Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #21
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore
Default Re: one handers... crazy

I agree with potentially everyones point of view so far..
There is no Disadvantage..
There is no need to gloat about what you have.
One Handers do take longer to proceed with skill.. But that is to those who don't have a Constant worry about being better..
I mean look at Bynary..
I was just a little off his skill Lvl and then BAM
He just kept playing and playing.. Now I can't keep up with him.

I'm Glad one handers are being noticed.. But also, it's not completely amazing.. cause just like in life nothing is impossible to be done.

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #22
Golden720
FFR Player

I one hand. I guess it just comes more naturally to some people more than others
Golden720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 PM   #23
virus003
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to virus003

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
Playing one handed isn't hard at all...
then why did you switch to spread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XUioX View Post
too hard and too long.. the rest of it was easy though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundb0x View Post
i still have photos of my dad dickfeeding me when i was like 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
stop back seat modding its annoying
virus003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:29 PM   #24
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

There are like 7 or 8 hard core one handers right now. The rest have ether quit, changed over, or aren't keeping up with us. I remember when we were like your descriptions state, but I'd say 3 or 4 of us have matured a lot in the past while.

(I don't mean to take credit, but it's probably my fault for the maturing xD. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Old 07-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #25
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Despite the fact that I play one handed, I personally find it very annoying when people brag about playing one handed in every score they post. There is nothing wrong in letting people know you play one handed, but constantly boasting about it is stupid. If you choose to play one handed, then don't shove it in everybody's faces. It's your choice.

I don't feel playing with one or two hands are as different from each other as everybody says. The physical limitations for one hand are yet to be determined, and with enough practice, you can get into T4 and beyond, one hand or two. In fact, I know a one hander who is almost T3.

When a spread player tells a person to switch to spread, I say you need to **** off. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT STYLE YOU PLAY. Enjoying the game for what it is is more important than being the best, and if you feel that you need to be the best, then you either stay with what style you were playing, or switch to another.

As nice as it is to hear compliments regarding how insane a score is for being one handed, unless it breaks new ground for that specific playing style, just treat it as if it were done by any other playing style. It's just a game, and there is absolutely nothing amazing about a great score that was done with a different playing style, simply for the fact that a lot of practice was behind it, just like any other playing style.

Honestly, I consider people bragging about their scores being one handed as annoying as a player telling you to switch to spread...because it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you play one handed, nor what style you play.

~Bynary Fission

EDIT: It's fine to be proud of your playing style, but if you are elitest about it, then don't bother mentioning it to people. Playing one handed doesn't make your scores more amazing, so get over yourself and quit rubbing it in.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #26
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Despite the fact that I play one handed, I personally find it very annoying when people brag about playing one handed in every score they post. There is nothing wrong in letting people know you play one handed, but constantly boasting about it is stupid. If you choose to play one handed, then don't shove it in everybody's faces. It's your choice.

I don't feel playing with one or two hands are as different from each other as everybody says. The physical limitations for one hand are yet to be determined, and with enough practice, you can get into T4 and beyond, one hand or two. In fact, I know a one hander who is almost T3.

When a spread player tells a person to switch to spread, I say you need to **** off. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT STYLE YOU PLAY. Enjoying the game for what it is is more important than being the best, and if you feel that you need to be the best, then you either stay with what style you were playing, or switch to another.

As nice as it is to hear compliments regarding how insane a score is for being one handed, unless it breaks new ground for that specific playing style, just treat it as if it were done by any other playing style. It's just a game, and there is absolutely nothing amazing about a great score that was done with a different playing style, simply for the fact that a lot of practice was behind it, just like any other playing style.

Honestly, I consider people bragging about their scores being one handed as annoying as a player telling you to switch to spread...because it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if you play one handed, nor what style you play.

~Bynary Fission

EDIT: It's fine to be proud of your playing style, but if you are elitest about it, then don't bother mentioning it to people. Playing one handed doesn't make your scores more amazing, so get over yourself and quit rubbing it in.
I've seen a boast or two slip out of you even, but I share the same opinion.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #27
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zageron View Post
I've seen a boast or two slip out of you even, but I share the same opinion.
I'm sure there has been. My opinion gradually formed in the past couple months, once I had seen and learned more of the FFR community. I'm glad you do, though. I don't see why some people make such a big deal about their scores being one handed. It's fine to be known for being a one hander and/or a pro of that specific style, but don't rub it in.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:52 PM   #28
OnixRose
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneW0lf View Post
I only care about how well you do, regardless of how you do it..
I feel the same way, I used to be an avid one hander, but now I look back on it and I don't really see the point to sticking with it other than it was more "natural" for me than spread at the time, and the only reason I didn't start spread sooner was because I couldn't install hotkeys o_O

1000% supporter of FFR character additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.
OnixRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:56 PM   #29
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virus003 View Post
then why did you switch to spread?
because Vertex Beta was gay.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #30
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Once again, Bynary hit it on the dot. I agree with him 100% and that is all there is to it.

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #31
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

One hander's are just amazing.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #32
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
One hander's are just amazing.
We thank you! :]
Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #33
botchi246
Keepin it Real since '05
FFR Veteran

One handers are BEAST
especially the ones i know like Datenshi-Requiem and Zageron
quote" ****ing skanks"

botchi246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 PM   #34
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak

I think others have covered this pretty well. It's true that in the end, you have a score and it doesn't really matter what playing style you used to get it. It does seem to take longer to improve and get really good one-handed though, and using spread can allow you to get better faster. That doesn't necessarily mean one style has an advantage/disadvantage over the other. You play the way you like. Personally, I started one-handed since that's the way I always use the arrow keys -- it was a natural choice. By the time I heard about playing two-handed, I just couldn't do it. I tried it for a little while, but was doing so poorly that I just decided to stick with the one-handed style I was already used to.

All that being said, I do still prefer to compare my scores against those of other one-handed players, because I think it is generally accepted that there are differences in playing styles. While the end results may be all that's important in some cases or to some people, I like to know where I stand compared to others who play the game the same way I do.

In general, I try not to boast or anything. Sometimes I'll post about scores or accomplishments I think are good for me, but I know there will always be better and worse players than myself. I'm just trying to have fun and do the best I can. I do like to let people know that I play one-handed though, so that they can factor that in, or not, as they feel appropriate when looking at my scores and such.

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95

Last edited by Dronak; 07-27-2008 at 09:27 PM..
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #35
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Umm, no. One handers are not amazing. Indexers are not amazing. Spread players are not amazing.

It is the player who is amazing, not their style. And I disagree with everyone saying "One handed is not a handicap". Umm, yeah...it is. By the fact that is takes loads longer to get half as good is proof that the style is indeed a handicap.

However, if you are to get decent like that then you can be judged on your scores. Not how you get them.
travman301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:54 PM   #36
humphoboextreme
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by travman301 View Post
Umm, no. One handers are not amazing. Indexers are not amazing. Spread players are not amazing.

It is the player who is amazing, not their style. And I disagree with everyone saying "One handed is not a handicap". Umm, yeah...it is. By the fact that is takes loads longer to get half as good is proof that the style is indeed a handicap.

However, if you are to get decent like that then you can be judged on your scores. Not how you get them.
Yeah, and just for you people who think you're good...

You shouldn't be putting people down, there's most likely someone better than you, and you can always get better, in one way or another.

There is a best you can reach, but doubt you'll make it.

Calling people noobs, and saying they suck... it's something a 'noob' themself would say. Proof... calling someone a noob is showing people how you just got out of the "noob" range so you can start being able to call people noobs too. What other reason is there to use it unless someone has been set up for such a situation where it is exceptional? I'm pretty sure most of you know what I'm talking about.
humphoboextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 PM   #37
Flaming_Dingleberry
Everybody gets one.
FFR Veteran

Post Re: one handers... crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
just like in life nothing is impossible to be done.
No one will ever AAA Vertex BETA vrofl. One-handers DO have to work harder to get better scores, so they deserve some respect, but until there is a one-hander who is better than MrRubix, -Laggy-, Shashakiro, or Smitty, I can't ever believe playing one-handed is, at best, even a good technique to use for this game. Every one-hander hits a wall at some point.
Flaming_Dingleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #38
sarahxjane
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Botchi didn't count me in with Datenshi and Zageron.

Butthead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
*knock knock*
*opens door*
Hello sir, I am a representative from eBay.
Um, ok. May I help you?
Yes, I am going to need some more information. What is your social security, work hours, sperm count, sexual orientation, and hours of absence from your home?

as of December 11th 2009.
Proud One Hander! 113 AAAs & 295 Full Combos
sarahxjane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:35 PM   #39
kmay
Don't forget me
FFR Veteran

i personally think index has the most limitations in FFR now indexers have to face hands which means they either have to learn a new style for that song or just mash. i learned spread but will never ditch index i want to try and get some where index. its more impressive to be really good index or one hand then spread *cuz so many ppl are spread* so to all the indexers and one handers. i give u guys props but l having 2 styles of playing is an advantage
Old 07-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #40
its rip its rip
FFR Player

i played ffr on and off for about a year one handed.

i got impatient with it and changed to spread. it's far easier to learn and whatnot. jumps are sooooooo much easier with spread it's ridiculous.
its rip its rip is offline   Reply With Quote