Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-7-2015, 01:07 AM   #21
RagedBerserker
Hello Kitty
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Two of the most vivid nightmares experienced

Yeah, nightmares can be a bit disturbing. Honestly, whenever I had nightmares it was whenever I fell asleep on my back. Kind of weird I know, but it was a pattern I took notice to.

I used to have nightmares all of the time when I was in my early teen and pre-teen years. Nightmares were dreams I tended to catch myself in and realize what was going on. Naturally, I tried to escape the nightmares by waking up. I have told a lot of people this and they call me nuts but it makes sense in my head; when I had the small bit of control in my nightmares, I would try to kill myself. I would legitimately try to drown myself, break my neck, etc. in order to get out of the dream. Is that a bit morbid? I suppose so, but it worked.

As for feeling physical pain, I would say I actually did feel pain once, but it is really difficult to describe. Bear with me, explaining nightmares can sometimes make no sense whatsoever. During one of my nightmares I had to cross a small log bridge over this dark pit in order to get in and out of this massive cave. For some reason, going into this cave was some massive achievement, and my family and I did it together, so when we were exiting the cave there were like a ton of people outside waiting and watching. As I was crossing the bridge my point of view switched from myself to that of a spectator watching us cross this pit. As this spectator, I end up falling into the pit on accident and when I get up to look at what was at the bottom, I see this massive monster. He was like this building sized minotaur-type creature with a ridiculously sized ax. And he used this ax to cut me right down the center. That ax cut FELT like it hurt me, like I know my body outside of the dream reacted to that, but it wasn't like the pain was so sharp that I woke up, and after I "died" as this spectator I went back to my own point of view now realizing what was at the bottom of that pit.

So all in all, based on my own experiences exclusively, I think that pain is definitely a possible feeling to have while dreaming but who knows exactly how or why that happens. It could very well just be the way you are positioned in your bed. I am not a goddamn scientist.

I'm just an old boy now

Last edited by RagedBerserker; 02-7-2015 at 01:10 AM..
RagedBerserker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2015, 08:26 AM   #22
Dynam0
The Dominator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
I cannot remember what I did that day, because it was quite a while back. I wasn't really "locked", like for example if you open your mouth too wide your jaw locks, but more like, my whole body was numb and unable to move, looking back, I probably could have waited 10 minutes and I would have been able to move my junk and stuff, but I was too flustered to think, because that was the only time it had ever happened to me.
Sounds like you had an episode of sleep paralysis, it's happened to me a couple times too and it's really uncomfortable because your body is still asleep and can't move but your mind is completely awake.

It's terrible when you wake up and see a shape in your room but can't yell out or move for several seconds O_O

Last edited by Dynam0; 02-7-2015 at 08:30 AM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2015, 09:06 AM   #23
Red Blaster
Bridge Burner
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ok serious post time since I'm at my desk and not on mobile.

When I was like 6 or 7 my cousins let me watch the Hellraiser movies, it was like 1-3 back to back, with them and I had reoccurring Cenobite nightmares for at least 5 years after that.

Nowadays I don't so much have "scary" dreams as much a dreams I'm not particularly fond of.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey great contribution to the thread cucklord the exit's up in the top right of your screen, it's called "log out"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
what's a milky christmas :O
Red Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-7-2015, 11:37 AM   #24
PhantomPuppy
Washed and Irrelevant D7

my most vivid nightmare experience was back from when i was 3. yea, i still remember it 14 years later. i was riding a rollercoaster (no idea how i knew what a rollercoaster was) and it was going all the way up to the drop, then i realized that it was all dark and firery around me, and i heard like, creepy laughing and a deep voice said "welcome to hell!" then the rollercoaster shot straight down. then i woke up. idk, it doesnt seem so bad now, but hell when i was 3 i almost peed myself.

10th OT (D3): 13th
11th OT (D6): 11th
12th OT (D6): 6th
13th OT (D7): 31st
14th OT (D7): 25th
15th OT (D7): LAST PLACE
16th OT (D7): LAST PLACE LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
you know what they say

under all the rust is really shiny...……… metal
PhantomPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote