Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 09:21 PM   #121
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
1) Immediately after voting you locked the topic even though it was not your place to do so. Now, if all votes were illegitimate after that, what would the point of locking the topic be? My only theory would be that it is to prevent the other players from discussing your vote until the next morning.
no.. it was to adhere to the rules that the round ends after the last vote is cast. in both of the past games, the round has ended after the last vote was cast... or after 24 hours. if you wanted time for comments after the last vote, you should have made the rules "the round will end 30 minutes after the last vote is cast"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
2) This sudden "change in the rules" is because you cannot hold a knife-in-box contest between three people.
should have thought of that before then... or used kilga's rule of needing 50% of the total votes.

Quote:
3) You voted for Aleco just so you could create this little fix (a three-way tie), then you immediately locked the topic to prevent further discussion about it. Your previous comment about a four-way tie being entertaining confirms it. You cannot hold a knife-in-box contest between four people either.
i voted for aleco because i feel he is the most likely candidate for being a wolf. see above for why i locked it.

Quote:
4) Your entire attitude throughout this entire situation suggests that you are trying to exert an insane level of control over how this game is being played, much like how in the last game you demanded that you were treated exactly as I would treat the seer/psychic simply because you had an alliance with them.
what attitude? i don't see myself exerting control.... i'm just looking for a little consistency. is that too much to ask? for the moderator to follow his own rules? and, last game... if you didn't want to tell me something, you didn't have to. i wasn't torturing you.

Quote:
5) Constantly bullying me into doing what you want is getting nowhere.
i merely ask you... you have chosen to listen to my suggestions... and are now trying to blame me for them.

Quote:
6) Anyone who's played TWG before will tell you that the moderator has had to make snap decisions in the interest of keeping the game fair, active, and engaging. Rather, you seem like you are trying to usurp the role of game moderator in an attempt to further your own plans, whatever they may be.
i only played the game once before here, so i wouldn't know. all i know is that you have rules. and now you are choosing to ignore them. perhaps you'll find other ways to stretch or bend the rules in the future. i'm just looking for consistency. no where have i said anything about wanting to be the moderator.

Quote:
7) The day period is time for humans to make up their mind about who the most likely wolf candidate is. Alloting extra time for the humans to make up their minds instead of throwing away the vote to random chance would help the humans, don't you think?
but you aren't allowing for that. you are only allowing for a select few people to vote for a select few people.... so, it may be helpful. it may also not be helpful. i have no sure way of knowing. if you really wanted it to be so fair though, perhaps you should make the day 100 hours long, instead of 24. to help insure everyone has a strong motive behind their vote. all you've done here is put pressure on people to vote for someone who they didn't origionally want to vote for.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #122
User6773

Doing the 50% rule would have forced people to vote for someone they didn't want to anyway. You have been a sower of discord. If you honestly thought Aleco was a wolf then why would you want a 4-way tie - even less of a chance of a wolf getting voted off?

Forget it, consider that a rhetorical question. I'm sick of getting emotionally worked up about a Day 1 vote, and so should you.

Old 11-10-2004, 09:32 PM   #123
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

:<

I don't want this game to end.

Why can't you do a knife in the box thing with three boxes, and someone puts a knife in one box, and if neither of them pick the knife, the guy who put the knife in the box is killed.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:35 PM   #124
CStarFlare
FFR Player

Quote:
should have thought of that before then... or used kilga's rule of needing 50% of the total votes.
Or maybe you shouldn't have been going out of your way to fuck with things for the sake of making things "interesting."

I'm sorry, but since it's your deliberate "HAHAH A 3 WAY TIE WOULD BE SO HOT" vote that made Chardish change his vote, I don't really think you have a right to bitch.

Quote:
i voted for aleco because i feel he is the most likely candidate for being a wolf.
Quote:
to make things fun... i vote aleco
Am I misreading something here, or did your story just totally change?

Quote:
but you aren't allowing for that.
Yes, he is. He's allowing us the chance to pick who we want to lynch out of the 3 instead of using the 100% random knife box.

In my opinion, doing the knife box, unless it's a last resort (IE: tie in a runoff), is stupid since it doesn't reflect who we really think was a wolf, just how lucky the survivor was.

Quote:
Why can't you do a knife in the box thing with three boxes, and someone puts a knife in one box, and if neither of them pick the knife, the guy who put the knife in the box is killed.
What if both of them pick it? Do they both die?

And the person who puts it in the box would have a much better chance of survival than the other two if the only way he could die is if neither picks the box with the knife in it.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #125
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

i was thinking that the whole time Cypher... wanted to see if chardish would be able to think outside the box (hehe) or would just continue on his merry way of disorder, chaos, and utter lack of care for the rules he himself set up just to try and upset me.... at the potential cost of the integrity of this entire game.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:40 PM   #126
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

SPOILERS

ImEric dies.

Seriously, he got two votes after the runoff started, which was only supposed to go for 90 minutes, and no one else got any, so it would make things simplest if we just stopped now.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realize there were still 30 minutes left.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #127
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

CStar, I was thinking about that, but if both pick it, I would think it would go into the normal knife-in-the-box.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #128
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Yes, let's drag this out even longer.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:50 PM   #129
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Damnit >.<

I was just saying, if we had done the three way knife in the box in the first place, it might have saved time.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:58 PM   #130
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

and... with the 3-way box... you aren't allowed to both pick the same box. duh. odds are completely even for all 3.

1 puts it in a box... then another selects 1 box. then the 3rd selects a seperate box. then the one who put the knife into the box gets whatever box wasn't selected. whoever has the knife gets killed.

this isn't god damn rocket science.... and if chardish didn't go off on his crazy power trip to me earlier, i would have told him about this then. but, he pissed me off instead.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:58 PM   #131
The_Q
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to The_Q Send a message via Yahoo to The_Q

Look, I think that this idea could be improved upon, but it's the best we have. Tass and Char ought to drop it out of the thread, though. I don't want to hear their bickering.

Q
Old 11-10-2004, 10:09 PM   #132
User6773

ImEric gets a look of visible anger on his face. "Ye think I`m a traitor?" he shouts at Captain Dawkins. "I, who'd give me life fer this ship in th' blink o' an eye?"

"This be nay me decision, matey," says Captain Dawkins. "I be havin' t' trust that me men be havin' made th' soundest decision they's can. An' if a sea captain canna trust his men, who can he trust? T' th' plank wi' ye."

ImEric steps on the plank. "I`ll swim t' safety! Ye`ll live t' regret this!" he shouts.

"Oh, ye didn`t think I was goin' t' let ye live, did I?" says the Captain, smartly producing a pistol. He shoots ImEric twice, one in each shoulder. ImEric falls to the plank, barely hanging on. "Canna be havin' ye swimmin' away like I did," he says. The Captain kicks the plank and ImEric loses his grip, falling to the sea. He vainly struggles to stay afloat but the pain in his shoulders has overwhelmed him and he is unable to move his arms without tremendous pain. The pains are insurmountable, and within seconds he has sunk.

"Break out th' whiskey, men! We may be havin' killed a traitor tonight!"

It is now Night 2. Wolves, seer, guardian - PM me with picks.

Old 11-11-2004, 06:36 PM   #133
User6773

The Q comes frantically running out of his quarters to the crew assembled on the deck.

"Listen up, men! I be havin' news! I was attacked last night!" says Q.

"Attacked?" says Captain Dawkins. "'Ow? An' how come ye didn`t defend yersef?"

"Now look ye, I had one too many sips o` th' grog last night, an' I wasn`t exactly in th' soundest o' physic o` mental health. I could barely stand up straight, when this strange lookin` villian busts into me quarters an' starts slicin' me up wi' his rapier. Behold!"

Q throws up his shirt, revealing his bloody torso, still covered with many a fresh wound.

"'Ow'd ye live?" asks the Captain.

"I saw a figure come out o' th' shadows," says The Q. "He was lurkin' thar in me quarters, like he expected th' attacker t' show up. Fought him off, he did. Th' sea rat ran away before I could catch his face, an' so did th' man who guard'd me."

"What ortin' we do now?" asks Tasselfoot.

"Ye know what ye ortin' to be doin! Thar still be traitors here on me ship!" shouts the Captain. "Figure out who they's be! Ye swabby whuts!"

Congratulations to the guardian on the first successful pick in FFR TWG history. It is now Day 2.

Here's who's left:

87x
Aleco
Blahblah
Cenright
CStarFlare
CypherToorima
Flawofhumanity
Flypie
GuidoHunter
Hydrojakep
Kefit
Kilgamayan
QreepyBoris
Roopert
SleeplessDragn
Tasselfoot
The Q
Zildjian

Old 11-11-2004, 06:47 PM   #134
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Heck yes to the Gaurdian. Good job. Anyways, there still isn't much to go off from the forum. And now we know the Q is human
Old 11-11-2004, 06:50 PM   #135
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Basically, we know they had something against The Q.

I also swear it was not me. XD

But we have had like nothing to go on anyway.

I withhold my vote.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #136
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

They may have not something against the Q, but the Q is a smart person, so they probably just wanted him off. It seems the wolves still follow that trend of whoever is the smartest. Now the question is, should the gaurdian gaurd him again?
Old 11-11-2004, 07:02 PM   #137
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

My vote is for Tasselfoot.

He kinda stood up for The Q when he was getting several votes, so wouldn't seem likely that he'd tried to kill the guy.

That and he complained about random voting, which I've seen wolves do more than once.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:06 PM   #138
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

i think you just have a hardon for getting rid of my kilga. suprised you didn't go after me in the 1st game.

i seriously hope i get seered. i want in on the wolf's demise plotting. especially now that Q has been openly cleared.

and, everything between myself and chardish had nothing to do with the game. we got upset with each other, and well... you see the results.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:08 PM   #139
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Uh, I didn't mention anything about your scrap with Chardish.
Old 11-11-2004, 07:34 PM   #140
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
and, everything between myself and chardish had nothing to do with the game. we got upset with each other, and well... you see the results.
WE'RE BUDS AGAIN!

Closed Thread