Closed Thread

Old 03-7-2008, 03:32 AM   #15361
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: MapleStory

I +3'd my first Kandayo =(

Oh wait that was with 30%s. Oh wait two slots left.

Since GMS decided it'd be cool not to put 30%s in for pretty much anything I need, I'm going to be farming 30%s for all my Kandayos to try to make a +4 or better. Rumor has it that the Scroll NPC won't have 70/30 scrolls due to how amazing they are.

Kekekekekeke.
Old 03-7-2008, 11:40 AM   #15362
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Why are work gloves so expensive anyway?
Old 03-7-2008, 12:48 PM   #15363
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I know to most of you this is nothing, but I think this is one of maybe four +10 or better work gloves on this server. First of all, you can't make or buy the glove. You have to find one from a monster. Second, each glove attack scroll is 800,000,000 or more. It's pretty sick. Third, scrolls in this server aren't boosted to insane rates, so they're only slightly easier to get than they are in GMS.
There

Check them out =] Great new band

Old 03-7-2008, 01:10 PM   #15364
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreatheIntoMe View Post
There
That... explains nothing. >_>

Or maybe I'm just missing it.
Old 03-7-2008, 01:11 PM   #15365
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yeah people trade like 2-4 Ilbis for +6 work gloves. I can't imagine what a +10 goes for.

Since 2.147 billion is the max meso, people are pretty much treating Ilbis as an addition one billion to tack onto the price of things. ZHelms are currently 10 billion or more.

To be honest I don't see why people sell things at all. We should just give them away. The meso limit is so easy to reach (spend about half an hour at Himes. They drop 1-3 million per kill, so about 15-45 million per mob).

Also, most people on Local don't know this, but item-breaking isn't coded into our game. Rather, it was coded out of our game. If you use a scroll and it's supposed to break the item, you throw an error. The error basically renders you unable to do anything other than log out. If you log out, you lose a slot. Hey, better than breaking the item. You can resolve this by having someone party you and buff you. This re-establishes the fact that you're connected to the server, which basically puts you back at the state where you didn't use the scroll at all. So you basically get a free scroll this way, since the item was initially going to break. If you use a scroll and get the pass/fail animation, you can't get the slot back.

So basically, I'm going to farm 30% scrolls for anything I can (I know of 30% dagger, claw, and 2H swords) and throw them onto anything I can find since they won't break and even two passing slots is better than all 60%s. I just wish I knew what dropped 30%s that matter for my characters, like cape LUK, 1H Sword, Staff, etc.

@ Telvanni: Work Gloves are expensive in any version of MapleStory because they're classless gloves (anyone can wear them) and they add weapon attack (which is a huge surge in damage). Magicians don't care about them, though.

Last edited by Squeek; 03-7-2008 at 02:39 PM..
Old 03-7-2008, 01:19 PM   #15366
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

I'm going to guess pretty much anything can drop them?
Old 03-7-2008, 01:20 PM   #15367
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
@ Telvanni: Work Gloves are expensive in any version of MapleStory because they're classless gloves (anyone can wear them) and they add weapon attack (which is a huge surge in damage). Magicians don't care about them, though.
Work gloves are still the best choice for lukless Magicians, and due to this, there are even some lukless gloves that are so amazing that almost nothing a luk Magician does could come close to touching how good the lukless gloves are.

And the only reason people use them is because they're easy to come by. If they can't be made or gotten from gach (in the case of special wgs), they're not really worth using. And it looks like only Stirges drop them. I'd say in the case of being unable to forge wg that it would be more beneficial to farm class specific gloves, especially since it looks like your only chance of getting a good glove in that "version" is to scroll it yourself.
Old 03-7-2008, 05:54 PM   #15368
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Anyone heard anything about the private servers?
Old 03-7-2008, 07:00 PM   #15369
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Read the last few pages.

OdinMS works. 8x EXP. Odinms.de is the website. You sign up and wait 72 hours to get a game account.

LocalMS works. 1000x EXP. Localms.org is the website. You cannot sign up at this time.

OdinMS is closer to putting out third job, but LocalMS has all of the content excluding third and fourth jobs. They have all the maps, all the scrolls, etc. Odin still doesn't have Ludi.

OdinMS's server is laggy, but stable. Local's server is perpetually full and crashes often, but lag-free when it's up.
Old 03-7-2008, 11:19 PM   #15370
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:

Read the last few pages.

OdinMS works. 8x EXP. Odinms.de is the website. You sign up and wait 72 hours to get a game account.

LocalMS works. 1000x EXP. Localms.org is the website. You cannot sign up at this time.

OdinMS is closer to putting out third job, but LocalMS has all of the content excluding third and fourth jobs. They have all the maps, all the scrolls, etc. Odin still doesn't have Ludi.

OdinMS's server is laggy, but stable. Local's server is perpetually full and crashes often, but lag-free when it's up.
Local has 1000x drop as well.
Odin has 8x drop but they seemed to have "fixed" the drop rate so equips dont drop as often as they used to but they claim its 8x drop... meh i may just start playing my hermit again >.>
Old 03-7-2008, 11:34 PM   #15371
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Local does not have 1000x drop. If they did, I'd get money on every kill and equips on every other kill. That's not the case.

I've killed thousands of enemies looking for scrolls without any dropping.
Old 03-8-2008, 12:28 AM   #15372
vpr0721
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vpr0721 Send a message via MSN to vpr0721

Quote:
Local does not have 1000x drop. If they did, I'd get money on every kill and equips on every other kill. That's not the case.

I've killed thousands of enemies looking for scrolls without any dropping.
well, local has 1000x meso drop then xP
Old 03-8-2008, 01:24 AM   #15373
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Yes.

Meso drop is tied with the EXP a monster yields. It's just like... Meso = EXP * (RAND 0.25 * 1.25). Or something like that. I don't know Java anymore. Basically the meso is the EXP in a range from a fourth of it to 1.25x it. I can't confirm that, obviously, but you get my point. The LMS admin team says they're aware of the inflation on the server but can't fix it manually as they'd have to reduce the EXP gain to do so.

Edit: Apparently the "fix" I had for scrolling doesn't really work. It looks like it works, but it's just cosmetics. It really eats your slot no matter what you do.

Oh well, better than it breaking.

Edit 2: Oh god +7 Zedbug

We don't have 30% polearm so they were all 70%s. They all worked. Yesyesyesyesyesyses. The problem now is that I'm only halfway done. I have a perfect polearm, but I'm a hybrid spearman. I need a good Pinaka. And my luck with those is terrible =/

Last edited by Squeek; 03-8-2008 at 05:14 AM..
Old 03-8-2008, 11:14 AM   #15374
BreatheIntoMe
FFR Player

Nice. What atk?

Lvl 62. 8 to go ;-; I stopped glitching cause my friend hit 71 and he would lead our 1:30 pq's =[

Check them out =] Great new band

Old 03-8-2008, 11:19 AM   #15375
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

hey squeek

zedbugs suck major ass end of story
Old 03-8-2008, 02:36 PM   #15376
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There is no better polearm ok bye.

Or do you want me to use the eviscerator rofl slowest attack speed ever and same base atk as the zedbug no thx

It started off at 105, so now it's +7 STR and 119 attack. I'm working on dexing my shoes, earrings, cape, and overall now. Also my assassin's claw and cape. Also trying to see if Maple Hat (4) exists so I can equip my lukless cleric with anything better than the mark of the beta hat because I have like 10 70% hat int scrolls rofl.
Old 03-8-2008, 03:38 PM   #15377
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
There is no better polearm ok bye.
Surfboards are better. Similar stats, added speed, and far more common, if only in the REAL version.

Also: Dragon Chelbird has more attack and same speed. OH WAIT LOL

Quote:
Or do you want me to use the eviscerator rofl slowest attack speed ever and same base atk as the zedbug no thx
I thought you knew better than that, Squeek. That weapon has NEVER been released EVER.

Quote:
It started off at 105, so now it's +7 STR and 119 attack. I'm working on dexing my shoes, earrings, cape, and overall now. Also my assassin's claw and cape. Also trying to see if Maple Hat (4) exists so I can equip my lukless cleric with anything better than the mark of the beta hat because I have like 10 70% hat int scrolls rofl.
Scrolling adds more than your base ever can. Except for Zhelm. Speaking of which, no one runs Zakum in that version?
Old 03-8-2008, 03:57 PM   #15378
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Surfboards are better. Similar stats, added speed, and far more common, if only in the REAL version.

Also: Dragon Chelbird has more attack and same speed. OH WAIT LOL

I thought you knew better than that, Squeek. That weapon has NEVER been released EVER.

Scrolling adds more than your base ever can. Except for Zhelm. Speaking of which, no one runs Zakum in that version?
Red Surfboard
Base ATT: 99
ATT Spd: Slow

Zedbug
Base ATT: 102
ATT Spd: Slow

Wait what

The Heartstopper potion everyone uses to boost damage is +60 atk, avoid, and speed. I don't need a whip or haste or +5 speed to bring myself up to max, thanks.

Also Chelbirds aren't out yet so rofl. When they do come out, we'll have a scroll NPC and I can just mass-scroll them rofl.

Also some of the GMs have the eviscerator so rofl. People also said that the Berserker was a GM-only weapon, yet here we are with it existing and all. Even though it sucks ass.

There are no Zakum runs. Instead, every night, a GM summons one in some random place that's not town-scrollable (El Nath, Sleepywood, Free Market, etc) and announces its existence. Then everyone rushes to kill it. Drops four helmets every time, but there are 100-300 people killing it. It's hard to outdamage an assassin with a spearman using only power strike.

They've managed to work in the real attacking Zakum, finally, so it's less about who does the most damage and more about who survives while doing the most damage. Before, they just summoned Z3 and it just stood there. The only way you could take damage is bump damage.
Old 03-8-2008, 04:48 PM   #15379
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Damnit it looks like they're going to keep this localms server quite private now that the registration's are closed. If anyone has room on their localms account, I'd be eternally grateful if you shared a spot for me to make the lvl100 + spearman I've always wanted. I'd be even willing to give you globalms regs some of my mesos from my spearman on gms for a spot on the localms account.
Old 03-8-2008, 06:56 PM   #15380
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

See the problem is maybe one or two people from FFR have an account. I'm that one. I don't know of another.

Banditcom and Tsugomaru have already asked for a spot. I already said I'd let them, but then I got so caught up in the game that I ended up making three mains and no free spots =x. My friend has an account too, but he has all three spots filled there too.

They might re-open registration once their new server. So many people are donating now (it's how you get NX name outline, hair, eyes, speech bubble, and some other things from that server) that they can afford one.

Not to worry though. This is only the start of it all. The code is going to released to the public sooner or later and private servers will be all over the place.

Also remind me to post the stats window of my speardude and assassin sometime.
Closed Thread