Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-4-2008, 10:45 AM   #15501
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean
Default Re: MapleStory

Jason, don't forget to post guild list. I'm pretty sure there is at least one or two more people I want to add to my buddy list for now, other than the ones who obviously have no slots available...
Old 04-5-2008, 01:04 AM   #15503
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

I dont know if this is true or not, but theres a rumor going around about a mass hacking of everyone who logs on to maplestory from the 5th to the 8th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiDodge from basil market
im not trying to make everyone go crazy or anything but some of you, but maybe not all of you may not know but, i have heard from a awful lot or sources, that tomorrow the 5th of april till the 8th or april, hackers and im not talking about pg hackers or the G hackers, but something ALOT more sinister is going to happen details atm are quite sketchy, but all my sources are saying, theirs going to be a mass hacking of accoutns using somethign called a "fire alarm" dont ask me what the heck it is and no i dont mean a "fire alaram" that goes "ring ring ring! maybe its a new hacking program i dont know, but what i do know is if you log on at ANY time between the 5th and the 8th of april their is a chance you might get hacked, sorry to make everyone go crazy and this isnt some bull crap, fair enough nothing might happen but im taking the safe bet and not loggin into maple for a few days, i can do other things than go on maple but if you dont take head of this warning then you end up getting hacked or anything of the sort dont say i didnt warn you
So yea, it happened a while ago in jms, so its not entirely a ridiculous rumor. Just warning you guys.

Check them out =] Great new band

Old 04-5-2008, 07:04 AM   #15504
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

notice: basil market

The organized attack alluded to is probably simply the guild attacks that have been going on for a few days already, yet it will likely continue a few more days as they finish destroying each world.

So yeah, either their mistaken and talking about the guild attacks, or they're just plain retarded and making up bull****.

Quote:
So yea, it happened a while ago in jms, so its not entirely a ridiculous rumor. Just warning you guys.
That sounds like total bull**** to me. There are more than a handful of jMSers at the Sleepywood forums, and I have never heard of ANYTHING like that being discussed as though it was seriously possible (hint: it's not).
Old 04-5-2008, 11:24 AM   #15505
DDRpeanut
FFR Player

These guild attacks sound kinda crazy, what are they about?
Old 04-5-2008, 12:16 PM   #15506
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
notice: basil market

The organized attack alluded to is probably simply the guild attacks that have been going on for a few days already, yet it will likely continue a few more days as they finish destroying each world.

So yeah, either their mistaken and talking about the guild attacks, or they're just plain retarded and making up bull****.

That sounds like total bull**** to me. There are more than a handful of jMSers at the Sleepywood forums, and I have never heard of ANYTHING like that being discussed as though it was seriously possible (hint: it's not).
Look you can be a dick if you want, I'm just giving people a heads up. I'm just going to play WoW for a few days until this all blows over. I do hope this is total bull****, but if it isn't i hope you don't lose your char.

Check them out =] Great new band

Old 04-5-2008, 12:38 PM   #15507
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheIntoMe View Post
Look you can be a dick if you want, I'm just giving people a heads up. I'm just going to play WoW for a few days until this all blows over. I do hope this is total bull****, but if it isn't i hope you don't lose your char.
You're not "giving people a heads up". You're buying into a bull**** rumor and in doing so may cause others to buy into the same bull****.

There have been multiple threads about this started at Sleepywood.net. So far, as far as I know, they've all been locked, because they were just FUD with no basis in reason or with any substance to back up the baseless claims.
Old 04-5-2008, 01:49 PM   #15508
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

"Fire Alarm" alludes to someone pulling a fire alarm to get everyone out of the building for whatever reason they pulled it for. The rumor is the same thing..... They are doing it so people lose their chance to with the "10k login every day" contest going on this month.
Old 04-5-2008, 01:52 PM   #15509
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

In addition, the screenshot people are toting as the hack in question claims brute force is the method of getting through.

Long story short: abso****inglutely not.

ps i had a feeling the name "fire alarm" was too specific to not be a allusion to something else, yet for some stupid ass reason I didn't make the connection in my mind of prank fire alarm pulls.
Old 04-6-2008, 12:14 AM   #15510
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

The SS i didnt want to post on sleepy in afraid of getting hacked... i assume these are the jackasses behind the guild hacks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maple0062.jpg (163.9 KB, 92 views)
Old 04-6-2008, 01:54 AM   #15511
Afrombean
FFR Player

I'd say it's more likely that they're just a crew of asshole leechers who are trying to pin this on another crew of asshole leechers.

I doubt Vent had anything to do with this, and if they did, they would have been more targetted, particularly as far as Bera is concerned. I hear in other worlds, they've gone as far as to having a bot running that automatically targets anyone in FM1 ch1, and automatically gets into their guild and expels everyone.

As a point of reference, if these guild hackers were saying "We are Xqsite; Xqsite for the win!", that wouldn't mean that we're guild hackers.
Old 04-6-2008, 01:57 AM   #15512
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Ya, it was just an assumption, lol this happend same day as guild hacks... and it was a temp guild
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maple0060.jpg (125.6 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-6-2008, 10:17 AM   #15513
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

lul, MS gangwarz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 04-6-2008, 10:46 AM   #15514
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Xqsite defeated Horntail!

Old 04-6-2008, 11:07 AM   #15515
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Speaking of which, Guildless seems to be being fearless.

So, I'm getting a bit antsy. When will we reinstate things as they should be?

edit: by the way, by "as they should be" I mean, the same as the guild is in those screenshots plus a handful of the active people who were in before the hack attack started.
Old 04-7-2008, 04:09 AM   #15516
Afrombean
FFR Player

speaking of guilds being hacked

they concluded a server check early this morning which was performed to apparently add in additional security against this sort of attack

So, Jason, how long we gonna wait before we get things rolling again?

And seriously, if you can steal away some additional high levels that would be amazing.

ps I've been really really wanting to get back to grinding. I was gonna do it yesterday, but dragonmarish was like "hey i need bishop for skele", then I went afk for like 5 minutes, and when I came back I was like "hey you still need bishop for skele" and he's like "im going to zak in like 10 minutes "

Which threw me off because I realized it was Sunday morning and that he was probably running with euro so I was like "wait is that with euro" and he's like "yeah", but then I was really confused because I had previously considered trying to join up with euro as per kyle's suggestion in the bbs, but when looking into it, I found that I wouldn't be able to make either time slot due to work or something, but I get off of work and am home by 8 am edt, but apparently Euro was running at like 8:30 or something and I was just stupidly thinking they ran at another time.

Wow, tangent there. Anyway, I'm trying to get back into grinding, which brings me to another point. What skill levels would I need to run Horntail with y'all, and what type of survivability level are you guys looking for from your Bishops?

EDIT: man psuedo double posts are fun fun fun
Old 04-7-2008, 04:21 AM   #15517
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

In other news, 4th job without cool timers is epic.

My favorite so far is Snipe. You know, the guaranteed 1hko? It's fun!

Fortunately Infinity doesn't work yet, so mages aren't totally insane. But once that's fixed, it's game over.

Also fortunate is that most of the Hermit / NL skills don't work so Assassins aren't insanely overpowered. Turns out the GMs in Local probably hate assassins too. You have to recharge stars in Kerning and you have to recharge your Shadow Partner in Kerning. Costs 10,000,000 to get a Shadow Partner, but it doesn't run out. ...Unless you change channels. You basically only get Triple Throw for fourth job. Compare that to archers getting everything but Puppet, Sharp Eyes, and Hamstring. Oh, and Rangers who use Arrow Storm and Snipers who use Piercing Arrow do so much damage that the game autobans you for damage hacks, so we're not allowed to use them.
Old 04-7-2008, 07:13 AM   #15518
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Thumbs up Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
In other news, 4th job without cool timers is epic.

My favorite so far is Snipe. You know, the guaranteed 1hko? It's fun!
Yeah, that sounds fair.

Quote:
Fortunately Infinity doesn't work yet, so mages aren't totally insane. But once that's fixed, it's game over.
Fortunately? So while Archers can kill anything in one hit, Bishops can't do ****. Yes, that is fortunate.

Quote:
Also fortunate is that most of the Hermit / NL skills don't work so Assassins aren't insanely overpowered.
Lucky7's formula is amazing, but it's not amazing enough to let a Hermit keep up with 3rd jobbers alone, and it CERTAINLY is not amazing enough to let Nightlords keep up with 4th jobbers alone.

Quote:
Turns out the GMs in Local probably hate assassins too. You have to recharge stars in Kerning and you have to recharge your Shadow Partner in Kerning.
You don't "recharge" Shadow Partner, but I guess you mean that Summoning Rocks aren't available in El Nath after having completed the correct quest or from monster drop? Or is it that they totally changed the system for Shadow Partner somehow?

Quote:
Costs 10,000,000 to get a Shadow Partner, but it doesn't run out. ...Unless you change channels.
Doesn't make sense.

Quote:
You basically only get Triple Throw for fourth job.
That is the primary element of 4th job for Nightlords in the official version as well. Other skills are just backup to make Triple Throw easier/stronger.

Quote:
Compare that to archers getting everything but Puppet, Sharp Eyes, and Hamstring.
Puppet is a 3rd job skill. Also, Sharp Eyes is an active support skill and Hamstring is pretty damned stupid. The Archer equivalent to Triple Throw is Hurricane/Piercing Arrow.

Quote:
Oh, and Rangers who use Arrow Storm and Snipers who use Piercing Arrow do so much damage that the game autobans you for damage hacks, so we're not allowed to use them.
That's "fortunate"!

Hey wait a second.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
The Archer equivalent to Triple Throw is Hurricane/Piercing Arrow.
Quote:
Arrow Storm... Piercing Arrow... autoban....
That's fantastic. Do you understand balance at all? You talk of Archers favorably, then at the end reveal that their primary offensive skills make them get banned if they use them.

------------------

EDIT: http://sleepywood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1424070

Guild hacking is still going on. Fat lot of good that server check did, eh?

Last edited by Afrobean; 04-7-2008 at 11:50 AM..
Old 04-7-2008, 12:24 PM   #15519
banditcom
FFR Player

Guild will still be in hiatus. :P
Old 04-7-2008, 01:31 PM   #15520
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Afro, not everything works. It's hard as hell to code these things into the game.

Shadow Partner didn't work but they found out a way to make it work. You can't just cast it on yourself. I don't know why. They made a work-around, so you have to buy the use of the skill.

Bishops and Arch Mages still get their skills. And trust me, everyone in the game hates them. They just sit at Skelegons or Wolf Spiders or ANYWHERE, really and KILL EVERYTHING. It's not that MP costly when you have 12,000 MP and 5,000 Mana Bulls.

Hermits/NLs can still keep up. Trust me.

When I'm talking about third and fourth jobs for Hermits/NLs, I am comparing it to third and fourth jobs of Rangers/Snipers as well. That's why I'm including Puppet. I'm saying that for Hermits, the only third job skills that work properly are Flash Jump and Avenger. For Snipers/Rangers, the only third job skill that doesn't work properly is Puppet. A lot of the fourth job skills don't work but enough of them to do make it worthwhile. And yes, we can buy Summoning Stones from an NPC.

I may have left out the one factor that makes archers the best class in our game so far. See, the summons don't work as they should. Instead of summoning something, it adds its % ATK to your ATK. So yeah it's like +350 W.ATK. Oops.

Also the mages get that too but for M.ATK. Oops.

So basically, it's Archers / Mages for the top spot, since Archers are insane (ever see a Strafe do 50,000 x 4?) and Mages can destroy everything in the room in one shot. Bandits are insane even without Meso Explosion (does about 15,000,000 damage so it'll autoban you rofl). Assassins, even without all of that cheap stuff, still come in a close third. Warriors are dead last. DKs are the only class with almost all of their skills working and they still do weak damage. My level 200 DK with a perfect Polearm was only hitting 60,000 while in 2x damage critical mode with Sacrifice.
Closed Thread