Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2008, 01:40 PM   #1361
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

This man has spent over two years solely on one video game. The game has been delayed to give him an additional three months.

Complaining is only going to put more stress on the guy.

There are literally dozens of other great games on every console that you can enjoy in the meantime.

Video game developers delay games all the time. It's generally to make the game better or adjust it based on new information. They have no obligation to release on a specific date, nor do they have any obligation to tell you why the game is being delayed.

Last edited by Squeek; 01-15-2008 at 01:42 PM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #1362
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Delayed again I'm guessing by the complaining? Ah well. Don't get me wrong, I am anxious for the game, but don't you think you are over-reacting slightly guys? They wouldn't just randomly delay the game for fun. They are delaying it because they want it to be just perfect. It is my money I am spending on the game, I would like them to work their best on it, make the game amazing, and delay the release then it be released sooner and hear "Oh well we could of done this" or find some type of glitch in the game, and the game end up not being worth the money I paid for it.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #1363
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
This man has spent over two years solely on one video game. The game has been delayed to give him an additional three months.

Complaining is only going to put more stress on the guy.

There are literally dozens of other great games on every console that you can enjoy in the meantime.

Video game developers delay games all the time. It's generally to make the game better or adjust it based on new information. They have no obligation to release on a specific date, nor do they have any obligation to tell you why the game is being delayed.
And the game will make him millions. BOO HOO
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #1364
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Heh, if that comment about Capcom wanting Megaman in the game is true, then this delay looks pretty damn sweet

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:07 PM   #1365
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Heh, if that comment about Capcom wanting Megaman in the game is true, then this delay looks pretty damn sweet
That would be so awesome if he was in it.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:25 PM   #1366
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo
We're give you MegaMan for you letting us have...let's say 3 months more?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lar
Hell yeah

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #1367
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
Not if it's released early, has a bug, and requires a recall or a replacement disc, which will cost Nintendo the millions in revenue that he would originally make.

When your console doesn't have a hard drive, you can't just ship an incomplete piece of trash onto the market. You actually have to care about what you're making so you don't make a huge mistake that will cost you millions in replacements or fixes.

Activision is the first to learn this lesson the hard way. They now have to offer replacement discs for well over one million customers. Paying for shipping and handling, along with the time it takes to correct the mistake, along with the production fees for each disc. That's easily going to cost millions of dollars. Just for a simple little mistake.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #1368
zidart
FFR Player

QFT squeek.

so brawl got a delay, heck that's actually darn good because february is filled with many many good releases for nintendo consoles. there's another ton of games that you can play while you wait for brawl, and i'm 100% sure that we will not find any problems with it because it was perfectly made.

sure it's dissapointing that they couldn't do their deadline but heck when the people fight against time they just mess up, so i think we should give sakurai all the time he needs. and those who made parties can just wait or make parties of another game.... come on people there's a lot more on the wii and is not a casual console (play fire emblem radiant dawn and you'll see what's anti-casual)
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #1369
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Not if it's released early, has a bug, and requires a recall or a replacement disc, which will cost Nintendo the millions in revenue that he would originally make.

When your console doesn't have a hard drive, you can't just ship an incomplete piece of trash onto the market. You actually have to care about what you're making so you don't make a huge mistake that will cost you millions in replacements or fixes.

Activision is the first to learn this lesson the hard way. They now have to offer replacement discs for well over one million customers. Paying for shipping and handling, along with the time it takes to correct the mistake, along with the production fees for each disc. That's easily going to cost millions of dollars. Just for a simple little mistake.
The comment towards the "he spent 2 years of his life on this one game!" obviously...You acted like hes been some sort of slave.
Old 01-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #1370
Telvanni_guard
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Telvanni_guard Send a message via MSN to Telvanni_guard

Technically.. he is. Not a slave in the formal sense, but a slave in that he has to make this game and it has to be his top priority.
Telvanni_guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #1371
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

The delay seems like a massive ****block while we get little tidbits of information from the website that constitute the feather Nintendo's using to tickle us while we lay bound and gagged.

The day I'm getting this game is the day when I'm getting a Wii, so it's no biggie.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #1372
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyoshi View Post
The delay seems like a massive ****block while we get little tidbits of information from the website that constitute the feather Nintendo's using to tickle us while we lay bound and gagged.

The day I'm getting this game is the day when I'm getting a Wii, so it's no biggie.
good luck with that XD... is hard to get a wii normally and there's tons of people that want one too, unless you have it reserved then you should get it as soon as you can
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:28 PM   #1373
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telvanni_guard View Post
Technically.. he is. Not a slave in the formal sense, but a slave in that he has to make this game and it has to be his top priority.
Its called a job dude. Except his job pays MUCH better than the average.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #1374
arsonistsgetallthegirls
FFR Player

Dear god...
The pikmin stage is absolutely amazing.

Looks chaotic as **** one second, and peaceful and serene the next.

[Trust me, This user is your friend.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeron View Post
Holy ****, civility in the forums?! My head just asploded.
Wait, What?
arsonistsgetallthegirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:32 PM   #1375
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Wow... by the time the game actually makes it into stores, we're all going to know everything about the game already.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #1376
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoxin View Post
Wow... by the time the game actually makes it into stores, we're all going to know everything about the game already.
Considering they're holding a conference at GDC unveiling everything about the game... yeah.

It was supposed to be a post-release conference, but now it's a pre-release conference. That tells me that this delay was totally unexpected and last-minute.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #1377
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
Using that same logic, we can treat anyone who has a job like dirt. Who cares what they feel! They are earning money! Lets spit in our waiter's face because we're paying him to serve us.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #1378
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
What the hell did you expect with just a small handful of people working on a game this huge?
I expected the team to provide an accurate release date. If you aren't absolutely sure that the game can be released by a certain time, don't post a release date. Or give a "no-later-than" date approximately four months ahead of when you -hope- to finish it, and update it to be closer to the expected release date as progress continues.

Like you said, game companies do this all the time, and it's so ridiculously annoying and such a terrible practice. All it does is get fans angry from anticipation and disappointment. If you can't provide an accurate release, don't provide one at all.

EDIT: Haha, SmashBoards is down. All the people angry about the delay must be inadvertently DoSing it.
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 PM   #1379
chemicalrabbit
FFR Player

Calm down........................... Am I the only person on this forum who played Brawl here? I was there with Gimpyfish -- he raped my fox with his Bowser.
chemicalrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #1380
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Tell us how your experience went. It's nice to know from someone who played first hand.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote