Old 09-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #1121
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi
Default Re: Trickster: The game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberry_Kid
I just found Mana Water and a Talisman of Consciousness. Should I NPC them or sell them?
For the moment, it's not worth it to sell wither of those items. Mana Water could be easily bought from the Caballa Gate store, and I doubt anybody even cares that a quest in Phantom School needs the Talisman.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:49 PM   #1122
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tonberry_Kid Send a message via MSN to Tonberry_Kid

I need help getting Turban shells. >_>, it's taking forever to get 25 of them.
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.
Tonberry_Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:26 PM   #1123
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

Turban shell quest doesn't really give you exp that's worthwhile for the quest in my opinion, turban shells are a bitch to get, better to sell them and get money than little exp. Royal parties will almost always be more benificial then quest exp, unless it's TM EXP, that rocks.

Lvl 74, after asking Squeek that the only place to level is on snails and ducks, I have lost the will to gring level on useless exp, and royal parties are almost never available...sucks.
Ichigo_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #1124
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

I have 25 turban shells. I now need 25 Addax aprons. I just hit 20 >_>.

EDIT: Is Galder Throw worth it?
My method of making love is quite different than you might expect. I prefer to find a girl taking a nap at the local preschool, and then make love to them as they scream in my large, sound-proofed, white van. I then make love on their face, and throw them in an ice-chest of bleach. For pillow talk, I usually say, "Your parents can't hear you," and keep their teddy bear as a momento. You could call me a hopeless romantic, I guess.

Last edited by Tonberry_Kid; 09-17-2006 at 04:37 PM..
Old 09-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #1125
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo_K
Lvl 74, after asking Squeek that the only place to level is on snails and ducks, I have lost the will to gring level on useless exp, and royal parties are almost never available...sucks.
You could try Aposis but they're almost too easy.

Do the Azteca monster quests too.

Quote:
EDIT: Is Galder Throw worth it?
No. Unless you're a DP / HV Charm type, then it sucks. If you're adding AP, then you get Power Blow and Titanium Wrist.

Personally, I think DP and HV Charm types are retarded. I already take 0 damage and I didn't add to DP. Critical damage is all I ever take and with Stretch that damage is NULLIFIED.

One Pair is stonger with all AP as well, at least until level 200. Too bad by then WE HAVE NEW SKILLS.

People who argue HV > AP are stupid. Go all AP.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 05:16 PM   #1126
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

DP / HV???

AP??? What???
Old 09-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #1127
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Open your character profile once in a while.

Every time you level you get four bonus points to add to one of 12 attributes.

AP = Attack Power.
AC = Accuracy.
DX = Dex = Delay.

MA = Magic Attack.
MD = Magic Defense.
MP = Magic Points.

WT = Weight.
DA = Detectability.
LK = Luck.

HP = Health Points.
DP = Defense Power.
HV = Evasion.

4114 means I have 4 in Attack and Charm, and 1 in Magic and Sense. Meaning every time I level up, I get four points (a level) in each of my Attack and Charm attributes and just a hash mark on the Magic and Sense attributes. So it takes four levelups to raise those attributes a single level. By that time, my Attack and Charm skills have leveled four times.

Since I am 4114, I'm already naturally powerful and defensive. I have low MP and low Weight, but those are irrelevant to me. I'd rather have attack and defense. So to be even stronger, I add bonus points to my Attack power (AP). This doubles the level of attack power that any 4114 who hasn't added bonus points to attack power would get, say, a Raccoon with 4114 and bonus points added to DP and HV.

Here's the thing though. You can compound your items with more defense. A lot of things can be compounded with Defense actually. Right now my two accessories, hat, and shield are compounded with Defense. The shield already has some, my pet has some, I have a vest that has some... you get the idea. A LOT of things add to Defense. I have so much defense that I take no damage from my enemies unless they Critical. I can prevent that with the second job skill "Stretch".

It's really hard to find things to compound with AP. In fact, I've seen two things that work, and both of them have been items for Power types only.

It seems complicated now but if you actually went through the tutorial and read everything it would make sense.
Old 09-17-2006, 05:44 PM   #1128
Tonberry_Kid
FFR Player

I got the AP thing and everything right before you posted this. Sorry to make you type all that out.

EDIT: What would you recommend me get as a skill at level 20?

Last edited by Tonberry_Kid; 09-17-2006 at 05:48 PM..
Old 09-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #1129
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't know your build.

Mine was 4114, so I did:

1) Power Blow.
2) Sturdy Shield.
3) Titanium Wrist.
4) Dodge Master.

Master Power Blow. You can't master Sturdy or Titanium without the School, but SAVE POINTS for those (you need to save 5). I don't think Mastering Dodge Master will be worth it, but whatever. You have to have Dodge Master cast in order to make Stretch work. I don't know if the extra time is worth the extra MP. Either way, I don't have the TM for it at the moment. I'm under my allocated TM and it hurts. If 2nd job and the school are released at the same time, I might have a problem with leveling up Stretch and Mastering Sturdy and Titanium =/

PS sturdy shield sucks I don't know why guides say to get it. I'd never use it during regular training, ever. It's for boss fights and PvP. How often do you see yourself participating in those? You might as well save your TM and decide if you want it or not later on. Sucks that you can't spend your TM on anything for a while, but we don't have any good skills for a while =/

MY recommendation is:

Power Blow, Titanium Wrist, Physical Training, Dodge Master. Remember, Dodge Master sucks alone, but rules when you have Stretch, so it sucks in the first job. I just don't see Sturdy Shield as a worthwhile skill even though it adds like 200 defense for me if I can only use it on boss fights. 280 MP is way too much to be casting every 90 seconds to block out 150 damage.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:56 PM   #1130
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

Hey Squeakers do you mind helping me get haros? 100k ea hurts my wallet. plzkthxbai
Old 09-17-2006, 11:52 PM   #1131
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I can't kill those things.

Eyo and I went the other day and got royally destroyed. It takes me about four power blows to kill one and they crit for about 1,900 damage. And this is a physically weak enemy. Eyo died a few times and by the time I died, we just called it quits. We had killed about 20 and gotten four Haros.

It. Sucks. They never drop and they're in a map with Slug Gs, which are level 179 enemies that are amazingly fast, big, and strong.

I have a limit on what items I'll get for you guys, and that's the limit. I will get anything from enemies level 100 or below. I'll even dig for incredibly rare crap for you. But odds are good that if it requires something I wouldn't even do for myself, I will not do it. Maybe if I had Stretch, which I can't without 2nd jobs.

Sorry.

PS, 98. Barely. No Swamp 2 parties ALL DAY. Been doing Azteca Monster Quests, which suck for EXP.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:06 AM   #1132
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

Np, not like you've given me items before :P, still 74, getting annoyed.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:13 AM   #1133
gonzo4life44
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to gonzo4life44 Send a message via MSN to gonzo4life44 Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo4life44

well sense I got my internet working not that long ago, ive been starting to play.

I like my lion, the only problem is that I cant use a gun untill 5 more levels.

As of right now I do enjoy Trickster wayyyy more then maplestory. There is alot more to do in trickster compaired to ms.

Any who, im a level 10 noob. What about the people that still play this game, what level are you?

gonzo4life44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:29 AM   #1134
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Ichigo is 74, Eyo hit 90 or will soon, I'm gonna be 100 today. Tonberry seems to be closest to your level at 20-something.

Glad the thread creator hyping this game finally got into it =p

ps I am fully convinced at this point that Raccoons are the greatest class for my tastes. I've tried foxes and they're fun but annoying. I've tried mages but they're always weak. I don't want to try a gunner. Power Types are about the same thing as Raccoons except instead of being defensive, they're purely offensive. I actually do more damage than Power types who use Pumping Heart with their Power Attacks. But my skill costs more than twice theirs and has a huge cooldown.

I'm surprised I chose the class best for me right off the bat. With most games I choose the wrong class first. Maple, I started with a warrior. Then I made a Cleric (haha that sucked), then I MADE ANOTHER ONE. Crossbowman was the class for me, but by that time I was sick of the game. In any other RPG involving classes, I always pick the wrong class.

That's why I'm glad I chose the Raccoon based on trivial reasons like that it looks like Negi from Mahou Sensei Negima >_>
Old 09-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #1135
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

Correction, im 75

BTW, gonzo what's your IGN?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #1136
gonzo4life44
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to gonzo4life44 Send a message via MSN to gonzo4life44 Send a message via Yahoo to gonzo4life44

ign = gonzo4life44

gonzo4life44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:31 AM   #1137
scorpio1690
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to scorpio1690 Send a message via MSN to scorpio1690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
I've tried mages but they're always weak.
=\

If you have a ring mage they're breaking 1k damage by like... Level 30. My 41 Arrow Mage is doing like 11xx+ consistantly on things not magic weak (or strong).
scorpio1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #1138
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Wheeeeeeeeeee

Level 100!

New pet = more everything in all of my primary stats. More AP, AC, -DX, HP, DP, HV. A lot more than what the other Fairy pet gave.

New sword = 29 more damage. It's a standard. Always 29 more damage each sword. I might bring this one to level 3 though since it has to last until 120. Even if it fails, there are a bunch of others in personal shops for 40k.

New shield = 20 more defense. Nothing special here. It kinda looks cool I guess...

Tm leveled! 66 with enough left over to Master my skills and learn Stretch right away!

Million threshold! 6,000,000get!

One more level and I get to 101, the level I need to be in order to begin the new Monster Quest in Carbigal.

AND BEST OF ALL! PATCH! I'm almost certain it's the school and/or garden. The only other place is the Volcano and/or Snow Hill and we're totally not ready for that yet. 2nd jobs will be later.

ps if I were a mage the last thing I'd do is Ring mage, ok? Ring sucks. Try Mana Arrow / Arrow Rush doing 1,000 x 7.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:57 AM   #1139
scorpio1690
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to scorpio1690 Send a message via MSN to scorpio1690

Ya, that's why my Dragon isn't a Ring Mage.

4srs

RING BOOSTER LOLOL
scorpio1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #1140
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I've never seen a mage with Ring Booster do 7,000 damage.