Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-7-2023, 01:05 PM   #1
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default owo tappies [Pack Release]

hellowo, I have made an Etterna pack (with the help of some good friends), click on the lovely pack banner above if you'd like to play it. c:

Files are primarily centered around stream patterns, however there are a few more jacky / technical files featured as well. Fairly even distribution of difficulties between ~15 and ~26msd.

I technically started this pack back in 2019- messing around with the editor for osu!mania and creating some hot-garbage. Over the years, my vision of what constitutes a good / fun chart has evolved and the pack has evolved with it. Over time the songlist has changed drastically with most of the original charts being cast aside over issues with quality, though one of the charts in this pack is still surviving from the original (although it has been almost entirely recharted). I decided 2023 was the year that it would finally release and with no small amount of help from those listed below- here it is. I'm pleased to present owo tappies and I hope you enjoy.

--Credits--

Featuring wonderful charts from the following talented stepartists-

choof
Rapta
Yyorshire

Thank you to the playtesters for suffering through early versions of some of these files, your feedback was extremely valuable!

UnityBoi
Zlyice
Hakulyte
EppuJoloZ
Matthia
ToonE
😺😺 (Ery)
NotSpiralingEnough

And a very special thanks to the kooba for providing the support I needed to be productive.
Old 03-7-2023, 01:07 PM   #2
ToonE156
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: owo tappies [Pack Release]

please download this pack yall its actually really good
If accuracy is not your middle name, my balls smell like lavender and honey.

ToonE156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2023, 02:33 PM   #3
_choof
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

owo
oh woah good paq
_choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
EppuJoloZ
a goat
Event Staff
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

woo it's released! It's indeed a good pack, and I do recommend it aswell!
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
finland doesnt exist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I take your Dance Praise and raise it a Guitar Praise
EppuJoloZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2023, 03:03 PM   #5
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

O wO
Old 03-7-2023, 04:54 PM   #6
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

awa lovely
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2023, 08:04 PM   #7
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm just gonna give some passing thoughts on LOOKING at some files, one was on purpose, the other two are completely just what seemed like it might be interesting.

Koi No Uta - Consider this super biased, as I already charted this myself. Your file has structure issues, based off the missing jumps in the intro section. (See 11.351 for an instance of what I'm talking about precisely.) I get the idea is that your file is trying to build intensity as the long builds layers, but it more begs why you'd not just ignore it in favor of just adding the bass jumps to keep it the same somewhat later. I also think instances like 35.726 would be better as a mine to differentiate from the echo vs the actual vocal. It's not AWFUL, but I wouldn't give it a passing grade either. This song is super cool because of the neat intricacies you could call out with some pattern changes, even here in the ending JS.

The Maiden - I loathe hold-centric work, but if you changed this song to be hold patterns with mine dodge put in, this file would slap in that intro mine part, but you do use this idea, in what I'd say is the wrong place personally, at 53.056. Except make them longer holds. Etterna isn't osu, there's no pull off penalty, but if you wanted to emulate that, your mine dodge idea would do that wonders. 1:06.298 has a lot of omitted notes that give you're saying this is supposed to be a mine dodge file, should have those omissions via mines. 1:19.539 section has a lot of, for lack of a better phrase, careless patterning and omits the stated intentions of the file. There's a lot of gripes I have with this file, but I totally like the idea, and think the song's a banger.

Fucking Machine - Probably the best of the files I looked at, but it has issues with consistency, there's a few mini jack patterns that lead to spots like 2:11.348 being out of place because it's not like, just alternating two note minijacks. So like [12] [12] [34] [34]. Intro is missing something to make it not cut-worthy. Lots of minor stuff could be updated here to make something more solid.

Would probably rate these in like a 5 / 5 / 6 set of scores.

Would like to iterate I'm not trying to shit on the pack, nice job making and releasing stuff, really. You've got some cool picks for stuff that could make some diverse super cool content. Hope to see more around sometime.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2023, 10:21 PM   #8
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'm just gonna give some passing thoughts on LOOKING at some files, one was on purpose, the other two are completely just what seemed like it might be interesting.

Koi No Uta - Consider this super biased, as I already charted this myself. Your file has structure issues, based off the missing jumps in the intro section. (See 11.351 for an instance of what I'm talking about precisely.) I get the idea is that your file is trying to build intensity as the long builds layers, but it more begs why you'd not just ignore it in favor of just adding the bass jumps to keep it the same somewhat later. I also think instances like 35.726 would be better as a mine to differentiate from the echo vs the actual vocal. It's not AWFUL, but I wouldn't give it a passing grade either. This song is super cool because of the neat intricacies you could call out with some pattern changes, even here in the ending JS.

The Maiden - I loathe hold-centric work, but if you changed this song to be hold patterns with mine dodge put in, this file would slap in that intro mine part, but you do use this idea, in what I'd say is the wrong place personally, at 53.056. Except make them longer holds. Etterna isn't osu, there's no pull off penalty, but if you wanted to emulate that, your mine dodge idea would do that wonders. 1:06.298 has a lot of omitted notes that give you're saying this is supposed to be a mine dodge file, should have those omissions via mines. 1:19.539 section has a lot of, for lack of a better phrase, careless patterning and omits the stated intentions of the file. There's a lot of gripes I have with this file, but I totally like the idea, and think the song's a banger.

Fucking Machine - Probably the best of the files I looked at, but it has issues with consistency, there's a few mini jack patterns that lead to spots like 2:11.348 being out of place because it's not like, just alternating two note minijacks. So like [12] [12] [34] [34]. Intro is missing something to make it not cut-worthy. Lots of minor stuff could be updated here to make something more solid.

Would probably rate these in like a 5 / 5 / 6 set of scores.

Would like to iterate I'm not trying to shit on the pack, nice job making and releasing stuff, really. You've got some cool picks for stuff that could make some diverse super cool content. Hope to see more around sometime.
If you look at these files too closely / critically, you might as well be staring into the void. That being said, your criticisms are valid, particularly in the case of Koi No Uta.
I played it pretty fast and loose with layering in general- with the primary goal being to deliver a particular experience to the player for any given file. I was pretty quick to forsake layering consistency between sections if and when the layering schemes stopped being convenient. such as Koi no Uta where the beginning is deliberately watered down and the ending is heavy handed. In the creation of this pack, i considered a file done when someone said they enjoyed playing the file. I had fun making them and I hope people have fun playing them. simple as that.

That being said, I think its funny that F***ing machine was one of the 3 files you chose to give feedback on, sorry Koi no Uta didn't meet your expections, and sorry the maiden was lazy in execution.

Last edited by Lights; 03-7-2023 at 10:22 PM..
Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-7-2023, 10:25 PM   #9
Zyxel
Event Staff
Event Staff

I had the lovely opportunity to play through this pack and DANG let me tell you this pack is an absolute Blast. I took notes on each chart and my thoughts, but honestly the only real critique I wrote was for Koi no Uta (which btw i love this file so much)

Koi no Uta:
- Really fun chart! It's kinda like eating a pack of gushers. (VERY SWEET AND FUN CHART I love this file)
- The Mini-jacks jumpscared me on my sight-read but playing it again they felt fine
- Super nitpick: 00:18.851 has an arrow for the inhale, but the rest of the times the singer inhales aren't charted (could be the layering on the strings though so honestly either way is 100% fine; just my observation.)

- 00:39.944 Honestly this is okay to do because its consistent, though I'd love to see a 16th here
>> same thing with 41.444, 49.694, 50.444, 52.694, 53.819, 54.194, 56.819 (though honestly I think the implementation of the 16 notes here is subjective, so I don't necessarily disagree with the option to leave them out of those pockets.)

- There is a [tiny] drum fill at 1:01.413 i'd love to see reflected with 16th notes
- NOT A CRITIQUE BUT SOMETHING IM EXCITED ABOUT: the drop section is SUPER enjoyable for a split player such as myself! I don't feel left out of this file! The trills are very very smooth and fun to play. 11/10
- Honestly one of my favorite files in the whole pack. The sensation of being able to play a trill file while having fun and without hurting my right hand is incredibly rare. Will be re-playing this file a lot.

STARBURST:
- i was gonna chart this இ௰இ
(my version would've been significantly worse tho)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Additional thoughts, these are my top 5 favorites in the pack:
(naughty word) Machine
A Report To The Share Holders
Summoning Storms
Conway's Child
Ghetto Blast

I highly recommend anyone who is reading this thread to download and play this pack immediately. Definitely one of my favorite packs to date. THANK YOU FOR PUTTING IN THE TIME TO MAKE SOME AWESOME FILES AND THEN GIVING THEM OUT FOR FREE!!
Old 03-8-2023, 10:10 AM   #10
jacobvl39
Difficulty Consultant
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Is this going to be available on the Etterna pack downloader? Not sure how that works or what the process is for getting it there...
jacobvl39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-8-2023, 11:41 AM   #11
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvl39 View Post
Is this going to be available on the Etterna pack downloader? Not sure how that works or what the process is for getting it there...
Yes. They do their pack rankings in batches, so I'm waiting on them to do one at this point. Should hopefully be soon.
Old 03-9-2023, 10:23 AM   #12
NotSpiralingEnough
Minijacks Do Not Exist
Difficulty ConsultantD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

after playtesting i still can't get the "PUMP PUMP THAT THAT GHETTO GHETTO BLAST" out of my head

thanks, choof