Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-2-2011, 03:57 AM   #61
LJRoX
Banned

Default Re: Super Meat Boy

I have this game for the 360.. Just got it yesterday and that glitched level on World 1 pisses me off the most as I only need about one more A+ to go and 2 more bandages I believe :/
LJRoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2011, 05:08 AM   #62
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to sp1nzoK

Quote:
Originally Posted by arelik View Post
You can add me on steam "Iamaheron". Except for the first chapter, all of my speedruns are with meat boy because I don't feel like playing this game anymore after getting 100%. However, I believe I got some decent times, especially in cotton alley. Don't expect me to improve my scores though. I really dislike using other characters, and dislike that they count for highscores. And the 20 glitch/hacked scores for every level.

Edit: Yeah the only chapters I bothered speedrunning are 1 and 7 and a few other levels. In cotton alley all of my scores were top 100 too, 5 days ago. One or two in top 20, including glitch/hack scores. But now there's much more of these impossible scores and it's a big turnoff.
Thanks for the add dude, yeah I hope they eventually remove illegitimate scores and sucks that there ain't boards for invidual characters on top of the global & friendlist boards.

Anyhow, you had some nice times in ch7 light, a couple of levels I hate so didn't touch those yet but tied or beat most I think. This one was cool:

sp1nzoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2011, 09:29 AM   #63
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1nzoK View Post
@Reach: Here's quite possibly the solution to your problem: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1690546

@anyone into speedrunning, add me on steam if you want to compare scores in the friends leaderboards, sending "random" invites myself just gets me ignored sometimes *cough Reach cough*

And yeah "the guy" zone took me under an hour aswell, the second level descending narrow spike corridor was annoying, if you go too fast *splat* if you hesitate *splat*, but the whole thing got rather easy when you got into the groove of the spikedodging.
Thanks for the fix. I'll try to beat him later. It was...very frustrating trying to beat him last night >_> (Go figure, I preferred playing The Guy to that level after continuously dying at the end XD)

I added you; did you send me a request before? I haven't ignored any requests, so I'm not sure what happened there.

edit: This solution doesn't work. wtf? Is there anything else I can try? lmao

Also, it's sad but they really do need different time trial lists for different characters.

I went back through world 1, since you beat most of my times, and beat a bunch of yours using mostly Naija. Naija is just quite a bit faster than meat boy on several types of terrain (on some types it's better to use meat boy though). Occasionally it's fastest to use Guy because of his double jump (and he's faster than Ogmo).

I don't even have all of the characters unlocked yet, so there might even be faster characters =/

Last edited by Reach; 01-2-2011 at 03:07 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2011, 04:55 AM   #64
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

-Got all bandages (100) unlocking Steve.
-Beat the last glitch world I had left, which was -5.
-Beat and A+'d all of the remaining levels.

Hello 106% total progress and 150 global rank

Now all I can do is iron man achievements or speedrunning until level editor is released.
Old 01-5-2011, 07:14 AM   #65
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Still can't beat the last boss. Still glitched. As such I've given up on this game for the time being. I've speed ran a lot of the levels into the third world though, especially ones where my time is faster using naija or the guy. Have hit near fastest time in the world on a couple of levels (one of the fastest times among those that aren't 0 or unusually low).

The Guy is completely overrated because there are a bunch of dark world levels I still can't beat despite significant time spent on attempts. There's a warp zone I can't beat too >_> Most of them in ch. 4 are projectile levels, which irritate the hell out of me. Other than the regular missiles, I'm terrible at dodging projectiles. I'm pretty sure I could beat most of them in ch. 5 but a couple of them are really annoying.

The negative levels are pretty easy too. I've beaten them all. Honestly, 2, 4 and 5 are especially easy for those that are intimidated by them. 1 is maybe a bit harder because there's a tricky spot, and 3 is probably the hardest (because of falling through the spikes).

Last edited by Reach; 01-5-2011 at 07:19 AM..
Old 01-5-2011, 07:42 AM   #66
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yeah shame about the glitch in your game. Some guy used godmode cause Dr. Fetus was being so slow that the saws came before he did. But since your problem is that he doesn't fall into the pit at all, I'm not sure if godmode trainer would do anything. Possible fixes (you have tried one if not all, but just listing them anyway):
-Super Meat Boy launch options -lowdetail (or manually setting low resolution etc.).
-VSync on (if it's forced off by something global then it will screw you up).
-Monitor refresh rate 60hz for Super Meat Boy (if it's forced to something else by global it will screw you up).
-Forced windows xp sp3 compatibility in Super Meat Boy.exe properties.
-Try the aforementioned things in both windowed and full-screen.

Beyond that only Team Meat would know and I guess they are only reachable in twitter.com/supermeatboy since I mailed them with something and no reply so far and on twitter they seem to answer some people.

--

I started using different characters for better times now - did ch1 light so far. Naija is disgustingly sick and "easy to spam" fast times.

Glitch worlds are easy, I think I'd rate them from hardest to easiest: -5, -3, -1, -4, -2, -6.

Last edited by sp1nzoK; 01-5-2011 at 07:49 AM..
Old 01-5-2011, 07:47 AM   #67
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This game is glitchy as fuc
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2011, 08:56 PM   #68
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1nzoK View Post
Yeah shame about the glitch in your game. Some guy used godmode cause Dr. Fetus was being so slow that the saws came before he did. But since your problem is that he doesn't fall into the pit at all, I'm not sure if godmode trainer would do anything. Possible fixes (you have tried one if not all, but just listing them anyway):
-Super Meat Boy launch options -lowdetail (or manually setting low resolution etc.).
-VSync on (if it's forced off by something global then it will screw you up).
-Monitor refresh rate 60hz for Super Meat Boy (if it's forced to something else by global it will screw you up).
-Forced windows xp sp3 compatibility in Super Meat Boy.exe properties.
-Try the aforementioned things in both windowed and full-screen.

Beyond that only Team Meat would know and I guess they are only reachable in twitter.com/supermeatboy since I mailed them with something and no reply so far and on twitter they seem to answer some people.

--

I started using different characters for better times now - did ch1 light so far. Naija is disgustingly sick and "easy to spam" fast times.

Glitch worlds are easy, I think I'd rate them from hardest to easiest: -5, -3, -1, -4, -2, -6.
Thanks for possible fixes. Will give them a shot.

Naija is sick. I'll have to go back and take a look at your times, but yeah, on a lot of levels the boost can be abused for sick times. However, as far as I can tell, The Guy is faster on a couple of levels, and starman can be abused on a select few too.

As for glitch worlds, haven't played 6, but agreed other than I'd move 5 to the other end >_> I actually beat it first try, but I'm guessing that was a fluke if you had that much trouble with it. But, if you wall jump back and forth between walls timed properly the missiles miss you every time, so I guess I got lucky.

Rubix; have you encountered glitches other than the final boss?

I know times glitch sometimes, but I haven't experienced this.
Old 01-5-2011, 09:07 PM   #69
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I haven't had much chance to play -- although I did experience a glitch on an early level that allowed me to get a retardedly good time (forget which level)
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2011, 12:11 AM   #70
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

So I beat the game.

None of those bug fixes worked.

However...! Ultimate fix to this problem -> Jump over the saw blades. This allowed me to beat Dr. Fetus to the final room...and then beating him was an absolute joke. Gosh that was easy...it really pisses me off that it was glitched like that.

Anyway, all done. Need to finish the dark world though, collect bandages (80/100 so far), and...do Cotton Alley
Old 01-6-2011, 05:54 AM   #71
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Interesting, my nephew used that tactic but don't think he had any glitch involved, though I think it's not doable in dark world version of the boss, but the boss might work normally for some reason - who knows. Congrats anyhow

Couple annoying glitches:
-Naija can sometimes fly through walls (none of my times include this glitch).
-Sometimes a new record time doesn't upload to leaderboards and I'm not sure what triggers it to upload but it later usually does, especially if you continue playing the level, but sometimes it uploads as though meat boy was the played character - I think Reach has this bug on 1-3 atleast, I managed to get rid of that with better times later. Very annoying.
Old 01-6-2011, 09:33 AM   #72
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Oh god, there's a glitched boss in the dark world too?

I'm not going to bother finishing the last level of dark world ch. 6 then, at least not until I'm done with other stuff.

PS: The iron man achievements - does anyone actually have all of these? lmao. How on earth could anyone do cotton alley? It was hard enough doing world 1 dark without dying.

I'm going to assume this is in fact, completely impossible. However, maybe it could be using a character I don't have unlocked yet?

Edit: There's a video of someone doing it on youtube.

It doesn't show the achievement being unlocked though, so it's probably edited.

edit 2: What's with the thing that occasionally pops up, with a picture of super meat boy looking like a pirate, saying something like, see you at 100 meat? XD

Last edited by Reach; 01-6-2011 at 09:52 AM..
Old 01-6-2011, 10:36 AM   #73
sp1nzoK
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I mean if the ch6 dark boss is glitched I don't think the sawblade trick is doable there.

I'm skeptical about someone having done legit Impossible Boy, but it's possible, though just painstaking to even attempt. I have Brimstone boy up next or Bloodclot Boy.

I think the Meat Boy looking like pirate window that happens very rarely is an easter egg. I had it once only and it just appeared after I did some speedrun in ch3 light. It said "Look to La Luna" and played Protoman whistle theme
Old 01-8-2011, 09:53 PM   #74
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

Anyone who has Super Meat Boy and Steam, plz add me so me/my brother can compare times with you

Patashu on Steam
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:22 AM   #75
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

100%'d chapter 1,2,3 with 2956 deaths..

Finished chapter 4 light world (50%) with 3343 deaths

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 01-10-2011 at 02:52 AM..
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:48 AM   #76
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

thanks sp1nzok and iamaheron for giving me and my brother motivation to speedrun everything + good ideas as to what time is achievable
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #77
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
100%'d chapter 1,2,3 with 2956 deaths..

Finished chapter 4 light world (50%) with 3343 deaths
I still can't 100% chapter 3 o_O The bandage in dark 19 is ...impossible. I can't stand that level. The missiles are too close range. I can't reliably dodge them.

With that said, 97% on ch. 4, 85% on ch. 5, and about 90% on ch. 7 I think.

Ch5 I'm missing the skyscraper warp zone (Could definitely beat this, it's just irritating because of the lives), 8 bandages and a couple of dark levels, which are easily as hard as some of the levels in ch. 7. I can't stand projectile levels full of missiles, so those are pretty much the only levels I'm missing because I refuse to play them. Ch. 7 light is finished, just missing a couple dark levels.

Ch. 6 is done except the final dark boss, which is glitched. Add in the fact that the level lags, meaning I'll never bother playing it, so it looks like I won't be beating this game any time soon. Sad, really.

Anyway, in total this leaves me at 99% completion. Not sure how that math works out. Must be the negative levels. I could probably beat the last negative level and leave myself at 100% and just call it a day :P

Will come back to play when the level editor comes out though.

Last edited by Reach; 01-10-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 01:01 AM   #78
leonid
I am leonid

This is getting ridiculously hard..

100%'d chapter 1,2,3, and 4, including glitch levels.. 4539 deaths

EDIT: Unlocked The Kid.... 4986 deaths lmfao
EDIT2: A+'d all light levels in ch 5 and got 7 bandages. 5377 deaths
EDIT3: Fucking finally finished SkysCRAPer (w/ 2 bandages) 5485 deaths
EDIT4: Got all bandages incl. warp zones for ch 5 light levels.. 5559 deaths

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 01-11-2011 at 05:36 AM..
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #79
leonid
I am leonid

100%'d chapter 1~5 incl. glitch levels
unlocked all characters

6928 deaths

EDIT: 100%'d ch 6 and finished -6.. 7596 deaths

EDIT2: A+'d all light levels on The Cotton Alley

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 01-12-2011 at 03:07 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 07:01 AM   #80
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Nicely done dude. That's damn impressive; still stuck at 99% myself, though I haven't had much of a chance to play it (and it my defense, the final boss is still glitched, so it's more like 100% 8) ).