Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Yankeefan802
FFR Player

Default A proper introduction!

Hello I'm yankeefan802.

A friend of mine had mentioned the game (FFR) in a chat last night and showed me a replay of him playing. I though, it looked fairly interesting so I decided to join up so I could play. So, here I am now playing FFR (Still getting used to it). I foresee myself getting better and eventually being able to play those harder difficulty levels most others play on.

Until then, off to practice.

-YankeeFan802
Yankeefan802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default Re: A proper introduction!

Hey, welcome to FFR!

Make sure to read the stickies and follow the rules, but most of all have fun!

If you feel like you're not improving, don't worry, and just keep practicing!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:58 PM   #3
GG_Guru
Let em' do what they want
FFR Veteran

Welcome to FFR.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Welcome to FFR!

Many of your gameplay needs can be found in a drop down menu where there's a variety of statistics you can view.

One game stat is Overall Rank. Overall Rank is an indicator of how much you've played. It's ran through everyone's GTS (Grand Total Score). The more points you have, the lower your Overall Rank is. Your GTS can be viewed from the link above, your Gamer Card in you profile, or at the top, right-handed corner of the website.

A low Average Rank is quite different than Overall Rank because it's an excellent indication of your skill level. Average Rank consists of finding the average for every rank you possess in every song, excluding Tokens/Skill Tokens. To view your rank for each level, review your level ranks. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, you'll notice helpful statistics like the following...

Another excellent skill level indication is the Tier Points system. There are five tier ranks; T4 (Pro), T3 (Expert), T2 (Master), T1 (Guru), T0 (God). To be in one of them, you must have a certain amount of tier points. To possess tier points, you must achieve certain scores. Additional information could be found in this thread.

A frecuently asked question is, "how many credits is needed to unlock the complete collection of secret songs in the Secret genre?" The information is contained in this thread. That thread, also, has specific information regarding each song level (difficulty, time length, BPM, total notes, top 10 longest/shortest songs, etc...). It's very useful in all aspects of the game.

Another question sometimes asked is about Tokens/Skill Tokens. Tokens are small, golden tokens with the FFR logo on it that are dispersed throughout the site. It's a game of hide-and-seek. Do not ask where they're located on this site. Once found, they're located in the Token Genre.

Skill Tokens are different, for you must accomplish certain requirements in order to unlock new song levels. The requierments are bolded below the song title. Once you meet the requirement, a white window will appear and the song will be found in the Skill Token Genre.

Yet, another token is the Achievement Tokens. It's very similar to the above two tokens, for it's located in the Token Genre, yet it's obtained much like a Skill Token.

The last type of token is the Support Token. To obtain it, you must download a featured artist's album and you'll be rewarded with a token related to such artist. Check the FFR Store drop down menu, under Album Download for more details. Make sure to refresh the FFR Game once obtained any token.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. Once again, welcome to FFR. Be nice, courteous, but most importantly have fun!
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:10 PM   #5
naii08
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to naii08 Send a message via Yahoo to naii08

welcome to FFR
i'm also new here..
enjoy staying :]
Old 12-30-2008, 05:03 AM   #6
ice_lazer3
ICE ICE BABY
FFR Veteran

Welcome to FFR! Hope you enjoy!
ice_lazer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:10 AM   #7
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD

Welcome to FFR, have fum.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:11 AM   #8
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

A proper introduction indeed. We here at FFR appreciate your good English. Have fun practicing (but just so you know, it's all "practice").
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote