Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-7-2015, 02:52 PM   #241
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: jTWG LXXVII: DFR and the Six Dakis: Reloaded GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 View Post
I disagree, lots of people including myself have done it before as town. It's not a great defense (ie I could say "But I always bus as a wolf!" when I'm purposely not bussing as a wolf) but in conjunction with other defenses it's not the worst move in the world.
I guess, but I would never as town try to associate myself with any form of what a wolf does or what I'd do as a wolf.

It seems like counterproductive playing in my eyes, as town should just be making a town-aligned effort with the content provided thus far.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2015, 02:54 PM   #242
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Zenith, you're getting into tunnel vision/confirmation bias territory on squirrel.
Sorry not sorry?

I had a lot to say to Squidly when I was just spectating because it seems like they don't know how to act and post like town and it urked me the wrong way.

I expected responses by both help and Squidly from what I've said so far.

Old 07-7-2015, 03:11 PM   #243
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Goin swimming catch you all later

Old 07-7-2015, 04:38 PM   #244
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
Me defending you based on a lame meta doesn't give you the excuse to do nothing. At least post some reads or something, not like I'm lock clearing you for shit posting

Quote:
Also now I'm a bit conflicted on my Xel read. The whole basis of him being scummy revolves around him going cold, but if he's legitimately busy with work then him going cold is inconclusive. Still leaning scum there until he steps it up though.
For reference only:

I work 4PM - 1AM PST (6 - 3 Server) on Sunday - Wednesday every weak right now.

I also try to read during my breaks / lunch depending my mood / what my co-workers are doing. (We tend to go eat as a group.)

This is just IRL stuff though and is only being put out for reference. (I don't expect this is/gets memorized by anyone, but you'll come to see my post timings will reflect this as the game goes on.)

Also let it be known me posting this shouldn't be relevant to your reads, stick to actual game content. /for the newer players

Oh hey Zenith's here.

Hi Zenith are you excited?!

Let's do a readu listu

AA: Null. I understand why some people see you as a bit wolfy when in your back and forth with greggles you seem a slight bit desperate. However I do get a vibe that it's just a bit of a lack of expiriance as well as it is after all, only your second game. However, I have made shit choices for being too trusting of things at a glance, so I'm gonna lump you null. I think the fact you're not actually afraid of getting read into hard though is a good thing.

tldr: Not our best lynch today, but I don't strongly oppose it.

Plop: town lean - doing just the general good town stuff.

Greggles: Town lean. Felt a bit off at first but the back and forth with AA feels like my perception of greggles meta, so he can have a town lean.

Help: scummy lean plz help us figure out what you're doin' 'cause your play is not only, not great, but it's not been too constructive either, and that reads post feels a bit more blend than anything.

Zenith / shadow guy: null, but leaning town. With some of Shadow's actions, and your entrance into the game having been so recent, I can't give you green status, but I like what I'm seeing so far, really happy you came in and quickly started giving impressions of the game. I wanna lump you town but new personal rules after making a bad liveTWG choice, gonna try and be a bit more cautious on replacements.

However, would like to see a little more elaboration on the squirrel being scummy thing. /assuming that's who squidly is. I don't actually know if anyone else in game has a nickname like this, so pardon me if this is wrong.

Squirrel: gonna null you because I am really interested in Zenith elaborating on you further and I wanna go into that open minded. /i'm assuming you're squidly here.

Note: post I am referencing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
Squidly is by far the wolfiest player thus far and I don't comprehend how vets didn't pick it up.
I get he kinda touched on it a little, but I'm not to satisfied with his later discussion of it, compared to this statement. This statement makes it seem like it's obvious and I don't understand where he's coming from.

Mashi / charles: town lean fer nao. tbh I have no clue how to read you. Wanna lump you a town lean tho because of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
I'm not feeling the suspicion on AragakiAyase; sunfan, do you necessarily believe his performance your last game with him was due to primarily his skill or was it not partially circumstantial?
J-rod: null - I like yer posts but tbh I'm just being paranoid because I'm dumb, probably should lump you town tho.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2015, 04:54 PM   #245
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

5 to insta
squirl (1) - greg
mrpop (1) - mashi
zenith (1) - jrodd, mrpop
unvote: aa, shad, squirl
No vote: help, xel

i believe this is correct

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2015, 05:05 PM   #246
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
5 to insta
zenith (2) - jrodd, mrpop
squirl (1) - greg
mrpop (1) - mashi
unvote: aa, shad, squirl
No vote: help, xel

i believe this is correct
That would be correct

Old 07-7-2015, 05:06 PM   #247
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

EoD is tonight right?

I may be able to squeeze in my normal reads list by tonight; if not by the morning

Old 07-7-2015, 05:06 PM   #248
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
EoD is tonight right?

I may be able to squeeze in my normal reads list by tonight; if not by the morning
Yeah at 9 server time

pikakirby123 reincarnated

AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2015, 05:09 PM   #249
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Alright cool

Just checked sign-up thread because this OP doesn't contain game rules (like ootc night talk phantoms instas etc)

There are phantoms; we as town should consider this only if we can spot it early enough where it shouldn't be a problem.

There are instas; this is something town really needs to pay attention to.

Night Talk is on; so town can get more talking done during night if need be (this is very useful when we know an outed PR is going to die and they can spill their guts out before dying).

So yeah reads list, either by tonight or tomorrow morning.

Old 07-7-2015, 05:28 PM   #250
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

omg zenith <333

and xelnya with da BIG POST
Old 07-7-2015, 05:29 PM   #251
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

Send a message via Yahoo to Charles Claythorne Send a message via Skype™ to Charles Claythorne

zenith is neptunia your waifu

this is incredibly game-related and could determine its entire outcome
Old 07-7-2015, 05:37 PM   #252
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

1. Zenith - Town, that's all you need to know.
2. AragakiAyase - Town

As I mentioned earlier, Aragaki actually got heat for performing what town would do; even if newer players did not know that it is a common town tactic. I haven't seen a scumworthy post from Aragaki thus far, only him admitting that he is withdrawing doing content posts due to not having enough content to use to be able to post.

3. XelNya - Town
All I really needed was to see this to determine right now if Xel is town or possibly wolf; and where maybe down the road he might be considered a wolf, we shouldn't lynch him today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Also Spitting Squirrel easily has the best user name in this game.

Namely because you can make this user name disgusting as fuck.
Classic Xel <3

Quote:
In a five paragraph essay, explain why a person could have a red lean on you, and then why they shouldn't have a red lean on you, using current game quotes as supporting evidence.
Literally this post sums up his towniness this phase; this is precisely what town should do if ever stuck with a "Not Enough Content" situation.

4. TheSunFan - Pure Null

I cannot get a good read on Sunfan; especially when most of them are shitposts or banters between vets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
I think I might change my top wolf from shadow to AA
very different from last game where he was immediately strong town.
He was one of the people who hopped on a "Second Game Aragaki playing differently from first; must be wolf" train which throws him further into null territory than town or wolf.

Quote:
plop ur top 3 scumreads all think ur reads list was bad/awkward
how do u feel
D0 asking for reads from an active player; this screams Sunfan attempting to pocket Plop.

Quote:
no to the isoing
Another post that throws him further into null territory than wolf or town; being asked to iso isn't alignment-indicative and neither is the response to the question as town should iso posts in general.

Quote:
jrodd is a meanie
I'm not isoing because I don't do that this early in games, mainly because of laziness but its also because it doesn't really help all that much imo.
His response to why he said no is pure; I totally agree to a point. I think EoD is where Iso'ing really comes into play and has a better effect than early on.

That's all I got; doesn't even lift though

5. helphelp11 - Slight Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by helphelp11 View Post
It's Day 1, shitposting is a tradition. What do you expect? :P
After posting "So, it's Day 1 (technically Day 0) What do?", he posts this which pretty much answered his post because I don't think Help is the type of player who can hop into a game like a train and drop hot posts and start creating reactions/data points.

Quote:
From what I said from it only being Day 1, I don't suspect j-rodd because it's so early in the game, because there's little to pick up on. I guess I should've said just to give it some time.

Also, j-rodd said that he'd be back when he gets home, so I'm waiting.
It's early in the game yes, but it's late in the phase where reads should start happening; and it seems like you are still waiting because I haven't seen you active since I subbed in.

Quote:
Squirl(Lucy? Or is that CC?): First game at FFR? Didn't realize he could unvote. Slight town lean.
XelNya: Sure, it's a lot of posts, but only 1 ask a question (#84, and maybe more?). Null for just posts.
AA: Asking questions, getting conversation, which is always good. Town lean.
Shadow: Pointed out some AA meta at post #42. However, it was only three pages in, so AA's post right after would make sense, because it was only the start of the game. Also did a pressure vote on squirl, but I don't think he's unvoted unless he was waiting for a response. Slight town lean.
j-rodd: Whoops, didn't know that the person I was responding to was the person I was "waiting for." Only posted on Page 1, 7, and 8, but that's general game starting posts and rejoined later. Null.
sunfan: At the start, trying to calm Lucy/Mashi down because it was only 2 pages in. Didn't really give a reason at #140 denying MrPop's reads and why his top lynch is Shadow (unless it's the mindmeld thing he mentioned the post after). Town lean.
CC(Mashi, right?): If you are Lucy (because names), that makes sense on why you'd want to vote sunfan, asking you to calm down. Also, at #55, why do you say that sunfan is a wolf? Null?
MrPop: Comes into the game calm, stating that this site likes start of game shitposting to squirl. Not sure about the reads, but I agree with AA trying to start the game out. However, for the read on shadow, I think he's just uncertain. After having a talk with Shad, MrPop votes mashi, in which I assume is because it's his other wolf choice. Town lean.

I think the reason why my reads end up nulls is because only 3/8 people I've seen in other games, and that it's just D1. I don't know the meta of the majority.
His reads list, some of these give off a forced tone but another set of them give off a pure tone. I am trying to find towniness within Help, but I just can't at the moment. I am placing him slight wolf until further notice.

6. j-rodd123 - Town

I don't even have to iso posts for this read. Jrodd's manner especially early on was more than enough to conclude him as town and not a viable lynch option. The only thing that concerns me about Jrodd is that potential cop claim because this is matrix6 and the last one I played I had the setup pinned in the first phase and I wanted that to happen again but it honestly shouldn't.

7. MrPopadopalis25 - Town lean

Quote:
I'm 90% sure it stands for epicmafia.
Caught this post; want to say yes EM = EpicMafia, although if you ever decide to play EM, you should never intertwine the playstyles. EM imo gets worse and worse with each passing day.

Quote:
Getting xel to stop posting anime gifs is like getting Vegas to outlaw gambling. Try as you might, it ain't gonna happen.
Too true.

Quote:
Out of the fifteen or so games I've played in I think we've lynched a wolf first phase only a couple of times.
This for all the players who didn't know. There is an extremely low chance to catch a wolf early on unless 1) Our read was pure and players mindmelded to get that wolf lynched or 2) That wolf did something that outed them.

Okay I had to stop iso'ing because you have huge posts but the gist of them are all the same. It's enough to conclude that you too aren't a safe lynch and are more than likely town.

8. SpittingSquirl - Top wolf

I've already spat out some of what I wanted to say; and I could honestly continue and fill up a good full page of iso'ing posts to conclude how wolfy Squidly is.

9. Charles Claythorne - Null

I'm going to give Mashi a good null read, preferably town leaning null than wolf though. I caught this guy by using a meta read I established on him two games ago and I can use that same meta read to townclear him for the phase. There's one telltale sign if Mashi is town right off the bat; although like may reads they could vary as the game progresses.

Also yes Neptunia is my waifu this game <333

Old 07-7-2015, 05:39 PM   #253
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Oh hey Zenith's here.

Hi Zenith are you excited?!

I'M EXCITED!!!!!

Old 07-7-2015, 05:41 PM   #254
SpittingSquirl
FFR Player

Quote:
I guess, but I would never as town try to associate myself with any form of what a wolf does or what I'd do as a wolf.

It seems like counterproductive playing in my eyes, as town should just be making a town-aligned effort with the content provided thus far.
It purely aimed at getting a reaction out of Greg.
Old 07-7-2015, 05:43 PM   #255
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

that awkward moment when the newbies are playing better and putting in more effort than the vets

zenith is LOCK CLEAR TOWN
Old 07-7-2015, 05:44 PM   #256
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

also i 1000% approve of neptunia as a waifu shes gr8
Old 07-7-2015, 05:44 PM   #257
SpittingSquirl
FFR Player

** from looking at Zenith/Xel's post above ***

Your reads make me extremely uncomfortable. For example you give reads of sunfan as if he was very scumy to you but give him a null read? If the quotes you've posted actually meant something to you, they wouldn't all result in null reads.
Old 07-7-2015, 05:45 PM   #258
Charles Claythorne
FFR Player

holy snickerdoodles, zenith you live in nyc????

meetup pls

also i guess ill be a contributive member of this game now
Old 07-7-2015, 05:45 PM   #259
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Claythorne View Post
zenith is LOCK CLEAR TOWN
is this cause of waifu or for legit reasons
EOD approaches so this is actually important

pikakirby123 reincarnated

AragakiAyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-7-2015, 05:46 PM   #260
SpittingSquirl
FFR Player

Quote:
Guessing to believe is going to hurt you bad. You need to stand up and view from your perspective instead of pocketing players due to your inability to formulate your own reads without assumptions from others.
^ Talking to me like he knows I'm town. Not what you'd expect from someone who has a "top scum read" on me.