Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-7-2007, 03:35 AM   #14261
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Default Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Just do your AP resets over time and it's not a huge deal.
Yeah, but that's not quite as exciting as doing it all at once.

I mean, it's a better idea if you're low on money to do it over a period of time, though, but doing it all at once and seeing the difference immediately would be amazing.
Old 07-7-2007, 07:47 AM   #14262
TheAznLarry
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TheAznLarry

200 bucks can't be that bad over time. If only I had a job right now =\

But I found another legit site that gives you money (a check in the mail once you hit $25)

Apparently you get 10 bucks for joining and 2 cents per email you read. On top of that, you get 2 cents for each email your referrals read and 2 cents each your referrals' referrals read...and so on.

If anyone's got some extra space in their wallet or inbox, pm me

And also Tyler, any idea what happened to your stuff?

Edit: I still get that annoying blank error half the time. Other times I have uncheck the "read only" on the Nexon folder and it seems to work like 60% of the time. On my desktop it doesn't work PERIOD.

Last edited by TheAznLarry; 07-7-2007 at 07:52 AM..
Old 07-7-2007, 01:26 PM   #14263
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Larry: Afro loves to spend money. XD

Afro: Not sure. I'll try to contact them in-game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckj846 View Post
$200.... on a single game. That's kind of extreme to me.

O_o
Some people have spent $3k-5k on this game. XD

And umm... Yeah, it kind of is to me, unless it's all spread out and you're spending it over time. MMOs can be expensive, even free ones. But look at other games? WoW: $40, WoW Expansion: $30... A year doing the 6 month plans: $156. That's already $226 and limited to one-year of playing.
Old 07-7-2007, 03:20 PM   #14264
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Good thing I've still paid exactly 0 dollars on Maplestory. Not worth my money, that's for sure.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 07-7-2007, 05:36 PM   #14265
Necamus
FFR Player

I've spent a fair deal of money on MS, maybe $50? AP resets, a few months of NX clothes and a pet, etc. I haven't in a while, mostly because I'm saving up money for college/car/whatever.

And I haven't logged onto MS in a while >.> Found a new MMORPG called Regnum Online which some people I know play, got hooked.
Old 07-8-2007, 12:31 AM   #14266
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

I've spent somewhere between $90 and $120, and I'd say it was worth every bit. The thing is, I bought clothes/one AP reset/a pet a while ago/stuff like that in bursts of $30. I think I've done that three or four times now over the years, adding up to $90-120.

Still, if I were AP resetting, I'd like, buy the things monthly, then not spend it until I had all the money, then reset all of my AP at once. It'd be really exciting <__<
Old 07-8-2007, 12:34 AM   #14267
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Update. Finally got to Level 30 on my Sin so I'm pretty happy bout that. Now I need to know what do I put my first Sp point on.

Also, I only want to use NX for that sexy white suit Jason wore for a while and some new hair. lol That's it.
Old 07-8-2007, 01:47 PM   #14268
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

You want criticals asap, so put the needed points in mastery to unlock it and then start pumping that. I'm not sure what's after that, I think some booster then mastery then stuff, but unlike other classes you don't need mastery asap because L7 has it built-in. You only get it later so that Drain/Avenger/other things that use the standard formula have decent damage.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 07-8-2007, 03:58 PM   #14269
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I just timed it and I get 9% per hour solo.

Also: I can't manage a decent scroll on earrings. They keep breaking on the first slot. Then, if they don't break, they fail or break on the second slot. Then, if by some sort of miracle I manage to land 2 in a row, the third slot breaks or fails. It is really super lame. I would love to even have a 32 total, but I can't even manage a 24 total without it ****ing up.

EDIT:

I always knew that people were predisposed to not want to buy from me, even if I have much lower prices than anyone else.

Here's the proof.

Last edited by Afrobean; 07-8-2007 at 04:14 PM..
Old 07-8-2007, 05:19 PM   #14270
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditcom View Post
Some people have spent $3k-5k on this game. XD

And umm... Yeah, it kind of is to me, unless it's all spread out and you're spending it over time. MMOs can be expensive, even free ones. But look at other games? WoW: $40, WoW Expansion: $30... A year doing the 6 month plans: $156. That's already $226 and limited to one-year of playing.
Diablo=$40 with expansion and guide and free to play online. I would never spend more then $50 on a game.... it just seems like a huge waste to me. I think I spent about 20 on maple, but that was to get my pet and then to revive it once. Whatever makes people happy I guess, I'm in no position to say what people should or should not spend their money on.

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 07-8-2007, 05:20 PM   #14271
MarisaKirisame
FFR Player

Yeah, I'm kinda against subscription based services just because it seems like a waste of money to me. But in the end, I actually end up spending more on the cash shop than I would for a cheap subscription.
Old 07-8-2007, 08:02 PM   #14272
TheAznLarry
FFR Player

Afro: It's cause you've got a crap spot.
Old 07-8-2007, 08:32 PM   #14273
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAznLarry View Post
Afro: It's cause you've got a crap spot.
I was right near the entrance in like FM 11 on channel 1. Far from "crap".

Besides, my inability to sell things at a decent price goes back even more than FM. I've never been able to sell for the "market price" and must always sell below the normal price, sometimes having to wait days and days just to do that.

Hell, today, after trying to sell a certain item for 4 mil for days, I drop the price to 3m. Oni comes in, buys it and puts it up in his shop for 5m. I come back hours after he had bought it, and SEE THAT HE HAD ALREADY SOLD IT FOR 5 MIL.
Old 07-8-2007, 09:08 PM   #14274
TheAznLarry
FFR Player

Seriously? Fm11? I don't even know where that is :P

If you get an FM spot 1-6 (bottom row) you sell things a lot better. I remember I could literally RAISE my prices if I had an FM 4 or better spot. Even ch2, fm 1 is better than the second row of fms in ch1.

Most people are just too lazy to climb a ladder and search. Personally, I've only looked in fm7+ about twice.
Old 07-8-2007, 09:30 PM   #14275
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Larry, FM is a lot more populated now. FM1-6 are often filled on channel 2 even. So basically, it's very rare that you'll come across a low number FM spot in channel 1 unless it's right after a server check.

Also: you know how I said Oni sold my item for 5m when I couldn't even sell for 4m? He was in about FM8. Still ludi FMs, just a few maps lower than the one I had been in. Also, FM8 is generally about where I normally try to get a FM spot, so him being able to sell for 5m doesn't make any sense when I couldn't sell for 4m in a similar situation.
Old 07-8-2007, 09:31 PM   #14276
TheAznLarry
FFR Player

oni hax.
Old 07-8-2007, 11:05 PM   #14277
Necamus
FFR Player

It's obviously a game-wide conspiracy against you.
Old 07-9-2007, 12:11 AM   #14278
Fimbulvetr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAznLarry View Post
Seriously? Fm11? I don't even know where that is :P

If you get an FM spot 1-6 (bottom row) you sell things a lot better. I remember I could literally RAISE my prices if I had an FM 4 or better spot. Even ch2, fm 1 is better than the second row of fms in ch1.

Most people are just too lazy to climb a ladder and search. Personally, I've only looked in fm7+ about twice.
Actually a ch 2 fm 1 is around the same as a ch 1 fm 3 in my experience. Even a top row ch 2 fm 1 is around the same as a ch 1 fm 5.
Old 07-9-2007, 11:45 PM   #14279
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

You guys are weirdos, I always check ch1 fm14...
ALWAYS
GOOD STUFF
120k dead mine scrolls like whoa.... o_o
Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 AM   #14280
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I hate this ****ing game.

Remind me not to Papulatus with a DK I don't know. He disconnects right at the start. 2 of the 3 hermits (me and another) used a pineapple chew. We FJ away from when bombs spawn. Ice/Mage clearing them out. Though like 2nd time in, he doesn't clear them out. All 3 of us hermits FJ back (the other 2 right before me). They land, FJ back as I'm landing. Bomb right there. They triggered it. Boom it blows up. Yeah, **** you 1% loss, pineapple chew, and 40 minutes of waiting because they love to form parties while in a different goddamn island. Actually more of a net loss because I would have gained over 1% Paping.
Closed Thread