Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #15421
Afrombean
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

since jason didn't cross post this like I asked him to (i guess he must have been afk or something)

http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1409347
Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom
No he doesn't. He's permamently #1.

Upper left corner behind minimap. >_> He told Star to kill and she took her sweet time doing so and he was running all around. xD Grats to her on leveling too (180).

Old 03-16-2008, 07:13 AM   #15422
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Oh yeah well

I had a much better day.

By the way the GM Roar-killed that mob after a minute or two because it was causing MASSIVE lag. I leveled and gained 30% on top of that. The EXP in the corner is from the Skelegons that are behind all the Paps. About 500 were spawned right before all those Paps showed up. Kind of annoying. Immediately after this the server crashed. Then when it came back up he thought it'd be fun to spawn 5 Zakums. The server crashed again shortly after.

Then we had an NX event which I was way too busy in to screencap. Basically, they mass-spawn Jr Lucidas. Each one drops one random cash shop item. Yes, any random clothing item. That means it can drop one from a stash of hundreds of options. Needless to say I filled up on my Spearman despite having max Equip inventory slots in about 10 minutes. Relogged onto my Cleric and he filled up too. This is the result of what I got:

Yeah, you're jealous.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:38 AM   #15423
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Finnaly got into a zak run sunday morning to have one of the members enter the alter with ME following not knowing i wasnt supposed to go in, he said leave, i left. I clicked adobis again thinking someone else had already hold a spot then i entered again, and couldnt go in again after i left again. Stupid people dont know what they are doing and ruined my sunday morning... ./end rant
Old 03-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #15424
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpr0721 View Post
Finnaly got into a zak run sunday morning to have one of the members enter the alter with ME following not knowing i wasnt supposed to go in, he said leave, i left. I clicked adobis again thinking someone else had already hold a spot then i entered again, and couldnt go in again after i left again. Stupid people dont know what they are doing and ruined my sunday morning... ./end rant
That's kind of funny.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #15425
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
That's kind of funny.
shut up afro, its hard enough as it is to get into a zak...=/
Old 03-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #15426
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

See, this is probably the reason I don't like NX cash. Wearing too much makes you look ugly. Anyway, I'll play my archer a little more when I have the time. It's unfortunate that I may be sucked back into Odin, all my friends have picked up the pace and hit 70, so we will be hitting ynp and then the zombies that drop Dragon Tails in ludi around 80.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 02:01 AM   #15427
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What

that is not ugly

that is badass

well with the exception of the kite but i really didn't like my cape and the other options were even worse so yeah
Old 03-17-2008, 02:09 AM   #15428
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

So yea, i grinded all day today. I lvled for about 6 hours, got 55% in that time. Finished my lvl at himes, and then rode boats and talked to npcs for about an hour and half. Didnt want to hunt for 10 hours to even get my job adv so i just bought the damn scroll for 10 mil. But yea now im a shadower yay ^^

:::EDIT:::
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly View Post
In case any of you guys still care, here's what I've been up to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTsHyOMXE8
Watched the video, that looks like it could be a lot of fun.

Check them out =] Great new band

Last edited by BreatheIntoMe; 03-17-2008 at 02:23 AM..
Old 03-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #15429
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote

Uh, Bonk, those are two entirely different characters. >_>
One's a bandit, the other's an assassin. The bandit just hit 120, but the assassin is just approaching 70 now.

And I favorited the page at the end of Noah's video.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:54 AM   #15430
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

uh bonk

that's a different character...

his sin which is 50 there is only 63 at present
Old 03-17-2008, 12:05 PM   #15431
B0NK
FFR Player

Oh, well I suck dicks then.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:23 PM   #15432
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Local opened registrations.

Local closed registrations.

Told you so. Hope some of you got in.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #15433
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Well, Spring Break arrived, so now I have a week worth of free time to play games. First thing I did was hit 70 on my priest, so now I have two 70s ready for 3rd job when it releases, which I hope is soon. I really want to make a Spearman in my 3rd slot, but my silly friends all made bandits.

Also, I intend to get on Local a little later to level my xbow if he's still there.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #15434
MarlonX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to MarlonX Send a message via MSN to MarlonX

I got a local account but can't download the client.

1 client isn't working. 1 gave me an error when I downloaded it. And the fontfile one requires a password (or so it says). The last one is the 8 part download which I'm too lazy to download.

I WOULD post on the forums but my account isn't activated (even though I've been registered for months).

Lol.

EDIT: Played it. F***ing sucks.

Last edited by MarlonX; 03-21-2008 at 10:42 PM..
Old 03-22-2008, 04:22 AM   #15435
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

What sucks about it?

Anyway, the GMs just did a global announcement that pissed everyone off. They go "hey, we're not going to do events as often anymore."

We were pissed.

"We're not going to do them because you're going to be too busy playing with 3rd job skills."

And thus they released third job in LocalMS. Every skill for DKs works. Well, all the useful ones. I don't know if Power Crash or Dragon Blood works. Fury, Crusher, Roar, and Sacrifice work.

ps - anyone ever wonder what a DK at level 200 would be like if Dragon Roar didn't actually cut your HP / MP at all and didn't have the stun effect and was totall spammable? Look no further!

Personally, I think it's fun to be able to stand in the middle of the Skelegon map, use Dragon Roar, and hit everything on the map for 15,000-20,000 damage, then do it again and again and again and boom everything's dead. It's like Genesis except it doesn't suck and it only takes 40 mp or whatever to use.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-22-2008 at 05:04 AM..
Old 03-22-2008, 07:59 AM   #15436
MarlonX
FFR Player

Woo, they got third job. -_- I'm a priest. Half of my skills don't work.

Anyways, unless yesterday was a crappish day, I lagged out every 5 minutes, and the server is extremely unstable. The lag is unbearable. And some NPCs don't even work.

Tespia beats Local anyday. =\

And they could at least have storage working. I'm thinking about starting over my priest. Now I need someone to transfer for me.

Last edited by MarlonX; 03-22-2008 at 08:15 AM..
Old 03-22-2008, 02:02 PM   #15437
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The server usually stays up for an hour or two at a time. Not five minutes. It's not unstable. There's no lag. The only NPCs that don't work are the pointless ones.

Tespia sucks because you have to spend all your time doing the bull**** work. They only bring you to 162 and say "here's 50x EXP, go do the rest of the work yourself!". I'm 162 on my Bishop there, spent several hours grinding for Dragon Hearts to max Bahamut, and got 2%. Yeah, seriously! Not even a level up! Not even a tenth of a level up. I grind on my spearman for 30-60 minutes and I level. With 2nd job skills. And I need 2 billion EXP to level up once.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #15438
MarlonX
FFR Player

Yesterday was an extremely crappish day in local - even so... the server being up for an hour or two isn't impressive.

And I agree, tespia wasn't as easy because they didn't gift you the advancements or skills (I'm assuming when 4th job is released in local they'll just GIVE you all the skills). But it was fun. Not for you - because you don't want to do any work, you just want to level up to 200, and kick everythings ass, then get bored of the game a few weeks from now.

There is lag. Unless the 2-3 second kill delay, and 3-5 second pick up delay is just me... there's lag. And it wasn't hard to level on Tespia. I got to 165. Only about 5% of the time I spent on Tespia was training, the rest I was too busy getting skills, or helping other people get skills.

Spamming blizzard at jr. newties would easily get me a few % every 10 minutes. So it wasn't hard.

They could at least have storage working. D: That's just one of the things that really ticked me off.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #15439
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

That's just you.

There's zero kill or pick-up delay in Local. The server is right here in the USA. The lag is on OdinMS, which houses the server in Germany. In Local, I can kill 100 monsters, then run across their remains holding pick up and get every single thing they dropped.

Who needs storage? Seriously? Get a friend or go to Amoria with both characters. Nobody ever goes to Amoria. You can drop trade to your heart's content. I've been drop-trading everything from ilbis to scrolls and perfect work gloves. No problem at all.

And yes, I will get bored of the game. That's the point. I want closure. I've been playing Maple for almost five years now. I want to get to the point in the game where I can legitimately say "I've beaten this game."

To me, the fun of Maple is taken away by all the bull**** the official game does to extend its longevity. Every major necessary quest in the game requires so many hoops you have to jump through for a minimal reward. I mean, let's go for Bahamut. That was the skill I found the least retarded to earn. And what do I have to do? Get 150 rare drops from monsters that do 3,000+ damage and take 10-15 hits to kill. That's the LEAST retarded. If you think games where you get things for little to no work at all suck, look at World of Warcraft! You just BUY skills from an NPC! And they're cheap as hell!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:03 PM   #15440
MarlonX
FFR Player

I can't even kill 100 monsters. I disconnect before I could even hit the 50 kill mark.

It's not just me because I've noticed that some people are complaining about how unstable the servers been lately. That even the admins don't know what's causing it.

That was yesterday though. I don't know how the game is today because I haven't had the chance to login.

I'll try again today. And I'm gonna restart my priest, make it luckless. Is there any NPC that warps you to NLC? I'd like some pots. Also, if you get any spare level 64 maple item (the staff), let me know, I'd like to buy (or have ) it.

EDIT: Played it. F***ing sucks. So much lag.

Last edited by MarlonX; 03-22-2008 at 06:13 PM..
Closed Thread