Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #81
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: President Bush

That's all CT can ask, that you provide some kind of backup for the things that you state. it is just a little too convenient when you state things as facts, tell us you have proof, but then are unable to actually give any of it, that's the only critcism.

Saying "You're wrong, but I can't show you why" just doesn't really work. We're all aware of the fact that certain kinds of information just aren't civilian knowledge, and fair enough, but we can only work with what we've got and do the best we can with it.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:36 PM   #82
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Hey guys. I have super secret information that Bush is actually a woman.

But I can't tell you my sources because they are super covert.

But it's true because I say it is.

Also, join the army join the army join the army.

I'm using this post to recruit you join the army join the army join the army come kill some Iraqis with us join the army.

Last edited by Grandiagod; 05-29-2007 at 01:46 PM..
Grandiagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 02:51 PM   #83
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Out of curiosity, do you do things that -aren't- troll?
Old 05-29-2007, 03:12 PM   #84
8Shade8
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 8Shade8 Send a message via Skype™ to 8Shade8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Hey guys. I have super secret information that Bush is actually a woman.

But I can't tell you my sources because they are super covert.

But it's true because I say it is.

Also, join the army join the army join the army.

I'm using this post to recruit you join the army join the army join the army come kill some Iraqis with us join the army.
Wow, you blew what I am trying to do WAY out of proportion. Lol. I don't get paid enough to recruit people into the army.

People demand their freedom of speech, so as to avoid their freedom of thought. Keep the freedom you possess inherently, before someone else attempts to take it from you.
8Shade8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #85
Grandiagod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Grandiagod Send a message via MSN to Grandiagod

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Out of curiosity, do you do things that -aren't- troll?
No I was pointing out the absurdity of telling someone to join Army intelligence so that they can verify that the information used in an internet debate is correct rather than actually using identifiable sources.

After all, being an intelligence officer he must know that information is only as good as its source.

Also, the post was basically the most blatant plug for Army recruitment I have seen, despite what he says.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:12 PM   #86
evilcowgod
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
Do you agree or disagree with that actions Bush has taken during his 2 terms in office? Do you think Bush has proper justification on the war in Iraq or do you think the war is pointless?

Discuss
The war is ultimately pointless, George Bush and all the other republicans out there can kid themselves all they want, but the fact it, it's just another war like Vietnam.

The war has no point to it anymore, why are we trying to shove democracy down their throats? Every country is different.

The main reason why we went there was to get Saddam out of power. As if it makes any difference. OK Saddam is gone, but what now? Voting and democracy is great and all, don't get me wrong, but there's no point in trying to change the way a country works by going to war.

War is meant to be a last resort, a course of action taken when serious deputes arise between countries. It's been proven that there were no weapons of mass destruction within Saddam's reach, so therefore they're no threat to us anymore?

<- Support!
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this."
Evilcowgod is not amused.
evilcowgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:08 AM   #87
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Fun Fact #361:

Before the United States invaded Iraq, it was a sovereign nation. Now, four years later, it's in the midst of a civil war, every morning the streets of Baghdad are littered with the tortured corpses of innocent Iraq civilians, we aren't any closer to finding Osama bin Laden, we never found any WMDs and this war has no end in sight.

I don't see this war having a happy ending.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:16 AM   #88
8Shade8
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 8Shade8 Send a message via Skype™ to 8Shade8

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcowgod View Post
The war is ultimately pointless, George Bush and all the other republicans out there can kid themselves all they want, but the fact it, it's just another war like Vietnam.

The war has no point to it anymore, why are we trying to shove democracy down their throats? Every country is different.

The main reason why we went there was to get Saddam out of power. As if it makes any difference. OK Saddam is gone, but what now? Voting and democracy is great and all, don't get me wrong, but there's no point in trying to change the way a country works by going to war.

War is meant to be a last resort, a course of action taken when serious deputes arise between countries. It's been proven that there were no weapons of mass destruction within Saddam's reach, so therefore they're no threat to us anymore?

Lol, well, you do have a point. I can agree that this war is slighlty pointless. Bush's "reson" for still being over there are the terrorists. It will take FOREVER to eliminate them. We are most likely going to get pulled out of Iraq when President Bush looses power. We are going to look like idiots and punks when that happens....

Btw. So far I have looked into good sources for the war that civilians can access. Now, the only way to see the truth behind the media, is to look at multiple sources and compare there stories.

Here are two you can compare:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
http://www.foxnews.com

Edit: Still looking into sites that have really good information.

People demand their freedom of speech, so as to avoid their freedom of thought. Keep the freedom you possess inherently, before someone else attempts to take it from you.

Last edited by 8Shade8; 05-31-2007 at 09:46 PM..
8Shade8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2007, 07:25 PM   #89
Garthhh
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Garthhh Send a message via Skype™ to Garthhh

President Bush has been an arrogant bigot from the start. For the most part, he does things his way. He leaves little room for compromise or diplomacy. He rushed us into an unnecessary war for all the wrong reasons. He is also chipping away at the civil liberties that are the foundation of America. On top of that, he seems to support criminals (Libby) and seems to have a whole lot of scandals going on around him. Bush also acts harshly whenever someone is critical of him. Notice that there aren't too many Citgo stations around anymore? They started disappearing after the Venezuelan dictator called Bush "the devil." Citgo is Venezuelan gas.

Bush has been catering to the rich and been driving his buddies' companies profits skyward. Halliburton, for example. Dick Cheney used to be the president of it. He still holds stocks. Also, the rich have been getting tax cut after tax cut. One of the Republican-controlled Congress's last passed bills was a tax cut that gave the wealthiest 1% of America 38% of the total tax cut money. The second largest amount went to the wealthiest 10%. The rest went to the majority of America.

In the aftermath of Katrina, the Greeks offered to send over two fully equipped hospital ships. Bush, on the other hand, turned down this offer so that he could rent out two cruise ships from a company that is a huge supporter of the Republican party. Sounds like corruption on some level to me.

After 9/11, Bush and the government began to order record numbers of brand new, $300 million a piece fighter jets. What better way to fight box cutter wielding terrorists? Basically, Bush is and Congress are wasting tax money. About half a trillion dollars a year is being spent on the military. The budgets for education, public works, state governments, local governments, etc. have all been cut so that the military can spend more to buy things that only end up eliminating thousands of people.

But yeah, I think Bush is a dolt.
Garthhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2007, 07:42 PM   #90
Wootsicle
Nothing can stop me now..
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Wootsicle

I was just on my way home and heard Capital G on the radio.
Good lord I love Trent Reznor, and everything he stands for.

Speaking of, George Bush pretty much just fails at everything he tries to do. None of the choices he has made have helped out country, whatsoever, and I'm rather glad we'll be bidding fair well to him soon.
Wootsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2007, 08:21 PM   #91
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Location: In front of the speakers, banging my head until I get a nosebleed.
Send a message via AIM to purebloodtexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garthhh View Post
President Bush has been an arrogant bigot from the start. For the most part, he does things his way. He leaves little room for compromise or diplomacy. He rushed us into an unnecessary war for all the wrong reasons. He is also chipping away at the civil liberties that are the foundation of America. On top of that, he seems to support criminals (Libby) and seems to have a whole lot of scandals going on around him. Bush also acts harshly whenever someone is critical of him. Notice that there aren't too many Citgo stations around anymore? They started disappearing after the Venezuelan dictator called Bush "the devil." Citgo is Venezuelan gas.

Bush has been catering to the rich and been driving his buddies' companies profits skyward. Halliburton, for example. Dick Cheney used to be the president of it. He still holds stocks. Also, the rich have been getting tax cut after tax cut. One of the Republican-controlled Congress's last passed bills was a tax cut that gave the wealthiest 1% of America 38% of the total tax cut money. The second largest amount went to the wealthiest 10%. The rest went to the majority of America.

In the aftermath of Katrina, the Greeks offered to send over two fully equipped hospital ships. Bush, on the other hand, turned down this offer so that he could rent out two cruise ships from a company that is a huge supporter of the Republican party. Sounds like corruption on some level to me.

After 9/11, Bush and the government began to order record numbers of brand new, $300 million a piece fighter jets. What better way to fight box cutter wielding terrorists? Basically, Bush is and Congress are wasting tax money. About half a trillion dollars a year is being spent on the military. The budgets for education, public works, state governments, local governments, etc. have all been cut so that the military can spend more to buy things that only end up eliminating thousands of people.

But yeah, I think Bush is a dolt.
Sorry if it looks like I'm wasting space, but nice post.

And about the budget, the national debt is currently in the trillions. So wouldn't it be logical for bush to stop with the tax breaks and get some money in?

Be back in a minute, researching (what you might call) competent presidential candidates.

purebloodtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2007, 08:48 AM   #92
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

I'm going to have to give my opinion on this.

On one hand, you could say Bush was doing the right thing 4 years ago but if we look back it right now, its pretty easy to see that maybe invading Iraq wasn't the best idea. I guess the question is will Bush admit that not much is being accomplished in Iraq and pull out or wait until a democrat takes office to withdraw troops?

I just think with all the lives lost over the years, it just doesn't seem worth it to stay fighting in Iraq

Oh, and if anyone could post information about what has been accomplished in Iraq, I would strongly like to know. Thanks

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2007, 12:47 PM   #93
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
Oh, and if anyone could post information about what has been accomplished in Iraq, I would strongly like to know. Thanks
Well, we've made sure that there are no WMD's (Which we should've done before we bombed the country). And if this counts as an achievement, we've gotten rid of Saddam. Other than that, we've accomplished nothing more than a high death toll.

Old 06-9-2007, 07:44 PM   #94
trillobyite
FFR Player

I think the USA should pull out. The USA is trying to stabilize the country and she is failing, because Iraq has fallen too far into chaos. The USA is trying to defeat terrorists but they are so disgustingly embedded within the population that the only way to find them is to go door-to-door with an interpreter and watch as all the Iraqis lie to you, act like they can't understand a word, or blame some neighbor they don't like. It's like a game or a riddle, how to tell who is lying and who is not. I'm Iraqi myself, and honestly I'm ashamed of fellow Iraqis who are Sunni or Shia. When it comes to dealing with US Soldiers, they are either liars who play dumb and smuggle weapons, or revenge-seekers who will give information only if some family member was injured and want the local insurgent leader killed by US troops. And in the meantime US troops are being shelled by random arms smugglers, who are being given ideological support from the sheikhs who spread anti-coalition propoganda BS and doctored photos, and the US can't touch the sheikhs because they have an almost diplomatic immuntiy, even though they are just as much scum as the insurgents. They all hate each other too. They bomb each other's funerals and then they bomb the rescue workers. If they choose, 70% by the polls, to justify attacks on the USA, and then act like crybabies because in the same poll 70% also feel it is too early for the US to pull out, because they want protection from whatever ethnic group they hate, then screw them. Let them wipe each other off.
The USA should do this:
1. Split it into 3 states, sunni, kurdish, and shia.
2. Pull out.
3. Give economic and technological and even some military support to the Kurdish state which is the only civilized one in the region and actually looks like a normal place with skyscrapers and an economy. Then the two can become allies and the USA can have a second outlet in the Middle East.
4. Deal with the many domestic problems in the USA and let the rest of Iraq go to the toilet. If the USA really wants to be humanitarian, then they should install power-hungry dictators and then break off connection with them and let them subjugate their people, seeing as that's the only government fit for them.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2007, 08:01 PM   #95
hayatewillown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The USA should do this:
1. Split it into 3 states, sunni, kurdish, and shia.
2. Pull out.
3. Give economic and technological and even some military support to the Kurdish state which is the only civilized one in the region and actually looks like a normal place with skyscrapers and an economy. Then the two can become allies and the USA can have a second outlet in the Middle East.
4. Deal with the many domestic problems in the USA and let the rest of Iraq go to the toilet. If the USA really wants to be humanitarian, then they should install power-hungry dictators and then break off connection with them and let them subjugate their people, seeing as that's the only government fit for them.
To much of a literalistic idea. Won't work. Thats just BEGGING for a civil war.

First of all...
Don't pull out. If we stop stomping down the terrorists , they will grow in size and destroy us.

George Bush has done his good so far. I bet that very few people including myself has met the man. He has very good views on the war. If we pull out, we will be destroyed. Simple as that. " Oh no my son died I think we should pull out"- Well first of all, why is your son in the military?

People! Don't go in the military unless you want to work or fight for your country!

Quote:
Well, we've made sure that there are no WMD's (Which we should've done before we bombed the country). And if this counts as an achievement, we've gotten rid of Saddam. Other than that, we've accomplished nothing more than a high death toll.
Nice try. Yes, we did not find WMD's, which was good. The death toll? Well that was all terrorists let me tell you that. You want a high amount of terrorists? Fine by me, lets stick you out there and see how many shoot you.

Quote:
On one hand, you could say Bush was doing the right thing 4 years ago but if we look back it right now, its pretty easy to see that maybe invading Iraq wasn't the best idea. I guess the question is will Bush admit that not much is being accomplished in Iraq and pull out or wait until a democrat takes office to withdraw troops?
WRONG!

He has been doing the right thing in all of his years in office. Why would he admit something that he did not do? Well, much has been accomplished in Iraq. Like I said to puretexanblood, lets stick you out there and see how many terrorists shoot you. A life is a life, and people would pay for lives. We've killed a lot of terrorists and there are still terrorists left. Plus, we had to start the war. We were bombed. If you were in office and didn't attack the country because it bombed you, you would be assassinated straight off the bat.

Quote:
Fun Fact #361:

Before the United States invaded Iraq, it was a sovereign nation. Now, four years later, it's in the midst of a civil war, every morning the streets of Baghdad are littered with the tortured corpses of innocent Iraq civilians, we aren't any closer to finding Osama bin Laden, we never found any WMDs and this war has no end in sight.

I don't see this war having a happy ending.
No war has a happy ending.

The Israelites and the Palestine's are bound into a religious war. We were bombed by a terrorist group that resided in Iraq. Now, we are getting rid of the terrorists.
Old 06-9-2007, 08:19 PM   #96
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatewillown View Post
To much of a literalistic idea. Won't work. Thats just BEGGING for a civil war.

First of all...
Don't pull out. If we stop stomping down the terrorists , they will grow in size and destroy us.

George Bush has done his good so far. I bet that very few people including myself has met the man. He has very good views on the war. If we pull out, we will be destroyed. Simple as that. " Oh no my son died I think we should pull out"- Well first of all, why is your son in the military?

People! Don't go in the military unless you want to work or fight for your country!

Nice try. Yes, we did not find WMD's, which was good. The death toll? Well that was all terrorists let me tell you that. You want a high amount of terrorists? Fine by me, lets stick you out there and see how many shoot you.

WRONG!

He has been doing the right thing in all of his years in office. Why would he admit something that he did not do? Well, much has been accomplished in Iraq. Like I said to puretexanblood, lets stick you out there and see how many terrorists shoot you. A life is a life, and people would pay for lives. We've killed a lot of terrorists and there are still terrorists left. Plus, we had to start the war. We were bombed. If you were in office and didn't attack the country because it bombed you, you would be assassinated straight off the bat.

No war has a happy ending.

The Israelites and the Palestine's are bound into a religious war. We were bombed by a terrorist group that resided in Iraq. Now, we are getting rid of the terrorists.
Their son/daughter did want to join the military. It doesn't necessarily mean that their parents think that their son/daughter belongs in there.

First off, we shouldn't be in there in the first place. The only reason why we're fighting right now is to clean up our mess, which I haven't seen much progress on. Bush said to give his plan time, and I will; in my eyes, however, it's not working well.

Second off, we fired our weapons before an inspection occured, which the initial reason we went into the ME in the first place was the possible threat of weapons. Had we not fired at them before the inspection, I think the war would've gone [to the least bit] in a different direction.

We've basically triggered another holy war in the Middle East

So, tell me: Have you read any previous posts other than the ones you've quoted?

Also, the Iraq war had little if nothing to do with 9/11; atleast not the initial cause of invading Iraq. If not, prove me wrong.

Old 06-9-2007, 08:31 PM   #97
hayatewillown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebloodtexan View Post
Their son/daughter did want to join the military. It doesn't necessarily mean that their parents think that their son/daughter belongs in there.

First off, we shouldn't be in there in the first place. The only reason why we're fighting right now is to clean up our mess, which I haven't seen much progress on. Bush said to give his plan time, and I will; in my eyes, however, it's not working well.

Second off, we fired our weapons before an inspection occured, which the initial reason we went into the ME in the first place was the possible threat of weapons. Had we not fired at them before the inspection, I think the war would've gone [to the least bit] in a different direction.

We've basically triggered another holy war in the Middle East

So, tell me: Have you read any previous posts other than the ones you've quoted?

Also, the Iraq war had little if nothing to do with 9/11; atleast not the initial cause of invading Iraq. If not, prove me wrong.

Quote:
Then you're obviously blind!
How will you know what President Bush is planning unless he said something about it? So far, his first action, fighting in the war, is still being commenced!

We have not triggered another holy war! What the heck are you even talking about? Do you even read what you are typing?!

The holy war has been going on for centuries!

The bombing has everything to do with our interaction with the terrorists.

Quote:
You just love me doing that don't you.
Old 06-9-2007, 08:46 PM   #98
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatewillown
First of all...
The sad thing is that you don't seem to understand that by trampling roughshod over the Middle East you are doing -far- more to create and encourage anti-american sentiment than you are to stop it. You're making -more- terrorists not less.

Quote:
If we pull out, we will be destroyed. Simple as that.
I'm curious to hear your expert military opinion on the logistics of a country that has been blasted to rubble, under sanction, and struggling to reform a government after an invasion force executed their leader is capable of "destroying" you. You seem to have a very low opinion of America's ability to defend itself.

Quote:
The death toll? Well that was all terrorists let me tell you that
I'm trying to tell whether you are implying that the only reason there are dead americans is because of terrorists (which isn't true) or that the only people who were killed by americans were terrorists (which definately isn't true)
Quote:
Well, much has been accomplished in Iraq.
Yes, you overthrew a legally elected government (albiet not a very kind one) killed thousands, many innocent civilians, destroyed homes, cities, some of the oldest and most culturally significant artifacts in the world, and uh...the violence is worse now than when you started. Yeah, a lot has been accomplished.

Quote:
If you were in office and didn't attack the country because it bombed you, you would be assassinated straight off the bat.
Hmm...let see...Egyptian and Saudi Arabian terrorists attack the United states, and in response the United States invades and overthrows the controlling governments of Afghanistan and Iraq, declare their mission accomplished, and then set out to lose hundreds more soldiers, and kill hundreds more civilians and destroy hundreds more homes and buildings.

So...America was attacked by no country at all, and even if you wanted to think they were, they were attacked by Egypt and Saudi Arabia...Bush has not attacked those countries, and remains unassassinated.
Quote:
We were bombed by a terrorist group that resided in Iraq.
Se above. You were -attacked- (not bombed) by terrorists from Saudi Arabia and Egypt...neither of those names is Iraq.
Old 06-9-2007, 08:58 PM   #99
hayatewillown
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
So...America was attacked by no country at all, and even if you wanted to think they were, they were attacked by Egypt and Saudi Arabia...Bush has not attacked those countries, and remains unassassinated.
Se above. You were -attacked- (not bombed) by terrorists from Saudi Arabia and Egypt...neither of those names is Iraq.
They reside in Iraq.

Quote:
I'm curious to hear your expert military opinion on the logistics of a country that has been blasted to rubble, under sanction, and struggling to reform a government after an invasion force executed their leader is capable of "destroying" you. You seem to have a very low opinion of America's ability to defend itself.
My military expert opinion? My father is in the Navy, I live next to 16 marines. They all agree with me.

Low opinion on it's ability to defend it's self? Excuse me? Is hiding behind a bulwark defense really the best option? HA! Lets see you make a giant shield that can defend against nuclear weapons and bombs. Nice try.

The best defense is a good offense.

Quote:
Pot...meet kettle, I believe you two have something in common.
Old 06-9-2007, 09:03 PM   #100
purebloodtexan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayatewillown View Post
Then you're obviously blind!
How will you know what President Bush is planning unless he said something about it? So far, his first action, fighting in the war, is still being commenced!

We have not triggered another holy war! What the heck are you even talking about? Do you even read what you are typing?!

The holy war has been going on for centuries!

The bombing has everything to do with our interaction with the terrorists.

You just love me doing that don't you.
As Devonin just explained, Bush has accomplished little. And yes, he has told us about it. He told us about it the night we bombed the country. I remember these words clearly, even when I heard them in fifth grade:

"...to disarm Iraq, and to free its people."

There was nothing wrong with Iraq in the first place. It was atleast in what you might call a state of peace when Saddam was the ruler. And the people, also as Devonin has explained, are probably in a bigger mess than they were back in '03*. Hell, a lot of what Bush called "people" is willingly involved with the fighting.

Going back to the mentioned [supposed] state of peace, the fall of Saddam has thrown the Sunnis and Shi'ites back together and rekindled the fighting in Iraq. So, yes, we have started another holy war.

And, as Devonin also explained, the group that executed the attack had nothing to do with Saddam Hussein.