Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Clans possibly a good idea for ffr v3?
Yes, it would expand the online aspect of FFR 13 35.14%
No, it would just create more problems 13 35.14%
Possibly, we would have to see more details 11 29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

Default please dont yell at me... lol

umm in the general forum someone started talking about the old teams and clans that used to (and still do) on ffr
so i got to thinking that maybe that could be the basis for maybe the next version of ffr, if it hasnt already been started.
like this is what i said in the forum:

"a pretty cool idea for teams/clans could be maybe the next ffr game
like clans have a rating for all the battles their members win and then you could challenge other clan members for their positions.
it would be cool cuz you could name your own ranks like (right off the top of my head) you could name some kind of clan after something in chess and then the lowest rank would be a pawn and then a pawn could challenge a knight for his position
see what i mean?
then you could have different clan levels. like all the n00b clans could battle each other and all the elite ones could battle each other. and once a clan racks up enough points then it could ascend to the next clan battling level.
i actually like this idea quite a bit...
i would definitely want to play this.
and you should do it with the next ffr type game so you wont have to remodel the old one and you can keep single player play for those people who dont want to do clan stuff."
what do you guys think?

WII friend code: 7377-7014-6050-0239
PunkNJunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
the_unda_doggz
Banned

Default Re: please dont yell at me... lol

Wow, when you put it like that it is kind of cool, Punk. As long as the team battles are official. Clans in R2 were stupid. But, if they were actually official and were part of the game and there were ratings for the whole team/clan, it'd be cool. My favorite idea was the whole 'clan positions'. It would be so cool ^_^......... A good idea in my opinion.
the_unda_doggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #3
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

yes but the question is
how do you think that synth and the other staff members will take it?

Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #4
Pippin667
FFR Player

Thumbs up Re: please dont yell at me... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_unda_doggz View Post
Wow, when you put it like that it is kind of cool, Punk. As long as the team battles are official. Clans in R2 were stupid. But, if they were actually official and were part of the game and there were ratings for the whole team/clan, it'd be cool. My favorite idea was the whole 'clan positions'. It would be so cool ^_^......... A good idea in my opinion.
I like what he said. Like how players have overall ranks, so should the clans (i think thats a good idea) and each should have there own IM thread.
Pippin667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin667 View Post
I like what he said. Like how players have overall ranks, so should the clans (i think thats a good idea) and each should have there own IM thread.
oh i like that idea!
and maybe if they had a tournament the people who lost or arent battling at the moment could watch a selected players game and chat with the other people who are watching it aswell.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Exclamation Re: please dont yell at me... lol

wicked awsome
sounds cool
reaper*x1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:42 PM   #7
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

also maybe we could have possibly clan profiles aswell?
so we could have info on whos in the clan and other information.
it would also expand the tournament aspect aswell as the online.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #8
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

thats not a bad suggestion it might help in both cases and people will want to be online alot more.....but could they set it up as registrations for clans onlike a bottom page so that we could just send in our registrations?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #9
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

they could do that or possibly the site could make like 10 different clan groups and newcomers could register their name under whichever clan of their choice.
it would be more fun to create your own, but it would also create a bit of chaos so maybe the site should create the clan groups for people to join.
there could also be a special "gold" clan for the members who support FFR financially.
and there would be one or two mods for each clan, like there being a mod for different forums.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:24 PM   #10
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

well maybe they could creat there own clan but to be able to do that you have to be a high enough lvl or a seniormember?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #11
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

maybe... but i think the site created ones.
it would be much easier to keep order in the site.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #12
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

that sounds good but what would the catagories be i mean everyone has different opinions...like me my self i'd have to go with the hell bringers...
Old 01-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #13
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

we should wait til the idea starts to grow before we start with clan names

Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 PM   #14
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

got ya i'll see what happens (but i still like that name )lol
Old 01-28-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

There was already a thread created about this.

Synth was for it, Chardish was against it.

I made a few posts organizing a system that I thought would work very well, I'll search for it.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:42 PM   #16
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

right on id like to hear what people are thinkin
Old 01-28-2007, 05:43 PM   #17
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Found it: Read below
Quote:
Don't put a restriction on the amount of clans allowed. Make it so that each member has to have a unique IP (So you don't have 5 accounts made by 1 person). Then, once a clan is created, it needs to obtain and maintain 5 members within their first week of creation, if these requirements are not met, the Clan is automatically deleted.

This will take care of that problem. It will also give people a chance to join a clan, as the leaders will be eager to find people to join, and thusly the newer members will have an oppurtunity to prove themselves.

Each player should only be allowed to be in one clan, so some sort of official system would need to be made, with a registration process. This would eliminate the possibilty of a leader pitting two of their own created clans together and reaping the benefits of an automatic win. Also, it prevents a conflict of interest situation, in which a member has a match against another one of it's clans.

If an actualy system and interface was designed, similar to the challenge system, this clan idea would work best. A date and time would be agreed on in the challenge information, and when accepted, it would be recorded into the database. A room would then be autocreated named and passworded identical to what was in the official challenge. The number of members participating would be required to be entered into the official challenge as well. This way, it can be 1 v 1, but the official clan match won't end until the designated number of players for each time completed their songs. An amount of songs played by each player could be set, and a round type thing could be set as well. The system would record the players score, and if the player tried to cheat and play a turn that wasn't his, the system would record the score as normally, recognize that that player already had a score, and DQ the clan. Official totals would be recorded, and the appropriate win and loss results would be tallied and recorded into the thereoretical high score board, similar to the MP's stat board. You could see the top 50 individual clans, players, personal scores, and the last 50 clan results. Leaderboards and tournaments could branch from this as well.

As you can see I tried to make reasonable brainstorm techniques, but if it is even wanted is a different story.

Just have different divisions of TK, similar to the army. They have US Army Infantry 258 and so on. The clan would be called {TK 5} signifying that they were apart of the larger picture, TK, but were seperated. From that, strategy could come into play. How many indexers do you want in a specifc regiment I'm going to call them, perhaps TK 3 will have 3 spread and 2 index, while TK 5 will have 2 1 handers and 4 Index. This would provide strategic placement of members, so specific regiments would be assigned to a certain clan match, say against TD 4, who was known to have a surplus of Index. You would decide which type of players you wanted going against them by sending a certian regiment.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 05:49 PM   #18
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

hmmmm thats not bad but a few things might cause a problem... im sure they'll all get sorted out though. sounds good
Old 01-28-2007, 05:51 PM   #19
PunkNJunk
FFR Player

looks like weve got our bases covered...
now we just need to gain the support of some of the staff.
i sent an pm to synth cuz he's the admin, shashikaro cuz hes the tourney manager, and one to tass because he seemed like a person to go to.

Old 01-28-2007, 05:54 PM   #20
reaper*x1202
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

i really wanna hear the imput on some seniors... maybe high ranked ones because they seem to have the most exp. what do you think?