Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:31 PM   #13181
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

You should probably stop for now. I never found the double your level thing to work.

But frankly, I've never really played a Bandit much.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:33 PM   #13182
stfuitsbrandon
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to stfuitsbrandon

yeah, i think im just making an archer, i feel like working nonstop just for a damn bird.

*edit* wtf, delivering that jewel to the guy at that pig farm = cake?
how cheap is that. i wanted my pig magazine

srsly, dis wuz epik b ond buhleaf

Last edited by stfuitsbrandon; 04-28-2007 at 02:37 PM..
Old 04-28-2007, 02:36 PM   #13183
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I don't think the bird is very satisfying at all =.= But I'm pretty sure Cam(or was it someone else?) enjoyed it.

EDIT: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...t=66692&page=2 (scroll down)

Last edited by ToshX; 04-28-2007 at 03:14 PM..
Old 04-28-2007, 04:38 PM   #13184
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfuitsbrandon View Post
so, im not supposed to be putting in dex?
:\

Let me repeat this:

EVERY SINGLE CLASS SHOULD ONLY ADD TO THEIR SECONDARY STAT IF IT IS NEEDED FOR AN UPCOMING WEAPON THAT THEY WILL BE USING. (the exception, I suppose, being warriors who add dex for accuracy)

For you, as a bandit, you have Korean Fan coming up, and that has no dex requirement. These are not hard to come by.

In the long run however, dexless dits don't work so well. Low dex is ALWAYS the way to go for thieves. Dexless just means you're limited to a few specific weapons, and unless I'm mistaken, they'll be plagued with accuracy issues at higher levels until forever.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #13185
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Okay, I just started Maple Story and I have two (Three really) questions:

Is there any way I can play Maple Story windowed? If so, how?

And at the forums on nexon.net, someone posted a way to get free nexon cash, but slowly. Some people have said it works, or is it just a scam?

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:59 PM   #13186
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

As soon as he said he was a level 200 CB you should've just started talking in Japanese and asking for screenshots. He's not worth your time, and all you need to be doing now is setting the bandits who may be looking at this straight so they don't follow that moron.

Chris: I think making a sindit is retarded. If you're too lazy to use DS through 1st job and have to get L7 to get to 4X faster, then you shouldn't be playing a bandit in the first place. No 1st job is hard to get through, even if you totally **** up your build. Also, it leaves you with fewer wasted points. Any points in L7, DoubleStab, Disorder, OR Keen Eyes is going to be a waste. Any build will have at least 3 in Disorder and 20 in either L7 or DoubleStab, but the 8 points in Keen Eyes is a total waste for the sindit build and shouldn't be there. By the end of 1st job you should have maxed DS and 18 NB, but with a sindit build you only have 10 NB.

In 2nd job, you get 121 points but have 140 worth of skills. -30 from Steal (which isn't as needed as the rest) gives you 110 of worthwhil skills and 11 extra points. With a sindit build, 10/11 of those go into Nimble Body (or DS if you maxed NB first, which I think is dumb) and the last one goes to Steal. With a normal bandit build, only 2 of those go into NB/DS while the other 9 go to Steal. Now yeah, Steal isn't great, but it's a hell of a lot better at 9 than at 1, and if you're gonna have any points in it you might as well have enough to make it sorta almost decent. Honestly, I think Steal should be a passive thing, or it should have higher than 40% success at max, but that's just me.

And I'm pretty sure CBs have no extra points in 3rd job. I don't think they have enough to max everything they'd want, even. But still, I'd rather put points into shield mastery or chakra than Steal anyday. =\

EDIT: Chris, there are no accuracy issues for thieves. Luck adds accuracy, too, in case you'd forgotten, and level factors more into things than anything. Think of how low warrior dex can be and still hit high level stuff and realize that the amount of luck a CB gives WAY MORE accuracy than that much dex. Also, bandits have +20 acc from mastery and +20 from Nimble Body, so it's not a trouble for them.

Also, in general, having very very few points into your secondary stat is by far the better thing for EVERY class. Mages with very little luck are stronger than mages with lots of luck. Warriors with lots of dex are weaker than warriors with nearly no dex. Thieves are much stronger with more luck than with more dex. Bowmen are the only class I don't hear a lot about, I don't know if low-strength is as big of an issue for them, but I imagine that having little or now strength and a maple bow/xbow is a lot stronger than somebody at that level with enough str to use compareable weaponry.

So what Chris said, "EVERY SINGLE CLASS SHOULD ONLY ADD TO THEIR SECONDARY STAT IF IT IS NEEDED FOR AN UPCOMING WEAPON THAT THEY WILL BE USING." is quite right. Unless you like being a good bit weaker so you take maybe 100 less damage with higher level armors and you think those armors look cooler, then stick with low-secondary stat. And that goes doubly if there are weapons available that require none of/less of your main stat than the normal weapons.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O

Last edited by evilbutterfly; 04-28-2007 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: Chris posted while I was mowing the lawn/writing my post =\
Old 04-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #13187
OniSpltter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to OniSpltter

Hi everyone, I've been experiencing multiple computer problems in the past couple days and have therefor not been on. I realize I owe a lot of you money from the scrolls, and about half of them are sold. As of now, my internet access is just being restored, and everything seems to be working normally, but when I open Maple, Gameguard loads, downloads the files (if I delete the folder first), disappears, doesn't give me an error.... and that's it... So I simply cannot get on Maple at the moment, but as soon as I resolve these problems I will be back on. Sorry for the inconvenience. -_-

P.S. If anyone knows what might be wrong~ please let me know.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #13188
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Noah: Yeah, luk does add accuracy, but not as much. Are you really suggesting that bandits work well as dexless? Maybe once we get skewer...
Old 04-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #13189
Ice wolf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice wolf View Post
Okay, I just started Maple Story and I have two (Three really) questions:

Is there any way I can play Maple Story windowed? If so, how?

And at the forums on nexon.net, someone posted a way to get free nexon cash, but slowly. Some people have said it works, or is it just a scam?
Anybody?

^Way better than 25thhour's link. You know you want to sign up.

The best noteskin ever: Skittles

Are you having trouble syncing your files? Use DDReamStudio.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:32 PM   #13190
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Money for nothing is a scam 99 times out of 100. Don't bother with it.

As for windowed mode, it's not possible under normal means. There is also some concern that when played in windowed mode the hack detect may report you as hacking, even if you're not. It's best to just not bother with it. It's not worth the effort.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:44 PM   #13191
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Noah: Yeah, luk does add accuracy, but not as much. Are you really suggesting that bandits work well as dexless? Maybe once we get skewer...
Dex adds like .8 acc and .25 avoid. Luck adds .25 acc and .8 avoid. At least, I'm pretty sure the numbers are like that. Now I know there are warriors with around 100 dex that have enough accuracy to hit things. I know once you're above something's level you pretty much never need THAT much dex (with or without equips). 100 dex would be +80 accuracy. You'd need 320 luck to get 80 accuracy. Right now, I have nearly 500 int (447 base, 78 base luck). I don't imagine a CB would have trouble getting over 300 luck if they're dexless.

So no, going dexless wouldn't bother a CB as far as accuracy goes. Whether or not the extra luck with a maple weapon (or other dagger without a dex requirement) would end up doing more damage than a normal amount of luck along with a high level weapon, well, I don't know the answer to that. But especially with the crazy ass requirementless weapons out in other version, I bet dexless CBs would do just fine. Only problem would be less defense, but by 4th job especially bandits don't take much damage, not like defense ever was especially important in this game.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:12 PM   #13192
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Noah, the thing is that -less doesn't work in the end because 1 weapon attack is not the same as the other class's main stat. For magicians, 1 int is 1 magic attack, so adding 1 to int is the same as adding 1 to magic attack. Good point about the accuracy thing, but it's not that important because low dex (or low str for archers) is always better.

So... they need multiple stat points to make 1 weapon attack when their weapons add 1 weapon attack easily. This means that it's easier for them to get more weapon attack by using high level weapons than it is for them to get it by using -less weapons, even though they'll be stronger for a while. For example, someone did a test and found that strless archers are stronger for a bit, then much weaker, then when they get bow of magical destruction they're much stronger, but by 9x they're not the top anymore. It doesn't work ANYTHING AT ALL like that for magicians.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #13193
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Also, since I don't know much about Bandits while they're still in the 2nd job(and bowmen in general :/, but that's another topic), if a Bandit were to max steal, would he be able to steal from bosses? I mean, if he could, you'd think there'd be a bunch of level 50 Bandits with their level 50 Spearmen friends boating back and forth to steal stuff from Crimson Barlog(I refuse to spell it the "right" way <3).
Old 04-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #13194
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Tosh spelling Balrog as Barlog was the most intelligent, least bothering thing on page 659.

And I ****ing hate when Tosh spells Balrog as Barlog. Holy ****.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #13195
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Old 04-28-2007, 09:59 PM   #13196
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Again, Chris, it all depends on the weapons available. The level 70 set of maple weapons have no requirements that I know of, and I believe having the watk of a level 70 weapon rather than a level 100 one would be well worth the 175 extra Luck.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #13197
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Fine, let me re-word this.
---
Also, since I don't know much about Bandits while they're still in the 2nd job(and bowmen in general :/, but that's another topic), if a Bandit were to max steal, would he be able to steal from bosses? I mean, if he could, you'd think there'd be a bunch of level 50 Bandits with their level 50 Spearmen friends stealing stuff from bosses?
Old 04-28-2007, 10:38 PM   #13198
ProtoMDS
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToshX
Also, since I don't know much about Bandits while they're still in the 2nd job(and bowmen in general :/, but that's another topic), if a Bandit were to max steal, would he be able to steal from bosses? I mean, if he could, you'd think there'd be a bunch of level 50 Bandits with their level 50 Spearmen friends boating back and forth to steal stuff from Crimson Barlog(I refuse to spell it the "right" way <3).
Nope; Steal doesn't work on bosses. Otherwise there'd just be a ****load of CBs at Zakum trying to use Steal to get drops. PS: A level 50 bandit wouldn't have enough HP to survive C-rog's m.atk(s), even with maxed HB.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireRetard
wow NOOBS, sry i just had to say that

(56 46 37 35 35 35 33 32 31 30 etc...)
Um, if that's level, don't ignore the fact that just about 1/2 of the regulars of this thread are above 3rd job.
how Craig isn't shooting lasers from his eyes and destroying entire cities in wrath is beyond me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
Usually the good lord works in mysterious ways. BUT NOT TODAY. This here is 66 tonnes of straight up, HE spewing divine intervention. If God is love, then you can call me Cupid.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:11 PM   #13199
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Some of us are even third job on top of having multiple alts with comparable levels to those.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #13200
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Closed Thread