Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
lunatic07
FFR Player

Exclamation New Game looking for music composer!

Hello everyone in the community of the ffr forums. I currently work in a game development team called Violation Games and we are working on a new mmo-rpg hoply coming out in 2007 and it is going pretty well right now we do not have a website untill the game is ready so if you want info about this game please email me or addme on my msn at peoples_champ_44@hotmail.com and ill answer all your questions referring to the game also yes we are in need of a music composer for the game background music email me for more details about that if interested .
ps: There is a quick trailer i made that shows pictures of how it is going to look like the graphics They will be updated to better graphics after december but right now these are the graphics of the game and everything you see in this trailer is gonna be updated to be better heres the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hja6H8I3et8
lunatic07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:03 PM   #2
JKPolk
tool

Send a message via AIM to JKPolk Send a message via Skype™ to JKPolk
Default Re: New Game looking for music composer!

There were two periods in that whole post.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:39 PM   #3
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I like the fact that you're REALLY making a 3D RPG and not just some incredibly low-quality 2D RPG with stolen music, even if the graphics aren't insane. Also, I just like developement teams that actually manage to make these kinds of things. Good job.

However, I can't say I know of any music composers that'd work for this game. There are a few people on FFR you might want to talk to, but, well, the only composers/songs I can think of would work horribly for an MMORPG. Keep up the good work, though.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #4
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

The only way I would play this game is if there was an elf race.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

/cry

Don't make trailers look that boring.

~Tsugomaru
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #6
Prime8
Awwwwwww!
FFR Veteran

I write some music, but I'm still very iffy about the whole thing. I'm 95% that I'll pass...
Prime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:32 PM   #7
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

HEY GUYS THIS LOOKS REALLY PROFESSIONAL

THEY'RE MAKING AN MMO AND USE HOTMAIL!

WOW UBER PRO

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:02 AM   #8
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
HEY GUYS THIS LOOKS REALLY PROFESSIONAL

THEY'RE MAKING AN MMO AND USE HOTMAIL!

WOW UBER PRO

Don't be so hard on the guy. At least he is making an effort to create. Good job on criticizing someone who tries so much harder than you.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #9
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I'm just saying, if they're making an MMO, they would need good servers and lots of them. If they can't even get their own email, it makes it look extremely doubtful that they could ever get this off the ground.

It doesn't look professional at all. In real life, that would get him laughed at. On the internet, it makes me think it's a scam to get music or to claim others' work as his own. He shows up asking for music, gives a HOTMAIL address and links to a YouTube video. I mean, if I wanted to look professional and try in the game industry, first thing I'd do is get a site, if for no other reason than to have my email be whatever@mystudioname instead of @hotmail or gmail or some other thing.

Everybody else criticized him, I was just a little bit more direct. The whole thing looks very unprofessional and if he really wanted any help with music it would have gone a long way if he had tried a little bit harder. Like JKPolk said, he had little punctuation and didn't capitalize and stuff, making him look unprofessional and stupid. tsugo said the trailer was boring (and it was), but that's mainly because of a lack of professional (or even decent, really) editting. And I'm guessing Prime8 is "iffy" about it because it seems really unprofessional.

That was my point. I don't see why you single me out just because I wrote what I said in all caps. I'm not gonna pretend like I think he'll make anything out of this. If he does, way to go, but at this point he looks like he needs lots of help that he won't get with such an unprofessional look.

EDIT: Just noticed at the end of the video, it gives a website for the game. I was about to take back what I said if the site was good, but uh, yeah, it doesn't exist. -___-

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

Last edited by evilbutterfly; 11-21-2006 at 11:33 AM..
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:05 PM   #10
lunatic07
FFR Player

ok just for the people that think there real smart the agme is not even close to being done so right now why would i pay for professional website and my own email account when i dont need it when the game is close to being out we hried a professional web designer to design a site layout over 200 dollors we are going to buy a server to hsot the mmo-rpg game on and also we are buying email accts once the game is almost done and making a professional trailer once the game is done so we can get some gameplay footage so smart asses that complained about the trialer again i told u its just pics of the graphics thats all like ****ing noobs gosh.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #11
lunatic07
FFR Player

and yes i know theres alot of erros on my last post but i dont really give a **** because i type very fats and im pissed off so dont be sa smartass about that to
Old 11-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #12
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Well, I'm sorry, dude, but we can all type fairly fast, being as we're here often, and we've all learned to use semi-decent grammar. Some of us just always have, others picked it up after using the internet for a while on sites like these.

Really, if you use proper grammar and good spelling, I'd say it will look much better to me than if you upgrade your graphics or make a more professional trailer.

As an example format, say I were a developer of Space Cowboy Online...
---
Hello, I've been visiting and taking interest in your forums, Flash Flash Revolution. I've seen some inspiring musical artists here and I would like to know if there are any artists willing to offer music for my MMO, Space Cowboy.

Space Cowboy is ... blah blah blah ... etc. etc. put basic info about it here.

It features:
- 24/7 uptime with high quality servers located throughout the United States.
- Advanced graphics made with X program.
- A hard-working development team that patches every other week.
- A friendly gaming environment that the entire family can enjoy.
- Full 3D Fast-Paced Player versus Player combat.

A trailer of the game in-the-making can be viewed on our official website, sco.gpotato.com.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email the customer support and customersupport@yoursite.com.

If you are willing to compose music that fits the type of game, please email musicinterviews@yoursite.com.

Thank you for your time, and please enjoy our game, Space Cowboy!
---
This is just an example. As you can see, being formal is a very important part of it. Making things look a bit more professional in terms of the trailer and website are also important, but practicing proper grammar is a goal that is more easily achieved and arguably more effective.

To be honest, if you're already cursing at people in a forum where you want to borrow music, I don't think you're going to go very far. If you plan to, you may want to hire people to administrate and moderate the website, and, well, everything. Not saying you wouldn't make a great game developer, though.

Try not to take this criticism personally. This is just what I'm offering to help you out. This is what the majority of gamers will expect of you before they take interest in your game, download it and play it regularly.

If your game becomes boring within a day, it won't get anywhere. If you insult your users that try to help you improve the game(because nothing is perfect, NOTHING), it won't get anywhere. If you do not take it in a professional manner, it will not get anywhere.

As I said, don't take it personally, take it as me trying to help you out as much as I can.

Last edited by ToshX; 11-21-2006 at 09:40 PM..
Old 11-22-2006, 01:12 PM   #13
Kenzya
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Kenzya

Hm.. I was just going to come here to say I was surprised that it wasn't some playerworlds project. Good job and good luck etc.

you guys are bringin down the house
Kenzya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 01:40 PM   #14
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I suggest everyone bring out their camera to take a photo of this occasion. For once, I agree with Tosh.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #15
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm not that terrible of a person when I'm not ticked off at someone.

EDIT: Well hey, at least I realize that I'm not perfect -.-

Last edited by ToshX; 11-22-2006 at 07:26 PM..
Old 11-22-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
monp787
FFR Player

The only thing I don't get is that he says its violation games, but in the video its Team Darkcore. You should stick one name you could confuse people that way.
monp787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #17
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Alright, well this guy seems to be an impersonator/didn't even make that. With a half minute of Googling, I found this.

http://mmorpgmaker.vault.ign.com/php...eb08f31f870b8c

It kinda fits the outline I put, but notice how the way he talks and such is COMPELTELY different.

And thus, we have a BSer :/
Old 11-22-2006, 09:20 PM   #18
lexis_is_icecold24
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX View Post
- A friendly gaming environment that the entire family can enjoy.
lmao thats so funny to me

lexis_is_icecold24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 07:53 PM   #19
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
Don't be so hard on the guy. At least he is making an effort to create. Good job on criticizing someone who tries so much harder than you.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Cheers, Synthlight, you just got sigged.

EDIT::::::::: Never mind, the whole site is going wonky and I can hardly edit this thing as it is. I dont know whats going on; the site is jagging, cant load most of the time, and the "sig link" is missing.

oh well....

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 11-23-2006 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: you tell me.
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #20
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Tosh, ever considered that any of the other members of that team could have posted that?

I'm rooting for you. Hopefully when a beta is released, everything is pulled together.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote