Default Re: TWG 203 Werewolves in Avalon GAME THREAD

Watching US vs England. Will come back in afterwards

MERICA
Old 11-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #903
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

MML, I'm sorry to tell you that I am town and all of the reads you have made were stained with the presupposition of wolviness

I completely refute all of your reads that hinge off of "nobody was even talking about it" because that hinges on the logic that someone needs to be talking about something for it to have argumentative merit
this is plainly wrong, and I hope everyone else can see that.

also, call this a crazy thought, but is it weird for me to not want to read too much into manti's reads? think about the emphasis I place on reading the reads of dead towns. dead towns have no incentive to lie, so their reads can be read with the assumption of relative truth (towns are looking for wolves, so their reads are true relative to their alignment).
on the other hand, wolves are playing the game with the objective of sowing disinformation and confusion. there's no formula to how many wolf partners you're supposed to townread, scumread, whatever. the one thing wolves can't lie about is their vote. whoever their vote is on (yes, the [twgv] tags) is objectively known to the thread how they get to their vote and what they do with their vote is worth analyzing intently. it's how MML developed his case on manti: manti dropped a vote on MML, and it blasted forth from there when manti tried to justify his vote. I was a big dumb doodoo head who didn't

MML, your point on freezin swapping to jub3r7 prompting manti to swap votes I think only incriminates jub3r7 a bit more from my perspective. I think your case on me is understandable and doesn't feel forced, so I'm townreading you completely.
WV is probably second for me in townreads. you are much more active than you have been in the past, which is cool, so I hope you're not pulling a deep wolf on us. of all the players to be a deep wolf, I think it'd be you, but I don't really feel it. I felt like your EOD was quippy and responsive, and one of the things that I really struggle with as a wolf is remembering where I left my reads, and I feel like these following posts of yours were made from the hip instead of a wolfy aim:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Regardless of your tunneling I think you're a lost town now
Quote:
I'm joking but I did want to see your response
Quote:
I don't see a post from you answering my question regarding your views on charu. Did they change after your reread of raeko or was it just your view of raeko that changed
I need to do a deeper read into pretty much everyone else, honestly. I'm going to start with the manti wagon and follow each player's vote to see how they got on him. if there's a wolf on that wagon, I think this is the way to find one (or both, but as I mentioned earlier, this feels unlikely)
Old 11-25-2022, 03:17 PM   #904
mellon_collie
FFR Player

I am also back from Thanksgiving hello

Quote:
Watching US vs England. Will come back in afterwards

MERICA
Boycott the world cup fuck Qatar
Old 11-25-2022, 03:33 PM   #905
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

how did bug get to voting manti:
bug is the second person to vote manti, so let's see how they made it there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
two people weren't even present for EOD and while it's unlikely they were both wolves, expecting people to respond to that in the final minute is absolutely bonkers to me
Quote:
@Manti why are you so afraid of kitb
bug begins with immediately calling out manti for two things: their EOD behavior with expecting responses and their vote movement (probably him pointing out jub/FFA were 4/4). it's the start of bug's case on manti, as a later post I quote here has them mentioning they weren't particularly wolfreading manti until D2.

Quote:
i wasn't convinced manti was scum yesterday at all, but his posts today are weird. i had also entirely missed that he voted jub and then switched to ffa (i originally thought he went straight from mml to ffa) so that is extremely wee woo wee woo sus to me
this part of a post from bug shows how they didn't realize the vote swapping was between specifically the two wagons, not just from MML. now, the wolfread increases. this doesn't feel forced and I get the logic.

Quote:
i was about to call out manti for contradicting himself but mml did it for me lol

work smarter not harder
bugkid says that MML made the point before them, so this could be a mindmeld moment or just a supposed mindmeld moment (bugkid could technically lie here by claiming they were about to do it themselves)

Quote:
i can't tell if i just heavily disagree with manti/don't understand his strategy or if he's just a scatterbrained, vocal wolf.
another quip from a post with reads on other players. it doesn't really feel built on the same logic they were using before (the wee woo lights they mentioned, the contradiction), but I might just be nitpicking since it's a vague read.

Quote:
manti is tunneling more than anyone else right now. i like freezin's posts a lot. i like raeko's reentry but not sold on her yet. i would like wv to speak on anything that's happened more recently. maybe even a reads list?

for now, i think it is worth solving manti today
this is the important post where bug makes their vote. they commit to voting manti in the face of potential raeko suspicion and curiosity about WV. this post was also made almost 12 hours away from EOD, so only MML had been on the wagon at that point. I give bug some town credit for this early vote + their reasoning so far

Quote:
my vote wouldn't be on manti if i felt strong enough about raeko
bug defends their vote on manti much later on during EOD, solidifying their confidence. freezin and charu had both voted for manti at this point, so they didn't really have much of a reason to move off unless something about raeko truly compelled them to action

Quote:
jury is still out on raeko, but i'd like to revisit her more tomorrow. i'd rather solve manti today

if mml is wolf i'll eat my shoe
reaffirming their vote yet again

overall, I think bug's progression to manti seems relatively clean. yeah, they could have borrowed a catch from MML at one point by lying, but aside from that, everything else didn't really feel forced considering their vote timing.

I had originally planned this to be a longer post with more people in it, but I think I'm gonna take a break before I continue down the line of the remaining manti voters: charu, wv, and jub3r7 (yeah, even if it didn't count, I'm considering it!!)
Old 11-25-2022, 03:37 PM   #906
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Never voting Bug this game, considered me pocketed
I'd like to know more about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
What I'm saying is Raeko probably is another good vote candidate based on that. Of course I wouldn't commit to it fully without at least coming up with something.
Based on what exactly? sorry I don't think I follow what you were trying to accomplish still.

Quote:
when i read that freezin was the one to get nightkilled, i audibly said “what the fuck” because i thought it would for sure be me or mml just for sheer post activity.
I believe WV already asked this but you might have missed it... why did you think the night kill would be between you and MML? MML makes sense but why did you think you might be a target?

Quote:
I need to stop because I'm just hard tunneling on you jub. Everything you say just sounds like it's coming from a wolf.
I keep thinking the same thing but also like it's TWTBAW? rofl
Old 11-25-2022, 03:40 PM   #907
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
how did bug get to voting manti:
bug is the second person to vote manti, so let's see how they made it there:

bug begins with immediately calling out manti for two things: their EOD behavior with expecting responses and their vote movement (probably him pointing out jub/FFA were 4/4). it's the start of bug's case on manti, as a later post I quote here has them mentioning they weren't particularly wolfreading manti until D2.

this part of a post from bug shows how they didn't realize the vote swapping was between specifically the two wagons, not just from MML. now, the wolfread increases. this doesn't feel forced and I get the logic.

bugkid says that MML made the point before them, so this could be a mindmeld moment or just a supposed mindmeld moment (bugkid could technically lie here by claiming they were about to do it themselves)

another quip from a post with reads on other players. it doesn't really feel built on the same logic they were using before (the wee woo lights they mentioned, the contradiction), but I might just be nitpicking since it's a vague read.

this is the important post where bug makes their vote. they commit to voting manti in the face of potential raeko suspicion and curiosity about WV. this post was also made almost 12 hours away from EOD, so only MML had been on the wagon at that point. I give bug some town credit for this early vote + their reasoning so far

bug defends their vote on manti much later on during EOD, solidifying their confidence. freezin and charu had both voted for manti at this point, so they didn't really have much of a reason to move off unless something about raeko truly compelled them to action

reaffirming their vote yet again

overall, I think bug's progression to manti seems relatively clean. yeah, they could have borrowed a catch from MML at one point by lying, but aside from that, everything else didn't really feel forced considering their vote timing.

I had originally planned this to be a longer post with more people in it, but I think I'm gonna take a break before I continue down the line of the remaining manti voters: charu, wv, and jub3r7 (yeah, even if it didn't count, I'm considering it!!)
This is... very detailed and specific

I can get it from a town point of view analyzing a wagon. But I could also see a wolf using this as a way to overly "analyze"

Gonna wait and see how your posts about the other voters seem
Old 11-25-2022, 04:43 PM   #908
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
I am also back from Thanksgiving hello

Boycott the world cup fuck Qatar
I'm not buying anything world cup related but still gotta cheer on my teams!!
Old 11-25-2022, 04:46 PM   #909
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Thanks for the discord tip I'm going to look into doing that. Hopefully I won't need nitro.

As for this:

Quote:
Isn't it too early in the game for this schtick of yours. This is a d2-3 thing usually

I explained it later on in a post that I'm too lazy to look for but it was something to the extent of "the joke was that I'm somehow an expert on lar meta even though I hardly ever played with him"
Old 11-25-2022, 04:47 PM   #910
bugkid666
FFR Player

Quote:
I believe WV already asked this but you might have missed it... why did you think the night kill would be between you and MML? MML makes sense but why did you think you might be a target?
this is not something a town asks, especially considering i answered this question already.
wolves inquire more than they offer. this is exactly what raeko is doing today.

raeko i don't like this post at all at all at all

roundbox looks much better today imo

sorry mml i'm not reading posts that long. maybe later when i have the patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 11-25-2022, 04:48 PM   #911
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
MML, I'm sorry to tell you that I am town and all of the reads you have made were stained with the presupposition of wolviness

I completely refute all of your reads that hinge off of "nobody was even talking about it" because that hinges on the logic that someone needs to be talking about something for it to have argumentative merit
this is plainly wrong, and I hope everyone else can see that.

also, call this a crazy thought, but is it weird for me to not want to read too much into manti's reads? think about the emphasis I place on reading the reads of dead towns. dead towns have no incentive to lie, so their reads can be read with the assumption of relative truth (towns are looking for wolves, so their reads are true relative to their alignment).
on the other hand, wolves are playing the game with the objective of sowing disinformation and confusion. there's no formula to how many wolf partners you're supposed to townread, scumread, whatever. the one thing wolves can't lie about is their vote. whoever their vote is on (yes, the [twgv] tags) is objectively known to the thread how they get to their vote and what they do with their vote is worth analyzing intently. it's how MML developed his case on manti: manti dropped a vote on MML, and it blasted forth from there when manti tried to justify his vote. I was a big dumb doodoo head who didn't

MML, your point on freezin swapping to jub3r7 prompting manti to swap votes I think only incriminates jub3r7 a bit more from my perspective. I think your case on me is understandable and doesn't feel forced, so I'm townreading you completely.
WV is probably second for me in townreads. you are much more active than you have been in the past, which is cool, so I hope you're not pulling a deep wolf on us. of all the players to be a deep wolf, I think it'd be you, but I don't really feel it. I felt like your EOD was quippy and responsive, and one of the things that I really struggle with as a wolf is remembering where I left my reads, and I feel like these following posts of yours were made from the hip instead of a wolfy aim:

I need to do a deeper read into pretty much everyone else, honestly. I'm going to start with the manti wagon and follow each player's vote to see how they got on him. if there's a wolf on that wagon, I think this is the way to find one (or both, but as I mentioned earlier, this feels unlikely)
I can see wolf rb making these long posts if the last wolf is exactly jub
Old 11-25-2022, 04:49 PM   #912
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Actually no that wouldn't make sense what am I talking about
Old 11-25-2022, 04:50 PM   #913
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Imo I'd rather resolve jub this phase than rb
Old 11-25-2022, 04:52 PM   #914
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
this is not something a town asks, especially considering i answered this question already.
wolves inquire more than they offer. this is exactly what raeko is doing today.

raeko i don't like this post at all at all at all

roundbox looks much better today imo

sorry mml i'm not reading posts that long. maybe later when i have the patience
Spicy
Old 11-25-2022, 04:55 PM   #915
bugkid666
FFR Player

i don't think raeko/rb can be w/w here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hateandhatred View Post
dude your list was as substantial as a corporate public apology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
IM ON RED LOBSTER PUBLIC WIFI

they/them
Old 11-25-2022, 05:24 PM   #916
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
This is... very detailed and specific

I can get it from a town point of view analyzing a wagon. But I could also see a wolf using this as a way to overly "analyze"

Gonna wait and see how your posts about the other voters seem
Why am I reading this as if you're now using MML's essays as a means to push?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:26 PM   #917
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Also, to answer your question.

It was to see immediate thread reactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:47 PM   #918
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

My stomach is tore the fuck up

All I'll say right now is that @Roundbox that "things don't need to be a talking point to be argumentive" reads hallow because you wheren't making arguments.

And Raeko I literally have several posts that answer that question

......It's Round and Raeko isn't it? Would help Raeko's "Are we just taking Lar's word for the contradiction" defense on Day2 make more sense if she say Manti was in trouble and wanted to jump in. That post seriously didn't have a logic to it in any other context

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-25-2022, 05:47 PM   #919
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Going back to bathroom

Old 11-25-2022, 05:48 PM   #920
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Also Bug actually go read my post

Closed Thread