Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > Brag Board
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2011, 10:16 PM   #1561
Gansler
FFR Player

Default Re: Amateur FFR Scores!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MopeyJoe View Post
This is what I have to say - anything less than a AAA/Blackflag/Rainbow flag on a VC song goes here. Mainly because all the scores I see on the main thread are usually <10 on FGO songs.
Which is the kind of score that players like Mopey and myself would definitely not want to put our own scores on the same page as.
Gansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:25 PM   #1562
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

The point of posting your scores is because it's an achievement. Not to show off at all or for attention.
Why is there any difference posting your independent score on a page with an FGO sdg or a challenging sdg? It's your score, your achievement, and there is no relation to any other scores in the thread.
remedy1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:33 PM   #1563
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Amateur scores wouldnt be outcasted in the other thread if amateurs would post as actively as they do here. =\
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #1564
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy1502 View Post
The point of posting your scores is because it's an achievement. Not to show off at all or for attention.
Why is there any difference posting your independent score on a page with an FGO sdg or a challenging sdg? It's your score, your achievement, and there is no relation to any other scores in the thread.
Because if I were to post me AAA'ing Elements in the normal score threads, I would get laughed at and then I would feel like crap. People like to show off, that's why a handful of people post in the normal score thread.

There is a limit on what should be posted in what thread, or even at all. Smaller scores (such as AAA'ing Elements) would go here, while bigger scores (such as FC'ing a FMO without mashing) would go in the normal thread. People do that to not get laughed at, so they don't feel smaller than they already think they are.

I don't see someone like Gansler posting in the normal thread, it's probably because he thinks he isn't good enough for the normal thread and people will mock him if he tries to post in that thread.
MopeyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:40 PM   #1565
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

What makes you think that we'll laugh at you for posting an Elements AAA? Let alone when has anyone laughed at another person for posting a score that isn't VC+? You can go through that thread and people have posted AAA's for 4's and been congratulated and not laughed at. It's exactly what remedy said. It's your accomplishment and no one is going to laugh at you for being proud of your achievement whether it's AAAing a 6 or AAAing a 12.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:42 PM   #1566
Gansler
FFR Player

Well, I can FC an FMO without mashing, but so far just one. Okay, I may not exactly be an amateur, but I'm just being realistic when I say my scores would be out of place in the normal thread.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #1567
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
What makes you think that we'll laugh at you for posting an Elements AAA? Let alone when has anyone laughed at another person for posting a score that isn't VC+? You can go through that thread and people have posted AAA's for 4's and been congratulated and not laughed at. It's exactly what remedy said. It's your accomplishment and no one is going to laugh at you for being proud of your achievement whether it's AAAing a 6 or AAAing a 12.
It's confidence issues. People with lower skills are intimidated by all the big scores by the big pros. If there were more lower skilled people posting their scores in the normal thread at a reasonable rate, then:
1. This thread would be obsolete
2. People with a lower skill would be more confident to post their scores in the normal thread.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #1568
Gansler
FFR Player

Quote:
It's confidence issues. People with lower skills are intimidated by all the big scores by the big pros. If there were more lower skilled people posting their scores in the normal thread at a reasonable rate, then:
1. This thread would be obsolete
2. People with a lower skill would be more confident to post their scores in the normal thread.
Indeed, the point of the thread is to post accomplishments you're proud of, no? Next to gigantic <10 FGO scores, suddenly my own FMO FC seems not like something to be quite as proud of.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #1569
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Because if I were to post me AAA'ing Elements in the normal score threads, I would get laughed at and then I would feel like crap. People like to show off, that's why a handful of people post in the normal score thread.

There is a limit on what should be posted in what thread, or even at all. Smaller scores (such as AAA'ing Elements) would go here, while bigger scores (such as FC'ing a FMO without mashing) would go in the normal thread. People do that to not get laughed at, so they don't feel smaller than they already think they are.

I don't see someone like Gansler posting in the normal thread, it's probably because he thinks he isn't good enough for the normal thread and people will mock him if he tries to post in that thread.
You just posted all that to say we're elitest douchebags who will mock lower players. =/

I don't know why you think the people in the FFR Scores thread are all "elitest douchebags", but we really aren't going to be laughing at scores because they aren't at the same skill level as the regulars. If everyone here migrated there, it would be the exact same thing, just with one thread. All of you posting here and commenting on these scores can happen in the other thread.

No one is mocking anyone. The reason we post scores is cause we are happy with them. I also like it because we, as a community, know where each other is in terms of skill, and we can watch each player improve. The more newer players we have, the more improvement we can see. Regardless of comments, people notice the scores of the lower players. There's no reason to not post.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #1570
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by remedy1502 View Post
You just posted all that to say we're elitest douchebags who will mock lower players. =/

I don't know why you think the people in the FFR Scores thread are all "elitest douchebags", but we really aren't going to be laughing at scores because they aren't at the same skill level as the regulars. If everyone here migrated there, it would be the exact same thing, just with one thread. All of you posting here and commenting on these scores can happen in the other thread.

No one is mocking anyone. The reason we post scores is cause we are happy with them. I also like it because we, as a community, know where each other is in terms of skill, and we can watch each player improve. The more newer players we have, the more improvement we can see. Regardless of comments, people notice the scores of the lower players. There's no reason to not post.
I take back that one post, read my last post.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 PM   #1571
Gansler
FFR Player

So something like, I don't know, this:

a) Is it something I should be proud of, and b) Do you think it belongs in the normal scores thread?
Old 02-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #1572
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

The main reason the actual FFR scores thread became to be mostly 10+ scores was the lack of the amateurs posting there. One random amateur score here and there in a flood of FMO's is obviously going to be looked over. If amateurs were posting at the rate the do here then they wouldnt be overlooked.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #1573
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansler View Post
[insertreplayhere]

a) Is it something I should be proud of, and b) Do you think it belongs in the normal scores thread?
a) If you though it was amazing, then yes. b) It could go in the the normal thread, it seems a little border line amateur-pro.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #1574
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Quote:

I can't tell you if you should be proud of it, it's a PERSONAL achievement.
Of course it belongs in the scores thread. It's a scores thread. It's meant for you to post your personal achievements.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:09 PM   #1575
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Yes and yes. I know a good amount of people who are "pro" and will compliment that because Szamar Madar is not one of the easiest songs to do well on at a lower skill level.

And Plan's right, if you guys posted as much as you do in this thread over on the other one, you wouldn't be overlooked at all. Plus, it shouldn't be about getting attention for your accomplishment, it's the fact that you got it. I comment in my head on every post in the thread but I don't post every single time a score pops up. Then the thread would be double or triple the size if everyone did that >.>

EDIT: Going off of what remedy just said, the other thread is named "FFR Scores Thread". It's not named "FFR Pro Scores Thread". It's a place to post scores of any difficulty or skill level.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
ichliebekase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #1576
Gansler
FFR Player

Well, that's settled, then. I feel better about myself.

Edit: I guess it's NOT settled if Mopey's argument still stands.

Last edited by Gansler; 02-26-2011 at 11:33 PM..
Old 02-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #1577
MopeyJoe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
And Plan's right, if you guys posted as much as you do in this thread over on the other one, you wouldn't be overlooked at all.
I would like to bring back what I said earlier

Quote:
It's confidence issues. People with lower skills are intimidated by all the big scores by the big pros.
This is why lower skilled people do not post as much in the normal thread.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #1578
remedy1502
remederpin
FFR Veteran

Why should there be a confidence issue? It wasn't always just top players posting there. There are more lower skilled players than top players, so I don't see a reason why only top players would be posting. If everyone posted scores when they thought "Oh but that FGO AAA will outshine my AAA" or w/e then there would be a ****ton more lower skilled players in that thread. Way more than top players, definitely.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #1579
G.S.M
He is watching
FFR Veteran

I don't know about you guys. but I just enjoy playing the game. When I get a score I am proud of or a skill token... I just post it here.

It's always nice to get comments on them... but my mission is just to have fun with FFR and not worry about becoming #1. FC a 11+ and hard skill tokens are all the competition I need.

Just have fun.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 AM   #1580
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

fmos should be able to be posted here i dont see why not especially when its your first fmo fc. 90.4.0.20 on something like im sick of uprock belongs here with the other weakling scores