Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #21
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Default Re: RAGE

I never really get upset. When I do, it's very bad.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #22
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Eh forget it I'll describe rage for me I guess

In a nutshell my mind more than usual blanks and literally complete impulse takes over and I am literally doing things as I think of them.

Now in my case, I'm not a physically violent person because of the way my body is (as I'm not muscular but I am not fat either.) I'm verbally abusive sometimes though if you haven't noticed even when I'm irritated this comes out worse than usual. So when I say this next part keep this in mind.

When I'm raging I pretty much stop thinking of repercussions of anything and everything it's not like seeing red, but it's not that I'm completely aware consciously what I am doing is wrong, but I have an extreme tenancy to throw things really hard...

So things like this happen:

Keep in mind these were thrown across the room once. and since I am not physically strong I was surprised when I did it how little effort it felt it took.

But sadly that pair of headphones weren't my first item I broke via throwing.

2 mice (one during an official mind you.)
1 logitech headset (it still functions but both ears are broken off tom the middle section, on separate occasions)
1 pair of headphones (thrown once)
1 keyboard (I would grab my mouse and proceed to smash the keys in with it.)

But this is strictly to FFR cases.

In person I've slammed people into lockers (friends of mine actually they'd just annoyed me on a really bad day.)

I kicked a locker in gym class 'cause some ass hat stole an Ipod from me, along with my headphones.

Pretty much when I'm pissed it's extremely clear in my case.

I've also had a tenancy to raise my voice to what someone told me was "worse than a drill Sargent." Which apparently scared a girl who knew me in High School to the point where she wouldn't come near me. (This sounds like bull shit I'm aware.)

Pretty much impulse literally takes complete control, I become somewhat Physically violent and yell a lot. But I also stop thinking about what I am saying so like anything can come out, in short anything personal I know about you becomes instant ammunition for me to make you feel like complete shit.

Edit: forgot to add, when I talk to people in person I tend to avoid eye contact completely. If I'm angry is the only time you can get me to look at you directly without asking me to do so. I don't know why this is but it just is.

But this is just me though.

Edit2: I guess it'd be fair to blurt some ways I keep in under control. I tend to calm down by simply laying on my bed or something comfortable, sometimes I just clean like a mad man, which leads some people to think I'm ocd because my room is rarely ever unclean and I can even tell you where things are even if it's not.

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 11-23-2012 at 07:58 PM..
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #23
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

My fist automatically hits people in the face when they yell.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #24
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

I'll admit I get pretty upset when I fail at something or can't meet my own or other people's expectations, and it results in a mix between anger and sadness/temp depression which makes me occationally get voilent towards inanimate things :\
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #25
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

When I'm very pissed, my eyes get an evil look and I become the meanest/most cynical person I know. And when I rage I clench my muscles and start speaking too loud.

That's about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #26
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

FFRage only happens to me when I feel like I am under-performing even though I am giving the same effort as a time before. Kind of ridiculous for me to get angry at a game, even if I'm not doing that bad. But then of course, I end up going on a spiral downward and tend to start overtapping on my keyboard, laughing like an idiot, or pounding down on my desk.

This of course happens a lot with some FPS's like CoD, Battlefield, and Halo. Due to the feeling of "unfair" when I seem to be dying at a rate higher than normal or not getting kills with the same ease as earlier in the day. The worst that has resulted was me punching a door and putting a hole in it. To this day I tell myself I am an idiot for actually breaking something in rage over a video game.

Rage that happens from day to day encounters is actually not something that happens very often with me, unless someone touches a sore subject and keeps going with it... that's when I go from zero to sixty and start threatening to punch someone in the face. Never have been in a fight though, and have never punched someone in the face, as it is just a ridiculous threat with no means to solve any problem.

I find peace if I leave the situation, think about the situation critically, and then address it later when I have calmed down.

I'm just an old boy now
RagedBerserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #27
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I don't get a blank mind when I rage. The breaking point, where I will suddenly snap, is at irritation, and I think when I rage it just grows up from there. To me it's not so much loss of impulse control but rather I have impulses that I otherwise wouldn't have, and it's very satisfying to react to those impulses.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM   #28
Riotpolice
"Reach For The Stars"
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Riotpolice Send a message via Skype™ to Riotpolice

Damn, I can't believe nobody mentioned TeRa in this thread lol

Back on topic, my rage is a rather touchy matter. I don't know too many people here that have firing ranges, but I do. When I get upset, I go to my firing range with all the weapons I have (I have a 12 gauge and .22) and just let it rip. Most of the time though, I don't get upset. I just don't. The last time I remember going full out screaming and being fucking scary as shit was a looooong time ago, I barely even remember. That's my story~
Also why is "summon" in quotation marks as usually that signifies an alternate meaning like for example last night I "visited" your mother but it really means last night I "fucked her in the ass" so exactly what is the subtext of "summon" because I am not sure I am comfortable with the implications

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0de View Post
im usually the "nice guy" around these parts.. but this is bad, and you should feel bad. i would rather dip my balls in honey and hover them over a red ant hill than to ever hear such butchered crap.

Last edited by Riotpolice; 11-26-2012 at 10:50 AM..
Riotpolice is offline   Reply With Quote