Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
Shock3nAw
FFR Player

Default No songs get loaded

Whenever I start the game up, everything loads correctly and the interface pops up; but, there are no song genres and the song list doesn't open.

Tried Firefox and Chrome on x64 Ubuntu. Cleared cache and all that jazz.
Shock3nAw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 AM   #2
Sv3nt3k
FFR Player

Default Re: No songs get loaded

I'm having the same issue. Everything is loaded fine and peachy, but the song list or song selection isn't showing up at all. I have the latest version of Flash installed.

EDIT: Tried playing the game on Chrome, Firefox, and Opera. Same results. I also cleared the cache of all browsers and including the Flash Player's Cache. Still no go.

Last edited by Sv3nt3k; 03-24-2011 at 03:16 AM..
Sv3nt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
I like it
Housekeeper
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Have you guys tried using a standalone? Here is the link, http://www.mediafire.com/?yhay5pin2b2wdo2

What you do is click File, Open and insert either http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...erway_1022.swf or Velocitys engine link which is http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...y/ffr_Wide.swf
I hope this helps!
I like it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Sv3nt3k
FFR Player

Thank you for responding to the thread.

The stand-alone works like a charm on my desktop, along with the normal link on the website to play the game. I should've mentioned that I was having issues with playing on my laptop. Is there a way to use the stand-alone and still log into our FFR account so our play data is recorded? Or is the stand-alone what it is, a pure stand-alone?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You have to sign in using Internet Explorer. When you do, be sure to check the box saying "remember me" so that you stay signed in. Otherwise it won't record for you :]
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #6
Sv3nt3k
FFR Player

Thanks again for informing me about logging in while using the stand-alone. I should also include that my laptop is running Linux Mint and that the issue still exists with the playlist not showing. The stand-alone, however, works fine on my laptop as I run it through WINE.

I don't want to think that my underlying issue is OS dependent, but are there any other Linux users who are having problems or no issues with running FFR on the website?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:20 AM   #7
FFRGreen
Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to FFRGreen Send a message via Skype™ to FFRGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sv3nt3k View Post
Thanks again for informing me about logging in while using the stand-alone. I should also include that my laptop is running Linux Mint and that the issue still exists with the playlist not showing. The stand-alone, however, works fine on my laptop as I run it through WINE.

I don't want to think that my underlying issue is OS dependent, but are there any other Linux users who are having problems or no issues with running FFR on the website?
My brother had linux mint and he had the same problem with logging in too. I guess it is because of OS.
FFRGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #8
Sv3nt3k
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFRGreen View Post
My brother had linux mint and he had the same problem with logging in too. I guess it is because of OS.
Thanks for the response. And damn, really? The original poster, me, and your brother can't seem to get it working on Linux. I was always behind the impression that the flash player was "universal", so to speak. I can't really think of why it wouldn't work.

On a brighter note, I'm able to get the stand-alone working fine on my laptop. I just wish I could avoid that and just use the browser instead.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:09 AM   #9
BIGEZAY
The ShyGuy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BIGEZAY

I am kinda having that same problem except everything loads fine all the songs come up but when i click on a song to play it doesnt load at all it just stays at 0% :[ can some one tell me whats wrong? i've done all the IE, adobe stuff to make it work and thats why im so confused. please help
BIGEZAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #10
Velocity
Doing the wrong thing the right way since 2010.
Site and Game Administrator
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGEZAY View Post
I am kinda having that same problem except everything loads fine all the songs come up but when i click on a song to play it doesnt load at all it just stays at 0% :[ can some one tell me whats wrong? i've done all the IE, adobe stuff to make it work and thats why im so confused. please help
What engine are you playing?
What's the build version of the engine?
Have you cleared your cache since today?
Velocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #11
BIGEZAY
The ShyGuy
FFR Veteran

im using velo
i dont know what the build is or what that means :[
and yes

i just used ccleaner on my computer logged in to FFR with IE and now it wont even register my account on the SA :[

EDIT: now it registers my log in :] but still doesnt load the songs

Last edited by BIGEZAY; 03-25-2011 at 01:24 AM..
Old 03-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #12
Velocity
AdministratorRetired StaffDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

What does the text say in the circles:

If it doesn't match that, then your using a older engine, and you'll have to clear your cache to get the new version.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #13
BIGEZAY
The ShyGuy
FFR Veteran

okay, that makes sense my engine is outdated then. how to get the newer one? ccleaner should have cleared my catche

EDIT: i got it to work thanks Velocity your awesome

Last edited by BIGEZAY; 03-25-2011 at 01:38 AM..
Old 03-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #14
Velocity

Just refer to the sticky:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=103609
Any other question?
Old 03-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #15
Sv3nt3k
FFR Player

I'm not sure if this counts as the "older" version as my client is showing version 0.904. I'll try clearing my cache again.

EDIT: I went ahead and used Opera as my browser when trying to load the game and I get the same result as seen in the picture. That is also after clearing the cache, as per the instructions in the stickied thread.

EDIT: And I also tried using the velocity engine, which was reporting version 25.3.2011, and the same issue with the songs not loading is still present.

Last edited by Sv3nt3k; 03-27-2011 at 01:36 AM..
Old 03-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #16
Shock3nAw
FFR Player

Having just booted into Win7 on my laptop for the first time in a while, I double checked and FFR does load correctly. I'm going to blame my Ubuntu Chrome's flash player version. AFAIK it's running the new 64bit alpha that they're trying (10.3d, if I remember correctly). When I get a chance I'll download an older version and swap them and see how it goes.
Old 04-3-2011, 07:45 PM   #17
Shock3nAw
FFR Player

To confirm, I attempted to replace the newer Flash with an older version (some version of Flash 9), and Chrome seemed to reject it outright. It never gave any errors, but seemed to 'skip over' the library file when I put it into the plugins directory. I have a sneaking suspicion that Chrome will prevent the use of libraries older than or equal to it's own default integrated version to prevent security vulnerabilities.

The version that's currently being employed is 10.3 d162. Anyone with more Flash know-how got any ideas?

Also, the stand-alone Flash player (loaded in Wine) worked just fine.