Old 09-2-2006, 12:43 PM   #1061
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Eyoshi Send a message via Skype™ to Eyoshi
Default Re: Trickster: The game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
I don't know why I have to go on to anything.

I have one enemy set for me for the next 15 levels man. Maybe more than that.

There are so many enemies in the game now that I most certainly will not be limiting myself to just that one as it sucks majorly.
A later Monster Quest seems to require you to tackle Swamp Sharks.

These guys also drop Level 80 weapons, and their level is over 100.

Well, it's good training for me, at least. >.>

Last edited by Eyoshi; 09-2-2006 at 12:48 PM..
Eyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2006, 09:58 PM   #1062
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
I don't know why I have to go on to anything.
BECAUSE THAT'S HOW MS IS AND THIS GAME IS OBVIOUSLY JUST LIKE IT DUH

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-2-2006, 10:48 PM   #1063
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

Ok, well that's that...I just logged on and apparently I got hacked, so that's it for me have fun guys
Ichigo_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-3-2006, 12:16 AM   #1064
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

I didn't even know that was possible >_>

Well, sorry for your loss then...
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-4-2006, 02:26 AM   #1065
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Bump.

Level 81.

Got a new pet. Fairy Red is awesome.

Got a new Shield. Adds about 40 more defense. Made it myself.

Got a new Sword. Adds about 35 more attack. Made it myself. Took a while to drill with a drill that doesn't reach all the way to the floor, but I did it!

Did a quest that yields 700,000 exp five times. The reward is random level 50 crap or a Tainted Amulet, which primarily sucks by itself but has a +DP slot. I got two. Killed some Flat Salamanders for Thick Belly Skins and threw them on. +65DP on one, +99 DP on the other. Haha. It's probably the best in the game.

Now I'm on a mission to kill enemies almost twice my level in order to get their monster drop item to do a quest for my and Eyo's level 100 pet. Whee.
Old 09-4-2006, 02:42 AM   #1066
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I don't see how games like this don't get boring to people, same way I don't understand how people can level up all their chars in offline RPGs to the highest level and get all their highest level weapons and such WHEN THEY REALLY DON'T NEED TO. The boringest (stfu) stuff in MS is still more entertaining than clicking on a monster and waiting for your character to kill it, if you ask me. =\

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 09-4-2006, 02:58 AM   #1067
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm surprised that I can retain interest myself.

Maybe it's the fact that I don't need to kill tens of thousands of enemies to level up once and gain pretty much nothing in return.

Maybe it's that the party system is actually designed to benefit those who do the work and ignore those who idle or do nothing.

Maybe it's that there are hardly any idiot kids on this game because they got tired of it and went back to MapleStory.

I don't know. I have fun with it. I can gain 6 levels a day, as opposed to 6% a day. And I don't care about the whole "levels mean more in our game" crap. A levelup in this game is the difference between a 3hko and a 2hko. Five levels later, it's a 2hko and a 1hko. On Maple, leveling for me meant 10 more damage, and a 13hko was still a 13hko.
Old 09-5-2006, 05:35 PM   #1068
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Bump.

Also, I enjoyed the gameplay of MapleStory. I really liked it a lot. If we had kMS Test Sever EXP, I'd level all thirteen classes to 200 and then quit. It would take me about a month or two.

I'm level 85 now, almost 86. I just bought and +2d my level 90 Sharp Saber. It's awesome; my inventory is filled with +2 Sharp weapons starting at level 50. I never go higher or lower for two good reasons:

1) +1 sucks. 95% means you almost always succeed. +2 is harder. 80% means you might fail (I've failed three times out of 10). +3 is much harder. 66% means you are barely over 1:1 odds. I've failed at 66% three times out of three times, so I don't care to risk it.

2) I gain ten levels in this game in about two or three days. So really, it's not worth putting the money into a sword that isn't going to last you. Just get it added up to some decent damage and be on your way.

Compounding is even more retarded. It's such a waste to compound swords. Unlike MapleStory where a weapon will last you five months until you can get a new one, it's not worth blowing hundreds of thousands (a lot in this game's currency) into these things if you're just gonna ditch them. And if you're like me, you never do personal stores to sell your old things anyway, so it really doesn't matter. I keep all my old swords for anyone else who wants to borrow them along the way.

Anyway, I'm still on the snails because they're really easy and even the Super Moles don't bother me as much anymore. I still gain more than a percent every minute, so the EXP is still awesome even without the +380,000 from the quest. I tried the swamp sharks Eyo mentioned. Not hard, but killer on my potions. I still make money because of the drops I can NPC for 15-20k, but it's just a pain to get in an out of that map.

85 was an awesome levelup. It was one of the 'fourth' levelups, meaning my '1' level areas (Magic and Sense) went up, and it was one of the 'twelfth' levelups, meaning my Dex went down again. My delay between attacks is now at 3-1. At level 97, it goes down to 2-1, and that's the level I kill Bugbears, which drop things I need for a quest to get my level 100 pet which has -2 dex instead of the -1 I have now making my dex ZERO.

NO DELAY BETWEEN ATTACKS HAHAHA.

And it can go negative wtf
Old 09-5-2006, 08:07 PM   #1069
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
And it can go negative wtf
DIVIDED BY ZERO

Even though the school year started, I'm pretty sure I can get some decent leveling each day. :3

The 70s in the Swamp feel kind of slow for me. It's probably just because of the lack of monster quests, so I expect the speed to shoot up when I reach 80.

In addition, I am very disappointed by the lack of the Pirate boss. I want Craft items. =(
Old 09-7-2006, 02:00 PM   #1070
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

While digging in the swamp for my candles to be used to job advance, I dug up:

Many swords, many daggers, many hats that were NPC food, then

Craft Gold Screen
Craft Soft Hat

Haha. I also got three Sapphires, ten Rubies, and way too many Emeralds, so my Sheep friend now has everything she needs for job advancing. That was WAY too easy. I'm making her get my last job advance item (2 more to go as of last night!) because it's easier and it's a nice trade since I'm digging her Selinolites for her.

Eyo, I got another four statues you need, so five more unless you have any. I'm still digging for 9 more selinolites, so I'm bound to get more. That leaves you with just those feathers =x

86. Leveled from 85 to 86 solely by digging. Gained 2 TM levels from it. Almost TM 60. Doesn't matter because job advancing raises your TM EXP by twelve million (three levels) XD

STRETCH! My first 2nd job skill for sure. It basically says 'enemies doin' critical damage aw helz naw. No more crit damage for u =)'

Haha. I don't take critical damage. 5 TM to learn and no TM to raise it (level 1 only skill). HAHAHAHA.

ps eyo get your own selinolites I hate digging here and you're almost 80 and she's not >_> plus she's a she and she was a Maple friend.
Old 09-7-2006, 02:11 PM   #1071
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
ps eyo get your own selinolites I hate digging here and you're almost 80 and she's not >_> plus she's a she and she was a Maple friend.
Lol I don't plan on mastering Mana Mist. XD I'm likely going to save those extra few points for Light Arrow or some other 2nd job skill. Or Mana Storm. Need that for another skill.

EDIT: I'm also at the halfway mark through the statues. XD

I plan to get to Level 80 tonight. Not much homework. =D

Last edited by Eyoshi; 09-7-2006 at 02:13 PM..
Eyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2006, 08:20 PM   #1072
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
plus she's a she and she was a Maple friend.
In other words:

Quote:
I'm her sugar daddy. ;D
Get your freak on, Squeek. =O

Old 09-7-2006, 08:28 PM   #1073
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't even know her name, so no thanks.

I mean I wouldn't do this for a random person. I'm justifying getting these incredibly rare things for someone else rather than Eyo.

Edit: I got my 6th or 8th one or something today. Whoo. I'm done digging I think. She's gonna buy the rest.

Last edited by Squeek; 09-8-2006 at 12:24 AM..
Old 09-8-2006, 09:32 AM   #1074
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

Well my friend helped me back on track @_@ (no one here btw >_>..bastards) But yea I'm back with items and whatnot level 70 booya? where do you level at 70? I'm so clueless...
Old 09-8-2006, 10:15 AM   #1075
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Congratulations.

Look on monster lists to see what seems easy to kill compared to what you were killing before. That's all I ever do.

I dug up four selinolites in like 10 minutes this morning. Wow. I might be done with this crap.
Old 09-8-2006, 02:05 PM   #1076
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo_K
Well my friend helped me back on track @_@ (no one here btw >_>..bastards) But yea I'm back with items and whatnot level 70 booya? where do you level at 70? I'm so clueless...
You're a buffalo, right? Electric Snails hands down. You can do a monster quest killing them, and they're just so easy to kill, especially if you're a Buffalo. Even if you're a mage Electric Snails would be the best training anywhere. If you need a testimonial, ask Squeek. He feasted on them for god-knows-how-many-levels.

Reached 80 last night which means a new pet, new quests, and a new drill. =D
Old 09-8-2006, 03:12 PM   #1077
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyoshi
If you need a testimonial, ask Squeek. He continues to feast on them for god-knows-how-many-levels.
Fixed.

Closing in on 88. Leaving once I do to get some eats. Hitting 90 tonight.
Old 09-8-2006, 06:08 PM   #1078
Eyoshi
Certified Calendarwhore
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Rofl.

That slow competition is pretty understandable. In many cases, when you get criticaled by a Cobra Flower or a Mycronid, you're as good as dead.
Old 09-8-2006, 10:19 PM   #1079
Ichigo_K
FFR Player

Electric snails huh? Well server's down atm, and university has started, won't be playing a lot @_@
Old 09-9-2006, 03:25 AM   #1080
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Server wasn't down; I was logged in all day XD

The webserver had a failure this afternoon but the game server stayed up. I even logged out and logged back in during that downtime. It was fun. I never even knew there was a problem. Thanks blitz.

I got to 89. I had so much to do that 90 just wasn't going to happen. Eyo and I decided tonight was the night for getting our level 100 pets. We had all 12 Mingo Toys about about 5 Jenny Dolls. So, I get to work on getting the hardest monster drop and he goes to work on the harsh drilling. These level 120+ folks partied me up there and let me loot all the stuff they wouldn't pick up anyway, which was awesome. They were sad to see me go because they lost 0.5x exp rates with me gone =/

Apparently it's hard to level up at that level, or they're just anal about having 2.5.

Anyway, I looted a lot and even killed some to get my own at times. Found a Stout level 100 hat and another Solid (sturdy) Gold Screen to refine / compound later. I even have extra bugbear dolls because I never want to see them again.

I go join up Eyo who has gotten two more (that's how rare they are ><). We mess around and end up getting the remaining dolls within 45 minutes or so. Pretty neat. Last step was getting the easiest ones of all: the Duck Dolls. They drop from level 7 Golden Moles. That took us three minutes.

I throw everything that isn't on me into storage and pull out 12 of each of these four things. Or I would if I could carry it all. Had to split the load with Eyo and go up together. OF COURSE the NPC who wants all these insane items is in a map with aggro level 140 monsters, so it's REALLY FUN turning things in while taking hundreds upon hundreds of damage from five different enemies.

Finally we manage to turn in all six sets and get back to town.

Eyo is now the proud owner of a Fairy Angel Blue, and I am the proud owner of a Fairy Angel Red. Incentive to get to 100. We would anyway.

After that we decided to see who could kill the most Apopis (level 80 weak piece of crap) in 30 minutes. The monster quest asked for 50. We both more than doubled that. Eyo took the #6 slot, then I finished and stole it from him. The people in 1-5 are impossible to beat (foxes can 1hko all the time), so there's no point in trying really. It's still good EXP =D

And that's my day from after dinner.