Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456
Default President Bush

Do you agree or disagree with that actions Bush has taken during his 2 terms in office? Do you think Bush has proper justification on the war in Iraq or do you think the war is pointless?

Discuss

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
DARKSAMUS
FFR Player

Default Re: President Bush

Bush is making a right choice. But think about what kind of pussys we would be leaving this war and allowing al-queda to continue bombing other countries (including us) Terrorist can't be left around killing everyone. If we back out of this war now like the Liberals want, this whole war then would probably be pointless like you had said before adam.
DARKSAMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:42 PM   #3
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Pointless.
He wants money, power, and the oil in the middle east.
There'd probably be a more stable situation in Iraq if there wasn't all this fighting.
But I'm Canadian, so what should I care.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 PM   #4
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

what kind of question is that? too broad. there are a few things i agree with to go along with the things i disagree with. no child left behind is garbage, i'll say that. and there's a lot of environmental concerns that he should have addressed but didn't. the supreme court seems to be more about partisan bull**** than actual law now because of him, but i suppose you could say that whenever a justice is added.

as for the war, we shouldn't have done it without the un's approval. it's good that saddam isn't in power anymore, and I sympathize with the president in that for an operation like this, it's not really possible to create a timeline for bringing the troops home. and we should remain there until the countries stabilized, but i just don't know when/if that will ever happen. i never saw the connection between 9/11 and iraq and i think it's despicable that it was used as the impetus.

just to get the ball rolling, i'll go ahead and make a bad blanket statement: The war in Iraq is unwinnable, it's another Vietnam and we can't fix it.

*waits for guido*
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #5
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

I guess the first question is pretty broad, thats why i added that Iraq war because i was hearing alot of that in the democratic and republican debates

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

"al-queda" (Al Qaeda) which you speak of has never directly attacked the United States. I believe Bush's actions are continuing the stupid US policy of disturbing international affairs and becoming a world police. Surveys show that the number of Iraqis who are happy about their situations in their country has dropped significantly since the US invasion in '03. Don't say, "Mission Accomplished" in a war and then continue sending tens of thousands of your troops to battle, not to mention killing so many civilians. Most of the troops that have been sent overseas are of a lower social class and have less opportunities and education. Meanwhile, congressmen and politicians are usually richer and given a better education, and their sons and daughters are usually exempt from going to war. If Bush had children who went to war and died, perhaps he would realize how people feel about disturbing such a far away area at the expense of the lives of young people, creating a hatred against Americans, and getting nearly nothing done, seemingly, over a four-year span. Bush wants power and oil in the Middle East, as stated before. He says that this is not the main reason, and that scientists are working on developing hydrogen-powered cars. However, he won't reveal the reality that hydrogen-powered cars are actually extremely inefficient machines and would require an astronomical amount of money to slow pollution significantly. Was Saddam Hussein wrong in his ideologies? Yes. Should he have been overthrown? Yes. Should we have interfered with Iraqi politics, allegedly staged fake elections, forced people to submit to our type of political regime, and engaged in combat AFTER getting rid of the dictator? Nope.

Last edited by ledwix; 05-22-2007 at 05:56 PM..
ledwix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #7
WeissPraline
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to WeissPraline

I'll say this first:

I'm a republican. But I dislike Bush...a lot.

I was young when the war started, so i don't know much about it. I do know this, though- We started the war, so we might as well finish it. If we don't, then everyone who died for the war will have died in vain, and they joined the army to fight what the beleive in.

That's my take on the war. I'm glad we got rid of the terrorists, but I agree with whoever said it was unwinnable. It's kinda pointless, terrorists will always be around.

I don't think bush did it for money, though.

I do think he should have done more for the envorioment. We're running low on oil; this isn't something new. People need to stop thinking about now, and worry about our kids, and our kids' kids- we're messing up, and they'll have to pay for it.

My biggest thing with Bush is how he banned gay marriage. It honestly disgusts me to say I'm a republican now that he did that- It goes against American values. What happened to being free? Isn't that what our god da*n country was founded for, freedom?

Call me crazy, but weather you like gays or not, prohibiting them from marrying and joining the army does NOT sound like freedom to me.
WeissPraline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
DARKSAMUS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledwix View Post
"al-queda" (Al Qaeda) which you speak of has never directly attacked the United States.
Idiot what do you think 9/11 was when the world trade center collapsed to the ground because of terrorists from Al-Queda.
DARKSAMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:08 PM   #9
WeissPraline
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSAMUS View Post
Idiot what do you think 9/11 was when the world trade center collapsed to the ground because of terrorists from Al-Queda.
That's nice. Call him an idiot because he doesn't agree with you.

Niceee.

If I recall correctly, wasn't it BIN LADEN who staged 9/11, and isn't he in Afghanastan? That's what I remember hearing, anyways.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #10
trillobyite
FFR Player

There's no point arguing over the reasons of entering Iraq in the first place. It was clearly a major mess-up, but what the USA has to focus on now is either getting out or stabilizing the country. Unfortunately it seems like both are almost impossible.

Iraq is not some country under siege and occupation by evil Americans, and I get really pissed when that is said. The tensions existed under Saddam, but with his regime toppled, the hatreds that exist between Shiites and Sunnis and Kurds are exploding. Whether you believe an opressive dictatorship which commits genocide against its own people is better than a nightmarish chaos in which each side slaughters the other is up to you. But both suck, and right now it is in the state of the latter. The US is the only force trying to bring peace, rather than conflict, to the region.

Most of the civilians, in fact, almost all, dead in Iraq are killed by Iraqis themselves, by car-bombs, by the blowing up of funerals, by the blowing up of rescue workers at blown up funerals, by blowing up restaurants, building fences around communities of certain ethnicities..yadayadayada. And nations like Iran, which were previously hateful of countries like Iraq (100,000 dead in Iraq-Iran war) see this oppurtunity as ripe for exploitation; they send arms and men to whatever side they support regularly, and then blame others for the problems caused there.

And the worst, is that 70% of Iraqis, by the polls think it is too early for the US to leave. In another poll, 70% of Iraqis feel it is justified to attack US soldiers. Now you tell me how the hell to interpret that.

WeissPrailine, Bin Laden is the leader of Al Qaeda, his associates and the hijackers were members too.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html

Last edited by trillobyite; 05-22-2007 at 06:12 PM..
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Don't flame someone just because you don't like what they have to say.

Terrorist organizations take credit for all manner of things that they weren't necessarily responsible for. Yes, there are more than enough links between the terrorists who were responsible for that attack and Al Qaeda, more than enough for me to say "Yes, Al Qaeda was responsible for carrying out that attack" But not necessarily enough for everybody. Try to keep your objections calm and rational.

The part I find ironic about 9/11 as a justification for any of this conflict is that the two countries that were attacked "Because of" 9/11 (Afghanistan and Iraq) had nothing to do with the actual attacks. Of the terrorists involved, the vast majority (Might even have been all of them, I'm not positive) were Egyptian and Saudi Arabian, and yet nothing was done to those governments for "supporting terrorism"
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:17 PM   #12
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

You know, I could waste a bunch of time explaining why I don't like George W. Bush as a president, but really, it isn't going to change a damn thing.

...not like George W. Bush would care what I think anyway.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:26 PM   #13
WeissPraline
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillobyite View Post

WeissPrailine, Bin Laden is the leader of Al Qaeda, his associates and the hijackers were members too.
Whoops. xD My mistake. I didn't know that. As I said, I'm not to hip on the war on Iraq- I don't really know what's going on. Probobly shouldn't pass judgements, should I? =/
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #14
Master_of_the_Faster
FFR Player

I don't like President Bush at all period. My views are clearly democratic and his are republican. There has been clear evidence that voting polls were rigged in favor of Bush by the voting machine company Diebold. He wanted to go to war because of "weapons of mass destruction" which resulted in removing and killing Suddam Hussein. Many people didn't like Suddam, but the people felt that his existence in Iraq gave more protection than the Americans who are now in Iraq. Suddam should have been handled in a different method. Bush even claimed to have had a "mission accomplished" even though I see nothing done. Atleast I will give him the gratitude of finding some terrorist suspects of the Al Quida though he hasn't found Osama Bin Laden. I clearly feel as though this war is pointless, but that democrats and republicans (especially republicans because Bush started this) should work togather to eventually find a peaceful solution in Iraq.

Last edited by Master_of_the_Faster; 05-22-2007 at 07:05 PM..
Master_of_the_Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
trillobyite
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_of_the_Faster View Post
I don't like President Bush at all period. My views are clearly democratic and his are republican. There has been clear evidence that voting polls were rigged in favor of Bush by the voting machine company Diebold. He wanted to go to war because of "weapons of mass destruction" which resulted in removing and killing Suddam Hussein. Many people didn't like Suddam, but the people felt that his existence in Iraq gave more protection than the Americans who are now in Iraq. Suddam should have been handled in a different method. Bush even claimed to have had a "mission accomplished" even though I see nothing done. Atleast I will give him the gratitude of finding some terrorist suspects of the Al Quida though he hasn't found Osama Bin Laden. I clearly feel as though this war is pointless, but that democrats and republicans (especially republicans because Bush started this) should work togather to eventually find a peaceful solution in Iraq.
Are you sure....? I remember a bunch of lawsuits and attacks on Diebold, but not for specifically rigging the election, rather exposing flaws and irregularities in the voting equipment.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #16
Master_of_the_Faster
FFR Player

No... I am very sure about the fact that Diebold rigged the election, but I'm still looking for the documentry that showed this. Even still, if I am wrong about this (which I'm most likely not), the main issue is about what people feel about his presidency and the justification of the war in Iraq.

Last edited by Master_of_the_Faster; 05-22-2007 at 07:17 PM..
Master_of_the_Faster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #17
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
You know, I could waste a bunch of time explaining why I don't like George W. Bush as a president, but really, it isn't going to change a damn thing.

...not like George W. Bush would care what I think anyway.
And sometimes people don't like reading gigantic blocks of text.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #18
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

If people don't want to read a large block of text that actually explains a position with reasoning and evidence, then they should be looking elsewhere.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:24 PM   #19
xWnLx Crisco
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_of_the_Faster View Post
No... I am very sure about the fact that Diebold rigged the election, but I'm still looking for the documentry that showed this. Even still, if I am wrong about this (which I'm most likely not), the main issue is about what people feel about his presidency and the justification of the war in Iraq.
You prove your point well...........

Well to the people that do not live in the United States most of the opinions about President Bush are false or just what they are......opinions.

From having to choose over Kerry and Bush, it wasn't a very hard choice.

So far the 9-11 attacks, Iraq death rate, and gas prices are all blamed on president bush. Which is hilarious to me because some people have forgotten the 3 government branches we have that can rule another out.

Congress is who declares war; The President can veto a bill (which he has done recently if any of you watch the news) and the Supreme Court.

Let’s start with Oil,

First of all it’s Dick Cheney that has shares in major oil companies but he sure doesn't decide if he wants an increase or not.

The Oil Industry is not government regulated like it is in other countries so they have a free range to charge what ever they feel. They use marketing skills to "scare" the public into thinking that there will be shortage or the winter was to harsh for oil companies so they have to raise it for the summer months. It’s all a scam and it works great, think about it this way they could charge up to $6.00 a gallon and I would still have to pay for it because I have to go to work.

Next we shall start with his decision to go into Iraq,

Now we can sit here and argue about how the threat of WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) was the encouragement for the war to take place. But if you disagree the fact that there weren't any at all then you are false. Iraq was warned in the late 90s about having to remove all of the possible WMD and put them out of commission. Now one thing that is debatable is what is a WMD? There could or couldn't of been WMD in Iraq after 9-11 but the fact that we went in to get rid of the problem before it was a problem. I hope you remember that Bill Clinton launched hundreds of Cruise Missiles into Iraq for a warning about the WMDs so let’s not blame President Bush for starting the war. President Bush did what HE thought was best for my country instead of sit and wait until another 9-11 happened. I felt that his decision was part of what he promised when he ran for President and he never let me down. The situation that we have now is that there are car bombers, 9 year olds with AK-47s, land mines, you name it they are out there killing UN Soldiers every day and we can't do anything about it. For those that think the Iraqis hate the US Soldiers then please go talk to one that just came back from a tour or actually pack your bags and visit it. There has been great progress but it’s the simple fact that if we left now what we just built will fall and be open to any kind of terrorist organization.

I’m not Republican or Democrat because I choose what I want for my country out of each and every candidate and choose the one that had the most of what I like. It is not possible to have a perfect president so sorry to disturb your parade. President Bush has put his foot down and led a country which I can freely say right now that none of you could mentally handle. We are alive, we are not in a depression, the stock market is booming with record highs and so on. To say president bush is the worst leader we have had is a false statement and should result into getting slapped in public.
xWnLx Crisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #20
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

Quote:
Excuse me; I meant to say that Iraq has never threatened to attack America or attacked America, which is more relevant to the subject. Iraq is what we are talking about, not Al Qaeda, so I hope you read the rest of what I wrote.
ledwix is offline   Reply With Quote