Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Most popular in 2 years?
Wii 48 49.48%
X-Box 360 19 19.59%
Playstation 3 19 19.59%
Other 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #41
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: console fight... in 2 years

But... you own one. So... why do you care if the price drops?

Not to mention that Sony's executives said it wouldn't for at least another two years.

Do you have any proof that PS3 is going to have a vast library like the PS2? Apparently all PS3 owners think this way. Do you know why the PS2 had a huge library that continues to get additions made to it even now? It was cheap to develop for the PS2 and it had the largest install base.

Guess what. The PS3 is the exact opposite. It's incredibly difficult and costly to develop games for the Cell processor. The PS3 also has a third of what Wii has sold, and Wii sells out every time it hits the shelves while PS3 sits on said shelves.

Also, consider this. Microsoft broke even on production costs. Sometime soon, they can afford a price cut on the cost of the console. That will result in more people purchasing the console for the games it has and the games it will have.

So, right now there are about 10,000,000 360s in houses and about 2,000,000 PS3s. You put a game out on both consoles, and let's just say it's Devil May Cry 4 for the sake of arguing current events. Devil May Cry is a huge franchise and a "system seller".

a) If you were going to purchase a next-gen console based solely on this game, which one would you buy? One of them is going to cost $400 (possibly $300 at the time this comes out) and the other is going to cost $600. But you just want this one game for now. Well, this is pretty obvious. Both consoles are outputting games at just about the same graphical and processing capabilities, so there's absolutely no reason to get a PS3 if you just wanted Devil May Cry.

b) Say 10% of all people who own these two consoles are interested in this game. 10% of Xbox 360 owners purchase the game, so it sells a million copies. That's great! 10% of PS3 owners purchase this game, so it sells 200,000 copies. That sucks! Developers making games for the PS3 have to sell at least 500,000 copies to cut a profit. Guess how many developers have cut a profit producing games for the PS3 so far? If your number can be a divisor in any division problem, you've answered incorrectly.

Put yourself in the developer's shoes. You have a separate branch working on some Wii games, but you want to generate some high-quality graphic-intensive gaming experiences, so you decide to code for one of the two powerhouse consoles.

On the one hand, you have a console that has sold about ten million units and looks to sell more with future releases and price cuts right around the corner. It already has about a dozen solid titles released for it, one of which has already sold over three million copies (EDIT: Four million!). Talk about profits! Not only that, but it'll take less time to develop because it's not very difficult to code games for that console.

On the other hand, you have a console that has sold about two million units and looks to be unattractive among consumers with various reports of units sitting on the shelves across the world. Even in the console's home country, where it's significantly cheaper than it is anywhere else in the world. It has no profiting games yet and is very difficult to program games onto.

Come on now. This isn't hard.

Edit: Just for fun, I discovered that Grand Theft Auto might come to Wii. Apparently Reggie (president of Nintendo of America) has been in discussions with Rockstar to get a Wii game out there.

See, this is what Sony isn't doing. They aren't talking to developers. They aren't helping with Cell coding. As a result, they're losing exclusives.

pps - just to throw this out there, Wii already has four million+ games. Wii Play, Wii Sports, Twilight Princess, and WarioWare have all sold well over a million units (Twilight Princess is the top-selling game at 3 million copies. Sports has 5 million, but that doesn't count outside of Japan) and the console has only been out for 4 months. The DS has 25 titles that have sold over a million units and that has only been out for two years. Nintendogs alone sold 12 million copies! New Super Mario Bros. is next with just shy of 10 million,

As I found out, Resistance: Fall of Man has finally managed to sell over 500,000 copies making it the only profitable game on the PS3. The second most popular game? Virtua Fighter 5. It has 50,000 copies sold. Ouch.

One last thing I found out. Guess what the top five games of the PlayStation 2 were? I'll give you a hint: they only included two franchises, and both of those franchises start with "Gran".

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 14.88
Gran Turismo 3 14.84
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 14.20
Grand Theft Auto 3 11.60
Gran Turismo 4 8.10

Those titles are no longer exclusives. Do you really think Sony can handle this kind of a blow?

ppppps I'm still editing this so take your time replying.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-19-2007 at 11:17 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 AM   #42
Chrissi
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Chrissi

Welllllllllllllllllllll........

I like my DS.

And I like my Wii.

I think the DS wins over all of these. And I know it's a handheld and it's not really competing in the same market, but come on, it's got more power than an n64 and it's tiny and portable. You can basically pretend it's an n64 too, since they keep porting n64 games onto it.....

Well anyway, DS wins, Wii is second. I really like my DS just because it has better games (so far) and it's portable. Once the Wii has some more good games I will probably spend more time on it. So far, on my Wii, I played LoZ:TP and beat it and sold it, so the only game I have left is wii sports. Which is fun, especially when I have friends over.... and my housemates like it. It gets its usage. I think the Wii is worth it JUST for Wii Sports. That game doesn't really get old. And I don't even like sports.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:24 AM   #43
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

When it comes to gaming, I'm on the "omg hardcore rofl" side. I'm still debating if I should get the 360(for tough gaming, and the feeling of reward for doing something hard) or the Wii(for laid back fun). I think I may end up getting both when Halo 3 and SSBB come out for their respective consoles. Input would be helpful, though, because I'm still 50/50 on this.
ToshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #44
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm in with the people who believe the DS will outsell the PS2. So far it's waay ahead of the PS2 in terms of software throughput, hardware sales since launch, etc. And the best part is that it still sells out. And that the reason it's generating so many sales isn't because previous owners are forced to pay for a new one after their old one broke down on them from having a shoddy laser.

But this thread says "console", so...

Tosh, I am thinking the same way you are. The 360 appeals to me more and more every day thanks to Microsoft's perseverance to get great games on their console and not just re-hashes of their previous franchises.

$400 is a lot to me, so I'm holding off until the price drop. But I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with both a 360 and a Wii. The Wii60 combo, if you will.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #45
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

The first next-gen console I got was Wii. I waited outside in the cold for 9 hours for it, and I think it was worth it. After beating zelda and losing initial interest in the games I have (wii sports, wii play, warioware), I bought a 360. I have to say I play my 360 just about everyday, gears and crackdown are great games. I don't even go online, but the arcade games I downloaded initially (geowars and marbleblast), and the two games I own (I actually own Lost Planet too, but I let a friend borrow it) are enough to satisfy my entertainment needs. I've pretty much put my Wii aside until the developers can figure out how to program really well for it. It's the same thing that happened to the DS: there weren't really that many games for it when it launched, then the developers started getting the hang of what you could do with the system, and it took off.

So, when the games start coming out, I'll get my Wii out again.

ALSO: I plan to get a PS3 as well, there's really no reason not to have all three systems in this day and age when money is so easy to get.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:59 AM   #46
סּ_סּ
Banned

Send a message via AIM to סּ_סּ Send a message via MSN to סּ_סּ

Sony has confirmed that they are not going to price drop till 2009 a while ago.

I am glad now that i can safely go wii60 without worrying much about what titles the ps3 have left with the whole last few exclusives stuff.
360 for graphic intensive gaming etc and the Wii for wacky unique gaming.

Buying all three consoles likely shows that you have more money then common sense.

It's obvious The DS wins the handheld wars by masses of amount seeing as it's STILL hard to get one in japan (lots of lining up and stuff) The PSP has a pretty dire outlook seeing as retail have refused to stock it if sony doesn't bring down the price. (obviously not selling)

I'm kinda confused on why Sony isn't even bothering to TRY and keep their little remaining exclusives as they are system sellers

P.S if you look at the devil may cry offical capcom forum it's full of lulz, angry ps3 fanboys trying to petition it to stay exclusive and such.
סּ_סּ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:01 AM   #47
MYZZ
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MYZZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Because you're absolutely certain those games will be coming out on PLAYSTATION 3. Not to mention exclusively, or at all for that matter.

As it turns out, Grand Theft Auto IV is not a Sony franchise anymore. Turns out it's going to be on the 360. So, minus one.

Is there even a God of War III in the works? Have you even played God of War II yet?! And what proof do you have that the studio is looking into the PLAYSTATION 3?

Kingdom Hearts III? Again, are you sure one is coming out? How can you be so certain that it'll be coming out on PLAYSTATION 3 if it does?

As it turns out, the 360 has 1080p and an HD movie format if you're so inclined to see thirty more irrelevant pixels. The 360 has the best online service around, even if it costs money. The 360 will be getting most, if not all, of the high-def franchises that are coming out this year.

I'm not mentioning Wii because you can't port a game to Wii that easily. Developers have to make a decision between PLAYSTATION 3 and XBOX 360 / Wii. A game for PS3 / 360 can be ported back and forth between them, but a game for Wii is fairly exclusive.

Oh, and you're basing the purchase of a $600 system on two confirmed titles and four unconfirmed titles, for a total of six games. Remind me again the reason why you've chosen to support this product?

Just as a reference, the day the Wii's lineup was officially announced at E3 2006, I was already interested in a dozen games. I am now interested in about twenty games. I won't be getting them all, but I show interest in that many games. They're all 2007 releases, too.
First off in my original post I never said anything about exclusives .. so I really dont care if XBOX360 gets GTA4 also .. i would just prefer to play it on PS3

I have not played God of War 2 yet but gee, I wonder what makes me think there will be a third GoW for PS3? http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=3455
Try using google and you will find alot more proof that hints at the third GoW for ps3. O and if it comes out for any other system with PS3 .. i dont care

Kingdom Hearts 3 is a rumor .. but just google it and you will see why i named it to come out .. http://www.kingdomhearts3.net/kingdom-hearts-3/

Graphics for the XBOX360 are nice also .. but I prefer PS3. PS3 online service is free and plus with the addition of HOME it will be a better online service (my opinion) ..

As for Wii its a nice system and i play it at my friend's house when i visit .. but i prefer to own a ps3 rather then a wii .. same with xbox360

as for $600 dollars .. i have that money to spend .. do you? i work and saved up money before-hand just to get a ps3 .. again the games i enjoy the most to own on ps3 are GTA4 / Metal Gear Solid 4 / Tekken 6 / FFXIII / GoW 3 .. as for KH3 i will have to wait until it is officially confirmed to come out

Also good for you if you like the Wii .. but dont make it seem like i hate other systems / games just because i prefer a ps3 .. honestly i would love to have HALO 3 and Zelda Twilight Princess for my ps3 .. but the PS3's features and games weigh in more to my liking then any other system / game.
MYZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #48
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by ?_? View Post
Buying all three consoles likely shows that you have more money then common sense.
More money than you, maybe, but not more money than common sense.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #49
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

I want to say Wii. I'd love to say Wii. Although I look at the 360 and Nintendo have got there work cut out for them. Don't get me wrong, I don't wish I had a 360 instead or anything like that. I'm just saying the Xbox shouldn't be ignored and at the time it's quite a predictable outlook for the future right now. If Summer goes as well as I hope it does for the Wii though, hoo boy. Look out. If anything the Wii will be a very close second. I'm not even going to look in the PS3's direction at this time.

However. I think the DS will still dominate the handheld scene.

Last edited by SethSquall; 03-20-2007 at 11:26 AM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #50
BigErnDawg
FFR Player

definitely, the PSP is also a failure. Almost all of Sony's hardware sector is sapped too so, if you hear hopeless fanboys trying to come at you with "OMG, PS4 WILL SAVE TEH DAY" laugh in their faces, because the sony rep at EGM said that the ps4 will be out in 2018. just a hint of information. yes, sony has failed, because they dont know where their target audience is anymore
BigErnDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #51
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Wow, I love how I didn't even want to touch this thread but now Mr. Face wants to drag me into it.

Okay, DMC4 is no longer exclusive. This affects me how? It's all about money people. Capcom knows that by releasing it onto multi-platforms, they make more money in the long run than just on one exclusive console. Resident Evil 4 anyone?

Also, IMO it's going to be either:

1. PS3
2. Wii
3. Xbox 360

or

1. Wii
2. PS3
3. Xbox 360

Now let me explain before Squeek's diarrhea of the mouth begins. While everyone keeps saying that the Wii will get better with age, that's no a true statement. Yes, it's fun to be able to be involved in games using hand gestures but how long can Nintendo keep it up before they run out of ideas for games? For all you know, we'll be seeing Farmer Adventure and House Scrubber. The Wii is a gimmick. An EXTREMELY SUCCESSFUL gimmick, but one nonetheless. Hell, the SIXAXIS is a gimmick. Anything that involves motion-sensoring is a gimmick, but I digress.

The PS3 will either be in first or second but I'm mostly going towards the latter. Sony ****ed up. Okay. Some people (Squeek, C@z, Fallen, etc.) seem to not want to let this go and continue to jump around gleefully at a failure of Sony. Let's not forget the POWER GLOVE or the ACTION PAD or the SUPER SCOPE or the VIRTUAL BOY, ESPECIALLY THE VIRTUAL BOY, because you know, all of those peripherals which were trying to do exactly what the Wii actually succeeds in is getting into the game. All Sony can do now is try to pick up the broken pieces and move on while providing reasons to want to buy the PS3.

Squeek - "But, there aren't any reasons to buy the PS3, Chromer."

I knew you would say that Pseudo-Squeek, and I whole-heartedly agree. Sony has not shown me any reason to want to buy one YET. So Sony lost their exclusive titles. It's called Originality. Maybe you guys have heard of it. Nintendo knows about it and Microsoft kinda fails at it. However, Sony knows the raw power that the PS3 holds and with that, it gives them the opportunity to create games that were never thought possible.

To end this, most of this thread is just one giant Nintendo ****-suck-a-thon. Now I can't really talk because I'm getting a Wii as well but only for SSBB. There are no other games that interest me on the Wii and I seriously mean that. Also about games being to hard or Sony to make Squeek:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/category/cell/

Take it how you want it. =P

EDIT: Link is broken for some reason. >_>

Last edited by Chromer; 03-20-2007 at 04:46 PM..
Chromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #52
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Plain and simple, I don't have $600 lying around to drop on "potential". My tuition each semester is well over $2,000 and I couldn't even afford a dorm if I wanted one. I work during school and barely make enough to pay tuition, books, food, etc.

If Sony shows me that their console can release five exclusive games I'm interested in before Microsoft can release five exclusive games I'm interested in and they get my purchase after a price decrease to under $300.

Right now the score is 3-0 in favor of Microsoft. This can change based on exclusivity in the future, but who knows what they'll do.

I don't hate Sony, I just hate Sony fanboys who try to hock the PS3 as the successor to the PlayStation 2. It's not, and odds are good that it will never be.

The PlayStation 2 launched in Japan with ~700,000 units. Every week after launch, another 100,000 were sold. Until about six months in, that was the trend. Six months later, sales were down to about 60,000 a week until about two years in, where that dropped to 30,000. This pattern remains to this day with the PS2 selling about 25,000 units every week in Japan.

The PLAYSTATION 3 has yet to go a single week selling over 100,000 units with its launch numbers the best it has ever seen at 87,500. It is now averaging 30,000 a week. Which is what the PS2 was selling after dropping 15,000,000 consoles on the Japanese public.

The PS3 is not (necessarily) the successor to the PS2. The successor will be the console that can pull in the third parties and create the largest library of solid games.

I have cast my vote on the console I believe to be the successor to the PS2. In my eyes, the game goes: Least expensive product, second-least expensive product, most expensive product from now until the end of this generation of games.

Last thing to Chromer: How exactly is the well going to run dry? And why exactly do you think Nintendo is the only company that makes games for Wii?

See that little plug on the bottom of the Wii Remote? That right there is "infinite possibility" at work. The Wii Remote itself is pretty hard to wear out. And I suggest you take a look at the games on the market and identify how many are first-party titles and how many are third-party titles.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-20-2007 at 05:19 PM..
Old 03-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #53
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

Chromer. Shut up mate, you pointed at a few people and gone "lol Nintendo fan boy" for as long as I can remember, while you stand by and bum your USB ports to PS3 pictures. Yes, people will come in here and argue with you, that doesn't make your prediction clever, it just means you understand that your starting a debate, a debate you've lost at over and over, as at the end of the day your arguments are getting less and less debatable and more just plain insults. The power glove and all that Jive came out at an era of gaming where a lot of games that are out today seemed the stuff of dreams. You cannot compare those failures to something like the PS3. There is difference in so many levels that I think you know how retarded that argument is yourself. Reasons to buy a PS3 are essential at the launch of the console. It's been launched. I have no reason to buy it yet.

Don't get me wrong, I value you opinion more than a lot of people on here. It's just the insults to us Nintendoids.

Last edited by SethSquall; 03-20-2007 at 05:25 PM..
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #54
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

PS - MYZZ, maybe you don't care about exclusives, but think about the people who want these games and don't have any consoles. Both consoles play about the same, but one is $200 cheaper. Hmm. This is a tough decision.

This is like deciding between Widescreen and Fullscreen. Hmm, do I want to cut off a ton of the picture or do I want to see what the Director intended for me to watch?

In case you didn't know, Fullscreen movies crop the sides of the image using a process known as pan-and-scan. It's a degradation of the original and really, really sucks. They only used it because VHS tapes couldn't handle Widescreen.

pps http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/...ps3-woes_N.htm
Old 03-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #55
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
Chromer. Shut up mate, you pointed at a few people and gone "lol Nintendo fan boy" for as long as I can remember, while you stand by and bum your USB ports to PS3 pictures. Yes, people will come in here and argue with you, that doesn't make your prediction clever, it just means you understand that your starting a debate, a debate you've lost at over and over, as at the end of the day your arguments are getting less and less debatable and more just plain insults. The power glove and all that Jive came out at an era of gaming where a lot of games that are out today seemed the stuff of dreams. You cannot compare those failures to something like the PS3. There is difference in so many levels that I think you know how retarded that argument is yourself. Reasons to buy a PS3 are essential at the launch of the console. It's been launched. I have no reason to buy it yet.

Don't get me wrong, I value you opinion more than a lot of people on here. It's just the insults to us Nintendoids.

So you are saying that because Sony made a mistake, we should forever hate Sony and just buy Nintendo products because they managed to do something right for once since the N64?

EDIT: I cast my vote as Other because right now, it's really too early to determine anything from any consoles except the 360.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #56
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Chromer, nothing in your posts gives any evidence for why the PS3 should come out on top of the 360 (or Wii).

Drastically lower numbers, lower exclusives, higher prices, and other things are all going to keep it from being on top. Yes, Sony screwed up, but what makes you think they can and will recover?

As for the Wii being a gimmick, well, it's a gimmick that works. Their games are gimmicks that work. Being gimmicky sells consoles. Why you think the Wii will peter out as time goes on is beyond me, what with how incredibly well the Gamecube did as it went on, pumping out still more incredible first party titles.

P.S. I'm a proud owner of "Farmer Adventures", a.k.a. Harvest Moon for the Gamecube (got the PS2 one, but immediately returned it due to how much ****tier it was).

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:50 PM   #57
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter View Post
Chromer, nothing in your posts gives any evidence for why the PS3 should come out on top of the 360 (or Wii).

Drastically lower numbers, lower exclusives, higher prices, and other things are all going to keep it from being on top. Yes, Sony screwed up, but what makes you think they can and will recover?

As for the Wii being a gimmick, well, it's a gimmick that works. Their games are gimmicks that work. Being gimmicky sells consoles. Why you think the Wii will peter out as time goes on is beyond me, what with how incredibly well the Gamecube did as it went on, pumping out still more incredible first party titles.

P.S. I'm a proud owner of "Farmer Adventures", a.k.a. Harvest Moon for the Gamecube (got the PS2 one, but immediately returned it due to how much ****tier it was).

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com
Squeek said something about the little port of "limitless possibilities." Yeah, good luck having to shell out the money for a seperate controller as well as controllers bundled with games. I'll stick with my GC controller thank you very much.

Also, I love how you guys doom the PS3 and it's only been out 4 months. Yes, the Wii did well in 4 months but a console is not judged on it's launch games alone. Look at the PS2. Had some of the ****tiest launch titles ever released and look where it is at now. All I'm saying is, is that all this "PS3 is the ultimate fail of the universe" bull**** would be feasible if it was like October or November 2007. It's not. It's March 2007, meaning that it's the start of a new fiscal year, and a chance at redemption for Sony.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:09 PM   #58
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

My point exactly.

The PS2 had a crummy launch and yet it STILL SOLD BETTER THAN PS3.

Oh no, games that comes with controllers? Because we all know those sell like crap.

(Note: Guitar Hero I and II combined sold over 4.5 million copies and is coming out on Wii and 360).

When I wrote about the plug, I forgot to mention that the entire console is bluetooth-enabled, so there's the possibility of ignoring the Wii Remote all together and still utilizing motion-sensing.

Welcome to the video game market of the 21st century. Gamers want things to be good and they want them now. No, not tomorrow. NOW. It shouldn't surprise you that a poor launch in the year 2006 differs from a poor launch in the year 2000. Especially when there are other factors at play. Price, availability, competition, etc.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #59
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
My point exactly.

The PS2 had a crummy launch and yet it STILL SOLD BETTER THAN PS3.

Oh no, games that comes with controllers? Because we all know those sell like crap.

(Note: Guitar Hero I and II combined sold over 4.5 million copies and is coming out on Wii and 360).

When I wrote about the plug, I forgot to mention that the entire console is bluetooth-enabled, so there's the possibility of ignoring the Wii Remote all together and still utilizing motion-sensing.

Welcome to the video game market of the 21st century. Gamers want things to be good and they want them now. No, not tomorrow. NOW. It shouldn't surprise you that a poor launch in the year 2006 differs from a poor launch in the year 2000. Especially when there are other factors at play. Price, availability, competition, etc.
Yes, but Guitar Hero II now goes for $80 per bundle. And where did you hear GHII was coming out for Wii? 360 yes, Wii no.

Blue-tooth? So is the PS3 and the SIXAXIS. So what? IMO, I think Sony built the PS3 for the long run. Long after Microsoft and Nintendo will be coming up with concepts for the next consoles, PS3 will still be there. All signs point to it in any case. =P
Old 03-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #60
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

http://kotaku.com/gaming/guitar-hero...ero-234865.php

DS doesn't work as it's a single-input touchscreen and would totally suck with Guitar Hero. What other Nintendo console is there now that the Gamecube is dead?

Oh, right. Wii.

PS - The longevity of it isn't necessarily a good thing. If they don't release a new console when the other two do, they'll lag behind.

You might say the PS2 isn't lagging behind, but again, the PS3 and the PS2 are totally different.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-20-2007 at 08:31 PM..