Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > Turbo Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 09:12 PM   #1321
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG Turbo VIII: Time Travel (Turbo) - Game Thread

got distracted putting my gf to bed btw; i'm here till eod, i'll keep doing my reread for awhile, then talk with you guys about it later.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:14 PM   #1322
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
if neee is a wolf I guarantee that AA is eyerolling in deadchat talking about how stupid people clearing other people for dumbtells is

I think its too little to clear someone for in lylo, honestly
I agree

and I'm the one being cleared.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:15 PM   #1323
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

nee throwing shade at me for a vote that was due to her previous game.

What is happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:16 PM   #1324
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

i will say sunfan taking this tact of trying to get charu to unclear me (a villager) is vaguely wolfy. Even though I agree with it in theory, he's being very.. OUTSPOKEN about it now, when it has largely taken a backseat in previous days.

noted
Old 11-29-2016, 09:18 PM   #1325
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

@charu: obviously the strength of that read will be weighted with the fact that it is from the first 80 posts.

I'm not an idiot.

Its just part of the full reread. I'm going to note things and see if there are trends/agendas that I can see from certain players (such as getting a villager lynched without an attempt at reevaluation or to accurately read them) and as such, you pushing a villager for a loltier reason in the early game needs to be noted.

/shrug.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #1326
thesunfan
Role Tide
Sectional ModeratorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to thesunfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknightsofneeee View Post
i will say sunfan taking this tact of trying to get charu to unclear me (a villager) is vaguely wolfy. Even though I agree with it in theory, he's being very.. OUTSPOKEN about it now, when it has largely taken a backseat in previous days.

noted
why am I not townie for trying to get people to look at all angles, specifically my top town

I get the fact that I didn't mention it before, but it wasn't lylo before
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 11-29-2016, 09:23 PM   #1327
thesunfan
Role Tide

like, the conclusion is fine, but there was a forked path you had to take and you took one over the other
Did you get a chance to kill that deadbeat sonuvabitch boyfriend of danceguys', "sunfan"? i hate that fucker. he's a stupid head. i'm way smarter and funnier and prettier and richer and more sensitive than him, and like i can get drunk and still hold complex logical conversations n shit and i bet that fucker cant.
Quote:
Quote:
(Someone helpfully lectured us in postgame that we voted out the wrong inactive player with COVID on Day 1.)
Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #1328
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

back

i saw sunfan respond to my chart thing in progress and i wanna say a lot of it is unsorted right now, but several things in his post are worth saying things about
Old 11-29-2016, 09:27 PM   #1329
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
From his general postings (which I haven't really paid much attention to in detail because I was so hard on clearing him).

He pushed mellon pretty hard Day 2 (understandably so). Nothing he has done last day phase has me thinking he's a wolf. His defense against his tunnel on mellon was also pretty okay tbh when MML was prodding.

And then you got today, where yes, he made some excuse for not being here, but if I'm also going to ignore his irl issue, I would say that's a pretty scummy thing to do. But if I take into account his irl issue, then it's actually pretty understandable and painfully neutral in that case (with a hint of town that he even attempted to let people know what was going on).

I would say if he never said that, probably be weak town lean.
Everytime you admit you haven't paid attention it makes me like you less and less.

Quote:
And MML calling nee for sheeping onto mellon... is kind of funny, now that I think about it.
I didn't call him a sheep for voting Mellon. I called him sheep for his new entrance basically being "Yeah what Charu said"
Or IIRC "Yeah this is where I'm at. +1 Charu"

Quote:

noted
Why is it wolfy? Is it because it's you?
Because even you seem to think his reason for clearing you is garbage but you think SunFan pointing it out is wolfy is shit tier

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #1330
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

also to comment on the structure, if there's an entry in the top list thing, it's more what i'm considering as my evidence right now and it's welcome for comment, rather than definitive clears

the lower stuff is either unsorted or counter-evidence i wanna track
Old 11-29-2016, 09:29 PM   #1331
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Everytime you admit you haven't paid attention it makes me like you less and less.
Oh I'm sorry, I'm going to read every single post to the tiniest detail and keep a record of what everyone has said in a notepad file.

Screw you, dude.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:30 PM   #1332
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
dadcop's most recent post reads weird to me
charu why are you doing that stop
i'll be gone in a bit until like 9pm but i'll be back eod (soccer game, clemson vs. albany in sweet 16, i live in est, megumin)
Quote:
If you don't come back, I'm temporarily changing my vote to you and I won't change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
i'll surely be here at eod but it may not be 9 on the dot
Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
heh
Quote:
do you know what "temporarily" means?
Quote:
Yeah, my vote will be on dfr temporarily and won't change.

Got some logical problem with that, officer programmer?
this exchange continues for awhile, but it doesn't actually seem relevant past this.

a couple things about it.

a) this is charu voting or justifying a vote on a villager for the second time for loltier reasons.

b) I think this interaction is almost never w/w. Particularly the first couple posts from inD to charu felt like a genuine reaction and genuine push to an awkward post, rather than bussing. could still be w/v v/w or v/v, but never w/w imo.

Quote:
i like this in particular of your bigger post btw
Quote:
I don't really /get/ this
i found this to be an odd interaction while reading, but I don't remember why.

i guess its kinda cause sunfan just doesn't explain what he doesn't get about it? seems kinda forced (again possible w/w)

Quote:
btw, hot read.

inDheart is rubbing me the wrong way, or maybe it's because he was trying to pick apart my "temporarily" post.

It didn't sit right with me.
another not w/w post imo.

Quote:
fwiw I would've done the same thing (maybe not as much as he did) regarding pointing it out

cuz you def used "temporarily" incorrectly there
i'm feeling like a broken record already, but this is a weird soft defense of inD here to charu.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:35 PM   #1333
theknightsofneeee
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Why is it wolfy? Is it because it's you?
Because even you seem to think his reason for clearing you is garbage but you think SunFan pointing it out is wolfy is shit tier
i mean, kinda?

like, level 1 says that wolves are gonna try to lynch villagers, and villagers need to find and clear other villagers.

sunfan attempting to tear apart a correct villa read on a person (regardless on if I agree with the reasoning or not) is wolfy because it could be agenda driven.

Like, if I were a wolf in this scenario, and there was a villa being cleared by someone for a dumbtell, you can be sure as shit that i'd be trying my damnedest to tear that read apart. It just makes the game harder for you.

And i'd probably say it as a villager to, but more in mild frustration at someone acting that way and possibly being wrong, more than the way that sunfan seems to be going about it.

Could just be a playstyle difference, i'll grant you, but it just kinda /feels/ wolfy.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #1334
thesunfan
Role Tide

man I just got called lvl 1
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 09:47 PM   #1335
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

meh, now that i look at my chart i have a hard time putting myself in the mindset of trying to read the thread as a story again

relying on my memory i can somewhat reliably clear charu+sunfan, which is probably the strongest part of that whole thing there

for the charu part sunfan is right that i probably fell into things that are too charu-cteristic and not reading them with the right lens. the weak thing on #60 is that i found it odd/interesting that charu and nee class their mellon reads/votes as "deal with it" is all, little wording twinge similarity. it's really weak

it's been hard to dig posts on sunfan himself because i'm reading it in a mindset that he doesn't like bussing and the thing is like he exerts similar behaviors across multiple different players - like i wanted to see if i could pick on him coaching in thread and who he calls "friend", especially because i thought the latter was somewhat telling, but he's smarter than that and it's nothing really better than circumstantial anyway

similarly, mml yells at everyone, but if there's someone i felt he was mildest or strangest on i would say it's nee - they seemed to interact more gently than mml with other players and besides a scumread on nee that mml had for a bit it didn't really get that heated between those two specifically imo
Old 11-29-2016, 09:49 PM   #1336
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

another stupid cue i have that probably doesn't mean anything is sunfan's "fwiw"
Old 11-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #1337
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
This is a shit ton of work if wolf, wtf
yeah except half finishing it because of real life has bitten me in the ass in terms of picking it back up again, oh well
Old 11-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #1338
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

You know what? I don't care about this game anymore.

Logic isn't working and reading the thread isn't helping.

nee, I'm going to vote for you. How does that make you feel?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 11-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #1339
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
i mean, kinda?

like, level 1 says that wolves are gonna try to lynch villagers, and villagers need to find and clear other villagers.

sunfan attempting to tear apart a correct villa read on a person (regardless on if I agree with the reasoning or not) is wolfy because it could be agenda driven.

Like, if I were a wolf in this scenario, and there was a villa being cleared by someone for a dumbtell, you can be sure as shit that i'd be trying my damnedest to tear that read apart. It just makes the game harder for you.

And i'd probably say it as a villager to, but more in mild frustration at someone acting that way and possibly being wrong, more than the way that sunfan seems to be going about it.

Could just be a playstyle difference, i'll grant you, but it just kinda /feels/ wolfy.
I find stopping Sunfan's momentum in this situation much more wolfy
Hate where he ends up but don't stop him. He's getting Charu to post---organically even---and that's nothing but positive.

But you don't like it because your clearing Charu with like no real buildup over the game and he's clearing you for a reason that EVEN YOU THINK WAS BAD.

The ONLY reason to stop SunFan right now is that you might fear where he's going

Town should never fear where he's going, although they can disagree with his conclusion. Difference there

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 11-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #1340
thesunfan
Role Tide

Quote:
another stupid cue i have that probably doesn't mean anything is sunfan's "fwiw"
I guarantee that this has very little if any meaning

I've been trying to cut down on fwiw and imo just because
Quote:
Quote:
Closed Thread