Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-5-2003, 01:39 PM   #1
Intrepid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Intrepid Send a message via MSN to Intrepid Send a message via Yahoo to Intrepid
Default The Rach 3

I bet if some1 made arrow beats to the Rach 3, not even archowl could beat it. I could edit up a version of it and send it to NestleKwik or Synthelight or somebody to put arrow beats to it, it would make a great addition to the really hard songs to beat. It would be even harder than Rondo, Pwned, all of them.
Intrepid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik
Default Re: The Rach 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid
not even archowl could beat it.
.....bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
Intrepid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Intrepid Send a message via MSN to Intrepid Send a message via Yahoo to Intrepid

lol, have you ever heard the Rach 3? its a full orchestra song with a piano peice that even the greatest piano players in history struggled on, and hardly any1 is alive today that can play it. If he could beat it, I bet it would at least give him a challange for a while
Old 05-5-2003, 04:29 PM   #4
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

It sounds interesting. If you can find it e-mail it to songs@xqsite.com
I'd go find it myself but I'm up to my ears in files right now.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-5-2003, 04:59 PM   #5
Intrepid
FFR Player

no problem, I've got the full version (actually, three different performances of the full song, which is about 18 minutes long) and a cut version thats about 4 minutes long, which is the one I will cut down (in file size only so you can cut it where it will be the most challenging) and send to you now

It starts off kind of slow, but it gets REALLY intense towards the end, and the middle is a nice offset between really hard and really basic. I can send you the full song as well if you like.
Old 05-6-2003, 10:21 AM   #6
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

tsk tsk tsk... just cause something seems impossible to the n00bs doesnt make it immpossible for the experts... just remember captain jack (grandale mix) isnt hard... keep trying and maybe one day you'll beat it....

RAVEnHEXa: Lip ring is because I want to be a professional piercer.
87x: more like.. professional goth.
87x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2003, 01:11 PM   #7
Intrepid
FFR Player

neh, I dont got that much time on my hands, between prepping for college,, studying for the GED test, and finding time to spend 6 hours a day on the phone with my g/f I am pretty swamped I think archowl must not have a life :P that or FFR/DDR/DWI is his life, lol.
Old 05-6-2003, 01:21 PM   #8
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 87x Send a message via MSN to 87x Send a message via Yahoo to 87x

i wastn really talking about arch i was talking about anybody whos any good... but talking like others not having a life then comparing it to your own... makes you seem like you have no life... granted that college and GED test are important.. if you just have 6 hours a day to talk to your girl on the phone.... you dont have much of a night life....

Old 05-6-2003, 02:12 PM   #9
SpookG
(For Great Justice!)
Retired StaffFFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to SpookG

Rach 3...to clarify..we're talking about Rachmaninoff the 3rd piano concerto, right?

I heard that thing once and I practically shat myself..

What was the name of the fastest violin player ever, who was supposed to have sold his soul to the devil, which is why he would turn around so no one could ever see how he was able to play so fast. (no joke, this was a real person)

Royal For Great Justice! Electronic Music est. 1999
kerBLAM

SpookG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2003, 02:38 PM   #10
Intrepid
FFR Player

lol, I was just kidding about the 6 hours thing man. Her and I spend alot of time together, and I was just trying to say that. I love my g/f alot, so, ya know? lol

And yes, we are referring to Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto #3 Mov. 1, which, imo, has to be the greatest peice of music ever written, all three movements are so completely astounding. And how some1 could play the piano that fast, dang man. If any1 wants to see some1 actually playing it, rent the movie shine, good movie, great song too, the whole move is based on the true story of David Helfgott, who hears the song as a young boy, a child prodigy at piano, and wishes to be able to play it, and spends a good many years learning at some of the best music colleges in the world, and when it comes time for the end of the year concert/contest david tells his teacher he wants to play the Rach 3, and he teacher calls him nuts, but teaches him, and he learns to play, and after he finishes the song, he has a stroke or somtn, and goes insane, and who knows what the rest of the movie is about, its pretty wierd, lol. Good movie tho if you liek drama's. I love drama's, but I bought this movie, and find myself watching it, just to see and hear the piano's, I love piano music, and a good pianist is hard to find these days. The playing in the movie is absolutely stunning.

I put it up on my pos tripod site, so at least a few of you can dl it. This is a VERY VERY short version, its 2:35 long, but it shows the complexity of the song.

http://bcdezigns.tripod.com/Rach3Short1.mp3

njoy
Old 05-6-2003, 03:53 PM   #11
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

I'll DWI it.

Trust me. I can beat it.

I can beat max 300 on TWO TIMES MUSIC SPEED.

That's like MAX 600

I had to SPEED UP THE DWI ITSELF because the modifiers on stepmania couldn't go past 1.5 music speed.

Imagine 573 arrows in 40 seconds.. without 16ths or anything
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-6-2003, 04:05 PM   #12
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

PS: It's pretty fast, but I could beat it easily, sorry...

I changed my mind about DWIing it, unless there was like, a super fast part in it and you cut it down to just the hard parts (i.e. under 2:30 ) then I might, but it's not worth my time since I know I could easily beat it.
Old 05-7-2003, 10:31 AM   #13
87x
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

lol arch spoken like a true champ.....

you tripod page is messed up.... i couldnt d/l it

Old 05-7-2003, 03:35 PM   #14
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Okay

If you want something I would have a hard time beating

Try some of those super fast violin tracks by nicolo paganini

You'll have an even harder time DWIing it