manti: chronic fibber

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Old 02-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #1162
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: TWG CVIII: Drekk's Revenge

I'm pretty sure the guardian is still alive though. If i'm right the guard is a member of my questionable pile

*wave* Keep guarding me thnx

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:51 AM   #1163
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
T-force was more then likely a blue, and probably the psychic. I figured that was pretty obvious by now.
yeah when people were talking about lynching him early on i was like "ehhhhhhhhhhh this looks more like blur utr than red utr to me"

Old 02-25-2014, 12:52 AM   #1164
Tokzic
FFR Player

shit i'm getting so fucking wolfed tonight aren't i

Old 02-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #1165
Tokzic
FFR Player

should i just spill my opinions before i spill the contents of my neck

Old 02-25-2014, 12:56 AM   #1166
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
shit i'm getting so fucking wolfed tonight aren't i
You or dance probably

Outside chance they go for me hoping my read is wrong and the guard is dead.

Outside Outside chance they try to get the guard in my questionable pile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 AM   #1167
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

But yes, you should probably dump your reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 02-25-2014, 01:29 AM   #1168
Tokzic
FFR Player

okay here i go:

just kidding playing dota

Old 02-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #1169
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Funnygurl555:
Funnygurl's reads have been bad the entire game. I can see the logic she's using in her post by post construction, but her reads are just either horrendously bad (sorry) or manufactured, and not meshing well.

I dunno after writing this out I really feel she's more of a lost human then a wolf. Funnygurl's a mixed bag of weird.
I lol'd, and it's like 1 AM here so that says something.
I swear though, if XelNya was a human all along I'm quitting TWG (not really) ;~;
mellonxcollie's probably the wolf then huh
watch
i swear.

Quote:
DREKK

MelonXcollie:

Melon, you don't have a single thing supporting your humanity this game

- Pushed a lynch on me based on misguided information, based the excuse on real life
- No interaction with the other wolves in this game, minus a harmless vote on YMIA for afking
- Completely missing from the D2 lynch debacle with james/xiz/afro
- Declared intent to vote james when the decision was basically already made, and never voted.
- Stayed out of the thread entirely during the Guest fake seering.
- This quote here is completely something a MW would want during the N4 seeing where I hit YMIA.

Shit I just agreed with Afro

- Neither YIMA or James had a "read" on you. It's kinda hard to manufacture a read on a wolf buddy, not knowing what might get them lynched.
I agree with the no interaction with the wolves part. That's about the only thing I found off about her though when looking through the thread yesterday.

But IN DEFENSE OF MELLONXCOLLIE (because she's about to die according to people's reads why not)

The fundamental difference between her play in CIII and her play now is that she is not posting nearly as much fluff.

Look at these posts in particular from back then:

CIII POST #1

CIII POST #2

Notice how this is provides pretty much no new information at all to the game.

Now look at this post in this game (which essentially cleared her for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
Alright Clasko, those posts were weird. All of them. But I understand jokes going wrong and being misinterpreted so I won't pressure you now. I also understand sometimes pressure itself can make you post weird things. However I will be keeping those posts in mind if your future behaviour is also weird

XelNya: I understand your vote on Xiz. But keep in mind that Xiz is always like this, and that early game we want to try to keep our active players around so that we can get conversation going. If Xiz were really trying to lead the game, push for lynches against specific people, and being super argumentative that would be (imo) a good basis for a vote, since those would be the actions of a "tyrant".

I guess what I am trying to say to you since you're a newer player is that there is a difference between "talkative" and "game-steering". If you want to vote for Xiz go ahead, for all I know he is a wolf, I am just saying.
Notice the difference? This is the second post she made in the game, and instead of going with popular opinion and posting fluff, she goes against what everyone else is thinking, and she diffused a wagon that was going on against a human seriously guys

Remember this too? Now why would a wolf want to do that when someone else is so close to being lynched?

If mellonxcollie is the last wolf, that means AnkoAcid/thesunfan is human.
Why wouldn't she join the wagon?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:49 AM   #1170
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
The fundamental difference between her play in CIII and her play now is that she is not posting nearly as much fluff.
I don't know if I could say that I've played very many games with her, let alone with her as a wolf, but I would point out that although she maybe hasn't posted "nearly as much fluff" this game as that particular game, she hasn't really posted a lot of unique contributions in general during this one. She started out a bit stronger maybe (defending a human on day1? hardly proof of anything...), but she clearly hasn't done much as the game as gone on. Remember how manti pointed out that she completely missed that big thing with me/xiz/james on day 2? She was also pretty absent from the big events from day 3 and 4 too.

In short, maybe there's fluff, but there's just very little altogether.

Quote:
Now why would a wolf want to do that when someone else is so close to being lynched?
Wolves can save humans from a lynch, especially if they trust that another human will find themselves getting lynched by the end of the day anyway. And on day 1, it's almost inevitable that a townie is going to get lynched no matter what a wolf does or doesn't do.

Quote:
If mellonxcollie is the last wolf, that means AnkoAcid/thesunfan is human.
This goes without saying. If X is last wolf, then Y is NOT a wolf.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:51 AM   #1171
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I don't know if I could say that I've played very many games with her, let alone with her as a wolf, but I would point out that although she maybe hasn't posted "nearly as much fluff" this game as that particular game, she hasn't really posted a lot of unique contributions in general during this one. She started out a bit stronger maybe (defending a human on day1? hardly proof of anything...), but she clearly hasn't done much as the game as gone on. Remember how manti pointed out that she completely missed that big thing with me/xiz/james on day 2? She was also pretty absent from the big events from day 3 and 4 too.

In short, maybe there's fluff, but there's just very little altogether.
Yeah, I agree with that point tbh, especially when she just decided to pop in and basically say that she liked where this game is headed. I was willing to ignore the stuff in D2/D3 because she provided excuses for why she wasn't viewing the thread, and then she offered some input when she was around (even though it wasn't much). The fact that she just mentioned that she liked the direction of this game in D4 though is strange.

Then again, mellonxcollie usually doesn't post much in all of the games she plays anyway... I just labeled her as green because she wasn't playing the way she did in her red game.

Quote:
Wolves can save humans from a lynch, especially if they trust that another human will find themselves getting lynched by the end of the day anyway. And on day 1, it's almost inevitable that a townie is going to get lynched no matter what a wolf does or doesn't do.

This goes without saying. If X is last wolf, then Y is NOT a wolf.
Well yeah, but she was defending a human when Vendetta was clearly trying to get Anko lynched.
But after the point you made about wolves defending humans D1, that doesn't look so green to me at all, probably null at best.
Heh, even I defended James May D1 in CIV, so I see where you guys are coming from.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:03 AM   #1172
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Soft clear
Xelnya:

I'm aware it was mentioned the Middie would do whatever comes into his mind and feels right at the time, but still, it's pretty cold to call your own teammate out on his reads like this:
Old 02-25-2014, 05:24 AM   #1173
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

that's it, mister

I'm willing to see Xelnya go before Raeko.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:45 AM   #1174
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
that's it, mister

I'm willing to see Xelnya go before Raeko.

Hey I just call shit when I see it.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #1175
Tokzic
FFR Player

ok well i played more dota than i thought i was going to

so i'm just going to vaguely list my reads in ascending order of wolfitude

maybe if i miraculously survive the night i'll talk more about them

Furless Tier
1. Manti
2. Danceguy

Little Bark, No Bite Tier
3. FG
4. Afrobean

Bloody Paws Tier
5. XelNya
6. Raeko

I Think It's Sunfan Tier
7. Sunfan

Last edited by Tokzic; 02-25-2014 at 05:55 AM..
Old 02-25-2014, 05:56 AM   #1176
Tokzic
FFR Player

yes i edited the post

i put in tiers

sue me

Old 02-25-2014, 05:59 AM   #1177
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
ok well i played more dota than i thought i was going to

so i'm just going to vaguely list my reads in ascending order of wolfitude

maybe if i miraculously survive the night i'll talk more about them

Furless Tier
1. Manti
2. Danceguy

Little Bark, No Bite Tier
3. FG
4. Afrobean

Bloody Paws Tier
5. XelNya
6. Raeko

I Think It's Sunfan Tier
7. Sunfan

Paws? No sir. I use a chainsaw. It's more convenient for later. Those kittens would actually escape otherwise.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:16 AM   #1178
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

can I get a second opinion here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen View Post
Afro:

Being that we're still early in day one, I figured that it would be worth while to try and spark some sort of discussion rather than try to do a last minute lynch fest and potentially kill a townie.

In response to what you've just said: I'll admit that Manticore wasn't supposed to be at the bottom of the list, I just so happened to make the post and he was still at the bottom after I double-checked it. It was an honest mistake for me to miss him, but I'd still have him as the same solid green, so that doesn't really change at the least. As far as the commendation about YMIA voting you, it wasn't as much a commendation as much as it was an acknowledgment of him trying to start discussion, just like how I gave you similar "commendation" for being pushy towards Xiz about his inability to want to share information.

Also, no one is ever explicitly a townie in a read, that would be absolutely stupid to assume and I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to realize that. That's why I mentioned that they were my thoughts, hopefully implying that they were in fact my opinions (and that they needed to be taken with a grain of salt).

Finally, I'm moving my vote to AnkoAcid.
Quote:
Cool, let's let random people fly UTR that give no relevant information whatsoever. This person is clearly active, they're just not contributing anything. Replacements have nothing to do with this at all.
Quote:
points++ to be used in a program near you!

For me, the choice is easily AnkoAcid simply because of the lack of quality posting compared to clasko1000, who while not posting a lot of quality, has at least taken the time to show an active interest in the game. Even if this is Anko's first game, I don't feel like it's an excuse to be inactive. I personally am bothered at the fact that the response to being voted for was simply to fly under the radar. She popped into the thread multiple times and never even bothered to say a word.

Going to keep my vote at AnkoAcid.
does a (new) RB wolf bus a MW this hard? in day 1? as part of the first major push of the game?

the only question mark for me here is

Quote:
Is it confirmed that we are replacing AnkoAcid? I want to shift my vote away from them if this is the case.
but why does that bussing ever occur to begin with? I don't think it does.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:26 AM   #1179
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
Well yeah, but she was defending a human when Vendetta was clearly trying to get Anko lynched.
But after the point you made about wolves defending humans D1, that doesn't look so green to me at all, probably null at best.
Heh, even I defended James May D1 in CIV, so I see where you guys are coming from.
The game goes beyond what you see up front. You're taking everything at face value, and eventually you'll learn people do things for behind the scene reasons too.

Lets assume Anko got lynched on D1. The psychic is probably still going to be alive come D2. On the start of D2 the psychic gets back his reading that there are three wolves left.

This clears Anko of being a wolf. The immediate reaction the psychic should have is "who jumped in on the now obvious easy lynch". (s)he reviews D1 and comes up with a list of people who jumped on Anko and are now prime wolf suspects. He then reviews the thread a second time for people defending Anko with good logic. While doing this, he finds Melon's post defending anko and decides "Melon didn't jump in on an easy lynch target, I should clear her".

It's called "playing the blues" (not really I just made that up). A wolf knows who is human, so it is much easier for them to "solidly or close to solidly" defend a person early game, while the rest of the humans still know nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Old 02-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #1180
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Alright, I'm going to be in an unexpected meeting when the night officially ends and I won't be able to update the thread then, so I'll just do it now.

1.Xiz Wolfed Night 4
2.clasko1000 Wolfed Night 3
3.AnkoAcid (Replaced by thesunfan)
4.yo man im awesomeLynched Day 4
5.FunnyGurl5555
6.Snowcrafta (Replaced by Danceguy)
7.Guest15937Lynched Day 3
8.T-Force Wolfed night 2
9.Afrobean
10.XelNyaWolfed Night 5
11.mellonxcollie
12.tokzic
13.TC_Halogen(Replaced by Lames May) Lynched Day 2
14.FojarWolfed night 1
15.Vendetta21 Lynched Day 1
16.DarkManticoreX2

XelNya has been killed. Day 5 begins now. You have 24 hours to place your votes, ending at 11 AM server time tomorrow, (12 PM EST, 9AM PST). Insta-lynch is at 4.
Closed Thread