the exit track is still a good file
sunshine dramamine is just a little more organized musically
lurkerasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #22
N.T.M.
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to N.T.M.
Default Re: Xoon 4 red version release

I should prolly post some reviews for once. Maybe just like 1 file per author.

The runningmen in Moonshine were really fun. lol That really stood out to me for some reason. I may get reviews later. Some pretty cool files in here.
“Beware the irrational, however seductive. Shun the 'transcendent' and all who invite you to subordinate or annihilate yourself. Distrust compassion; prefer dignity for yourself and others. Don't be afraid to be thought arrogant or selfish... Suspect your own motives, and all excuses. Do not live for others any more than you would expect others to live for you.”

Christopher Hitchens
N.T.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #23
Minion133
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

gay

Last edited by Minion133; 10-9-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Minion133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minion133 View Post
all of these songs sucked
Old 09-19-2009, 10:54 PM   #25
TC_llama499
Resident Rock Climber
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_llama499 Send a message via MSN to TC_llama499 Send a message via Yahoo to TC_llama499

Now and Forever is my fav so far, good job GD. but the ending jumps/rolls suck
Old 09-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #26
kommisar[os]
Banned

Send a message via AIM to kommisar[os] Send a message via MSN to kommisar[os]

two people arent playing this pack

instant failure.
kommisar[os] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #27
buizel8888
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to buizel8888 Send a message via MSN to buizel8888

I am contemplating whether or not to download this pack. Please write a 4 page dissertation on why I should download this pack.
buizel8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:11 PM   #28
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_llama499 View Post
Now and Forever is my fav so far, good job GD. but the ending jumps/rolls suck
only did it for climax theory otherwise yeah I ****ing hate the ending, lmfao

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:13 PM   #29
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

sunshine dramatime was better technically but not as cool to play
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #30
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Excited for blue to come out. I really want to play pats files.

And thanks to G-D for making new gfx for Like a Man lol. Mine weren't really up to par anyways from the tournament.

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #31
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar[os] View Post
I assume not christianity? lmao.
actually I am whoops

Last edited by moches; 09-20-2009 at 01:58 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #32
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

whoops you're christian!! haha what a blunder
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
Old 09-20-2009, 04:30 AM   #33
GG_Guro
FFR Player

this pack is dumb because it has none of my awesome files in it
GG_Guro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 AM   #34
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR
Network Security Analyst
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR Send a message via MSN to PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR

D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightdarkness
I'm light f**king darkness
PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:35 AM   #35
operationstrawbarry
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to operationstrawbarry Send a message via MSN to operationstrawbarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG_Guro View Post
this pack is dumb because it has none of my awesome files in it
This pack is awsome because it has none of ur dumb files in it.

OMGlookwatIdidsucker!!!
operationstrawbarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:06 AM   #36
GG_Guro
FFR Player

hey how many files u got in this pack?

oh hey check out those reviews looks like your file wasnt very accepted =S
Old 09-20-2009, 05:08 AM   #37
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

gg guru why not download the pack and tell us in vivid exquisite detail why each and every file in this pack is objectively bad
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #38
GG_Guro
FFR Player

reviews

(_.Spitfire._) Men's Milk Booster Rifle - horrible song and horrible file, quit out 1.5/10

(Baq12) Return of Salieri - only good parts of the file were the first solo and the slow section. a few patterns were interesting but overall BARELY worth playing due to dumpstream 5/10
(Baq12) Roppongi Rumble - solid, a few parts where flow was dangerously close to breaking, solo was meh 4/10
(Baq12) Storm Eagle's Stage - generic dumpstream again. mines were moderately innovative 3.5/10
(Baq12) The Sound of Truth - it's got some decent stuff but you seriously don't test your patterns enough 3.5/10

Baq12 - dude's got potential. only problem is that the patterns are too conservative and there's not enough playtesting. sync seems okay but it means nothing if the patterns aren't there. also stop dumpstreaming

(cedolad) Cybertron - not bad, just wanted to say a few things. first of all, nobody opens a file with that kind of long fade in. it's really annoying. second, although your patterns are fun, you still lack a little bit of technicality. in addition to this, don't use 48th and 64th rolls, they're stupid. also watch out for freeze abuse near the beginning. otherwise, not too bad 5/10

(Cherubi + moches + Kommisar) Mystic 11 - wow tone down the minifreezes. ending needs more punch. otherwise, fantastic file 7/10

(Cherubi) Hyperdr!ve - solid old-school file. refrain needs some pattern adjustment though 6/10

(Devin) Blue Concerto - surprisingly good. captures the essence of the piece (love the bombastic chords) and flows nicely. all the stepartist needs now is more experience 7/10

(Dimentio) Mugen- not too bad. minifreezes and patterns are a tad random and many of the critical tension transitions are completely wrong. 4.5/10

(EnR) Heretics & Killers - not too bad. somewhat minimalistic but still gets the point across. beginning was the best part of the file though. rest of the file from there just seems like the step artist lost momentum. 4/10

(Evo) Luna Clock - why the hell did you restep this. zagh's file is much cleaner. only upside is a few parts in the end solo is better but that's it. docking points for a pointless restep. 3/10

(Ferrari) 3y3s - ew 1.5/10
(Ferrari) Evans - stylistically different than linus's but still essentially the same flow plus mines. 2/10
(Ferrari) Loud Electronic Ferocious - fun. very messy but fun 4.5/10

Ferrari - put more effort in your stuff and they'll come out pretty good. keep it up

(Goldeneye) Sound of Giallarhorn - quit out. file's just uninteresting 2/10

(Gundam-Dude vs Kommisar) @ (Cinnamon Roll) - very cute, but unfortunately fills are very very sloppy and create a huge difficulty inconsistency. solo wasn't stepped very well at all. 5/10
(Gundam-Dude) Bloom Nobly, Cherry Blossoms of Sumizome - beginning was barely playable, and then when the song blew into full force it became a dumpstream. quit out. 2/10
(Gundam-Dude) Love Ward - decent and somewhat innovative. unfortunately some parts of the file are annoying, like the rolls and 8th freezes and jacks 5.5/10
(Gundam-Dude) Now and Forever - ffffffff I was so proud of this file until the jumpstream/roll at the end. good job fudging the song right at the end. 6/10
(Gundam-Dude) The Dark Blowhole - beginning is weird despite the attempt and most of the song is much too dense :steel world: 3.5/10

Gundam-Dude - if you have a good idea of what you're doing your files turn out great, but as soon as you lose momentum the file turns to ****. also you need to be careful not to use bad concepts in the first place haha

(HST) Person Who Conceives Frenzy - oh you think you're so funny with your polyrhythms (otherwise file is superb) 6/10

(i love gabba) 0 - most of the file is done wrong and it's overall very messy. patterns are moderately fun in the old-school way but that wasn't even the goal here. quit out 3.5/10
(i love gabba) One Phrase Blues - this file confused me. some parts ruled while others plain sucked. watch out for the density right before the freeze roll in the beginning 5/10

(Igorsson) Get Down - this would be much better if the large chords weren't so awkward. patterns are ok but waaaay too messy. have more structure and flow will come as well. also don't root your notes on [24], it makes it feel like it's leaning rather than resolving. 3.5/10

(Joe D vs Baq12) Beyond Abilities - quit out. I can't even describe why this file doesn't work, it just doesn't 2/10

(KgZ) 8 Bit Beach Dream - very fun, solid, despite symmetry syndrome 6.5/10

(Kommisar vs Roar176) Being - cleanest rock song in the pack so far. generally nothing much I can say, only one section I thought could've been done better. 7/10

(Kommisar vs Tear) Ars Moriendi - wow soo messy. beginning is full of retarded freezes, there is a bit of inconsistency, and overall just messy. quit out. 3/10

(Kommisar) aNGrYgErMaNpHAntOM - one of the best old-school style sims I've played. clean but full of power. 7/10
(Kommisar) Dark Chancellor's Invisible Secret Robot Castle - clean but dense. don't like the new polyrhythms but still a good file. 6/10
(Kommisar) Fermion - very, very nice, gave me chills. jack theory combined with a few new techniques with an old-school feel. I have to say that I could not have done better. 8/10
(Kommisar) Futsuu no Uta - quit out. not my tastes sorry. na/10
(Kommisar) Solid State Squad - wisely layered. unfortunately, I couldn't feel as much effort as I did with the other files. still fun though. 6/10

Kommisar - what else is there to say lmfao

(Lurker) Infinity of Our Love - freezes. I hate long freezes. besides that, patterns could be refined slightly. 5/10

(Midare) Song of Ashley - absolutely not. na/10

(moches + dood gone krazee) Moonshine - actually really good. only criticism is that it feels a bit bland because of the lack of special techniques used. 7/10

(moches) 100 Sec. Kitchen Battle!! - not gonna review this because I'll **** all over it simply because I'm making a chart myself. na/10
(moches) Balloon Park - solid file, not much to say. 5/10
(moches) Croqel Part I - very cute file. succeeds in the minimalistic feel. 5/10
(moches) Famicom Selecta - I don't think so. 3/10
(moches) Programmed World - very cool patterns in this one. could use some more jack theory though. 6/10
(moches) White Tornado - nice little file, nothing too special. density consistency would be nice though 4.5/10

moches - you're improving a lot dude. just be sure to playtest a lot and use some more techniques. otherwise you won't get very far from here on

(N.T.M.) Bodom Beach - wow dude. great flow and solid patterns. where'd you come from? all you really need left is to learn some fancier techniques. for example, 2nd freeze in m16 can be a trill, there are potential grace-freezes, and you missed a few important cymbals. otherwise pretty darn good. 7/10
(N.T.M.) Title - Ending - Super Mario World - huge contrast to bodom. patterns and flow are average and there aren't any special techniques. irrelevant note: I don't think the artist is nintendo. try doing a little research and credit the composer correctly. 4/10

N.T.M. - either stick to your metal/rock songs or learn how to step other songs. message me sometime over a messenger and I can help you refine some techniques and make your metal/rock files incredible

(Nick & Typh00n) YMCK LAST BOSS - this actually had a few decent ideas, but unfortunately is one of the sloppiest files I've ever played, and obviously there's the bs issue. 2/10

(Noon) Day - yellow note syndrome is very clever I'll admit. overall, file feels unstable. good try on the jack theory, but there's a lot of room for improvement 4/10
(Noon) More More More - what is this **** 2.5/10
(Noon) The Exit Track - some parts were okay others were stupid. also what the hell percussion rolls everywhere everyone knows I hate them 3/10

Noon - not bad, but you're still unfamiliar with a lot of the patterns and techniques that are frequently used. just keep stepping and you'll get the experience for that soon

(OperationStrawbarry) Picking Flowers at Night - I noticed a few planned out patterns, but most of it is dumpy and the percussion/buzz rolls pissed me off. quit out. 3/10

overall my idea of the pack so far is this: whack my nigga
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 AM   #39
GG_Guro
FFR Player

for u patashu
Old 09-20-2009, 05:13 AM   #40
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author

those are clearly stargroup's reviews try harder