Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default More Skill Tokens

Involving skill please.

This "HIT ALL THE ARROWS AS GOODS LOL" and "GET EXACTLY 145 AVERAGES EHHS HEHE" is just retarded. Most of it is blind luck, the averages reqs mess with your PA, and most of all: THEY'RE NOT FUN.

Make more that involve FCing, SDGing, or AAAing a song. Those tokens test skill far more than the **** we've been getting so far.

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
TK_yesillkillubitchboez
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TK_yesillkillubitchboez Send a message via Yahoo to TK_yesillkillubitchboez
Default Re: More Skill Tokens

Amen

Like Games? Go here! join the forums! Now in Gold phase!
http://arcade.x3nopro.com/downloads.html

TK_yesillkillubitchboez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Involving skill please.

This "HIT ALL THE ARROWS AS GOODS LOL" and "GET EXACTLY 145 AVERAGES EHHS HEHE" is just retarded. Most of it is blind luck, the averages reqs mess with your PA, and most of all: THEY'RE NOT FUN.

Make more that involve FCing, SDGing, or AAAing a song. Those tokens test skill far more than the **** we've been getting so far.
But if more tokens are just FC, SDG, and AAA songs, then the same people will get the tokens and even more people wont have fun with this =]

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #4
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
But if more tokens are just FC, SDG, and AAA songs, then the same people will get the tokens and even more people wont have fun with this =]
Well, the point of skill tokens was never to let everyone have them, or have I missed something?

EDIT- And reqs such as "Passing the Yoshi Bonus round" are a great example of a req that actually marginally tests skill, and is fun for just about everyone, even a noob.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #5
WitchoftheSand
ya GOOSE
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WitchoftheSand Send a message via Yahoo to WitchoftheSand Send a message via Skype™ to WitchoftheSand

It's just different kinds of skill. It doesn't mess with your pa if you're finding different ways of getting it.

From all these average tokens, I definitely know how to get averages now. From the recent Mario token, I discovered a new way to get goods.

If you're a very skilled player who can AAA 90% of the songs on FFR, it stands to reason why they wouldn't just say "sdg that" and such. The legends have to have difficulty with the tokens as well, or it's just too easy.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:51 PM   #6
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
Well, the point of skill tokens was never to let everyone have them, or have I missed something?
Well some people have different skills. Getting all goods is still a skill just like getting all perfects. Personally, I'd rather see skill tokens with a lot of variety rather than just every token being unlock bye getting SDG or a FC

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
Old 07-10-2007, 09:52 PM   #7
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchoftheSand View Post
If you're a very skilled player who can AAA 90% of the songs on FFR
Let's be generous and assume that 1% of FFR falls into this category. Thus, only about 1% of skill tokens should be designed with them in mind.

Now, for that other 99%...

Old 07-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
Serialization
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Serialization Send a message via Skype™ to Serialization

Yeah trying to get all the new ones are just retarded. But im also not as good as some people are so its from my perspective.

Usually i try try and try. Get frustrated give up and then mope around ffr for 2 hours. Gah MORE FC'S!
Serialization is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
WitchoftheSand
ya GOOSE
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to WitchoftheSand Send a message via Yahoo to WitchoftheSand Send a message via Skype™ to WitchoftheSand

That is not the point. The point is that there are different kinds of skill, and just because a token is difficult for you, doesn't mean that it was a stupid idea to begin with.

If someone wants to have skill in all aspects of FFR, they should be able to have timing down infinitely well in a song. Meaning, they can control how many averages/goods they want.

I vote people should stop whining about it and either a) whore the song until you gain the token and a feeling of accomplishment or b) wait until later when you have more patience or just more skill in that area.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:59 PM   #10
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchoftheSand View Post
That is not the point. The point is that there are different kinds of skill, and just because a token is difficult for you, doesn't mean that it was a stupid idea to begin with.

If someone wants to have skill in all aspects of FFR, they should be able to have timing down infinitely well in a song. Meaning, they can control how many averages/goods they want.

I vote people should stop whining about it and either a) whore the song until you gain the token and a feeling of accomplishment or b) wait until later when you have more patience or just more skill in that area.
agree with you 100%
well said

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
Old 07-10-2007, 10:01 PM   #11
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

They got much too carried away with the requisite for the new token, imho

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:15 PM   #12
hi19hi19
lol happy

I always thought of the skill tokens for v2s actually making sense. Like, for a hard song with an easy v2, the req would be like "get a 100 combo before failing"

That way a noob could unlock the easier v2 and enjoy it.

For an easy song with a harder v2, the req should be like "AAA the easy song"
That way, when you outgrow the easy steps you get a new set of harder steps.

For non-v2s I pretty much don't care, go ahead and do random stuff. But for v2s, all I'm asking for is to make the skill tokens make a little sense.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #13
Shashakiro
TWO THOUZAND COMBO

Send a message via AIM to Shashakiro

I'm in total agreement with this thread, especially after the disaster that is the Starman req.

Will talk to others about this ASAP, this is getting ridiculous. When I pushed for skill tokens, I didn't imagine that something like 75% of them would force you to do badly to get them--this current stuff may be a "different type of skill" but it's a different type of skill that no one cares about. I coined the term "skill token", and I by skill, I meant actual skill at the game itself, not an assortment of random garbage skills that do not get you ranks, highscores, tierpoints, AAA's, or anything.

I don't mind having a few of them, but I greatly mind them being anything other than the vast minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogiebear
use ur bain. Itz there for a reason.

Last edited by Shashakiro; 07-10-2007 at 10:23 PM..
Shashakiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 PM   #14
intensez
FFR Player

Well doing badly actually helped me. It helped me find the timing for averages and goods. I seem to know when to hit perfects, goods, and averages. After a while, though, it gets annoying.

I can 100% agree that these tokens are a bit ridiculous to earn. They don't really require skill. For example, the skill token "Hellbeat v2" is still very hard to earn &, after being up for maybe more than a year, only few people have actually earned it. That is how a skill token should be. The same goes for the Yoshi Bonus Round. I still see users complaining about it's difficulty, but, after long amounts of time, they earn it.

In a way, this is somewhat good and bad. The good thing about all this is how many skill tokens are. The bad thing is how to earn them. Maybe if the future ones have a different way of earning them, such as BFing a song or FCing a difficult song(such as B.B. Revenge), I would enjoy them a little more. Another good thing is that not all users, even the best FFR players, can't earn them sometimes. It kind of gives the not-as-good users a sense of accomplishment.

EDIT: Another great idea. Make a new token req. Skill Tokens, Normal Tokens, and ZOMG(IDK) Tokens.

Last edited by intensez; 07-10-2007 at 10:52 PM..
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #15
buttonmasher0
FFR Player

I agree with hihi, we should just make something like two different types of tokens, one for people who aren't as skilled as the top people, and another type for the more seasoned players of FFR, that way no one can complain about a token being to easy or hard unless your stuck in the middle.
buttonmasher0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 PM   #16
dfrXtreme
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dfrXtreme

I cant WAIT for Tass to get back. JK and LD make them so hard. Of course they only make the songs i want most super hard to get. I want more things like lets see spontaneos hydroxi and Hellbeat v2 and Dazzling Destiny instead of Moonlight man and Zephon and all that crap.

dfrXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:52 PM   #17
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Different type of skill...give me a break...you don't get points for doing leisure studies homework in a physics class. This is FFR and and skill = doing well on a song not poorly D:

I really agree with this. I'm getting sick of the atrocious number of skill tokens that arn't skill related. The whole point of the skill tokens are to show off your skill and be rewarded for it in a new and fun way...so whether the requirement is absurdly hard or easy it shouldn't matter as long as it's actually skill related -.-

It might not even be that annoying to have *unusual* tokens here and there but the majority of the tokens are turning out to be non skill related and it shouldn't be that way.

Last edited by Reach; 07-10-2007 at 10:59 PM..
Reach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #18
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

Only things I think good for skill token req are Hellbeat and Destiny.
also, reqs like AAA, or under xx goods are ok for a standard reqs.

But reqs like get exactly xx goods, or get MORE than xxx goods/averages/misses/boos are just retarded.

Also is it needed that you have to set such a harsh req on not that hard songs like Zephon or Syage, or even Midnight?
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:14 PM   #19
intensez
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Different type of skill...give me a break...
If anything more than else, a new token area should be made if these type of tokens were to continue. Something like "WTF?" or "ZOMG" should come into effect.
Quote:
you don't get points for doing leisure studies homework in a physics class. This is FFR and and skill = doing well on a song not poorly D:
Very true. Skill tokens should require you to do something, you know, "with skill". Passing the Yoshi Bonus Round was probably the best one in my opinion. This actually does require *some* skill to earn.
Quote:
I really agree with this. I'm getting sick of the atrocious number of skill tokens that arn't skill related. The whole point of the skill tokens are to show off your skill and be rewarded for it in a new and fun way...so whether the requirement is absurdly hard or easy it shouldn't matter as long as it's actually skill related -.-
All true I think. 62 new skill tokens is nice, but if almost all of them are stupidly annoying to get, what's the point? Getting Calm N' Slow was one of the easiest skill tokens to get. You don't even need skill to get it.
Quote:
It might not even be that annoying to have *unusual* tokens here and there but the majority of the tokens are turning out to be non skill related and it shouldn't be that way.
Exactly.

Last edited by intensez; 07-10-2007 at 11:18 PM..
intensez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:20 PM   #20
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimerax View Post
Only things I think good for skill token req are Hellbeat and Destiny.
also, reqs like AAA, or under xx goods are ok for a standard reqs.

But reqs like get exactly xx goods, or get MORE than xxx goods/averages/misses/boos are just retarded.

Also is it needed that you have to set such a harsh req on not that hard songs like Zephon or Syage, or even Midnight?

I agree with you 100,000%

If anything though, the difficulty of the skill token should be dependent on the difficulty of the song that is to be unlocked- To get exactly 9 goods on Takecore for a song like Zephon? That's insane. To get Syage for getting over a 600+ combo on Piano Etude? That's like saying, oh hi here's a free AAA

Don't get me started on Starman. Now, I really don't want to throw this out there since I like kgz and all, but I don't expect steps for a song like Starman to be all that spectacular

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote