Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 09:49 PM   #141
ljw5021
FFR Player

Default Re: President Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxandlennon View Post
Actually, the whole "saddam pulled off 9-11" thing was disproven a loooooong time ago.
Who said Saddam pulled off 9/11?

I'm talking about the relationship between the first WTC bombings and the attacks of 9/11. Iraq is just so that the terrorists don't have access to the huge money pot that is oil.
ljw5021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #142
ljw5021
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird View Post
BUT, Clinton was elected. So, therefore, you have to suck it up and accept his mistake...since it is also your mistake. I mean, going by your logic.

You are only half right. Al Gore won the popular vote in 2000. Al Gore was elected by the people, not George W. Bush.

With your kind of patriotism, the United States would still be under British rule. If you want to live under a dictator, move to Iran.
I didn't vote, since I wasn't 18 at the time of Clinton's elections. Therefore, I can neither complain or be held responsible.

That's just too bad, since Bush won the electoral vote.

So because I'm not an ignoramus, then I'd be responsible for the overturn of the Revolutionary War. Great logic.

What is all this with dictators? I'm saying a democracy is run by leaders elected by the people. The people have the power in the election, the leader has the power in the office. What don't you people get about that? Am I the only sane person on these forums?
ljw5021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:12 PM   #143
marxandlennon
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw5021 View Post

I'm talking about the relationship between the first WTC bombings and the attacks of 9/11. Iraq is just so that the terrorists don't have access to the huge money pot that is oil.
Oh, I thought that's what you were talking about in your post earlier...my bad, i misinterpreted it.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:53 AM   #144
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw5021 View Post
I didn't vote, since I wasn't 18 at the time of Clinton's elections. Therefore, I can neither complain or be held responsible.

That's just too bad, since Bush won the electoral vote.

So because I'm not an ignoramus, then I'd be responsible for the overturn of the Revolutionary War. Great logic.

What is all this with dictators? I'm saying a democracy is run by leaders elected by the people. The people have the power in the election, the leader has the power in the office. What don't you people get about that? Am I the only sane person on these forums?
We don't elect a King for four years, we elect a president. The supreme power in a republic lies in the people and the president. Presidents can be impeached and are not infallible. A true representative would actually represent the will of the people, not enforce his will upon the people. Democracy, the people rule, it's in the name.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:53 AM   #145
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw5021
So it is your opinion then, that Iraq is funding Al-Qaeda? Rigidly secular Iraq is funding fanatically religious Al-Qaeda?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljw5021
Um...President Bush, for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by President Bush, Oct 7 2002
[Iraq and Al-Qaeda] had high-level contacts that go back a decade.
In in another speech:
Quote:
You can't distinguish between al Qaeda and Saddam when you talk about the war on terror.
In another speech that year in Cincinatti:
Quote:
We learned that Iraq has trained al Qaeda members in bomb-making, and poisons and deadly gases
I could go on...in fact, lets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Cheney on 'Meet the Press'
[it is] pretty well confirmed that Mohammad Arra, 9/11's lead hijacker did go to Prague and he did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April, several months before the attack.
Or again on a seperate visit to that show:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Cheney on the invasion of Iraq
We will have struck a major blow right in the heart of the base, if you will, the geographic base of the terrorists who have had us under assault now for many years, but most especially on 9/11
So um...the government made -many- and -blatant- connections between Iraq, al Qaeda and 9/11, which considering that the attack was carried off by Egyptians and Saudi Arabians, and Saddam has been on record repeatedly expressing complete and utter disagreement with the methods and ideology of Osama and al Qaeda, seems a bit of a stretch to me.

In fact, as soon as the connections between al Qaeda and Iraq were shot down by the world intelligence community (Most namely the British, the prime member of the 'coalition of the willing' no less) the American Government began a) denying that they said there was a concrete proven connection, and b) started saying that instead, it was all about nuclear weapons in Iraq.

I'm happy to provide quotes from plenty of documentation on the subject of the WMDs and Iraq if you'd like to argue that they did or were even trying to have such weapons.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 02:42 PM   #146
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)

But just because they didn't find WMDs doesn't mean they weren't there? M I RITE? They probably snuck the WMDs across the border into Iran. I say we go start a war with Iran...and anyone else who wants to take the US on.

WE ARE INVINCIBLE ALL BOW BEFORE THE MIGHTY DIVIDED STATES OF AMERICA.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #147
shatteredgravity
FFR Player

honestly, i liked president bush when he first came in. now hes just doing no good for us. for petes sake, get the poor soliders out of there! theyre only dying more and more everyday and killing more and more and doing no good. if the people come and blow us up, maybe we deserve it, i dont know. the world seems like it might as well end. its only becoming worse and worse. president bush is just not doing the hottest of jobs now, but as sure as hell - the two running for office now are gonna be worse.
shatteredgravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #148
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredgravity View Post
for petes sake, get the poor soliders out of there! theyre only dying more and more everyday and killing more and more and doing no good.
No offense to any of our armed service men, but that's what they signed up for. As a soldier, it is their duty to fight for their country, and die for their country if necessary. They are trained to kill. Likewise, the other side is trained to kill. People die, it's called war.

It's the dozens, upon dozens, of innocent people that are getting caught up in the crossfire, tortured and killed everyday that I am against. You didn't have mangled bodies showing up in the streets of Baghdad every morning when Sadam was in-charge.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/
Old 06-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #149
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)

Just for kicks:

Bush is my shepherd; I dwell in want. He maketh logs to be cut down in national forests. He leadeth trucks into the still wilderness. He restoreth my fears. He leadeth me in the paths of international disgrace for his ego's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of pollution and war, I will find no exit, for thou art in office. Thy tax cuts for the rich and thy media control, they discomfort me. Thou preparest an agenda of deception in the presence of thy religion. Thou anointest my head with foreign oil. My health insurance runneth out. Surely megalomania and false patriotism shall follow me all the days of thy term, And my jobless child shall dwell in my basement forever.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:20 PM   #150
Necrophage
FFR Player

O.o

Lmfao.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #151
FallenXxRaven
FFR Player

Did you make that up on the spot jewpin?? Cuz that was pretty cool lol.
FallenXxRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #152
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)

Naw, http://www.anarchyteaparty.org/pmwik...=Main.HomePage

Interesting read...though not very thorough.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:57 AM   #153
FallenXxRaven
FFR Player

Hmm, ill have to check that site out when im more awake
FallenXxRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:07 PM   #154
Magnum13
FFR Player

I think he's doing what he should be doing, he's doing what's best for the nation, even if it's not exactly what the people want. If he did what the people wanted there would be chaos in the nation. The people fail to realize that more people die in car accidents than wars. True it is very risky, but the soldiers expected that when they joined the military.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #155
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

He's stripping a region until it's nothing but holy wars. How is that for the greater good of the country? So more people can hate us?

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #156
Magnum13
FFR Player

no, so we can be safer, the entire world ALREADY hated us. If there was a rally against the revolutionary war, there'd by no nation, if there was a rally against the civil war (which was much much worse than the Iraq war) there'd be no uity, and slavery would be accepted, think about that.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #157
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Tell me exactly what harm the Middle East could've brought to us (With the possible exception of Afghanistan) had we not invaded.

I would say that the U.N. probably doesn't allow the holy war, but that still doesn't mean that we had to do their work.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #158
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum13 View Post
no, so we can be safer, the entire world ALREADY hated us.
So "Operation Iraqi Freedom" was about keeping America safe? Good to know.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #159
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebloodtexan View Post
Tell me exactly what harm the Middle East could've brought to us (With the possible exception of Afghanistan) had we not invaded.

I would say that the U.N. probably doesn't allow the holy war, but that still doesn't mean that we had to do their work.
We didn't invade the "Middle East", we invaded Iraq, a country that had no proven ties to any of the "terrorist" organizations that wanted to do harm to the United States. Now the anarachy in Iraq is lead to a breeding ground of terrorists.

We are more in danger now than we were when Saddam was Dictator of Iraq.

Last edited by jewpinthethird; 06-26-2007 at 06:15 PM..
Old 06-26-2007, 06:29 PM   #160
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

You know, Jewp...you don't have to shout like that. One of these days I'll just write up some huge epic post detailing all the ways that the Bush administration has lied, misled and otherwise failed miserably to lead the country in a proper way. Complete with citations, references, and plenty of direct links to websites that end in .gov

But man, that would be the work of quite possible days.