Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-1-2016, 08:23 PM   #141
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG Turbo V: No One Pretends to be the Seer Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precarious View Post
MML seems really town, but that could be me reading to what I already know, since I know he's green.

DFR seems to have become way more forceful than in the Survivor game. Not sure how much that means, but I lean town there for sure.

AA is active and pretty aggressive, but I don't really get an overall sense of of style from their posts. Somewhere between town and null.

I'm not sure what to make of you and Shadow sparring, since there's been a fair amount of conversation of what should be an innocuous topic. It's not particularly strong, but I kind of suspect one of you is a wolf. Not a very definitive read though.

R.E. Aryxi is the most suspicious person to me right now. The Charu check thing feels lazy, but there's been no content of note after that either. It feels like they're running away from a mistake rather than confronting it, which leans anti-town.

James May is basically impossible to read because he made some non-game type posts and hasn't posted since. That's a playstyle that can be replicated regardless of alignment. With nothing else to go on there, I real null for now.

Haku disavowing the superactive style of Survivor and Canceled Turbo is a little strange, but it seems more reactionary than anything else. Floating somewhere between town and null.
Yeah it was lazy of me not to check the list twice like santa but still.
Didnt i?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
fuck, I mean juckter*
??
So I'm minding my own damn business, right? Some scrub that plays some of dem dank games comes up and randomly says, in the most monotone voice, "hi". I was baffled, if not, stumped from this noise that was produced from that memers throat. I wanted to know the deep dark secrets to this mysterious noise. I started to research the meaning of life as I took the data from this encounter. 25 years later, I discovered that I was a piece of paper.

Old 10-1-2016, 08:24 PM   #142
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Hey Aryxi I see ya

Come play with us we can make sand castles and throw rocks at old people in their 30s
Real talk, i'd be down to do that
So I'm minding my own damn business, right? Some scrub that plays some of dem dank games comes up and randomly says, in the most monotone voice, "hi". I was baffled, if not, stumped from this noise that was produced from that memers throat. I wanted to know the deep dark secrets to this mysterious noise. I started to research the meaning of life as I took the data from this encounter. 25 years later, I discovered that I was a piece of paper.

Old 10-1-2016, 08:29 PM   #143
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Quote:
fuck, I mean juckter*
Genuine mistake btw, if it wasn't interpreted that way

Old 10-1-2016, 08:29 PM   #144
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Real talk, i'd be down to do that
Hell yeah

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 10-1-2016, 08:31 PM   #145
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Well, make up for it with some thoughts/reads

Old 10-1-2016, 08:36 PM   #146
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
any reads besides your null on shado
Quote:
I like how haku completely ignored where I asked him for reads
Would you be upset if I told you that I can't read this game at all even though I've probably reread the entire thread like 4 times by now.
Old 10-1-2016, 08:41 PM   #147
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ty for reads precarious.

Quote:
Unfortunately, that post means there's literally no way you're the seer, making it pretty much useless. However, I don't think it's too alignment-indicative. If anything, the fact that you said it was actually a mistake seems towny to me, as you could have easily been like "jk I actually greenchecked juckter" and pretended the Charu check was a shitpost.
Old 10-1-2016, 08:45 PM   #148
Hakulyte
the Haku

Maybe he's clever and posted a fake mistake. I wouldn't discredit him for that.
Old 10-1-2016, 08:48 PM   #149
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Would you be upset if I told you that I can't read this game at all even though I've probably reread the entire thread like 4 times by now.
I mean

I would be

Haku tell me a story that means alot to you

Old 10-1-2016, 08:48 PM   #150
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Quote:
Open unrelated question just for thinking purposes.
Why didn't we all follow the title? Is it really a bad strat to not pretend to be the Seer?
In turn it might be effective to keep the wolves at bay for a bit but other than stalling I can't really see how else it would be effective for later on in the game.

Quote:
It didn't fail last game. There wasn't enough game to evaluate the pros and cons of that approach, but if anything the conversation broke Arnt. If you want to attribute that specifically to DFR, fine, but an active thread is one that is forcing people to participate, and that's precisely where and how wolves get exposed.

Understand that one of the mafia communities I've played at in the past in Forum Games on Kongregate. This was the most recent game I participated in there. It was only six pages long, and two of those pages were nothing but "Sign" and "Confirm" posts. Despite the fact that I had a witch absolutely pinned, the other town players failed to even appear to vote, which blew the game. And I've actually seen worse inactivity there. Believe me when I say that whatever risks are entailed by an active thread (and I'll concede that it's irritating having to catch up when I'm afk for a few hours), an inactive game is universes worse.

If you'd prefer to dispense with some of the non-game posts (chatting about whatever), fine, your playstyle is obviously your own. But activity is the town's best weapon, particularly in a game with very limited night powers. Can that backfire? Of course. But the alternative is barely a game at all.
Agreed, good stuff good stuff... but

Quote:
I guess I'm going to go do the ultimate strategy.

Being afk.

Reason is simple; I'm not helpful and I don't feel like I will be more helpful if I stay active.

gj

See you later.
Don't know if this is usual Haku behavior but i don't like this.

Old 10-1-2016, 08:48 PM   #151
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Sorry I have another surprise meeting should he done in an hour

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 10-1-2016, 08:50 PM   #152
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
In turn it might be effective to keep the wolves at bay for a bit but other than stalling I can't really see how else it would be effective for later on in the game.

Agreed, good stuff good stuff... but

Don't know if this is usual Haku behavior but i don't like this.
Mmmhmm

Anything else?

Quote:
You're cool.

Old 10-1-2016, 08:53 PM   #153
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Quote:
MML seems really town, but that could be me reading to what I already know, since I know he's green.

DFR seems to have become way more forceful than in the Survivor game. Not sure how much that means, but I lean town there for sure.

AA is active and pretty aggressive, but I don't really get an overall sense of of style from their posts. Somewhere between town and null.

I'm not sure what to make of you and Shadow sparring, since there's been a fair amount of conversation of what should be an innocuous topic. It's not particularly strong, but I kind of suspect one of you is a wolf. Not a very definitive read though.

R.E. Aryxi is the most suspicious person to me right now. The Charu check thing feels lazy, but there's been no content of note after that either. It feels like they're running away from a mistake rather than confronting it, which leans anti-town.

James May is basically impossible to read because he made some non-game type posts and hasn't posted since. That's a playstyle that can be replicated regardless of alignment. With nothing else to go on there, I real null for now.

Haku disavowing the superactive style of Survivor and Canceled Turbo is a little strange, but it seems more reactionary than anything else. Floating somewhere between town and null.
Null on DFR for now.

AA - Has had some interesting points, but I wouldn't discredit them. Feels more like townlean.

Shado - Aggressive af over nothing, typical wolf snarkiness for now.

James May has been afk all day, Null.

MMXL - The homie as mostly related posts have been more cumbersome but I feel like he's choosing his words a bit carefully from a couple of posts but they aren't really significant.

Haku- Weird

Old 10-1-2016, 08:55 PM   #154
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Quote:
Np waifumaster

Old 10-1-2016, 08:57 PM   #155
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Y'all can ignore this buuuut

Code:
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 152
User Name	Posts
AragakiAyase	30
MixMasterLar	26
ShadoWolfe	25
Hakulyte	18
juckter1	11
Precarious	11
R.E. Aryxi	11
James May	9
danceflashrevo	7

Old 10-1-2016, 09:00 PM   #156
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:

MMXL - The homie as mostly related posts have been more cumbersome but I feel like he's choosing his words a bit carefully from a couple of posts but they aren't really significant.
MixMasterXtremeLar
more Lar in every bite!

Also wut?

Old 10-1-2016, 09:02 PM   #157
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Maybe he's clever and posted a fake mistake. I wouldn't discredit him for that.
I don't really think that's likely. If you think it is then we can agree to disagree.
Old 10-1-2016, 09:04 PM   #158
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
I mean

I would be

Haku tell me a story that means alot to you
Sure.

Journal Entry #3: Real Problems

Once upon 2 days ago, Haku played 2 TWG games you probably forgot about.

Somewhere between memes, bad jokes, trolling, spamming and irrelevant posts, Haku tried to find inner peace, but something mysterious happened.

BAM!

THE GAME GOT CANCELED HAHAHA!

Haku all confused barely sitting on 200 posts on his first day was devastated by the unexpected outcome.

After a few minutes, this has been shrugged off and he moved on.

The very next day my friend, THE VERY NEXT DAY! Haku joined another game.

The hype was still here in his eyes, still red from the countless amount of hours staring at his computer valiantly in hope to find something.

Completely loss in the greed, Haku tried too hard to solve the game all on his own, 50 posts, 100 posts, who cares! Let's spam, let's try everything, one day something may actually work.

HORRIFYING NEWS!

THE GAME GOT CANCELED AGAIN!!

Haku, completely devastated, not by one, but now TWO games, totaling a surreal amount of 300 posts for 2 days was left in the dust once again.

Not only that! No no no... Haku was wrong about nearly everything about the game as well. This game that he thought "he was finally getting somewhere".

Our Hero, struggling to find justice in this terrible world decided to put an halt to his quest and think a little.

As life must continue, not wanting to leave regrets, Haku finally decided to try one last time to redeem himself.

"Let's be more cautious this time, let's learn from our mistakes" did he told himself after MML asked him one last time to come back and join the game.

Now this game as started, everything is the same, but everything is different. Who are the good guys, who are the bad guys, Haku couldn't tell anymore. He was confused.

What if I targeted the Seer again by mistake?
What if I'm wrong again when it matters?
What should I do?

...To be continued...
Old 10-1-2016, 09:05 PM   #159
juckter1
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Null on DFR for now.

AA - Has had some interesting points, but I wouldn't discredit them. Feels more like townlean.

Shado - Aggressive af over nothing, typical wolf snarkiness for now.

James May has been afk all day, Null.

Haku- Weird
The fact that you quoted Precarious' read list seems sketchy as fuck (also pls notice me senpai)
Old 10-1-2016, 09:06 PM   #160
R.E. Aryxi
FFR Player

Quote:
MixMasterXtremeLar
more Lar in every bite!

Also wut?
There was only like 2 posts that registered as a teeny bit weird but I disregarded them in my notes. So no worries, townlean

Closed Thread