Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 01:45 AM   #1301
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Trickster: The game

Oh, THAT'S another quest I can do.

Man, I've been thinking of what I could do to leech my sheep up to 91 as fast as I could. I did Swamp Shark + Arachne as many times as I could (arachne cards are hard to get on a mage and for some reason my raccoon was lagging earlier).

Hah, I completely forgot I could do the Tango quest and the Doll quest. That oughta get her to at least 80, then I can do the Carbigal quests.

Rumor says the event ends on the 20th. I COMPLETELY lost interest in grinding since I did ONLY GRINDING to get her from 38 to 76.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #1302
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi

I'd also try hunting Haros, as well. While hard to find, I'm sure it'll be a cinch for your Raccoon to get, and you'll have a chance to grab a(nother) Wise Ring for your Sheep.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:38 AM   #1303
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So I was 77 when I logged on and I was like 'hey I bet I care enough to get to 80 today'.

So I did. I got to 80. Luck hat, Luck cane, hp shield, and new pet. Very nice.

So while I was playing around and seeing how much better things were at level 80, I got to level 81. It was incredibly fast even though I went from a 1hko to a 1hko.

I figured out why too. Misses take away EXP gain. I rarely miss now.

Regardless, a little after I hit 81 I decided I could make it to 91 by tomorrow. So I did everything that was available to me. 5x Cobra Flowers = 6,000,000 exp. Brought me to level 83. 5x Mingo = 3,500,000 exp. Brought me to 84. 25x Isabelle will be 14,000,000. Have done 6 so far and I'm at 86.

Getting to 91 is totally possible just by finishing these Isabelle quests, which take me roughly 10-15 minutes each. 20 more at ten minutes each means I can do it in 2 hours.

So I know what I'm doing after class tomorrow.

And I totally just pulled off 10 levels in a day at 7x/8x ranges. I've gone from 38 to 86 in a week.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM   #1304
UberMario
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UberMario Send a message via MSN to UberMario Send a message via Skype™ to UberMario

Why's this unstickied?
Old 02-20-2007, 05:58 PM   #1305
Pichu_XP
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Pichu_XP

When was it ever stickied?
Old 02-21-2007, 12:05 PM   #1306
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So I hit 91 last night and did the TM quests today.

Unless there's an official end date to this event, I'm not even going to CONSIDER getting to 121 in three days. It's getting hard.

I passed so many things on my rushing to 91 that I'm gonna go back and do. Hopefully my TM will stabilize. It's an unhealthy level behind my EXP.

Then again, I have more TM quests to do now. Egg Specter, Dancer Michel, Myconid, Snowkid, Leader Toy, Kerberos...

This oughta be fun.

Oh, and Lightning is at level 8 now. I'm level 91 / 70 tm. I need to get to TM74 to Master lightning. So far, it's amazing. I can stand in a cluster of chamo frogs and 2hko four at once. Mastery of it will let me kill 5 and pretty soon it'll be a 1hko. I bet I can go to weaker enemies and 1hko all five.

Then I don't know. I might master Cure. I might get Rust. I might start Drip Bomb. I just don't know.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:03 PM   #1307
UberMario
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to UberMario Send a message via MSN to UberMario Send a message via Skype™ to UberMario

Weird, I thought it was stickied for some reason I guess.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:45 AM   #1308
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

New patch came with MyCamp.
I'm a decorating f*****, lol. ¯\(º_o)/¯

Old 03-4-2007, 02:05 PM   #1309
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Sorry for the bump.

However, the game is officially in public release, so I think it deserves a second chance at the first page.

There are of course, no wipes for any accounts that were used during open beta. However, all unrenewed closed beta accounts are erased.

A recent game newsletter announces another event that is exclusive to eTO, which is the St. Patrick's Day Event. It looks interesting, though some of their items will probably be recycled from the other Trickster versions.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #1310
IAAW
FFR Player

LOL BUMPED.

Anyways, gonna start playing this game now. I'm planning to be a Sense-Type, so I would like some help on getting a proper build.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #1311
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

This is the best place for guides and such. You might have to register to see some of it.

http://www.mytrickster.net/forum/

Sense as in Lion or Fox? There is a huge, huge difference. One uses knives, one uses guns. Both gangsta yo.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:36 PM   #1312
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw guns ftw

That is, if you can stand to get it up to a point where you can actually use guns. That never happened for me. ;(

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #1313
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Should take about an hour at most. I hear it's a pretty harsh beginning, but soon gets much easier.

Mages are the worst to level early on, even with being able to use magic as soon as you have 300g to buy the skill. But it all changes once you hit level 20. First wand, first MA pet, MA ring. It only gets better from there.

Anyway, with lions (gunners), you do some really nice damage but at the expense of taking a ton of damage. Mages do a ton of damage, but they can use HP shields and cast Cure on themselves, so they're OK. Lions don't get shields, nor can they cast Cure. They're what are called "Glass Cannons".

My character is exactly the opposite. I'm like the impenetrable fortress that has low attack power. And believe me, it's a lot worse dealing little damage and taking none than it is to deal a ton of damage and take a lot.

My sheep is still 94 and my Raccoon is still 140. He's close to 141 and I get some really nice TM quests at that level, so I think I'll play him a bit more often. Hopefully when One Pair comes out for eTO, they'll lower the TM requirement. I'm REALLY far behind and it's REALLY hard getting TM unless I kill the right monsters.

Oh that reminds me. EB, you were one of those people like my friend in reality who complained about TM sucking? Yeah, that's actually normal. Level 200+ monsters all yield more TM than EXP. It's about 1.5:1 - 2:1 per percent. Pretty crazy.

So once you get up there, it gets easier. I talked to a level 220-something Raccoon who said his TM was terrible until he started leveling on 200+ enemies (around my level). He says his TM is about 10 levels behind now.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:41 PM   #1314
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So about an hour ago a GM warped me along with a group to Skull and he spawned a garden variety of bosses including Tuts and Tombeths. It was fun, even though I got hit with a 3k crit from an random boss and died.
Always keep a look out for random events. That warp I mentioned happened after an in-game wedding between two players, though one of the couple wasn't able to come.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:01 AM   #1315
IAAW
FFR Player

My Lion is lvl 11 as of now. Anyways, I'm doing a 3142 pure AC build.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #1316
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I have owned the Server Check deadline.

Take that, downtime.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #1317
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I got to 141 right before the check as well.

And I TM leveled. Hopefully One Pair is part of the patch, and hopefully it requires a lot lower of a TM level to get.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:57 PM   #1318
IAAW
FFR Player

I'm currently lvl 18 in Trickster. Meh camp...

In the left corner is my furniture tower. It's composed of:

- Three (3) Wide Ivory Dressers
- One (1) Mini Red Case
- Two (2) Mini Red Cubbies
- One (1) Mini Red Drawers
- Two (2) Brown Speakers
- One (1) Yellow Light Stand
- One (1) Round Light Stand (You can't see it in the picture; on top of the two (2) Ivory Green Stools.)
- Two (2) Round Tree Pots
- One (1) Brown Subwoofer
- One (1) Brown Sound System
- One (1) Red Square Chair
- Two (2) Ivory Green Stools

All combined, 20 items were used in the creation of that specific tower. Another tower might be made using the tables and some bookshelves, if I can use them. Anyways, all of those items were free (they were auto-given to me somewhat, I guess the game auto-gives you these items, unless I was just gifted them. Which I doubt.)
Old 03-14-2007, 12:59 PM   #1319
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So the patch is out. It's a St. Patrick's Day event.

Pretty easy. Do the monster quest 5 times. TM EXP is good, but nothing like the previous event. The monsters drop the items you need for the next step and the reward from the monster quest also gives items you need.

You need 1 Gold Necklace, 3 four-leaf clovers, and 5 Ample. The monsters drop the first two and the quest reward is a lot of clovers. You should have more than enough. Head to Azteca to buy the Ample.

The compounder is in Aquarius Shop. Hope you have a character with a bit of DA as that will increase your odds. With my sheep, I had 70% success and made 11/14 successfully. You can only make one at a time, so click "auto", then "go" and see what the odds are. There're always two / three odds, so just cancel and try again if you think you can do better (for reference, if you have no DA, you can usually get from 50 to 55%).

5 necklaces later nets you a Rosemary card (keep it!), 3x 10 potions, and finally the best pet a mage can have at present. 6MA, 5LK, 5x MP regen, 3x HP regen. <3 <3 <3

Note: The ring IS NOT the one you buy from the shop in Azteca. You have to compound it. Try not to get scammed.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #1320
XxTheBratxX
FFR Player

I quit trickster after I got to level 100.. there was nowhere to train back then haha. Maybe i'll go back sometime, but for now Maplestory and ROSE are for me.
XxTheBratxX is offline   Reply With Quote