Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-3-2008, 09:50 AM   #81
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow
Default Re: Girlfriend

So what you are saying is that I should spontaneously be a dick to you, yet I should say nothing, and talk about sex a lot.

Uhhh huh.
Old 08-3-2008, 10:30 AM   #82
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeONKIDPrincess View Post

Well, I could go for an asshole from time to time.
Girls like guys that are a little up themselves.

You've got the cute sweet guys;
Very quiet. Kind of a Pretty Boy. Is one for being spontaneous.

- Good catch. Only Short term relationships, often because it gets way to boring for the girl.

And the;

Complete Dick Guys;
Extremely good looking. Romantic. Talks about Sex alot [though probably has not had sex].

- Believe it or not, Best for long term relationships. Exciting. Though they don't have much respect for female property.

Most guys fall into either of the above two categories.
If you could get somewhere in between that, then you have it in the bag.

Shut up whore. I didn't say you could talk.
Old 08-3-2008, 10:36 AM   #83
NeONKIDPrincess
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to NeONKIDPrincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
So what you are saying is that I should spontaneously be a dick to you, yet I should say nothing, and talk about sex a lot.

Uhhh huh.

Hahahaha!
No.

Be FIT;
A Dick.
Romantic.
And A Show Off.

However misguidedly I was actually trying to get you to use your brains.
(:
Perhaps if you were a little more open-minded, girls wouldn't be as hard to understand as you make them out to be.

-x-

Hmph. Call me a whore. Asshole.

x

I can’t believe that out of more than 499,000,000 sperm, you were the quickest.

Last edited by NeONKIDPrincess; 08-3-2008 at 10:40 AM..
NeONKIDPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 10:43 AM   #84
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeONKIDPrincess View Post
Hmph. Call me a whore. Asshole.

x
i'm doing what you said

WHY WON'T YOU AND YOUR CONFUSING POST FORMAT LOVE MEEEEEEE;__;
Old 08-3-2008, 11:33 AM   #85
MrRubix_MK5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Acting like this is really only going to land you certain types of women. Specifically, ones that are usually immature, not confident nor independent. I don't know any women that don't meet these criteria that would put up with douchebaggery for any length of time. There's a huge difference between exuding confidence and being a jerk. That is, real gentlemen practice the former and losers that go through girls like hotcakes practice the latter.
This couldn't be further from the truth. I've been with many confident, mature, well-to-do women, many of which were very accomplished.

By "being a douchebag" I don't mean act like an obnoxious jerk. I am referring to a sort of "overextended charisma," where I mean that you essentially fake the confidence, even if you don't have it. Acting like an asshole-jerk will only land you women with low self-esteem who are drawn to the high energy and type of humor. But being bold/brash/charismatic/confident, you are more likely to appeal to women who also tend to exude confidence/independence/charisma, and these girls tend to be quality.

I refer to this as "being a douchebag" because, to me, it's a sort of greedy, overextended way to take a mile when you're given an inch. Your natural inclination is to be set in a certain type of confidence level/a certain type of interaction, but it's a real douchebag thing to do to overextend yourself into a higher confidence and essentially "steal" girls away from people who actually have confidence.

I actually do have a fair degree of confidence, but I used to have quite a few self-esteem issues. I always faked my confidence, and I found that it attracted many high-quality girls. After a while though, faking the confidence wears away as it turns into real confidence. Confidence becomes reinforced when you have repeated success as a result of your efforts. So, in result, it starts melting from a sort of false confidence to real confidence, and the effort to attract females then becomes more natural.
MrRubix_MK5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 11:35 AM   #86
NeONKIDPrincess
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
i'm doing what you said

LOL.
And some girls would love you for it.
(: I certainly thought better of you. =P

MrRubix is right.
Be a Douchebag.

Last edited by NeONKIDPrincess; 08-3-2008 at 11:42 AM..
Old 08-3-2008, 11:37 AM   #87
MrRubix_MK5
Banned

Being a "jerk" is only good for a sort of short-term attraction, but it's very effective as a type of hook. Of course, as I said before, you need to know when to turn it off.

A lot of girls complain that "non-jerks" are boring. Too many "nice doormats" who will try to be kind/romantic to a girl, but eventually rejected in favor of someone "more exciting." This, too, is a function of confidence. If a guy is willing to bend over backwards for a girl and do everything she wants at her whim, as well as deal with a lot of unnecessary "crap/abuse," then it's pretty clear that the guy's a doormat. This is the ultimate showing of a lack of confidence, because it shows that one is desperate and will do everything asked of him in order to try to keep someone. Unfortunately, it sends the opposite message. It sends the signal that you have no confidence, and in turn, the woman will start to lose respect. And relationships just don't function without that.

Of course, don't be on the other end of this spectrum either. You can't be an asshole with absolutely no regard for the feelings of others, who does nothing but take without giving in a relationship. By being overly aggressive, you're going to only land the kind of girls who are easily taken advantage by such slights, and they tend to not be very high-quality at all.

By being in the middle ground -- assertive, you will have the best luck. You can still be nice/respectful to women, but you still need to respect your boundaries. It's a sort of message that says "I will be the best partner that I can to you, but if you overstep this boundary, I am going to show you and let you know that this is definitely not okay." You can still exude the confidence that attracts, but you can still be exciting and wild, and yet good to women.

It's not like some sort of mutually exclusive function here. You can still be "the nice guy" to a woman and yet still exciting. It's just a matter of confidence, and sticking to your priorities, boundaries, morals, and treating women with respect.

Last edited by MrRubix_MK5; 08-3-2008 at 11:46 AM..
Old 08-3-2008, 11:58 AM   #88
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

Why has nobody made a connection between the thread title and the song yet? -__-'
Old 08-3-2008, 12:12 PM   #89
NeONKIDPrincess
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
Why has nobody made a connection between the thread title and the song yet? -__-'
Ew. Avril Lavigne.

-x-

I completely love how you put that MrRubix.

Old 08-3-2008, 12:32 PM   #90
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix_MK5 View Post
Being a "jerk" is only good for a sort of short-term attraction, but it's very effective as a type of hook. Of course, as I said before, you need to know when to turn it off.

A lot of girls complain that "non-jerks" are boring. Too many "nice doormats" who will try to be kind/romantic to a girl, but eventually rejected in favor of someone "more exciting." This, too, is a function of confidence. If a guy is willing to bend over backwards for a girl and do everything she wants at her whim, as well as deal with a lot of unnecessary "crap/abuse," then it's pretty clear that the guy's a doormat. This is the ultimate showing of a lack of confidence, because it shows that one is desperate and will do everything asked of him in order to try to keep someone. Unfortunately, it sends the opposite message. It sends the signal that you have no confidence, and in turn, the woman will start to lose respect. And relationships just don't function without that.

Of course, don't be on the other end of this spectrum either. You can't be an asshole with absolutely no regard for the feelings of others, who does nothing but take without giving in a relationship. By being overly aggressive, you're going to only land the kind of girls who are easily taken advantage by such slights, and they tend to not be very high-quality at all.

By being in the middle ground -- assertive, you will have the best luck. You can still be nice/respectful to women, but you still need to respect your boundaries. It's a sort of message that says "I will be the best partner that I can to you, but if you overstep this boundary, I am going to show you and let you know that this is definitely not okay." You can still exude the confidence that attracts, but you can still be exciting and wild, and yet good to women.

It's not like some sort of mutually exclusive function here. You can still be "the nice guy" to a woman and yet still exciting. It's just a matter of confidence, and sticking to your priorities, boundaries, morals, and treating women with respect.

Everybody should listen to Rubix. What he's saying is a proof that he know the subject What he said makes a lot of sense.

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 12:33 PM   #91
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
This couldn't be further from the truth. I've been with many confident, mature, well-to-do women, many of which were very accomplished.

By "being a douchebag" I don't mean act like an obnoxious jerk. I am referring to a sort of "overextended charisma," where I mean that you essentially fake the confidence, even if you don't have it. Acting like an asshole-jerk will only land you women with low self-esteem who are drawn to the high energy and type of humor. But being bold/brash/charismatic/confident, you are more likely to appeal to women who also tend to exude confidence/independence/charisma, and these girls tend to be quality.

I refer to this as "being a douchebag" because, to me, it's a sort of greedy, overextended way to take a mile when you're given an inch. Your natural inclination is to be set in a certain type of confidence level/a certain type of interaction, but it's a real douchebag thing to do to overextend yourself into a higher confidence and essentially "steal" girls away from people who actually have confidence.

I actually do have a fair degree of confidence, but I used to have quite a few self-esteem issues. I always faked my confidence, and I found that it attracted many high-quality girls. After a while though, faking the confidence wears away as it turns into real confidence. Confidence becomes reinforced when you have repeated success as a result of your efforts. So, in result, it starts melting from a sort of false confidence to real confidence, and the effort to attract females then becomes more natural.
Well, we don't disagree then. Middle ground is best. You want to be interesting but still treat her well.

I just wouldn't use the same set of words to describe the behavior. When I think of douchebags I generally think of the lowlifes that bag many low self esteem women with their ridiculous behavior, more towards the lines of what you said here: "Of course, don't be on the other end of this spectrum either. You can't be an asshole with absolutely no regard for the feelings of others...etc".
Old 08-3-2008, 12:43 PM   #92
MrRubix_MK5
Banned

I kinda wish there was a place on this forum to discuss interpersonal relationships/sex/personal issue sort of stuff... it can get pretty interesting and informative if done correctly, but unfortunately FFR is likely not the ideal place for it.
Old 08-3-2008, 12:54 PM   #93
Artic_counter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I kinda wish there was a place on this forum to discuss interpersonal relationships/sex/personal issue sort of stuff... it can get pretty interesting and informative if done correctly, but unfortunately FFR is likely not the ideal place for it.
I wish it too. We still can ask it in the suggestion forum tho. If we have some good moderators in that forum, we can make it a good place for those kind of thing. I think that you have an exelent potential of being a moderator for that forum. I think that everyone share my opinion too.

Artic_counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 01:05 PM   #94
MrRubix_MK5
Banned

I personally don't like the job functions of forum moderation, so I'd likely have to pass on such a thing. Besides, I'd probably get bored and start doing foolish things. I'd be a pretty bad moderator.
Old 08-3-2008, 01:52 PM   #95
OnixRose
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'd be a pretty bad moderator.
makes sense considering your main is banned and you're posting from an alt

1000% supporter of FFR character additions
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
FFR should implement a form of CAPTCHA that filters out not only spambots but also retards.
OnixRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-3-2008, 01:53 PM   #96
MrRubix_MK5
Banned

yup
Old 08-3-2008, 02:05 PM   #97
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

there are plenty of websites that specialize in the line of topics/discussion you're referencing. FFR isn't one of them.
Old 08-3-2008, 02:17 PM   #98
MrRubix_MK5
Banned

Quote:
oyea
Old 08-3-2008, 05:49 PM   #99
Verruckter
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Verruckter Send a message via MSN to Verruckter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artic_counter View Post
she asked him to be her boyfriend -.-
How old are you? 12?
Old 08-3-2008, 06:00 PM   #100
ledwix
Giant Pi Operator
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ledwix Send a message via Yahoo to ledwix

Quote:
Sigh. This is exactly the same thing one of my best friends has been talking about for a while. Good strategy.
ledwix is offline   Reply With Quote