Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2012, 11:22 AM   #1
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Default Four Tet - Pink (2012)

Probably one of my favorite albums of this year so far.

Someone said this on discogs and I laughed.
"Great, great chillout here. Indelible melodies and artful ambiance work in concert to produce a haunting, atmospheric, but ultimately FUN full-length that proves more than worthy as a successor to the highly lauded 2010 album There Is Love In You. Recommended if you wish Burial would smile more, are still waiting for that new Boards of Canada album (it'll come out next year, I promise, right after the next Avalanches album and the brand new Aphex Twin double-disc), and/or enjoy smoking AN ILLICIT SUBSTANCE in the daytime."

If you wanna buy this (AND YOU SHOULD, THIS ALBUM IS GREAT), http://boomkat.com/downloads/551972-...ghlight=552186

Literally every track on this album is great.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
moches
FFR Player

Default Re: Four Tet - Pink (2012)

Will have to check this out: thanks for the 401, Choofbadoof.
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #3
wwplpmpn
FFR Player

it's 2006 and i will call you jeremy

yesterday it began, an eerie pulsating lighting up my drywall and passing through the floorboards. big-eared vivian walked in my room, right past the hotel brochure stack and deposited the crackers gingerly on top of my sockpile.

a thorough glance; she scanned the room with narrowed eyes, and made a mental note of my mike coine posters. i leaned back in my bed, and noticed that my hair had stopped acting up lately. my brother, recently flown back from italy, held the compaq laptop to his faded jeans as he handed the implant to me. my hands, now out of their pockets, searched for my wallet, but it wasn't the right time. this was it -- this was the sound. i closed my open firefox tabs in cold anticipation.

nicework, kieran. you were right-

the lions, the jupiters, the pyramids, the ocoras, they were right. the knob-biting jazz drummer stuttering behind my curtains, the cubic firewire copper waveforms, the unwashed 12-packs of tv-dinner trays, the $199.97 creative zen tangled among my earbuds in my pocket, the scratched coldplay r&b cover band cds in my drawer, the 2012 chillrave tickets, they were all right. listen to you, jeremy, they finally did it. checked in at the library, the french folks in the robot helmets, wielding their shuffling disco bass, and the tron bikes. kieran did the dance, 1,2,3,4,5,

steve and your eighteen musicians, i heard you playing with marcus and mike. eight-to-sixteen times, playing with recording speeds on my vcr, and it is thunderous. rob me, synth-user, you stole my ears.

jupiter in a cathedral, church dinners eaten impolitely. hands off the mitrailleuse. plaster me, KIERAN, tollbooth-breath

Written by Ryan Schroeber,
December 17, 2023

Share this Review
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Reddit | Digg | StumbleUpon

|...provided, but given also production. Good, but only to.........|
|...disappointment...............................................................|
| __________________________________________________|
|...CHARLIESONIC wrote:.................................[12 days ago]|
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
|...SUCCULENT FREE APP a121ooaosq11.com!..................|
|...CHECK IT!.....................................................................|
wwplpmpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwplpmpn View Post
it's 2006 and i will call you jeremy

yesterday it began, an eerie pulsating lighting up my drywall and passing through the floorboards. big-eared vivian walked in my room, right past the hotel brochure stack and deposited the crackers gingerly on top of my sockpile.

a thorough glance; she scanned the room with narrowed eyes, and made a mental note of my mike coine posters. i leaned back in my bed, and noticed that my hair had stopped acting up lately. my brother, recently flown back from italy, held the compaq laptop to his faded jeans as he handed the implant to me. my hands, now out of their pockets, searched for my wallet, but it wasn't the right time. this was it -- this was the sound. i closed my open firefox tabs in cold anticipation.

nicework, kieran. you were right-

the lions, the jupiters, the pyramids, the ocoras, they were right. the knob-biting jazz drummer stuttering behind my curtains, the cubic firewire copper waveforms, the unwashed 12-packs of tv-dinner trays, the $199.97 creative zen tangled among my earbuds in my pocket, the scratched coldplay r&b cover band cds in my drawer, the 2012 chillrave tickets, they were all right. listen to you, jeremy, they finally did it. checked in at the library, the french folks in the robot helmets, wielding their shuffling disco bass, and the tron bikes. kieran did the dance, 1,2,3,4,5,

steve and your eighteen musicians, i heard you playing with marcus and mike. eight-to-sixteen times, playing with recording speeds on my vcr, and it is thunderous. rob me, synth-user, you stole my ears.

jupiter in a cathedral, church dinners eaten impolitely. hands off the mitrailleuse. plaster me, KIERAN, tollbooth-breath

Written by Ryan Schroeber,
December 17, 2023

Share this Review
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Reddit | Digg | StumbleUpon

|...provided, but given also production. Good, but only to.........|
|...disappointment...............................................................|
|...CHARLIESONIC wrote:.................................[12 days ago]|
|-------------------------------------------------------------|
|...SUCCULENT FREE APP a121ooaosq11.com!..................|
|...CHECK IT!.....................................................................|

how the christ do you do this
Old 08-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #5
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

not sure if I want to do a dramatic reading of this or that naruto thread
Old 08-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #6
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer