Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-2-2006, 07:43 PM   #121
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to rade0110
Default Re: This will help FFR as a whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windscarredfaith View Post
Here's another suggestion on what premium members could get:

You know how we can see the total score for songs that we are highest ranked on? Well, I dunno about other people, but I really can't tell how many goods I get nor my combo just by looking at the score... I know that Shash and Tass explained the breakdown of the scoring system, but it would be nice to see the actual screenshot of the breakdown of the song (like the Multiplayer Stats). Not only can we look at own own, we should be able to look at other peoples' too, and maybe look at everyone else's Level Stats.
Ironically, I mentioned this to tass like a month ago. He said that it would use up 5X the memory or something so it wouldn't work. BTW I like the level stats idea. I mentioned it on the last page but still XP

Cheers,

Synthlight
rade0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-2-2006, 08:38 PM   #122
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

the scoring system really isn't that difficult.....

1000*combo + 550*perfects + 275*goods + 55*averages - 20*boos - 310*misses = score
Old 12-2-2006, 08:42 PM   #123
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windscarredfaith View Post
Here's another suggestion on what premium members could get:

You know how we can see the total score for songs that we are highest ranked on? Well, I dunno about other people, but I really can't tell how many goods I get nor my combo just by looking at the score... I know that Shash and Tass explained the breakdown of the scoring system, but it would be nice to see the actual screenshot of the breakdown of the song (like the Multiplayer Stats). Not only can we look at own own, we should be able to look at other peoples' too, and maybe look at everyone else's Level Stats.
I like this idea alot but we would have to record about 250,000-300,000 games per day into the database and the storage and data retrieval would be enormous. I can see extended stats being recorded for premium members of the system though and also premium members being able to check extended stats of other premium members. We could swing that on the DB.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2006, 12:02 AM   #124
Dronak
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Dronak Send a message via Yahoo to Dronak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot View Post
the scoring system really isn't that difficult.....

1000*combo + 550*perfects + 275*goods + 55*averages - 20*boos - 310*misses = score
True. But, and correct me if I'm wrong, I think the point was that given score, it's not always a simple matter to determine combo, perfects, goods, averages, boos, and misses. Sometimes it might be nice to be able to see that breakdown.

Essentially retired now, but still ranked on the list of FFR's Top One Handers.
One-Hander Skill Tokens unlocked: The V2 Token, The Patience Token, X_X1MissX_X, AAA v5, T.H.E.G.A.M.E.T.O.K.E.N
Pseudo Skill Tokens unlocked: Numbers 21, 44, 33, 57, 26, 24, 47, 95
Dronak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2006, 12:16 AM   #125
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

It is nice to see the breakdown. Most players keep individual track of their scores but it would be pretty sweet to see other peoples scores set the same way. What if there were premium member tournaments? Different skill levels would be set just like the one shash ran. Think of how many people complained that they couldn't enter it. That could be a huge draw-in.

Edit*
On a sadder note, I can't click my avatar to change either my siggy or my av Instead of having the avatar there all that's there are the words "Click here to change your avatar" or something like that. Help?
P.S. Tried clearing my cache

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by rade0110; 12-3-2006 at 12:21 AM..
Old 12-3-2006, 12:30 AM   #126
JasonKey
FFR Underseer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

regarding your avatar within the profile, are you seeing that on FFR.com or one of the mirrors?

So no question mark there or something, as we can see your avatar in your profile here on FFR, but there could in theory be issues within the mirrors.

Let me know and I can see whats up with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade0110 View Post
It is nice to see the breakdown. Most players keep individual track of their scores but it would be pretty sweet to see other peoples scores set the same way. What if there were premium member tournaments? Different skill levels would be set just like the one shash ran. Think of how many people complained that they couldn't enter it. That could be a huge draw-in.

Edit*
On a sadder note, I can't click my avatar to change either my siggy or my av Instead of having the avatar there all that's there are the words "Click here to change your avatar" or something like that. Help?
P.S. Tried clearing my cache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
Cheers,
Synthlight
JasonKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-4-2006, 10:21 PM   #127
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I go directly to www.flashflashrevolution.com and login under my name. I'll give you a pic of what shows up when I go to my profile.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...110/avatar.jpg

This has been happening for about 3 or 4 days now. Don't really understand why but if someone could help me out I would appreciate it because I really would like to use that siggy. Thanks!

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-5-2006, 08:23 PM   #128
Twasi
FFR Player

Ok well here's my 2 cents.

First off, the payment should come in something like monthly, bi-annually or annually. The reasons for this is it gives the people who don't have a lot of money the ability to pay what they can when they can instead of dedicating a years worth of subscription up front, much like bi-annually would. Annually would be for those who don't want to keep paying over and over and would get it all out of the way with one payment. (Having 3 options also doesn't add clutter)

You should also stress these american express pre-paid cards. They deffinetely would bring in way more subscribers because it gives a way for all the people who are under 18 a simple way to pay, walk down to practicly any store with your money, buy the pre-paid card and plug in the numbers where it asks for CC # and there ya go. (This should be stressed when you launch the service, make an annoucement inside of it, and in the FAQ about it make a section called something like "What if I don't have a CC?" and then suggest the prepaid card.

That brings me to the next subject, cost. I think the two best choices would be $2 or $5. My reasoning being that most anyone can bring in a $10 spot and buy the lowest denomination of prepaid card, and that would last you 2 months or 5. $2 might not be enough to support FFR, but if you think of the amount of people who would be like "It's only $2! sure!" opposed to those if it were $5 think "whoa... that's $60 a year" I'm sure if it was $2 you could get a huge majority of people to sign up. (You have to remember most people here don't have a CC so you'll have to assume they are going to have to use the pre-paid cards so you won't want the service to cost something that will leave an odd amount on the card like $3.50)

As for features (most have been stated already)

- Custom titles (very minor but it is nice to have, especially for $2)

- Private forums (will provide a small buffer to the extremely redundant topics from new comers)

- No ads (if they play enough to pay odds are they aren't clicking your ads anyways)

- SoTW early (probably one of the best features, and will tempt the impatient)

- Special chat rooms (get away from spammers possibly)

- Instant access to songs

- "Favorite song section" I don't know if this is feasible but I hate having to jump all around to find my favorite songs, maybe make a button once you click on the song that will "copy" it to a new tab "like dance, rock, classical" but instead it's 'favorites' so you can just go there and all the songs you like will be there, and you can remove and add songs are you like.

- Offer some different skins for the message boards that only members get

- Second high scores list that clears every 2 weeks are something? (It could be only for people who are subscribers and it would give everyone their shot at being #1)

- In the profile "top 10 level stats" increase this to 20

- Custom emoticons on the message boards

just some ideas, would like some feed back.

Also I think selling credits is a marvelous idea. Sell them in 500 credit packages.
Twasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2006, 09:36 AM   #129
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The 2 week highscores to me seem unnecessary. Because I know there would a lot of the top players joining the premium members group. Thus causing many of the same highscores there are now. But yeah most of the stuff you mentioned was already discussed. I like the custom emoticons idea though. Don't know how popular it would be but I still like it.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-6-2006, 01:53 PM   #130
RB_Dreamscanner
☭Retired Top One Hander☭
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RB_Dreamscanner

im with rade

Retired, Finished at rank 295, Top one hander on FFR
RB_Dreamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2006, 04:44 PM   #131
Windscarredfaith
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ watermelon
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Windscarredfaith Send a message via MSN to Windscarredfaith

I really like the "Favorite Song Section" idea. Like in the Dance genre, there are WAY too many pages now. It would be nice to add all your favorite songs to one custom page.
Old 12-6-2006, 08:21 PM   #132
insupherable
FFR Player

Yea, I'm canadian, and I'd definitely attend a more central/northern 'pow-wow' with a bit of cash in hand for any FFR merchandise that may be there to purchase (wink wink @ synth)
insupherable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2006, 08:35 PM   #133
Coca Cola
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rade0110 View Post
I go directly to www.flashflashrevolution.com and login under my name. I'll give you a pic of what shows up when I go to my profile.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...110/avatar.jpg

This has been happening for about 3 or 4 days now. Don't really understand why but if someone could help me out I would appreciate it because I really would like to use that siggy. Thanks!
That happens to me too sometimes. Don't worry. Other people can still see your avatar.
Coca Cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-6-2006, 08:51 PM   #134
insupherable
FFR Player

Posted here why?
Old 12-7-2006, 12:57 PM   #135
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So we took another big step and I acquired financing for another REALLY expensive server to handle the Database load. This will also allow us to regain some features we turned off to keep the server from exploding. I would expect this server to atleast get us through the first half of 2007. Now that I have the financing. It's time to figure out how to pay that server. I think the idea list we have so far is nearly complete and was just wondering if anyone had any additional thoughts.

Through the membership signup, we can set it so that it has automated recurring charges so that you don't have to beg your parents every month. And at the same time supporting bi-annual or annual automatic payments.

I am working here today to squash some credit bugs that are long standing and will be (hopefully) auto-detecting people who have cheated their credits. It will move their credit count to 0.

I was also thinking (sorry, I am sort of random today) that members would have a contact email for very quick support concerning billing, site issues or suggestions.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Last edited by Synthlight; 12-7-2006 at 02:39 PM..
Synthlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2006, 01:38 PM   #136
rade0110
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The contact email sounds like a good idea. Each member should have a contact email so that they can have a receipt for their payment. Is there an idea on monthly/bi-annual/annual pricing?

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 12-7-2006, 02:16 PM   #137
insupherable
FFR Player

Contact email would be what... blahblah@flashflashrevolution.com?
BTW Synth, you have a few 'noticeable' spelling errors. First one I see is 'acquired' and then 'expensive'... Missing a few letters... Not tryin to be a smartass or anything though.
Old 12-7-2006, 05:48 PM   #138
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by insupherable View Post
BTW Synth, you have a few 'noticeable' spelling errors. First one I see is 'acquired' and then 'expensive'... Missing a few letters... Not tryin to be a smartass or anything though.
... 0_o
My eyes crossed when I read that. Seriously.

I'm glad to hear you received a new server Synth. I hope it takes a load of stress off you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar
Naruto Vs Math Class. That has got to be the funniest choice you'll ever make in your life dude.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-7-2006, 07:48 PM   #139
insupherable
FFR Player

BTW, whats wrong with my siggy? I've tried 4 different themes, and if i try and view the image URL, it says that the file has errors, and if i try and put it in my sig, it just shows up as a little black box... Help?

My ongoing collection of personally created stepfiles. Enjoy - Keyboard only.
http://http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/sims/index.php?u=insupherable
Old 12-7-2006, 08:04 PM   #140
JasonKey
FFR Underseer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by insupherable View Post
BTW, whats wrong with my siggy? I've tried 4 different themes, and if i try and view the image URL, it says that the file has errors, and if i try and put it in my sig, it just shows up as a little black box... Help?

working for me here: thats for the URL it : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...rable/1112.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
I will be fix this. No worries. It happened during a version upgrade.
Cheers,
Synthlight
JasonKey is offline   Reply With Quote