Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #1901
MeaCulpa
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MeaCulpa
Default Re: FFR Quidditch Tournament

In previous rounds, u84 was inactive for a few days, but came back a few hours before the Seeker song was released. I didn't want to ask for a sub before last night because I figured he might have come online, as he's done before.

Anyway, gg everyone, and thanks again to the three hosts for one of the most unique tournaments I've seen. All that planning and updating and such was well worth it, as the 1900 posts in this thread prove.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 PM   #1902
AK_Parker
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to AK_Parker Send a message via MSN to AK_Parker Send a message via Skype™ to AK_Parker

Yeah...it was a good tourney, but the bs call at the end ruined it a bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugglinguy View Post
Rofl. I wish my name was $
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
FFR helps you develop an extremely sharp sense of pattern recognition and rapid indentification of object movement.

This means when you go to Iraq as a soldier, your mind will be prepped to quickly identify and locate enemy targets.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:56 PM   #1903
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruferddude View Post
And to Hufflepuff: Please quit complaining. It is just making us look bad. We should be happy since we got to the finals. There is nothing wrong with second place.
We have a right to complain when bs like what happened here came into play in the tournament. If you don't agree and have no counter-arguments besides the, "stop complaining blah blah blah", then I suggest you just be quiet.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM   #1904
ShadowSwordsman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hey HufflePuff, did you guys realize that just about everything that has come up in this tournament you've all b*tched and moaned over? Yeah. It's annoying as hell.

As for the subbing in the final rounds, what the hell did you expect us to do? u84 went AWOL with account issues, (etc, etc) and left no sign of his return for the finals. I realize that you all want to complain that the sub was a beast at FFR, but even if we had picked someone who was terrible they could have just submitted something for points. At the rate things were going, Slytherin would have still won by quite a margin. If you completely disregarded the Seekers, the way the round was going was quite clear. With three Chaser AAA's, a keeper AAA, etc. the points that Slytherin had were getting near perfect. HufflePuff on the other hand... yeah, no. There was no indication that the score difference would change drastically, so seriously... stop making mountains out of molehills. Take a note out of ruferddude's book and just get over it.

AAA's: 81ish
Most Recent: Prototypical
Method of Play: Spread
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPYRYMYNT View Post
Yeah, **** you Silvuh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvuh View Post
I wouldn't dare give you the satisfaction.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #1905
AK_Parker
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to AK_Parker Send a message via MSN to AK_Parker Send a message via Skype™ to AK_Parker

Actually, hoochan was going to submit, same with others, and u84, I saw him on and you got a sub? LOL, nice try shadowswordsman, but we got cheated =)

Quote:
Rofl. I wish my name was $
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
FFR helps you develop an extremely sharp sense of pattern recognition and rapid indentification of object movement.

This means when you go to Iraq as a soldier, your mind will be prepped to quickly identify and locate enemy targets.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #1906
ShadowSwordsman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Parker View Post
Actually, hoochan was going to submit, same with others, and u84, I saw him on and you got a sub? LOL, nice try shadowswordsman, but we got cheated =)
Go to his profile. It clearly shows the latest activity for u84 was August 21st (8/21/07). That was a week ago. You saw him on? Yeah. Sure. Stop making excuses and whining about bing "cheated." Even with those other submissions you would have been behind. I don't remember who did it, but somebody calculated the scores of if every non-submitter on your team got an AAA (which is rather unlikely based on previous round scores) and there would be over 40 points of a gap still, and that is the BEST case scenario.

AAA's: 81ish
Most Recent: Prototypical
Method of Play: Spread
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPYRYMYNT View Post
Yeah, **** you Silvuh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvuh View Post
I wouldn't dare give you the satisfaction.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #1907
zim311
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zim311 Send a message via Yahoo to zim311 Send a message via Skype™ to zim311

*yawns* whatever. you're just determined to be...i cant even think of a word for this...

P.S. This Siggy will self-destruct in 10 seconds.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
*Random fireworks*
Old 08-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #1908
ruferddude
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoochan View Post
We have a right to complain when bs like what happened here came into play in the tournament. If you don't agree and have no counter-arguments besides the, "stop complaining blah blah blah", then I suggest you just be quiet.
First, what BS happened? If jwcgator went missing for a couple of days (not saying he would but just for an example), then you're are saying that you wouldn't get a substitute?

Second, I do have a counter arguement. My counter arguement is: THERE WAS NO BS! Someone was gone for a couple days, he got subbed, we lost big deal. Let's just say that there was no "BS" happening. We would have lost. Milkchan already explained it but you were probably to busy b*tching to read his post. We were down like 120 points BEFORE danceguy117 submitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSwordsman View Post
Hey HufflePuff, did you guys realize that just about everything that has come up in this tournament you've all b*tched and moaned over? Yeah. It's annoying as hell. get over it.
You know it's getting pretty bad when your own teammate is annoyed by it. XD Sorry if you guys disagree with my point of view, but this is the way I see it. Sorry for disagreeing with your opinion, I'm just trying to keep the negativity to a low because, guess what guys:
It's is a game. You can't win every game you play. Take the losses when they come. You can't be perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
all the cool kids use 1x.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #1909
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak

Quote:
Dronak, your score was going to be used to replace jellygod's, but he returned so i let him take his place back. Thanks for submitting for substitution though!
It looks like he did better than I did anyway, so it's probably better for the team that you let his score count instead of mine. It was easy enough to play the song a few times, and I got a new personal best out of it, so I still got something out of it.

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95
Old 08-28-2007, 07:27 PM   #1910
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

My beef isn't really the fact that they sub'd but the fact that they instantly went for the AAA machine instead of the designated seeker sub.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #1911
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSwordsman View Post
stuff
we havent bitched at all until now, dumb****

again, you couldve switched him out earlier, but you chose to wait until the finals. i ask why?

we have discussed this and your statistics are only valid if you were saying that NO ONE on our team could improve which is not true in the least sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruferddude View Post
more stuff
did you not read my last argument at all? i explained what would happen if jwc left

once again, they couldve switched him out rounds ago WHEN HE WASNT THERE TO SUBMIT. KEYWORD-ROUNDS AGO

we were down by a lot, yes, but also, a couple key people were not there to submit ANYTHING at all so we coulve easily gained points from that. also, from the looks of it, it seemed as though a lot of people did not give their best effort

negativity is part of life, "deal with it" as you would say

once again, i would not have bitched if a last minute subbing did not take place, which, imo, is complete bs

it's like some major football team paying loads of money (in this case it was free) for a last minute trade right before the superbowl and getting some even greater players

would you not agree that that is bs? (if i recall correctly, i think that theres a trade cut off after a certain date, tell me if im wrong though)
Old 08-28-2007, 07:28 PM   #1912
hoochan
woah shrooms
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgator View Post
My beef isn't really the fact that they sub'd but the fact that they instantly went for the AAA machine instead of the designated seeker sub.
manti?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:37 PM   #1913
DrawingJunkie
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DrawingJunkie

Wait.

WAIT.

It's over? I missed everything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulofcerberus View Post
Drawing! I'm all UP for e-sex! I'm SURE it'll make you feel better!
Old 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM   #1914
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

ya pretty much.

Sorry for going to someone who's active as a sub huffle, from now on I'll pick inactive subs so you guys can have a slight chance of winning!(if even that)

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:55 PM   #1915
jwcgator
RIP ffrtokens
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jwcgator

Manti isn't inactive, and thanks for telling the future ur real good at that
Old 08-28-2007, 08:00 PM   #1916
zim311
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to zim311 Send a message via Yahoo to zim311 Send a message via Skype™ to zim311

ugh. who wants to join my tourney if i put one up, cause im thinking about it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
*Random fireworks*
Old 08-28-2007, 08:06 PM   #1917
ruferddude
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwcgator View Post
Yeah, I can see your point but I'm pretty sure manti would have most likely got the AAA. Not sure though but I think he is capable of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by all hoochan
we havent bitched at all until now, dumb****
Previous round:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hufflepuff players
WTF!!!!! What do you mean Slytherin got the bye?!?!? I feel cheated!
I rest my case. Even I complained a little until shadowswordsman informed me that they had the highest score for two out of the three rounds. They deserved the bye.

Quote:
we have discussed this and your statistics are only valid if you were saying that NO ONE on our team could improve which is not true in the least sense
We could have improved, yes. But not by 120 points. Maybe like 50 absolute tops. Also milkchan's senario did involve three (if not all) of our chasers AAAing and drawingjunkie getting the lowest score for his category. He made it out so that we would have the best possible senario. We still would have lost

Quote:
negativity is part of life, "deal with it" as you would say
I understand that negativity is natural. But the only negative stuff I see is the fact that people won't take a loss. They just keep looking for excuses like: "BS" or "I got cheated". If they would have accepted the loss then there would be no negativity. Be mad that you lost for a while, but then you should accept it move on. Sorry that this whole event got blown out of proportion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
all the cool kids use 1x.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #1918
zim311
FFR Player

you're the one looking for excuses. i just dont get why the hell you're so particular on making people "Deal with it". i will not, by hell, "Deal with it". end of story.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
*Random fireworks*
Old 08-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #1919
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim311 View Post
you're the one looking for excuses. i just dont get why the hell you're so particular on making people "Deal with it". i will not, by hell, "Deal with it". end of story.
Way to show you're immaturity! I'm 13 and you don't see me cryin over everytime i lose in a tourney.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM   #1920
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ~HentaiXXX~

Lawl, Ravenclaw lost, yet I don't really care, we had a good run and tried our hardest, that's all that I care about. ¯\(◕_◕)/¯
Closed Thread