Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
angelheadedhpst
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Default Whoa, it's been a while since I've been here... oh, right. Here's a pad pack!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9axi353ng...agonPhiles.zip

Good to see there's plenty of activity still going around here. Looks like I've been out of the loop.

Anyway, with Bemanistyle and FFR alike having their simfile database's scrapped (uh, there is none on here now, right? o.o') I've uploaded all of my older songs (that I consider worth re-uploading) onto Dropbox and put them into a single pack. Well, a few of them are newer but for the most part they're older charts that I think have stood the test of time.

Anyway... some stuff is new. I gave everything graphics (mostly from my anime and touhou wallpaper folders, lol), re-synced them, fixed some patterns to get rid of unintended double steps and re-rated them for pad use. Oh, right. This is a pad pack.

Some of the charts are meant more for keyboard-use. For example, Expert charts for Chaos Theory, Flim and Queen of the Dark Horizons. The PATTERNS are paddable, as they don't have doublesteps, but the excess tell jumps and crossovers aren't really feasible for pad use. Didn't stop me from giving them pad-oriented difficulty ratings, though. :3

So here's the songlist:

There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Last edited by angelheadedhpst; 03-29-2013 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Said "crossovers" when I meant "double steps"
angelheadedhpst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-8-2013, 08:01 AM   #2
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus
Default Re: Whoa, it's been a while since I've been here... oh, right. Here's a pad pack!

No one commented on this yet?

i started playing it today, here's my reviews:

Adored: the footswitches sections feel really good, but in the first part of the file you could use some jumps in the section with the triplet and two 8ths inbetween. also, you put in a couple occasions a jump at the end of the stream which will feel reaaaally awkward to hit, i suggest removing these. Lastly, you could accent more some higher pitched synth notes with some minifreezes or minirolls inside the streams. Improvable but decent 6,5/10 (9/10 if fixed)

Akibahara nerd rule: this one feels way too long, repetitive and not really fun to play. careful cause some of the transitions from a jump to the next step are a bit forced. could use some improvements and in some places it could follow the rhythm more accurately. especially the two long freezes which repeat a lot over the file could be changed to rolls(at least one of them), so you can continue to follow the beat, it feels empty stop there, your feet shouldn't stop. 4/10 (7/10 if fixed and cut to max 2 minutes)

All the children are dead: I don't know if this is a 16 or not cause if by half of the song nothing has happened yet, i doubt anyone could find this even remotely fun. Lots of empty spaces and these jumps inside streams are not things you should do on pad file. Stepping this song specifically was a mistake imo 2/10

Angelic Layer: the song itself is quite sloppy but again here i see freeform streams which do not really account for the sounds they are following, freeze usage is pretty bad when it goes to the guitar-like sound in the second half, and the first slowdown is absolutely out of place considering the song sounds exactly the same (second slowdown is alright though, cause the music actually stops). 4/10

Bad Apple!!: Be careful of resteps! there's already good stepcharts for this song around. Steps are alright but again, there wasn't any need to make this file. NA/10

Bbblow: None of the steps make any sense to the music, lots of missed notes, sorry, no. 2/10

Chaos Theory: Is this your idea of a 17? almost 1 minute of nothing and then some 200 bpm ministreams with jumps in the middle? If you want to make a good file, you should at least cut out the uninteresting parts and skip to the most interesting ones. 1/10

Cristears: pretty nice song, steps feel alright (although you could use better patterns) until the part with the long freeze and all these other single steps to make with the other leg, which is pretty annoying. after that you should have made a long stream until the piano part, which can also be better... With improvements this could be a fairly good file 5/10 (8/10 if fixed)

Dawn Metropolis: streams go to nothing, steps are generally sloppy, music is not very appealing either. 3/10

Dem na like me: This song has a lot of potential, you could use the vocals in some places, i like what you did with the streams, but the spins really don't belong in that chart structure... and also you could use some pattern scheme of repetition instead of randomly switching patterns, it will give a deeper feeling of musical simulation. 5/10

EDIT: i really don't feel like playing more of the pack, i see where it is going with some of these songs. I know making a pack takes a lot of time and dedication, but beside some isolated cases, you need to improve your stepping skills if you want to make a successful pack.

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 04-8-2013 at 08:40 AM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
angelheadedhpst
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Whoa, it's been a while since I've been here... oh, right. Here's a pad pack!

Thanks for the feedback, as negative as it was... you were being constructive, after all. Some of what you say I can see where you are coming from (long boring intro of Chaos Theory/All the Children are Dead... repeated patterns on Bad Apple), and at other points I really could not see where you were coming from (Bbblow/Dawn Metropolis... steps/streams go to nothing, wut? are your speakers/headphones working properly?).

Also: simply not being a fan of a style of music is no grounds for ticking off points, that goes for any reviewer of any simfile.

Still, I'll take any feedback. Like I said before, this is really just a compilation of all my old and recent files since BMS wiped their database... I wasn't trying to create a pack per se. I will take some of your feedback under advisement in any future files I make, though. :>

Old 04-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #4
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

When i made comments on the music i was referring to the stepping aspect of it. It's a fact that some songs have more variation and space for pattern expressivity than others.

On bbblow, of course it follows some sounds, but since the melody is composed of a bunch of instruments sounding at the same time, i think your layering choice failed to depic the richness of the rhythm in many parts of the song.

As i said, it wasn't meant to be an attack or anything, i just thought it would be nice to give some feedback. That said, i would really love to see adored and cristears fixed. Would you mind a collab on them?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
angelheadedhpst
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Aye aye, I gotcha.

I'd be more than down with a collab, but I'm going to be hella busy for the next 2-3 weeks with end of semester madness. D: I shouldn't even be on here right now. >< Let's talk after that point!