Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-2-2013, 06:10 AM   #621
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: ODIPack3 submissions (it's happening!)

lol tristan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2013, 10:51 AM   #622
dascookieman
FFR Player

no new submissions judged yet!

i have looked at a bunch of old submissions, both completly accepteds, greens and purples and contacted the authors about a few things. you guys have been amazing with the revisions overall so far, but there are still a few files i would love to see revisions for. here are some editor-notes for a few files that aren't fully accepted yet that i didn't sent e-mails about.

fallen world
i didn't look at this in the editor last time, here are some notes. this file is so fucking awesome

measure 4 dat note is gay
measure 15 i think you should have jumps to the snare drums
measure 34 not constant 16th
measure 36&38&41&44&46 don't think you should have drum 16ths here when the streamy parts of this section of the file go to the guitar+vocals and so do these measures, except there are some drum stuff added. except for the kettledrum-roll at the end of measure 42 which should stay because it's special! :P (freezes to the guitar will obv work for m41&m42)
measure 74 missing guitar jump first 4th and the 4th jump in the middle of the measure should be an 8th earlier
measure 81-82 perhaps a bit too much left-handed pattern for no reason?
measure 85 a color note missing in the beginning
measure 113 i would not have continued the stream here to the drums here but it's fine. but you have 24ths to the guitar in the end without having stepped the guitar in this measure (you could just add jumps to the guitar)
measure 119 perhaps something weird happens with the 12ths halfway through
measure 121-122 not 100% sure about this but i havn't looked at it in any detail. anyhow it would be cool if the arrows are all freezes here and the 5 last notes double-freezes but it's not important
the file RULZ

lost not forgotten
really really sick file this too. here are some notes this time

measure 23-25 no matter what your layers are here, there are errors/missing notes. also the 3 last notes should be freezes! :P
measure 35 missing note when he speeds up at the end of the measure (there are 5 notes from the down arrow to the right arrow (both those two included))
measure 36 missing note after the trill also missing note(s) right before the end of the measure
measure 41 1 missing color note after the first yellow note
measure 45 it's a bit faster about 6 arrows into the measure
measure 49 that freeze is note1-higher note-note1, not a single note.
measure 51 the last notes before the 24ths are faster
measure 66 1 missing note right after the first green note
measure 67 1 missing note before the first purple note
measure 67 i think he descends even faster after the 4th halfway through (i think it start about on the 16th after tho)

reefer man
this file is monstrously cool i absolutely wanna accept it, why the hell i just purple'd it without giving you proper revision-notes before i do not know, probably because i could tell from the file that you are a very skilled author and that you should figure out what to change yourself or something . this file seriously is the BOMB, please look at it again and resubmit it. we should cut out that first boring part.

the mines in the beginning should all go imo. or at least almost all so that they aren't even remotely challenging, since the rest of the file is easy AAA
21-36 there's lots of piano stuff missing, sometimes it follows the piano and sometimes it doesn't it seems. actually i think this part should be cut out of the song, i can help you with that
36-45 same here, piano missing, could be even cooler with it put in
48-59 a few piano notes missing
70-76 think there are a few piano notes missing once again
76-86 get dem mines out again :P (they are cool but only for "artistic value" they are just gay to play)

i have been in contact with many of you regarding your files through the mail. there are still quite a few files that can for sure make it into the pack after revisions, would love to see some more revisions submitted to extend that accepted files list more . someone convince valor to revise menu theme!!!
Old 04-2-2013, 01:33 PM   #623
Nick Skyline
Retired from VSRGs
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman View Post
measure 4 dat note is gay
measure 15 i think you should have jumps to the snare drums
measure 34 not constant 16th
measure 36&38&41&44&46 don't think you should have drum 16ths here when the streamy parts of this section of the file go to the guitar+vocals and so do these measures, except there are some drum stuff added. except for the kettledrum-roll at the end of measure 42 which should stay because it's special! :P (freezes to the guitar will obv work for m41&m42)
measure 74 missing guitar jump first 4th and the 4th jump in the middle of the measure should be an 8th earlier
measure 81-82 perhaps a bit too much left-handed pattern for no reason?
measure 85 a color note missing in the beginning
measure 113 i would not have continued the stream here to the drums here but it's fine. but you have 24ths to the guitar in the end without having stepped the guitar in this measure (you could just add jumps to the guitar)
measure 119 perhaps something weird happens with the 12ths halfway through
measure 121-122 not 100% sure about this but i havn't looked at it in any detail. anyhow it would be cool if the arrows are all freezes here and the 5 last notes double-freezes but it's not important
the file RULZ

measure 23-25 no matter what your layers are here, there are errors/missing notes. also the 3 last notes should be freezes! :P
measure 35 missing note when he speeds up at the end of the measure (there are 5 notes from the down arrow to the right arrow (both those two included))
measure 36 missing note after the trill also missing note(s) right before the end of the measure
measure 41 1 missing color note after the first yellow note
measure 45 it's a bit faster about 6 arrows into the measure
measure 49 that freeze is note1-higher note-note1, not a single note.
measure 51 the last notes before the 24ths are faster
measure 66 1 missing note right after the first green note
measure 67 1 missing note before the first purple note
measure 67 i think he descends even faster after the 4th halfway through (i think it start about on the 16th after tho)
Alright, I revised those parts you were talking about and sent 'em back to you.

EDIT: I don't know if I should keep the GFX I made for Paradise Lost...if anyone wants to make some alternate GFX, that would be okay.

Last edited by Nick Skyline; 04-3-2013 at 03:12 PM..
Nick Skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2013, 11:38 PM   #624
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
reefer man
this file is monstrously cool i absolutely wanna accept it
this file seriously is the BOMB, please look at it again and resubmit it
I'm glad we agree on this.
Scintill you are a mad genius /respect

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2013, 11:44 PM   #625
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Just checked the first post. So I have until June to do this?

Just wondering -- I have a shit ton of things going on in my life right now, and if I can rely on that deadline, it's good to know.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2013, 12:19 AM   #626
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

Ehhm I sent Reefer Man ages ago, I'm suspecting someone else gave it a go.

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 04-3-2013, 04:57 AM   #627
dascookieman
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
Just checked the first post. So I have until June to do this?

Just wondering -- I have a shit ton of things going on in my life right now, and if I can rely on that deadline, it's good to know.
i would say it's likely that i will close submissions sometime early may.

i don't wanna set a date yet, but i will warn a few weeks in advance. still expecting a file from you, zagh, hayden, hi19, necros, shadow_god and a few others and i want the pack to be bigger, but at the rate it has been going so far i think i should for sure try to get it released in may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
Ehhm I sent Reefer Man ages ago, I'm suspecting someone else gave it a go.
it's your file! i played through a bunch of old submissions again, and i remembered it being really cool, giving it purple and not looking at it in the editor the first time around. i would love it if you wanna take a look at it again it's such an awesome file except for that boring part in the beginning. i can try to cut the song for you if you'd like
Old 04-3-2013, 06:20 AM   #628
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I sent in a file. It's groovy~
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2013, 08:57 AM   #629
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

I meh a lot when I've finished a file. Most are stepped in one session. Just don't feel like going back to it a second day.

Or you can do whatever you like with my files, I don't care

Quote:
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
Old 04-3-2013, 11:03 AM   #630
dascookieman
FFR Player

i will cut the songs for you later scintill and send them to you. i don't have time to revise the files for you though, i have tons to do with this pack. seems like it shouldn't be that difficult for you :P! then just resubmit and i'll get them accepted

reviews, still have 7 files left to play

asdfmovie6
it's fun, the streams and the parts in between them are awesome, but the beginning was too long. it is a bit boring to get to the good part of the file, everything repeats too much in the beginning, we should solve this with a cut. the streams rule and the freeze-part between them rules, but i think the last part with the freezes should be remade without freezes, it very easy to mess up and i feel like they just make it unnecessarily difficult to read, and you already have the cool freeze-part between the streams that obviously is very similar to this part. i would likely accept this after revision

bit howl (revision)
accepted

centaur
great job it's very accurately stepped, the layering seems perfect and the pitch-relevance is really nice. but this would by far and away be the easiest file in the pack, for most part it just has too few arrows simply :P. i like it otherwise it's a different file to a different song and it's well-made but it just never became that much fun because there was so little going on

fallen world (revision)
accepted as hell. once again this file RULES. perhaps the best dragonforce file

lost not forgotten (revision)
accepted. it's also really cool but i wouldn't say best DT file

toki (revision)
accepted

cock-ver10.
it's a cool file, challenging enough and very creatively made. too much freezes/mini-freezes though, especially in the beginning, because you have them similarly and a lot in the end. it becomes a question of the file just having too many freezes in general, while the file should have a lot of freezes as you use them very well for certain really cool tricks everywhere throughout the file, but you have too much minifreezes going to fairly regular sounds at the same time, it just clutters up the file. i like the mines for once even though they have significant impact on the file as a whole, creative and moderate usage and it didn't become too hard. i also like the jacks. the song should be cut 20 seconds in the end so it doesn't display as a marathon (that part is obv not stepped)

dishevel
cool as FUCK. but change up that repeating 48th pattern in the beginning!!! it was so annoying that it repeated like 10 times, just mix up the entire pattern every time it was really gay like that. everyhing else in the file RULES and p much seemed perfect. nice variation while still hard and consistently difficult. pretty unique file i love it

existens
awesome swing fun to play. it's on the verge of being too easy but it's fun and there are no other swing files like this in the pack yet. there are many inconsistencies in the layering though and it could be made more fun and challenging at the same time if properly layered imo

measure 1, the freeze sound is playing 3 notes and i don't think the last drum note(s) is/are correct either
measure 11&15 the sound the minifreeze is going to is obviously playing 3 24ths? i don't think the sound has to be represented by freezes either.
measure 10-17 i don't like the layering in this entire part. the gallops are to the keyboard right? and the 8ths to the hi-hat? the keyboard plays on many 8ths, so they should be jumps. several times the basskicks, the keyboard and the melody hits at the same time and there should be some hands. some 8th jumps only have the basskick so they should be singles. you should remake this entire part, just step the keyboard only first as it the subtle sound but it's important and supercool. then just add arrows on all 8ths to the hi-hat, add arrows on all 4ths to the basskick and then add the main melody, i think it would be really fun
measure 18-25 i think this part has a lot of the same problem, some 4th only have the basskicks and should be singles and some 8ths has the keyboard and should be jumps.
measure 27 the 16th, the keyboard is playing the same note as the 8th jump right before so it should be a minijack
measure 28&32 missing keyboard swing
measure 30-33 the layering again
measure 31 missing keyboard 16th minijack again
measure 34-36 add the string instrument or whatev it is here to as you do in the end of measure 36, it'll become cool 16ths over the green arrow gallops for a short bit.
measure 37 the strings are playing two notes at a time here

won't keep going but give the file a bit an overhaul and this can surely be accepted

Last edited by dascookieman; 04-3-2013 at 11:06 AM..
dascookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2013, 11:29 AM   #631
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!

I need to hurry with my pack before it's too late x.x

icontrolyourworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2013, 12:13 PM   #632
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Curious to what you think of lawn wake II
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-3-2013, 02:40 PM   #633
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
asdfmovie6
it's fun, the streams and the parts in between them are awesome, but the beginning was too long. it is a bit boring to get to the good part of the file, everything repeats too much in the beginning, we should solve this with a cut. the streams rule and the freeze-part between them rules, but i think the last part with the freezes should be remade without freezes, it very easy to mess up and i feel like they just make it unnecessarily difficult to read, and you already have the cool freeze-part between the streams that obviously is very similar to this part. i would likely accept this after revision
sweet

where do you prefer to cut the song?

Quote:
centaur
great job it's very accurately stepped, the layering seems perfect and the pitch-relevance is really nice. but this would by far and away be the easiest file in the pack, for most part it just has too few arrows simply :P. i like it otherwise it's a different file to a different song and it's well-made but it just never became that much fun because there was so little going on
was going for an expressive feel for the song. oh well.
Old 04-3-2013, 03:07 PM   #634
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

Quote:
bit howl (revision)
accepted
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick

time to start on another file gonna get that shit outta the way today
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2013, 03:45 AM   #635
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Sent in my first of 13 billion submissions did you get my E-mail about Gravestoned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Shadow_God_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2013, 07:34 AM   #636
dascookieman
FFR Player

sent cut songs to you guys

more reviews later today

also icy... just wait til you see nick's file

Last edited by dascookieman; 04-4-2013 at 07:44 AM..
Old 04-4-2013, 01:31 PM   #637
dascookieman
FFR Player

lawn wake II
fun, nice and hard file, challenging in a fun way for most part. but it seemed a bit sloppily made. it could also use an easier difficulty for sure

measure 3-6 sounds like the 16ths are some kinda really short gallops?
measure 8 it's faster notes one 8th earlier (freezes should start 1 8th earlier)
measure 10-24 i don't like this entire part, i feel like that new sound is playing constant 16ths? dunno wat ur steppin
measure 24 why 16ths
measure 26 the jumps in the end are wrong
measure 30 right amount of notes but they're obviously off with the 32nd like that, use 192nds. and why 3 16th freezes for the first faster sound
measure 39 it's obviously just 32nds between the last 4th and the end of the measure
measure 40 i think it's differently at the end
measure 44 it's correct for a while there early but then it's all wrong p much
measure 47 it's good with freezes like this but they're off by a lot
measure 53 annoying uparrow before that pattern, and i'm not sure i hear anything on that 4th anyway?

go over it thoroughly yourself there were a few more pretty obvious errors while just playing it. i wanna accept this after it's been revised and has an easier difficulty! i love it when it's this hard but not everyone will

kouen
not bad at all but it's not that much fun since some of the hard parts are so awkward to hit correctly with the minijack-jumps/hands rhythms. it's not all too special to begin with but i thought it was fun because it was challenging with fun minijacks for a while, and it like that it gets progressively harder but it didn't get harder in a fun way at all unfortunately. it's a shame nothing cooler than that happened in the song.

maniera
cool file but it had a lot more potential i thought. pretty fun but some parts could be made so much more interesting. you could also have a superhard edit difficulty if you want to

measure 6&8 end of the measure, i think that sound you have jumps to is playing 1 more note
measure 8 too many jumps around the beginning of the measure?
measure 15 shouldn't the 8th in the 16ths also be a jump because the piano hits? you could just add, and you could add it and not have jumps to the snare drum, or you can add it and make the snare drums a minijack with a jump instead, would be p cool
measure 17-22 i think this part could have better PR but it's up to you
measure 23 the notes begin a bit earlier
measure 27 cool drumnotes missing
measure 29&30 missing drums in the end
measure 31-32 lots of missing drums but perhaps it's intentional, but i think it would be really cool with the drums added and perhap less hands/jumps to the piano
measure 43 it's not constant 8ths
measure 51 i would like it if the patterns changed when the sound increases in pitch, just put other really easy patterns, perhaps don't start off with the staircases, get to them in the end
measure 56 don't think you should have these 3 first 16ths to the percussion since it's also playing at the same time as you have your next 16ths to the piano, and that would make 16th jumps there (which could also work)
measure 57&58 missing percussion 16th at the end but still i dunno if you should have percussion in this section at all
measure 60 same here first it's percussion then it's abandoned when the piano is playing 16ths
measure 63 missing piano 16th in the end and one 16th too much (the very last)
measure 65 why no cool percussion minigallops?
measure 71-73 no matter if the jumps are to the snare drums or the piano chords, they're not accurate
measure 80-86&88-91 there is so much more to add
measure 91 you shouldn't abandon the piano to have the 16th drums, 12ths over 16ths is fun and it wouldn't be inconsistently difficult
measure 101 the drums are faster in the very end

i didn't check every single part of it, i feel like this was pretty sloppy work compared to your other files. revise it and resubmit and this can be accepted for sure

my dog don't even care about apocalypse
iii doooon't eeven..... .... i mean it was actually fun at times lol. but some parts were not so amazing lol, for example when it was sped up songs with just one million 8th jumps, got old pretty fast. the short fast stream were pretty fun and the jacks were kinda fu, but overall it's a bit repetetive, lol it's funny with the music being what it is but the steps to it just naturally doesn't turn out that great. i could possibly accept this after a cut with the best parts patched together but it's a bit of a longshot

not eternity
far, far too easy and uneventful. i fell asleep 30 seconds in and never woke up again

osakan bash riddim
the hard parts were a bit fun but the file completly lacks any flow. it's so easy for most part and not that much fun or special, then a couple of really hard parts comes out of nowhere, which weren't too amazing but kind of fun. but then it goes back to being supereasy and no flow. the hard parts would've worked in another file where the rest was also challenging and fun.

rally race
solid file but something else needed to happen. it's the same similar easy 16ths rhythms mostly throughout, and the part that is a bit different is also very easy, just not a very memorable file. for files this easy the bar is very high

waltz no 17 in g minor
SO FUCKING HARD LOL. it's really fun at times, but at times it's just stupid. you have to be careful with patterns when you make files this hard, in the middle and end there were a few sections with lots of 8th jumps and 12ths that came in almost impossible patterns to hit, it has to be changed to be a bit easier pattern-wise. a lot of the jacks are great though and i love them in a file that is this hard anyway. i think i heard a few errors in the early parts as well too but overall it seemed accurately made. in the end with the 48ths you should change the patterns too because it was supergay, and in that entire part it's a bit too much left-hand. i could accept this after revision, it will be the hardest file in the pack!

Last edited by dascookieman; 04-4-2013 at 08:55 PM..
Old 04-4-2013, 01:49 PM   #638
intensez
FFR Player

thats the most amount of rejected files in one post since this pack started
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2013, 02:38 PM   #639
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dascookieman
maniera
cool file but it had a lot more potential i thought. pretty fun but some parts could be made so much more interesting. you could also have a superhard edit difficulty if you want to
There's already a superhard chart for maniera in one of GD's FFR community packs. If it's the song I'm thinking of (by Musical Masterpiece).
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2013, 02:41 PM   #640
baq12
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'll get started on fixing lawn wake when I get home. What's the final verdict on insect digestion melancholy? As well as canon rock? I can fix canon rock again if I need to.
baq12 is offline   Reply With Quote