Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > jTWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-9-2005, 10:59 PM   #1
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25
Default jTWG I Postgame Topic

I just have to say, that was one of the funnest things I have ever done. A big thank you to everyone who participated.

Discussion? What did people do wrong? What can we learn from this? Etcetera.

Here are the special roles:

Wolves: Lupin_the_3rd, Chromer

Guardian: JurseyRider734

Seer: Wayfaerer_

Psychic: Tsuteto
Old 01-10-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Default RE: jTWG I Postgame Topic

Im at school, internet still gone from my home.

From what I have heard over the phone this has been an amazing game this round. No one expected who the people were and even Jay was clueless. Mostly because the people were a bit n00bish at playing, but yeah thats what happends when you've never played before.

I will be the next one to host the JTWG and psychic25 is goign to be my co-host, and I might start it in a week since it should be held off for a bit so people can get caught up with what happend in the game.

I will talk to him on the phone and he will sign onto my account. He will go with what I want to happen directly over the phone and he will just post with my username. I'll say when its me or not posting.

Until then its phone/school.

Also good game everyone, I wish to see the same or maybe an even better game play in the next one.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:28 AM   #3
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness
Default Re: RE: jTWG I Postgame Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapps
From what I have heard over the phone this has been an amazing game this round. No one expected who the people were and even Jay was clueless. Mostly because the people were a bit n00bish at playing, but yeah thats what happends when you've never played before..
I wasn't following the thread, I saw the 4 people left, and just started throwing out names
Old 01-10-2005, 01:45 PM   #4
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default RE: Re: RE: jTWG I Postgame Topic

Lupin was sure a tricky wolf. I had complete trust in him until the very end of the game, when I stoppped and thought that maybe the wolf was someone I really trusted. I contacted the others, and they all had similar thoughts. I was sure of my idea when that happened, and it was because of this that we got them. Good game everyone, especially Lupin; you had me tricked very well. Too bad for you that I decided to think things through more.

Also, sorry to all the people I helped to lynch. I honestly believed each one of you was a wolf. Also, sorry to those who got wolfed and didn't get a chance to experience the victory.

Given the new rules on TWG, I don't think I'll be joining the next jTWG. Good luck on it for anyone who joins.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:05 PM   #5
Rebirth0
FFR Originalbro
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I did the same thing, near the end I voted on someone who I really trusted but ended up moving my vote to someone else. Humans won right at the end of the game.

I'll be joining the jTWG II
Old 01-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #6
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

ah...didn't expect this... : D

Too bad I didn't get any help from chromer...at all. He doesnt have aim and apparently didn't have any intent of playing at all. Please, in the future, be sure that you will be able to commit. All it takes is one person to ruin the game- human, seer, wolf, whatever. In a way, it was nice without chromer though, as I took complete control of the wolf role, and learned a lot about playing.

PS, I did a damn good job of wolfing the special roles, didn't I : )

PPS: I thought this signature was a bit more fitting than my previous one:

Old 01-10-2005, 02:34 PM   #7
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Nice sig, I must say. Too bad you lost XD

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-10-2005, 02:43 PM   #8
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tsuteto Send a message via MSN to Tsuteto

Fufufufu...

Yeah, didn't really get much throughout all this. Why? Because Lupin damn feared me way too much. Jursey, I'm guessing you were guarding like, Afro the first night.

Anyways, mainly what I saw BAD in this was that mostly everyone was following one person. Complete bandwagons, all the way through. Only in the end did it start to shap up, mostly due to Afro. I swear, one more day of my living, and I would've gotten you Lupin. Well, if I didn't get you, then people would've gotten me.

Also, another bad thing was that people were assuming way too much on people being 'inactive'. M-A-C, you need to learn that some people have some things that interfere with such things to do this (like me being grounded, I actually was).

The only really GOOD players that I recognized (I'm not including myself in this) were Afro, Gamepro, and Lupin. Congrats to all three of you. You get kudos from me.

Well, with all that said, looks like I'll be joining next jTWG, seeing as I just got lynched from TWG. This sucks. I get killed from jTWG for TWG, then lynched from TWG for jTWG. What's next? I'm going to be banned from accusation of cheating just in time to join TWG again? Lol, j/k about the cheating thing. Like I have any reason to do so.

EDIT: Also, wondering if after you host Snapps, if some of us are going to be able to put up a request to host? I know I would like to. Of course, I might delve too much into story... meh, whatever. Gives more visualization anyways.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd
Default Re: RE: Re: RE: jTWG I Postgame Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuteto
Fufufufu...

Yeah, didn't really get much throughout all this. Why? Because Lupin damn feared me way too much. Jursey, I'm guessing you were guarding like, Afro the first night.

Anyways, mainly what I saw BAD in this was that mostly everyone was following one person. Complete bandwagons, all the way through. Only in the end did it start to shap up, mostly due to Afro. I swear, one more day of my living, and I would've gotten you Lupin. Well, if I didn't get you, then people would've gotten me.

Also, another bad thing was that people were assuming way too much on people being 'inactive'. M-A-C, you need to learn that some people have some things that interfere with such things to do this (like me being grounded, I actually was).

The only really GOOD players that I recognized (I'm not including myself in this) were Afro, Gamepro, and Lupin. Congrats to all three of you. You get kudos from me.

Well, with all that said, looks like I'll be joining next jTWG, seeing as I just got lynched from TWG. This sucks. I get killed from jTWG for TWG, then lynched from TWG for jTWG. What's next? I'm going to be banned from accusation of cheating just in time to join TWG again? Lol, j/k about the cheating thing. Like I have any reason to do so.

EDIT: Also, wondering if after you host Snapps, if some of us are going to be able to put up a request to host? I know I would like to. Of course, I might delve too much into story... meh, whatever. Gives more visualization anyways.

stfu wolf : D
Old 01-10-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin_the_3rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuteto
Fufufufu...

HEY HEY HEY! You have NO claim as to calling me a wolf! Only psychic would know if I was wolf or not... unless you were the psychic, then you would know. But meh, YOU were the wolf this game. If I'm wolf this game, your ass is MINE.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:52 PM   #11
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

I too would like to maybe host a game sometime. Is this allowed if I'm still in TWG? I think it should be.

Yes, Lupin played this so well. He deserves the jTWG MVP equivalent award. He owned nearly all of us. I had absolute trust in him until the second to last day when I realized that he probably was a wolf. That's when I PM'd the others and I found that they had already come up with a similar plan. I'd like to think that the last two wolves being lynch'd was thanks to my leadership, but it wasn't. This has just taught me that I'd make a terrible Tass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupe
haha. Seriously, that was funny.

EDIT @ what Tsuteto said, eb is in contact with the confirmed real psychic. He's posting all the psychic's outcomes.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:58 PM   #12
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Ah, alright. Yeah, my main problem playing TWG is that I just don't take it to the level of seriousness like everyone else does in the game.

I still think it'd be a nice idea to host a game. At least I know I'd have ONE person that I'd have to run against for hosting priveleges (sp?).
Old 01-10-2005, 03:12 PM   #13
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Just so you know, I wouldn't want to host so soon. Maybe like the 4th game, if it even gets that far.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:13 PM   #14
Tsuteto
FFR Player

It might, especially if games run as fast as this one did.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
psychic25
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to psychic25 Send a message via MSN to psychic25

jTWG's should tend to go pretty fast. After the initial Day 1, where nothing ever, ever happens, the players (as most of them are newbies) seem to bandwagon and/or get all of their votes in very quickly. This game lasted what- like 9 days?

Yeah. So I'll talk to Snapps at school about him hosting. He'll probably host- unless anybody else really wants to do it?

Oh, by the way, any suggestions for the next jTWG? Any new roles you want to see? New number of people playing? Remember, jTWG was also supposed to be a test game for new ideas, so any ideas you potential hosts have should be vocalized here. The next game plan will be finalized soon with any suggestions you guys may have- otherwise, we're just going to do standard (12/16 people, 2/3 wolves, seer, psychic, guardian)

List of Roles and Rules
Old 01-10-2005, 10:25 PM   #16
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Afro keeps saying I should host a game. Not now, but may be one of these days I shall...

Me hosting would mean weird things, though, like 2 seers, or may be a vampire game. Start with 1 vampire and 14 (or so) humans. Every night the vampire bites somebody. It doesn't say who he has bitten, though. When bitten you aren't removed from the game, you just convert to the vampire side. If the vampire can convert everybody, they win. During the day, people decide who to kill. That's just a random quick thought I just had. Had to write it down somewhere and I happened to be typing here. Needs revising...but yeah, I may try to host eventually, but be warned: I will change the game to keep it interesting.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-11-2005, 05:42 AM   #17
Wayfaerer_
FFR Player

Nice job for the humans, Tsuteto and I thought the humans were screwed after the psychic and seer were eliminated so fast. I cant get on the computor on Mondays and Wednesdays though, that may be a problem for the next game.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:05 AM   #18
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Afro keeps saying I should host a game. Not now, but may be one of these days I shall...

Me hosting would mean weird things, though, like 2 seers, or may be a vampire game. Start with 1 vampire and 14 (or so) humans. Every night the vampire bites somebody. It doesn't say who he has bitten, though. When bitten you aren't removed from the game, you just convert to the vampire side. If the vampire can convert everybody, they win. During the day, people decide who to kill. That's just a random quick thought I just had. Had to write it down somewhere and I happened to be typing here. Needs revising...but yeah, I may try to host eventually, but be warned: I will change the game to keep it interesting.
Yeah, that would need some revising. I mean... you'd have to be lynching two people throughout the day. Because I mean, if you vampire someone, you now have two vampires, and from then on, if it was one person being lynched, it'd be impossible to get rid of them all.

My game would deal something with like... two or three wolves, about 14 people, and only a Guardian. I'd think it'd turn out pretty interesting. Does the Guardian tell somebody who they are, thinking that person is human? Or do they speak with a wolf, telling who they are?
Old 01-11-2005, 07:58 AM   #19
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: jTWG I Postgame Topic

that should be in future twg ideas thread, but it's a good idea, if the vampire converts one player before the game begins. This allows for interesting things, like voting friends because if one is vampire, he may want the other on his team.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #20
ddrruler
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ddrruler
Default RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: jTWG I Postgame Topic

i want a sig =(
and BOO I GOT LYNCH'D =(