Old 03-2-2007, 02:05 PM   #12161
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: MapleStory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
TORRIE

YOU MENTION TORRIE BUT DON'T MENTION ME?
Back when we were jump questing together with Hydro and the others was one of the most fun times I've had with FFR.

Afro had trouble, though, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
I went and tried Audition again. I have to say, it's a pretty damn fun game once you get the hang of it. I tend to continue playing this.
You're easily pleased, aren't you :/
Old 03-2-2007, 02:09 PM   #12162
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987 View Post
Jason, are you ****ing stupid? ALL the scrolls that I got were from BONUS. I didn't even so much as see the fcking thing you were hitting because of his 1/1 attack. Don't bitch at people for not knowing how to do **** because YOU coulda helped us with your experience. We had an extra 15 minutes or so at the end of the PQ so explanations help. Don't go on a ****ing rampage on other people when you could've atleast helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vashthestampede0987 View Post
Y'all coulda walked in as well. It's not like I looted them during bonus/they dropped during boss battle and I looted.
Hmm looks to me like you said you didn't loot during bonus. I figured the / was meant as a , since with a / there, the sentence makes absolutely no f'ucking sense.

Not to mention I did try to help you guys by saying hey follow me or follow Tee or Brandon. Showing you what to do or telling you what to do. Explanation of what it does or means is AFTER the PQ because it's TIMED and GUILD POINTS ARE BASED ON HOW FAST WE FINISH. Not to mention we keep having to hold 1-2 peoples hands EACH TIME WE GO. Why don't ALL you guys GO ON WHEN WE PLAN IT insted of DRIBBLING IN EACH DAY?

Read my damn post. I've said all this before.
Old 03-2-2007, 02:13 PM   #12163
Bahamut-X
FFR Player
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Jason: I partially agree with Noah. Couple things from the first gpq:

NO one, I repeat NO ONE said ANYTHING about hitting the crystals and putting the earrings on. Everyone was going so fast, I didn't even see anyone get the earrings in the first place since I was looking for the others to party them. I walk into the entrance and died twice because of it. You guys do go really fast. I tried to keep up (I got the spear and everything and understood to put it in the altar), but there were lots of time I was confused cause you guys were always 2 steps ahead. There will be other gpqs we can do to get more guild points faster AFTER we spend some gpqs teaching some people. I understand you want us to watch and learn, but in all honesty at like the start of each stage you could've spent a little time to type the stuff out on what to do on the stage so we atleast had a LITTLE more understanding. I agree with Noah about how some times you guys kinda run off without explaining. I'll admit there were times you did explain or tell us to follow you, but there were other times I was completely lost and you guys run off.

I think it'd be a good idea for someone to find a good guide AND POST IT HERE.
Old 03-2-2007, 02:22 PM   #12164
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

I know. It was frustrating for all of us.
Old 03-2-2007, 02:28 PM   #12165
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

By the way, I'm back to ludi.

Bonk/Oni are better suited for this anyway.

I wouldn't mind coming back a bit later though. I would like to at least have max dispel next time though.
Old 03-2-2007, 02:41 PM   #12166
Adude6464
FFR Player

i tried the game. i kinda dislike it since it's not like an mmorpg game. the graphics are too good, and its not like an old-fashioned medieval game.
Old 03-2-2007, 02:44 PM   #12167
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adude6464 View Post
I dislike it since it's not the same as all the unoriginal generic mmorpgs out there
thats what i read
Old 03-2-2007, 02:47 PM   #12168
Farka
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Farka

I read it as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adude6464
I don't like this game because it's not Diablo.
Old 03-2-2007, 02:50 PM   #12169
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tibs- View Post
thats what i read
That's the thing. Besides the fact that it's side-scrolling, it IS like all of the other generic games out there.
Old 03-2-2007, 03:08 PM   #12170
MagicCarpetRide
Skware One
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MagicCarpetRide

Imagine MapleStory in 3D. SUPER ULTRA-MEGA BADASS!
Old 03-2-2007, 03:11 PM   #12171
magister_negi_magi
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to magister_negi_magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
XP Home comes with Japanese pre-installed. You merely have to turn it on.

XP Pro comes on the disc. You have to put in the disc to make it install.

Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options -> Languages -> "Install Files for East Asian Languages". I think that's all you have to do. If not, go to "Japanese" in the other two tabs. I think you have to install the files in "Languages" to make Japanese show up in the list.
I have XP Home, and this is NOT working. Help, please?
Old 03-2-2007, 03:30 PM   #12172
banditcom
FFR Player

How to put Japanese on your comp and without a cd. Credit goes to monkeyfists of www.adventuresinjms.com .

Quote:
This really is not that hard. Its meant for the people with problems concerning their windows CD. Basically, if you lost your cd or it got scratched or somthing stupid like that, follow this guide.

1. Download and unzip your file from here. This file contains those files on the cd you misplaced.
http://files.filefront.com/LANGrar/;.../fileinfo.html

2. Got to control panel > classic view > regional languges or w/e

3. Now select the tab "Languages" and tick the box East Asian Languages. Hit apply.

4. Now a pop-up box telling you to insert the windows cd will appear. Hit OK.

5. At the bottom of the box it will show a file path> D:\i386. Hit the dots next to it and browse to your unzipped folder. Find the file and open it - if its not in the first set of files its in the secound> Asian Language Support.

6. After installing this, select the tab advanced. Open the drop down box and select Japanese. Now underneath "Japanese" tick the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th boxes (the 1st one is already ticked). Hit Apply, repeat steps four and five.

7. You will be prompted to restart, hit Ok.
Old 03-2-2007, 03:43 PM   #12173
purplepopcorn
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to purplepopcorn

thats the site where I found out how to sign up. Now that I have the .exe install after reinstalling if from the faulty patch, it aborts.

I still have some stuff to try
Old 03-2-2007, 04:26 PM   #12174
banditcom
FFR Player

The latest .exe for JMS gave me an error on both my computer and the one at work. It gave an error at the last possible moment of the install, which when I hit ignore, installs JMS and works fine. o_O
Old 03-2-2007, 05:19 PM   #12175
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

Again, install it in english mode and switch to japanese mode after.

And I have to redl it. Thanks Jam =D!!!

And I'm so happy I'm playing JMS instead of GMS. Seriously. GMS isn't even fun anymore. And my whole bl deleted me anyways so I don't see a piont in going back.
O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 03-2-2007, 09:48 PM   #12176
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Yeah, I regot the installer and had to switch back to english for a while to install. It told me the directory doesn't exist, because of the yen symbols instead of \ I guess? I dunno, I've had other installers work while in Japanese mode (which is funny because they were american games and just defaulted to Japanese) without problems. It's weird that the Japanese game would mess up while in Japanese mode. o_O

Thing is, Jason, I would GPQ more but I am busy lately. Mon and Wed nights I go to Jenna's not long after class is out at 6:30 (yeah, it's the only section of the class and it's for my major, I have to have this late class) and then don't come back to my dorm until after 6 the next day (work 9-5 on Tuesdays and Thursdays) and then I often will have homework. Also, I've been working on my video game, which is like, my portfolio for the future and is REALLY important to me. I haven't had tons of time for MS lately, and pretty much every time I see a post about GPQ runs it's right when I'm busy with other things. I just happened to be able to make this one, which is why I ran all the way from Ludi to get in on it.

And really, I'm not mad at most of you. Mainly just Brandon for being such an ass. And I'm not talking about just the people added to the guild that I don't know. I'm talking about 99% of Americans on the internet. They're all idiots, and there's an enormous amount of retards in MS. With those odds, it's pretty likely that you're gonna add some moron to the guild, even if they are your friend. And as for being unfriendly, I either don't mess with new people or try to talk and get ignored. If you ask me, most of THEM seem unfriendly.

Well, most of us are pretty meh towards new people, though. I think we all wish we had the oldbies. =( On that note: Afro, I was mentioning people that were there back then that aren't now. You've never really quit. Neither has Jason. That's why I didn't list you guys. Don't take offense. =P

And yeah, Tyler hits it right on the head. You guys want me to follow but don't make sure we're all with you. I was trying to keep up, but I had no idea where you guys were so that I could follow. And really, different people learn different ways. I learn by doing stuff. Watching over people do it doesn't help me, I need to be involved. Especially when it comes to directions and such. If I drive/walk somewhere, whether IRL or in a game, I then KNOW how to get there and can get back there without help. If I'm in the car with somebody else driving or watch a video of somebody walking somewhere, I'm not gonna remember the route. I was trying to walk along everywhere with you guys, but Brandon ran off without me. I'm glad you let me put the spear up there, cuz now I know exactly where that is and that's about it. I would like to have seen the whole GPQ area (Afro and I went in one JQ but I think I saw others. I wanna at least see them, even if they're made for non-mages).

And as for wanting me to fight the boss: Yeah, I'm being selfish by not wanting to dispel, but that's mainly because of the lag at the dorm. I have fought Pianus by myself and Dispel is easy to deal with when I'm the only person and can pay attention to everything without other people jumping around, especially if they're going to possibly slow the connection. Whether you agree or not, it's easier for me to solo things that dispel than to fight in a group, especially with lag. I don't mind poison or 1/1 or seal, but dispel will kill me nearly instantly if fighting in a group. I planned on helping once the dispeller was gone (and later decided ah **** it I'll jump down, only to find I couldn't).

But really, you're being selfish too by saying I shouldn't come if I'm not going to fight. You want what you want, and me fighting the boss gets you that. I want what I want, and me NOT fighting the boss when it dispels gets me that. We're both being selfish, and you saying I don't deserve to come because I won't help in one spot (when you guys wouldn't even let me help anywhere else anyway) is pretty ****ing ridiculous. It's not like I'm gonna be retarded like Jeff and steal drops. I'm a sharing person, especially with guild members, and you should know that.

Anywho, SPRING BREAK STARTING TODAY! I brought my CPU and trackball (**** using this mouse of Jenna's) and will hook it up to the internet/monitor/keyboard here, so I'll be completely free to do whatever for the next week. OH WAIT I STILL HAVE WORK LOL! But yeah, aside from working on my game I oughta be on a bit more.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 03-2-2007, 10:51 PM   #12177
ToshX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Most of the people I've met in MS have actually been really cool people :/
Old 03-3-2007, 01:31 AM   #12178
ckj846
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ckj846

I've met maybe 10 cool people. The rest were sorta just there. I still keep in touch with most of the cool kids from maple, but not as much anymore. Mehhh I haven't really had time for anything other then schoolwork so I think Noah will fly ahead of me in JMS >=(

O_o
pyro31191: so they can buy dildos instead of fleshlights
Old 03-3-2007, 10:06 AM   #12179
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987

Got lucky with claudia's hair thing =D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
Old 03-3-2007, 11:09 AM   #12180
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I had to redownload jMS as well.

Had it going all night. All done now.

ps my name on there is アフロビーン (edit: afurobi-n with all letters in katakana) so add me please because I have no idea what the names of the characters are that you guys are playing