Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-4-2011, 11:17 AM   #121
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Default Re: I don't want to live on this planet anymore

An ounce of rejection is worse than a pound of "sure".
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2011, 11:17 AM   #122
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

In case anyone here had any doubts as to just how ignorant and hilarious these protestors are:

http://occupywallst.org/forum/propos...all-st-moveme/
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2011, 11:23 AM   #123
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

hahaha those demands
Old 10-5-2011, 11:40 AM   #124
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

those demands made me lol hardcore
Old 10-5-2011, 02:54 PM   #125
~kitty~
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Man, they love to complain about rich people a whole lot. "Oh, if this keeps up one man will own the entire earth hurr" "IMPEACH OBAMA LUL"

EDIT: I'm actually paraphrasing and they didn't say hurr or lul.
~kitty~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2011, 03:06 PM   #126
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

My god. That list of demands was HILARIOUS.
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2011, 03:12 PM   #127
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

please forgive me for borrowing 65 trillion

p.s. no refunds
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-5-2011, 03:13 PM   #128
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

"Only one percent of Americans have a solid understanding of economic theory. We are the 99 percent."
Old 10-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #129
styroflex-pseudo-man
FFR Player

he he ha ha

Last edited by styroflex-pseudo-man; 10-29-2011 at 10:15 AM..
styroflex-pseudo-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #130
midnghtraver
Icarus Moth
FFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I would have smashed my foot into all of those cops' faces.

EDIT: "Demand four: Free college education." lol wut

Last edited by midnghtraver; 10-15-2011 at 09:24 PM..
midnghtraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:23 PM   #131
Aldentron
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to Aldentron

"Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands."

this is not actual proof that reincarnate does not do good research before he goes spouting off on his being-a-successful-businessman=being-intelligent spiel, per se, but a very good indicator. great job linking a forum thread as a source and deeming it as valid information.

now, here are some more videos of those dirty hippies who don't know how the economy works getting arrested by innocent cops who fly off the handle at work just like ordinary people do. your words not mine.

^this ones for all of you who think these assaults are provoked. you can plainly see that the officer attempts to submit the occupant from a stand still, and proceeds to beat him upon failure.
here's why corporate media gives us a bad rap (you would too):

and here is my favorite and one of the most recent:

the man pinned under the scooter is not even an occupant, rather an observer from the lawyers guild.

and lastly, here is my shameless plug; i am an organizer for my own city's occupation (Occupy Fort Worth,) and here we are on the march. my dirty, no-job-having hippie self is the one setting the pace

begin harassment for my being socially conscious.
i remember a time when he wuz kewl

like... wut
Aldentron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #132
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

I will say that these protests have shown me wrong for one thing though. It was a discussion I got into a while ago about the current economic times. I was saying that no matter what the numbers show, the current recession isn't anywhere near what happened in the Great Depression, and I was like 'there's no shanty towns on the streets, unemployment's not as bad as it was back then' etc. Well, here's the shanty towns.

And yes Kitty, I was saying the protestor's weren't really doing anything wrong. How do you think a protest is successful, but sitting on my front lawn with a sign? Huge difference between blocking traffic and assaulting someone. (Wait, that would be pretty ****ing creepy, whole blocks of suburbia with people sitting silently on their front lawn, signs in the air, staring at you as you drove by.)

Isn't it great when the news shows politicians arguing points that protestors aren't making? Yes, people who make as much money as my parents pay a ton of taxes...they are upper-middle class, they aren't Irving or McCain. Ah, good ol' Irving, who gets taxpayers to pay for the tree-planting that they'll harvest in 50 years, because it clearly can't afford to grow its own capital or remain a stable business without my 50 bucks.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:58 PM   #133
Darkbreezee
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

oh boy just realized that i DO want to keep on living on this planet realized that i can get under the top 1000 D:
Old 10-18-2011, 05:04 PM   #134
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavernio View Post
I will say that these protests have shown me wrong for one thing though. It was a discussion I got into a while ago about the current economic times. I was saying that no matter what the numbers show, the current recession isn't anywhere near what happened in the Great Depression, and I was like 'there's no shanty towns on the streets, unemployment's not as bad as it was back then' etc. Well, here's the shanty towns.

And yes Kitty, I was saying the protestor's weren't really doing anything wrong. How do you think a protest is successful, but sitting on my front lawn with a sign? Huge difference between blocking traffic and assaulting someone. (Wait, that would be pretty ****ing creepy, whole blocks of suburbia with people sitting silently on their front lawn, signs in the air, staring at you as you drove by.)

Isn't it great when the news shows politicians arguing points that protestors aren't making? Yes, people who make as much money as my parents pay a ton of taxes...they are upper-middle class, they aren't Irving or McCain. Ah, good ol' Irving, who gets taxpayers to pay for the tree-planting that they'll harvest in 50 years, because it clearly can't afford to grow its own capital or remain a stable business without my 50 bucks.
how does that ignorance taste
Old 10-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #135
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
this is not actual proof that reincarnate does not do good research before he goes spouting off on his being-a-successful-businessman=being-intelligent spiel, per se, but a very good indicator. great job linking a forum thread as a source and deeming it as valid information.
yes aldentron i know how to read

there is no "official" list of demands because the entire thing is one disorganized mess of ignorance. i linked that post to show what kind of people we're dealing with, here. In fact, i said that explicitly: "In case anyone here had any doubts as to just how ignorant and hilarious these protestors are"

wall street made the problems worse, yes, but a lot of those guys got ****ed in this, too. if you want to REALLY blame someone, blame the anti-intellectual, anti-science, god-fearing, ignorant, average ****tard citizen who keeps voting incompetent lunatics into office, and blame individuals who keep insisting that they should be able to finance things they cannot realistically afford.

at the end of the day, everyone is to blame for the mess we're in. tragedy of the commons.

“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”

Last edited by Reincarnate; 10-18-2011 at 09:44 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #136
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
at the end of the day, everyone is to blame for the mess we're in. tragedy of the commons.

“If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.”
Quote for freaking truth.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #137
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

granted, fox news in particular is egregious and should almost never be taken seriously. getting your news from the tv is a surefire way to ensure you never really learn what's going on. yes, some cops out there are being douchebags (we went over this earlier). i agree with the sentiment of occupy wall street but not its details. our country is neck-deep in shit, but yelling at wall street isn't going to solve anything. it just won't. waste of time. they aren't the main problem.

most of these protestors are idiots. they're angry and just want someone to blame, but protesting this way is just embarrassing -- and it does nothing to solve the real issue. it just gives the media more fodder to launch at the uninformed viewer to turn things yet again in favor of the upper .5% come voting time. being right for the wrong reasons (or for incomplete reasons) is not enough.

btw that one video you posted in front of One Liberty Plaza? i was just there the other day. why don't you show the pictures/videos of the guys with the anti-Jewish conspiracy billboards, or the "Wall St hates Muslims" guys? it's complete bullshit. the guy in the video you linked WAS provoking the cops, contrary to what you said.

also lmfao@drama queen "under the scooter." seriously. this is the kind of shit i'm talking about.

i go to wall street daily. even if you're protesting, the cops aren't going to mess with you unless you're trying to make a scene and be a hero for five seconds of fame. it's like a moderator's worst nightmare -- dealing with countless trolls and then filmed every second and being called out on police brutality the moment something starts.

it gets to the point where the police are so on edge and can't trust anyone because at any moment one of those otherwise innocent-looking jackasses is going to pop out from the crowd and do something stupid.

yes, our system is hugely set up in favor of the upper .5%. so actually go do something about it instead of wasting time with this nonsense.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 10-18-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 06:42 PM   #138
Bluearrowll
⊙▃⊙
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Bluearrowll Send a message via MSN to Bluearrowll

Quote:
In case anyone here had any doubts as to just how ignorant and hilarious these protestors are:

http://occupywallst.org/forum/propos...all-st-moveme/
Just to re-iterate the ignorance.

Some of the demands are just plain dumb - one of them talks about the entire world defaulting. -_-
5th in Phynx's Unofficial FFR Tournament
9th in D3 of the 2008-2009 4th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D5 of the 2010 5th Official FFR Tournament
10th in D6 of the 2011-2012 6th Official FFR Tournament

FMO AAA Count: 71
FGO AAA Count: 10

Bluearrowll = The Canadian player who can not detect awkward patterns. If it's awkward for most people, it's normal for Terry. If the file is difficult but super straight forward, he has issues. If he's AAAing a FGO but then heard that his favorite Hockey team was losing by a point, Hockey > FFR
PS: Cool AAA's Terry
- I Love You

An Alarm Clock's Haiku
beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep
beep beep beep beep beep
- ieatyourlvllol
Bluearrowll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:09 PM   #139
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

yes we know the demands are dumb but a list of demands made by a single idiot wall st. protester isn't where the problems with the occupy wall st. movement lie
Old 10-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #140
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
blame the anti-intellectual, anti-science, god-fearing, ignorant, average ****tard citizen who keeps voting incompetent lunatics into office
I read "vomiting" there, and the sentence made just as much sense.

In other news, Cracked posted something interesting about this: http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-types-...eir-own-cause/

Last edited by qqwref; 10-18-2011 at 10:34 PM..