Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you sensed regression?
Yes. 35 83.33%
No. 6 14.29%
I have not been here long enough to tell. 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2004, 08:03 PM   #121
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

You want us to get more strict?

I'm sorry, I laugh at that. I think FFR has gotten a lot more strict over the past few months, any more and it won't be a fun place.

The current mods, and how they mod is perfectly fine. We are always on the forums, we do a lot.
Old 11-21-2004, 08:04 PM   #122
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Quote:
The current mods, and how they mod is perfectly fine. We are always on the forums, we do a lot.
Except for the 4 who are hardly ever on.

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
flypie743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:05 PM   #123
qualy
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to qualy Send a message via Yahoo to qualy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypie743
I think people like 87x, Cen, Nestle, and Spook aren't really doing their job. They are never on.
I agree with this... they should be replaced with more active people who are responsible enough to handle the job. :/
qualy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:06 PM   #124
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

@LD: That's why I voted "No."

@Flypie and Qualy: Who cares if mods aren't active? So long as the job gets done, it's not a problem.

@Moogy: Very true, I didn't know you back then. However, I've never found you funny, even with the stuff people have said was ultra-funny since I've been here. And the thought of you postwhoring only gives me a negative image of what you were like, so I figured that my current opinion would be no different if I had been around for as long as you.

EDIT AFTER QUALY: Added his name in.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
GuidoHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #125
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Well, what's the point of having moderators if they aren't there to do the job?

If 3 is enough, just have 3. No need to even list more.
If 3 isn't enough, add more. So very simple.

ALSO - I second / third / a million the renaming of the Bin. Even Windows doesn't have a garbage bin for utter trash. How can we be so unjust? All random humor aside, I would recommend "Other Topics" or "Pitter Patter" if you wanted to go all retro on me.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:18 PM   #126
qualy
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to qualy Send a message via Yahoo to qualy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
Well, what's the point of having moderators if they aren't there to do the job?
Exactly.

This is a large site, and while the job gets done for the most part, when mods are inactive for a long time or most of the mods are out for a short time or what have you, all hell breaks loose sometimes (a good example of this is a 9 page postwhoring session which I don't feel like finding right now and I don't have time to find [i admit i'm guilty for participating XD]).
qualy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #127
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

I talked to Nazikwik, and he said he would be back and in it sometime after R2 came out.

Right now he is doing tons of stepfiles and personal in real life stuff, apparently.

So he's bouncing back.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
QreepyBORIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #128
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Okay, let me attempt to clarify a few things here (no, I'm not a mod here.. just an outsider).

Custom titles, although cool, are pointless. If anything, people would get the wrong impression about them and think that number of posts would change it (I'm not talking about educated people here, but educated people wouldn't spam like idiots.) I mean sure, I'd love to have one, but I'm not going to campaign for it. I'm here daily and I don't post often. Why does that deserve a custom title?

Removing the chat althogether isn't a good idea - I go there alot to kill some time. Sure it's a train wreck and spammy, but if it really bothered me that much I'd stop going. I go there because there's people there I enjoy talking to. When it gets really spammy, I leave. So what? It's aggrevating but I've been coming back since January when I first went to the chat - so obviously there's something addicting about it.

And the forums: What's wrong with them? There's a few bad apples, but nothing the mods haven't handled well. Although a part of me thinks more mods would be a permanent solution, another part of me sees these "problems" as sporatic. It's not like onces every hour some idiot comes and spams every topic with something idiotic or pointless.. for the most part, the spamming is central to one area.

I agree about taking postcounts off the Garbage Bin - alot of people just postwhore so they can see their name on the top 30 list. (Personally, I don't get it.. it's just a stupid number.)

Another idea would be to take the postcount display (under the avatar) and hide it. If people don't know how many they have without going into their profile to look, it'd cut down on postwhoring quite a bit.. trust me, on a long-lived forum I frequent (and head mod) the admin suggested it and it alleviated a large number of postwhoring.

Alot of what you people are asking can't be done as easily as you think. And alot of others are just expecting these changes to happen overnight. No forum on the internet runs smoothly. There's always going to be someone annoyed by a decision a moderator makes, and will raise a fuss about it.

I've never seen a problem with the forums - they run more smooth then most I've been on. The mods do their job, but they are human.

And another thing: Forums are nearly identical to chats.. the only difference: Forums aren't real-time, and the posts are premanent (barring deletion).

Seriously here, I haven't heard of alot of these problems you people are complaining about.. like CoryMalkovich.. who's that? And this is only the third or fourth topic I've read about the state of the chat.

I think the most important issue I raise here is postcount display. Alot of people take higher numbers as more seniority, and I think hiding that would solve alot of "forum issues" you're talking about.

As for the chat.. all I can really suggest is more mods. The ones we have now do a great job, but they're not machines.. they come to the chat to have fun, too, not just mod the hell out of it..

Most of you act like the mods have never done anything and the forums are just anarchy.

-Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
jazzmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:24 PM   #129
Anticrombie0909
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Anticrombie0909

Aiee

I was cool with this and all until somebody (also known as Chardish) suggested the following:

Quote:
this is a wake up call for forum regulars that previously overlooked behavior is now unacceptable and they don't get a pass because they're old-timers.
I say again: Aiee. Uh, we should get a free pass. Why? Because we're oldskool bihiatch. We've been around longer, so we know what's acceptable, and we know how close to the line we can toe it. Plus, if you took away all of us, you'd have a forum of blithering idiots. So yeah, we're invunerable. That's hypocricy in its truest form, but like I said before, bite me. We're better than you and that's that.
Anticrombie0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 08:29 PM   #130
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

When was the last time mods were insufficiently active? Last I recall was before Tassel came back around the time there was all the Arch business going on, and all hell certainly did break loose. The ones active now are definitely sufficient, so I don't see any reason to change the mods. The ones who aren't active were at some point and proved to be worthwhile, so I don't see any reason to take away their status, either.

EDIT: I agree with Jazz about the postcount business. I mean, lately even I have been concerned with my PC just because I'm near four digits. Of course, I don't postwhore, but I did discover the "Game" threads forum. Getting rid of PC would help out a lot of people. However, postcount is also a measure of respect when it comes to noobs. I know I want noobs to respect their position of having a single-digit PC.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:02 PM   #131
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

PC is an incredible way of measuring the abilities of a poster. Someone who joins and makes a good 100 posts in 24 hours (see: minymax) ought to be watched. Someone who joins and barely does any posts during a year timeframe, however, but manages respect would be an exception. Oddly enough, those people seem like they show up more and more often all over the forums.

As for the titles, I think they'd work, but not as well as we'd want. I'd prefer something a little more valuable, if I were working for it. Something more obvious. Naturally, something that shows you have gained respect as a poster (not necessarily a mod or admin) and can handle yourself properly. That is a given, though. What would be something I'd enjoy. Well, for one thing, I'd love to get credits added to my account or a small thread congratulating me over the accomplishment. I'm thinking somehting like "employee of the month" sort of thing.

I'm again going to address the CT Forum. It's going down the drain. Many people are one line posting. One of the worst excuses of a thread to go in there was the "Your Ideal Future" one that I dragged myself into. It was all Garbage Bin or Chit Chat material.

The Garbage Bin should have a different name. I completely agree that because of it's title many people just assume it's ok to post anything they want in there. Adopting this course of behavior could effect their posts in other forums, such as the CT (which is the one I'm worried most about. It's like a home away from home for me).

Allowing regs some slack is absolute crock. Why? So we've proven ourselves, big deal. I say that because we know that we're trusted we should be trusted less because that we know we're trusted more (therefore have the ability to get away with more). That's why I don't trust old people. Those conniving little *mumble* *mumble* trying to steal my mayonnaise...

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:07 PM   #132
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

I'm gone for one day and now this happends. There is no way I can catch up XD.

I say in general the most obvious: More mods and stricter. Don't go overboard with the mods though.

And thats about it.
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:18 PM   #133
tsutter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsutter

*Hasn't read the whole thread*

We're quite strict enough already, no need to tighten the rules more (unless we get stricter with the suspensions/bannings). No forum will be without its idiots, that's just the way things go. We could maybe use 1-2 more mods - MAYBE. The more active mods (LD, Chardish, Tasselfoot) accomplish their job very well, and at least one of them is on at all times, so I see no need for another mod.

But the quality of posts is definitely deteriorating, no doubt in my mind about that.
[02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit
tsutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:29 PM   #134
Draigun
om nom nom nom.
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Draigun Send a message via MSN to Draigun Send a message via Skype™ to Draigun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
I agree with Jazz about the postcount business. I mean, lately even I have been concerned with my PC just because I'm near four digits. Of course, I don't postwhore, but I did discover the "Game" threads forum.
You've been here > a year..your post count is fine.. :P

TO GET ALL MATHEMATICAL:
The rate of stupid people and stupid posts are greatly increasing at a constant rate *shows chart* Now, with the rate of these stupid people/post being much greater than the rate of the moderators being able to lock/delete these posts, an action would seem to need be taken. BUT, I feel that most of the mods/admins of the site are doing a great job. A stupid post is locked within a few hours.

Also, all these shitty post-whoring "IN BEFORE LOCK"'s don't make the situation any better. I am guilty of this myself. I think that all of you "regulars" could stop doing some things to help the forum out. If you're going to respond to a stupid topic/post by using a stupid post..it just doesn't work out. It normally will create yet another big flame-war AND opporitunity for some to post-whore even more.

My point: It's not the lack of staff that is causing the chaos, it's many of your lack of self control that is causing the chaos. (That, and many people that JUST DON'T READ THE DAMN RULES.) Many of you will hate me for this post, but BLAH to you.

Wow..I didn't even read the front topic..so if I'm off-topic..consider this as an off-topic opinion..

Please don't hate me.. <_<
Old 11-21-2004, 10:35 PM   #135
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Excuse me for the one line post, but...Draigun's right.

Q
The_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:40 PM   #136
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutter
The more active mods (LD, Chardish, Tasselfoot) accomplish their job very well, and at least one of them is on at all times
The only problem is that LD is the only person who's on the forums regularly who has the power to ban. And Tass and I are on at times he's not. This was a huge, huge issue when Mwerp was causing his crap on the forums, and it's sometimes hard to get someone banned even when they've earned their 4th warning (you have to bug the site admins about it, and here's how it works out:

LD: usually tolerant
Spook: usually doesn't care
Synth: usually way too busy to deal with it)
Old 11-21-2004, 10:43 PM   #137
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

We need more topics like this.

I am being 100% serious.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 10:58 PM   #138
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

@Kilga: I wouldn't mind, but I don't see that as much of a problem here. Hell, I can't think of any places I've seen that recently outside of the Garbage Bin. Heh, do that at a0.com, though, and half the posts are warnings.

@Draigun: Actually, I've been here for over two years, but have only been on the forums for seven months. I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what my join date represents.

Regarding the need for a proactive admin, where's jewp been? I'm not suggesting anything, that just reminded me that I haven't seen much of him lately. I can see how that could be a problem for chardish and Tassel.

--Guido

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-21-2004, 11:13 PM   #139
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsutter
The more active mods (LD, Chardish, Tasselfoot) accomplish their job very well, and at least one of them is on at all times
The only problem is that LD is the only person who's on the forums regularly who has the power to ban. And Tass and I are on at times he's not. This was a huge, huge issue when Mwerp was causing his crap on the forums, and it's sometimes hard to get someone banned even when they've earned their 4th warning (you have to bug the site admins about it, and here's how it works out:

I dont know why I dont have site admin anymore. Meh.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:13 PM   #140
tsutter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish

I see how that can pose as a problem (and honestly, I could have SWORN you were an admin >_>). Honestly, I think you deserve admin privelages, you're intelligent, a good mod, and active. LD is all of the above too, except he's just one guy. One guy can't admin a forum as big as FFR's.

But what happened with Mwerp doesn't come along very often, and usually the mods can deal with it (deleting messages like KATIEFUCKINGCHEN telling people how to get to secret songs in FFR). But yeah, I think we could use 1-2 more admins.

*casts "Make Chardish an Admin" vote*
[02:02:16] <Hayden> i carry the plastic i make it spastic when i put it in ya moms ass boy her **** is elastic when im finished in knee that slut in the jaw snap her back in to pieces i lay down the law cuz i gots no respect fo that ***** elixers **** seeing as he got double dick ****ed on dust 2 by an ingram at long A in pit
tsutter is offline   Reply With Quote