Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #61
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: jTWG LXIX: MECHANICAL POWER OF LOVEEEEE Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
I'm giving a slight Human lean to Haruhi Suzumiya as well for not realising that the Seer can't be guarded. I think a Wolf would have been more likely to have realised that.
why am I Haruhi?? is it because my avatar resembles the SOS logo (or am I just A GOD)?

that was a goof on my part. I did read that part about the role but forgot rofl. My point is even stronger now then, it's weird to bring up the doctor's ability to be killed and their fallibility but to put so much faith into the seer.

I have a gut read about TPS. Coming out the gate with that post doesn't sit right with me. It was just so fluffy, like every other D0 post, but it was pretending to be substantial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #62
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

its because your username is melancholy silly!!!
why do you want me to nickname you something else

also i get to be yuki tyyy

What are your opinions on some other Players?
Old 12-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #63
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

votecount
RNGRX (1): Antronach
Sora (2): Charles, RNGRX
thesunfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #64
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I have a gut read about TPS. Coming out the gate with that post doesn't sit right with me. It was just so fluffy, like every other D0 post, but it was pretending to be substantial
Like I said before, I'm not familiar with the jTWG players, I can't assume what they already understand right off the bat. I don't want a new player getting seer or doctor first time playing and out themselves unnecessarily. I also wanted to make everyone aware of how many lynches we would most likely have before losing. I was never going "HEY GUYS LISTEN TO ME I'M SO HELPFUL", I was just trying to lay down a little info and start it off as a jumping off point for discussion because d0 is usually random nonsense like you said.

I have no idea what rngrx is on about; does he usually act all network admin-y in the game?
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #65
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Soramimi probably wont play iirc she said the dates conflicted.
Sub Charu in! Dohoho~
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #66
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
its because your username is melancholy silly!!!
why do you want me to nickname you something else
You can just call me Raeko~ or nickname me whatever you want tho

Quote:
also i get to be yuki tyyy
Not fair!! I would rather be

Quote:
What are your opinions on some other Players?
Of course it's hard to tell at this stage only four pages in. But this phase is feeling shorter than I thought it would and we need some discussion, so here is my opinion on everybody so far:

Red Blaster - has posted quite a lot this game. S/he cast some suspicion on TPS and questioned RNG about his vote. They've targeted specific players, made jokes and tried to get discussion going. This seems like human behaviour to me

RNG - has also been relatively active and posted quite a bit. He was the first one to throw a vote out, including a semi-serious? vote on an inactive, Clasko. Wolves can easily slip by under the radar, people forget about them and humans lynch each other, and inactives also give no information to work with, so voting for an inactive player is a good play for humans probability speaking. At that early in the phase though, it seemed like he was just trying to get discussion going/Clasko to talk, which again seems human to me. He is generally pushing people with his vote, which is very human bahaviour IMO. no idea what all those weird posts are about tho?

VisD - null for the most part, but wanted to point this out:
Quote:
I'm not comfortable with just throwing something out there if there's going to be a massive pileup or whatever
Clasko - null

Charles Claythorne - I like your posts so far, mostly because (surprise surprise) you have been generating discussion. it's day one and there is not much else to go on, but the tone of your posts and just the fact that you have posted at all seems more human than wolf.

TPS - his first post makes him seem wolfy in my eyes. He just jumped out the gate with this super long mechanics post and it is very out of place among the regular light-hearted first page posts. Nobody prompted TPS to say anything that he said at all, he was just planning these things is his head. I think that it is a wolfy mindset to be planning right out the gate, as vanilla humans are coming in blind and probably want to get a feel for the game a bit first. Also as I mentioned before it seems like TPS was just trying to appear helpful rather than actually be helpful. On the other hand, it's possible he was just GENERATING DISCUSSION and that worked, his logic was generally sound too so what do I know anyway

soramimi - null. if she needs a sub we should get on that!

Antronach - Not quite sure about him yet. If I had to guess I'd lean human, though I'm not quite sure why

Basically as can be expected I have no strong reads at all in either direction! Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 06:28 PM   #67
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

Reaaaally bad timing for me... the holidays are way too hectic. I mentioned when I signed up that I'd be busy this week; I'm going to be swamped from Sunday onwards, (and probably without internet too,) which is why I was hoping this would start sooner! I really can't guarantee I'll be able to dedicate much time to this game, so if someone does want to sub in, it would probably be best they do so now since it's still early in the game.
I'll try my best if not, but I'm going to apologize now that I'll likely be awol for a lot of this. =( I'm also 90% certain that I won't be here for EOD tomorrow since I'll be in appointments in the morning, (off chance they don't go late, I might pop in, but it'll be from my phone if anything.)
Old 12-17-2014, 06:44 PM   #68
soramimi
Cat Army Coordinator
FFR Veteran

But, I may as well share what I can while I'm here!

TPS's first post... I initially felt like this was from a vet's perspective because we are still in a jtwg game, but at the same time I have to agree that it's a lot of words to express what most of us already know. It did generate some discussion, but yeah, it feels weird to start the game with WALL OF TEXT. Not sure if I'd go so far as to say it makes him wolfy to me, but it's almost overcompensating? Appearing helpful? I don't know.

R seems more aggressive this game. Normally he just kind of sits in the background and chimes in when he can, but he's a lot more involved so far. Not that that's a bad thing. I guess I'm just curious why the change.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:50 PM   #69
RNGRX
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Alright, putting my vote back on Clasko1000. Now we're done with that let me bestow upon you knowledge most profound and utmost enlightening.

Red Blaster - No contributions. Leaning red because of gut feelings.

RNGRX - He knows everything. Eye burning vivid lime green

VisD - Refused to talk. null

Clasko1000 - Not a word. null

Charles Claythorne - A fruit vendor. Greener than a honeydew melon.

TPS222 - You posted stuff that would be useful to town and wolves and also really obvious stuff. Anyone could have put in the basics you did and determining outcomes benefits wolves. Leaning red.

soramimi - A busy person. Has their reasons. - Leaning Green

Antronach - No contributions. When I put pressure onto you you try to shift the attention elsewhere. Leaning red.

mellonxcollie - Shared opinions of everyone. Great for discussion. Leaning green.

Moral of the story: Trust nobody.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soramimi View Post
R seems more aggressive this game. Normally he just kind of sits in the background and chimes in when he can, but he's a lot more involved so far. Not that that's a bad thing. I guess I'm just curious why the change.
Welcome to the town of r.
RNGRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:27 PM   #70
r
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

At least 3 of you minions are here. Speak up. Clay sell me some bananas at discount price because I labeled you green. TPS you have been too quiet. Watch every word you type because they will be throughly examined from now on.
r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:31 PM   #71
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

Yeah, I'm working on a post here, but I'm getting side-tracked by a game I'm playing on another forum, since the Day Phase ends in a few hours. I should hopefully have my reads list up in a bit.

Though, I'm always open to giving a special banana to you, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #72
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGRX View Post
Alright, putting my vote back on Clasko1000. Now we're done with that let me bestow upon you knowledge most profound and utmost enlightening.

Red Blaster - No contributions. Leaning red because of gut feelings.

RNGRX - He knows everything. Eye burning vivid lime green

VisD - Refused to talk. null

Clasko1000 - Not a word. null

Charles Claythorne - A fruit vendor. Greener than a honeydew melon.

TPS222 - You posted stuff that would be useful to town and wolves and also really obvious stuff. Anyone could have put in the basics you did and determining outcomes benefits wolves. Leaning red.

Antronach - No contributions. When I put pressure onto you you try to shift the attention elsewhere. Leaning red.

mellonxcollie - Shared opinions of everyone. Great for discussion. Leaning green.

Moral of the story: Trust nobody.

Welcome to the town of r.
You have 3 red leans despite there only being 2 wolves.
Quote:
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Old 12-17-2014, 08:17 PM   #73
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Roger that, Raeko Asahina!!!

I've played with Raeko Asahina in live TWG and I know she's good, so I'm going to make a brief reads list too because I want to be a gr8 TWGer like her! [lol I intended to make on hours ago when she originally posted hers, whoops!!!]

By the way (and this goes for everyone), it's totally understandable not to have any major leads Day 1; it's literally the start of the game, so it's highly improbable to have anyone beyond a slight Human/Wolf lean. Don't hold it against yourself if you don't come up with anything major, it would be an aberration if you did.
However, even if you have the slightest feeling that someone is Human or Red, post about it with your rationale. We're going to be looking through a lot of small details Day 1 and might not come up with anything too substantial, so even if we end up with a mislynch, the lynch and everyone's interactions hitherto has supplied us plenty of information for usage later in the game. Don't be afraid to give an opinion, every thought counts.

I think other newbies like me should follow suit and make a suspicion list, by the way!!!

Red Blaster - Similar to Raeko Asahina, he misinterpreted the mechanics involving the Seer here, which I feel would be more likely from a Human than a Wolf. He's also been pushing for suspicions and trying to be contributive. Haven't really seen him do anything out of line. Slight Human lean.

RNGRX - He's aggressive and pushing for activity and I like that a ton. Much different from his live TWG performance and I think it's a major improvement. I've only played one game with him in live TWG as a Wolf Partner, but I suspect that he can potentially be a dangerous Wolf based on it, so I'm keeping an eye on him. That said, he's Human enough for me to certainly not want to lynch him Day 1.

VisD - Disregarding his entry post, he's only made two 'game-relevant' posts, which are here and here, where he fails to supply an opinion on the going-ons in the thread and expresses concern over the vote. Don't really like it. Could be a Human without opinion or a Wolf afraid to fabricate one. There's plenty that's gone on in the thread to scrutinise at this point, however, so everyone should at least have some sort of opinion on something.

Clasko1000 - Literally has not posted at all. Does anyone know if he/she'll be absent? In that case, we should evidently try to find another replacement in addition to one for soramimi whenever possible.

Charles Claythorne - filthy casual

TPS222 - I mentioned before that I think his first post is a slight Human lean to me, since I don't think that a Wolf would place so much effort immediately after the game begun. I wouldn't be surprised if my opinion of him changed later, but for now, I don't really think lynching him would be our best option, since he at least made an effort to make Day 1 active.

soramimi - Her inactivity is put into perspective now that I realise she's been busy. Even still, with two posts, I'm already getting a Human vibe from her. It's as if you and T-Force have this innate Human aura that you release whenever you play jTWG!!! You shouldn't try to force yourself to play TWG when you're stressed on time though. We can work on finding you a replacement, don't worry.

Antronach - He acted a bit defensively to RNGRX's vote on him, which could be a nervous Wolf, I feel. I want to hear a bit more from you though. You voted for RNGRX, but do you have Human leans or Wolf leans? (hint, make a reads list and join the cool kids!!!)

mellonxcollie - Making reads list is always OP!!! She's cool in my book. B)
I disagree regarding her suspicion of tps, but her thoughts seem genuine to me, particularly her self doubt (be more confident in your reads, by the way. It's totally acceptable to be wrong if you own up to it and try to rectify your mistakes while there's still time). Further, as I mentioned for Red Blaster, she didn't realise the Seer couldn't be guarded, which I believe would be more likely to occur with a Human than a Wolf. In addition, I feel her random aside mentioning that she has a gut feeling that Antronach is Human is rather random; I don't see why a Wolf premeditating a post would make an unnecessary statement like that. I'm giving her a Human lean.

Going to switch my vote to Antronach.

I want to hear more from the following: Antronach, VisD, Clasko, tps

Antronach and tps, you two have posted a few times, but I would appreciate some more reads and opinions.

VisD and Clasko, you haven't posted anything of substance and you should both work on fixing that!!!

soramimi, sorry to hear that we caught you at a bad time! PM sunfan if you haven't already and we can work on getting you a replacement.

Red Blaster, it's a rare occurrence for anyone to have the same number of Red leans as there are Wolves. We're human beings capable of error, so it's nothing out of the ordinary to have more Red leans than necessary, as there isn't anything wrong with finding a number of things suspicious.

Also, something special for RNG that I stole from something my friend showed me:

#!/usr/bin/.././././bin/python3
'''This enterprise-grade script program outputs "Hello, world!" to stdout'''

IllegalArgumentException = ValueError
InvalidOperationException = IllegalArgumentException # for .NET fans
ValueError = None

class PrintStream:
def __init__(this, outputFunction):
this.outputFunction = outputFunction;

def print(this, stuff):
this.outputFunction(stuff, end='');

def println(this):
this.newLine();

def println(this, stuff):
this.print(stuff)
this.newLine();

def newLine(this):
this.outputFunction();

class System:
out = PrintStream(print);

def __init__(this):
raise exit(); # do not instantiate this class!
print = None

class Interface:
def __init__(this):
raise exit(); # do not instantiate this class!

class IHelloWorld(Interface):
def getHelloWorldString(this):
'''Get this HelloWorld's helloWorldString'''

def setHelloWorldString(this, string):
'''Set this HelloWorld's helloWorldString'''

class HelloWorldImpl(IHelloWorld):
defaultHelloWorldString = str("H4CK3D");

def __init__(this):
pass;

def getHelloWorldString(this):
return this.helloWorldString;

def setHelloWorldString(this, string):
if(string == str("Hello, world!")): # prevent hacking
this.helloWorldString = string;
else:
raise IllegalArgumentException(str("Fatal error: can not set helloWorldString to something that is not \"Hello, world!\"!"));

def outputHelloWorldString(this):
System.out.println(this.helloWorldString);

class IHelloWorldFactory(Interface):
def makeHelloWorld(this):
'''Make a new HelloWorld();'''

class HelloWorldFactory(IHelloWorldFactory):
def __init__(this):
pass;

def makeHelloWorld(this):
return HelloWorldImpl();

factoryName = str("HelloWorldFactory")
helloWorldFactory = vars()[factoryName]();
helloWorld = helloWorldFactory.makeHelloWorld();
try:
helloWorld.setHelloWorldString(HelloWorldImpl.defaultHelloWorldString);
except IllegalArgumentException:
HelloWorldImpl.defaultHelloWorldString = str("Hello, world!");
helloWorld.setHelloWorldString(HelloWorldImpl.defaultHelloWorldString);
helloWorld.outputHelloWorldString();
Old 12-17-2014, 08:18 PM   #74
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

lol that came out longer than expected
Old 12-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #75
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

guys im too much of a newb so my opinions are probs all wrong i think im going to take a step back and let you experts play so i can learn since this a jtwg and all i only want to stir the pot a bit
Old 12-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #76
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Putting votes on inactives when there is other players actively contributing is a waste of time. Examine what you can and base your play off of that. If clasko needs to be removed he will be, but don't go potentially lynching a human just because they've yet to play.

Charles: Mason bro. Green.

RNG-Sama: You've cast out at least 5 different votes at this point, always demanding some sort of appeasement, but yet you always dodge others questioning (i.e. reasoning behind votes). You haven't really done anything to convince me you're green, but yet in your reads you say nobody has contributed anything, and you're being overly-aggressive..so you're more red in my book.

Soramimi: Like I said, she's got conflicting schedule issues so I'm not going to lean one way or the other. Her post does push me more towards her being human though. Still null until I can see more.

Meloncollie: I'm getting a green vibe from him/her. We've mindmelded on a few issues so far..really all I've got on them. Green.

VisD: Null. Post more please.

TPS: I was initially skeptical about his massive post. Sure it was probably helpful to first time players, but it basically was information everybody should've already known. As I stated earlier, it came off to me as a wolf play..trying to seem human by overachieving, but I doubt he's actually a wolf. Null for now.

Arntonach: Leaning green. Would like to see more discussion from you though.

Clasko: No posts yet. He may not know he is playing? Obviously null.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-17-2014, 09:32 PM   #77
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Well, I don't really have any green leads right now, but I do have a reddish feel from RNG from his overaggressive behavior while were still trying to get our bearings and general evasiveness with answering questions. I don't see why we should vote for sora either, since s/he hasn't posted enough to read off of. The real mindcruncher though is TPS and his tl;dr post. I stare at it, trying to figure out his game, but the more I read into it the more I reconsider the lean I have on him.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #78
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Quote:
guys im too much of a newb so my opinions are probs all wrong i think im going to take a step back and let you experts play so i can learn since this a jtwg and all i only want to stir the pot a bit
I don't like posts like this, they only create excuses. You've made good posts so far, stick with them, I have a green lean on you.

RNG's list was ridiculous in some of it's reads. Example:

Quote:
Really? Just saying "i'm going to be busy" equates to you as "oh ok prob a green then". That irks me because it almost comes off as you supporting inactivity, a hallmark wolf tactic.

I'd be interested in what RNG thinks of their gut read Red Blaster lean now that he has posted something of merit.

I also don't see how these big long lists of naming everyone with "null read" after half of them equate to being more contributory. Regardless, RNG will be my top suspicion for now, and I'll put a vote behind it for the sake of urgency.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #79
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

idk are you sure tps im probably the worst twger in all of existence!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2014, 09:59 PM   #80
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

heck, i might even be a worse twger than sunfan if thats even possible