Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #41
mattc16
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to mattc16 Send a message via MSN to mattc16
Default Re: TWG XXXIV

He voted for you? I must have overlooked that, that's a fair point.

Click for great online poker rakeback offers!
Old 07-25-2006, 05:09 PM   #42
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Yeah because an early vote on day one means a whole lot, especially from me.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #43
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sertman
How do we know Afro isn't just trying to save his own ass after making a bunch of stupid comments?
We don't, but at the same time we don't know if you just fell for his second trap.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:54 PM   #44
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

I can't tell if Afro is trying to cash in on his rep of being very aggressive in the beginning, or if he is just acting normal.
Old 07-25-2006, 05:55 PM   #45
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Right now I agree with Kilga, I saw no harm in discussing last night's kill for the reasons already stated and becuase activity is what's going to help us the most to determine the wolves this game. Afro's early vote is a typical human move for him, and iggy seems more high-strung than wolfy to me, although maybe both.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #46
petpro32
FFR Player

I don't really see what we can do right now, with no special roles. I think that, as others have said, it'll be just a shot in the dark, so i guess that its time to start voting soon. So far there's one for Iggy. I feel that afro tried too hard to cast blame on iggy, and that he seemed a bit desperate, but that's just my inexperienced opinion. I am left undecided as of yet. Any one else have anything?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #47
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

I initially thought iggy was right in that we should not discuss probable kills for the next night once the day ends, because it does spoil discussion for the next day. However, we do it all the time on AIM. That does not really cause complications next day, because it gets us thinking about "whys" and "what ifs". I'd say that's the best way to go about discussing possible night kills amongst ourselves (if necessary); just because night posting is allowed doesn't mean we need to use it. If we do discuss possible kills in the thread, next day will likely be "I told you so", followed by "...", and we don't want that.

Because Afro's "bait" is pretty much ruined now, I'd like to say that it's really not all that unusual as of late. I was a wolf the past two games, so I was extremely sensitive to votes. Afro acted like this both games and got me all "WTF" when he was human. I'm not sure exactly who or what he was trying to pull into all of this, but don't take it as a wolfy tactic.

Now, we could all be "Tass is dead lol" or "fight iggy afro fight" right now, but I think both are causing us to crash into dead ends, and the end will be a random vote. Anybody would've killed Tass, and the iggy/afro conflict looks like jumpy humans to me right now. Because we don't have much to discuss in relation to roles, there;s not much to say right now. We need to move in some sort of direction, and I think the best way to do that is to get everyone to say a good few lines to get their voices in there. I'll be sure to vote inactives midday, because this is definitely NOT the game to keep quiet in.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 07-25-2006, 09:56 PM   #48
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

I'm still kind of getting the hang of things and seeing what ideas lead to what actions, this being my first TWG and all, so I probably won't be one of the ones who's going to talk up a storm and bring too many new things to the table.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #49
petpro32
FFR Player

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread:2 (2 members)

petpro32, FoJaR

Needs more active players.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:17 PM   #50
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

leave me out of this
Old 07-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #51
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

CypherToorima, Wilkin, jwcgator, and Jurs still need to post.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:38 PM   #52
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

Quote:
I'm still kind of getting the hang of things and seeing what ideas lead to what actions, this being my first TWG and all, so I probably won't be one of the ones who's going to talk up a storm and bring too many new things to the table.
Why not? We could tell if you were a new human or a new wolf depending on what you had to say.

I blasted the thread with posts my first twg, I don't see why you can't do the same.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #53
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

people who seem wolfy to me so far: afro, iggy, fish, mattc16
Old 07-25-2006, 11:11 PM   #54
petpro32
FFR Player

people who seem wolfy to me: Afro, Iggy, Fish

I don't know why, but Afro's vote and Iggy's counter's seemed staged, then we had Fish coming along throwing away peoples suspicions with his advice, and it seems planned. As Talisman said, wolves have to be thinking two moves ahead, and I think that they are. again, I'm open to any counter statements or insight.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:14 PM   #55
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Then why even sign up. You basically just said "I'm new to the game so I won't even try and I plan on just coasting." You have to try. If you're not willing to even try, you don't even deserve to sign up.

Anyway, that tactic works well if you're a wolf, but if you're human, doing that SEVERELY HURTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggymatrixcounter
CypherToorima, Wilkin, jwcgator, and Jurs still need to post.
Not the most active posters there... Cypher doesn't even come to FFR really anymore even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR
people who seem wolfy to me so far: afro, iggy, fish, mattc16
>:|
Old 07-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #56
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

As I said before in a PM to tass, with the absence of a jTWG, there's no real other way for me to get used to the game. I'm still going to be active, talking, etc. but i'm not going to be writing 4 and 5 paragraph posts with my ideas. Sorry if my post was misinterpeted, but that's how i meant it... i'll post, but they won't be monstracities like what some of you guys write

Old 07-26-2006, 01:09 AM   #57
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

I've been keeping up with the thread, checking it when I can, it's just hard to post when people say what I'm thinking.

From what I've seen, Afro votes early, usually to get some talk going. Of course it's hard to say he's a wolf, or a human. It seems to have worked, so I'll give him the shadow of the doubt.

I saw Iggy mentioned that night posting was dumb. I don't think so. It's no the most usefull thing, especially on night one when absolutely nothing has happened, but later, I'm sure we'll find a use for it.

And the "talking about who's gonna get lynched tonight talk is stupid". I think it's useless. I don't really see what anyone gains from it, except for the "why's" and "what if's" nforcer mentioned, but I don't see how talking about it before hand could do us any good. nforcer also mentioned that people talk about it on AIM, but I don't really talk to many TWG players on AIM, so I don't really know.

that's all for now.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:06 AM   #58
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Let's get this game off on the right foot:

1) Night posting. Especially with cardflipping in this game, I think night posting should be used for everyone to discuss the day's lynching publically, before someone else is killed. Depending on the outcome of the cardflipping, people can discuss their views and opinions on "why someone voted him," or "why was it so close between those two people," without the pressure of someone being bandwagon'd on. I would think of it as a time for relaxing with casual conversation instead of strategizing and more speculation.

An easy analogy is to compare it to a poker tournament. Every couple of hours, the players get a break to relax and pull themselves and their concentration together before heading back into the fray. If we used the allowance of night posting like that, it could be a good foundation for the proceding discussion the next day.

2) Iggy. He's been subject to a lot of stuff the past couple games, so I'm not surprised to see him a bit edgy. The idea of him and Afro staging the arguements is an interesting one, and shouldn't be completely ruled out. I'm keeping an objective viewpoint for everyone for the time being, however, as I don't like to form speculations so early and subconsiously align myself to them.

3) Tass. As everyone else said, pretty run-of-the-mill. Another interesting idea would be to wolf Tass merely to piss him off, especially after his night post talking about his recent Night 1 deaths. It's a long shot that all of the wolves would've done it for this reason alone, but I'm sure Tass isn't the only candidate for a first kill.

More as the day progresses.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:05 AM   #59
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

You know Tass was already wolfed, right?

Old 07-26-2006, 05:42 AM   #60
petpro32
FFR Player

Sertman, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have missed that. Anyway, I agree with Wilkin about keeping an objective viewpoint. No use being drawn by someone else's logic, without using any of your own. And about night posting, I think that it's necessary if the humans want to win this game. So until then, keep communicating, and getting your ideas out. We are going to need them, to determine who the wolves are. I'm out for the night.

Closed Thread