Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-3-2008, 10:55 PM   #1801
zidart
FFR Player

Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
lol if I ever played someone who just ran away until they got an item I would jump off the edge till I ran out of lives. Theres nothing fun or skillful about that.
the fun thing is break their strategy. the most satisfying thing ever is destroying the strategy of your oponent, even if you need to team up with your enemy (if it's a 4Vs4)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2008, 10:55 PM   #1802
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
lol if I ever played someone who just ran away until they got an item I would jump off the edge till I ran out of lives. Theres nothing fun or skillful about that.
That's exactly my point and also exactly what i would do. Except for in squeeks case i'd humiliate him once and then never play him again unless he changed his so called "technique".
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2008, 11:05 PM   #1803
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Why the hell would I change what works?

Relambrien, none of those are worthy of being called a "flame". A flame is something I'd ban over as per the rules. Those are all more or less trash talking.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2008, 11:11 PM   #1804
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Then you shouldn't have told me to look up the definition of the word "flame." Because guess what, a flame is an insult. Doesn't matter what sort of strength it is. Maybe you're the one who should've looked it up.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2008, 11:13 PM   #1805
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Those are hardly insults. Admit it, you were reaching on at least half of them.
Old 02-3-2008, 11:18 PM   #1806
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Not nearly half. Some, yes, the ones I'd designated, but not NEARLY half. For all others, I could clearly see the insult.

As a matter of fact, most every post in this "debate" has carried some tone of derision or scorn, as if the person is disgusted at what they're seeing, or looks down upon the others. In some posts, that tone manifested itself into an actual insult.

Last edited by Relambrien; 02-3-2008 at 11:24 PM..
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-3-2008, 11:33 PM   #1807
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

And why shouldn't I be annoyed? I have every right!

Over and over again, without even seeing the way I play, let alone playing against me, people claim that I'm terrible at this game. What's worse is even though someone posted an article about how nothing in a game is really "cheap" and that calling something cheap indicates a lack of skill, people still call what I do "cheap".

If you give me ammunition, I will fire the cannon. It's as simple as that.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...postcount=1659

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2rawr
http://www.sirlin.net/archive/playing-to-win-part-1/

lol @ the scrubs in this article.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the article
the scrub labels a wide variety of tactics and situations "cheap."
Again, I don't see how strategically choosing when to strike is "cheap", but if you endorse this article (which endorses all aspects of competitive play like wavedashing and the like), then you're basically calling yourself a 'scrub' as he calls it. Oops.

Also, this personal back-and-forthing has always bothered me. I'm on AIM a lot more often these days. This type of conversation might just be better suited for a direct connection.

Last edited by Squeek; 02-3-2008 at 11:42 PM..
Old 02-3-2008, 11:43 PM   #1808
danny53x
AKA Yotipo
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to danny53x

Hay I heard SSBB is going to be cool 8D;
(but srsly, how can such levels of apprehension of strategy exceed those of SSBM ;_)

*tries to break conversation above*
Old 02-3-2008, 11:59 PM   #1809
Hylian
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Hylian

Advanced tactics are in Brawl...just different:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmIkv9S0nwc

Hylian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2008, 12:50 AM   #1810
Afrombean
FFR Player

hey dumb butts why is this thread littered with stupidity when it should be littered with awesome

To be honest, I hadn't been paying attention to Brawl so much lately, but I have a story I feel I must tell. In addition, it actually has to do with Brawl, and has nothing to do with Melee or arguments over whether abusing glitches or using what the game gives you is fair or not.

So I go into Circuit City with my Dad and sister because they need to return something. They go over to the customer service line and I decide to go take a look at the games to see if anything piques my interest. Nothing impressive, really, but then I saw a thing to preorder Brawl. Now, I believe this was on February 1st, and this is important because the preorder slip said "coming in February 08" or something. So I was like "woah I haven't been paying attention and this is totally going to be out soon." Oh and another thing: preordering gets you a free 10 dollar gift card. Cool. Anyway, when I get home, I type in Super Smash Bros Brawl into my Google bar and go to the wikipedia article and it says March. So yeah, got my hopes up a bit.

ps I saw a video with final smashes a while back and most of them are rather good looking, except for my choice character... Pikachu's looks gay as hell.

Last edited by Afrombean; 02-4-2008 at 12:54 AM..
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2008, 12:53 AM   #1811
Hylian
FFR Player

Marths FS is BROKEN.

XD.

Also, I will be playing this game next week. My friend has it imported and I will be playing it non-stop.

If you have any questions about the game you can ask me.

Old 02-4-2008, 01:07 AM   #1812
Nikfighter31
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Nikfighter31

haha, im so obsesd with smash. i cant wait till brawl!
Nikfighter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2008, 01:14 AM   #1813
Shadowlessheart
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Shadowlessheart

What ever happened to playing video games for the fun of it? Does it really matter who is the best over all? I mean come on, honestly nobody is gonna care, nobody will know who you are, and certainly there's always gonna be a better person than you.

Although I'm sure I'll get hell for coming out and saying "Hey remember what it was like to have fun?!?!" I still think it's important to point out that this game isn't just aimed at people who sit on their couch all day figuring out glitches and worthless strategy's like for instance I believe that think was called Wave Dashing? Look, it's not like you'll all be playing each other so I could just come out and tell you I'm the best player you'll ever play...and it'd be meaningless I can't back it up, but I don't need to, cause it's the internet, and if I say it's true, than *gasp* it is...oh but what about that video? Let me do what like 90% of the other people do, steal one and claim it as my own!

For the record, I'm not very good at the game, I suppose "better than avg." is okay, but one, can't back it up, and two, don't really give a damn if I'm good or not, it's still just fun to make your friends mad and have an overall good time !
Shadowlessheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2008, 01:43 AM   #1814
Hylian
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlessheart View Post
What ever happened to playing video games for the fun of it? Does it really matter who is the best over all? I mean come on, honestly nobody is gonna care, nobody will know who you are, and certainly there's always gonna be a better person than you.

Although I'm sure I'll get hell for coming out and saying "Hey remember what it was like to have fun?!?!" I still think it's important to point out that this game isn't just aimed at people who sit on their couch all day figuring out glitches and worthless strategy's like for instance I believe that think was called Wave Dashing? Look, it's not like you'll all be playing each other so I could just come out and tell you I'm the best player you'll ever play...and it'd be meaningless I can't back it up, but I don't need to, cause it's the internet, and if I say it's true, than *gasp* it is...oh but what about that video? Let me do what like 90% of the other people do, steal one and claim it as my own!

For the record, I'm not very good at the game, I suppose "better than avg." is okay, but one, can't back it up, and two, don't really give a damn if I'm good or not, it's still just fun to make your friends mad and have an overall good time !
Can't we just drop this? You don't think competitive players have fun playing? Then why would they spend hundreds of dollars traveling across the USA just to play? Some people enjoy competition. They don't care how you play. You can still play with your friends and have just as much fun.

This has been discussed to death. Just drop it.

Lets focus on me playing brawl early . XD.

Old 02-4-2008, 01:51 AM   #1815
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

That's what we've covered in this thread. The problem we can't get rid of is people telling other people they suck. Everyone gets all defensive when others say we suck and a big flame fest, secretly described as a debate, happens.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2008, 01:53 AM   #1816
Matthew4444
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Matthew4444

You know, after seeing the video of Falco vs. Wolf, I gotta say that I'm loving this game. Shadow Moses looks like a great place to put a beatdown on your opponent when you feel more like making them suffer than knocking them away. Plus getting a person to a wall and beating them Jet Gatling Gun style just seems cool.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=kBpCXNnqD6A
Old 02-4-2008, 02:35 AM   #1817
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There's a Metal Gear in the background.

Banned from competitive play.
Old 02-4-2008, 07:08 AM   #1818
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

oh by the way, that article about playing to win seems to support the idea that abusing glitches is ok as long as everyone does it, even if the glitch is completely illogical and obviously an oversight of the programming

meaning he thinks wave dashing is good

but it also seems as though he would be of the opinion that limiting maps or items is counterproductive to the point of the game

So, clearly, we must all start wave dashing, playing Hyrule Temple, hurling items across the map at enemies, Homerun when in close quarters, etc. Sounds like tons of fun to me... except I'd probably have quite a bit harder time nailing enemies across the map when they're abusing glitches to travel super fast.
Old 02-4-2008, 07:19 AM   #1819
Zamiax
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Zamiax Send a message via MSN to Zamiax Send a message via Yahoo to Zamiax

I've seen sonic's final smash,.... its kind of a cheap move just moves around and kills everyone.
Zamiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-4-2008, 07:39 AM   #1820
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamiax View Post
I've seen sonic's final smash,.... its kind of a cheap move just moves around and kills everyone.
I've seen every character's final smash,..... they're kind of cheap move just move around and kills everyone

Man, I must be the King of Satire or something.