Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:09 PM   #81
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734
Default Re: Twg Xxix Postgame Wolves Win

Um yeah well i was like crucial to blah's success. I was the one who told Afro to tell Tps that he wasn't a wolf and that if they asked if he was in contact with any other wolves to say Tass. That's what made blah survive.

IM ALWAYS SO UNDER ACKNOWLEDGED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 04-10-2006, 10:15 PM   #82
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

So you told him to implicate (who you thought) was the master wolf, good job. Either that or you told him to lie.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 AM   #83
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

The different between this and Tribal & TWG XXII is that those games were AGREED to be won by 1 specific team, and therefore went into the records as such. No "cheating" of any kind happened in those games and they were both ended early because of things the host did.

This game is completely different. One side "cheated" to gain an advantage that directly affected the outcome of the game. THAT is why it won't be recorded while the others were.

Does that make any sense? Cause I already posted it once that you guys seem to be missing. I also posted TWICE that I acknowledged Blah's (and Jurs'?) excellent play... unfortunately it required something against the rules for it to succeed, so perhaps it wasn't so excellent. Like communism... its great in theory, but when executed it just doesn't seem to work out.

I sure hope you guys can see the difference between the above 2 games and this game. They are very different. And its NOT just me whining about one thing vs another. What it may be is that I'm the only one willing to voice my opinion strong enough in situations like these so that it is heard... as I was the one responsible for the outcomes in both of the previous 2 games AND in getting this game thrown out. So perhaps a situation like this HAS come up before, but because I was on the "correct" side of it, I didn't notice it (because I can't specifically think of any such situation) and nobody else spoke up about it, so nothing happened to rock the boat.

Although, my personal favorite reason is that I'm just so good that everyone is SO out to get me, they break the rules to do it. But I'm still so good that I catch them every time and argue persuasively enough to win my argument and get the result of the game changed to what I want it to be. Although I doubt you all will be willing to accept this statement.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #84
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

I think the next normal game we have, if I lose, I'll try and argue it into a win, even if there is 0 reason for it. JUST to see if I can do it. And I'm even telling you now that I'm GOING to do it, just to make it even harder to do.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 AM   #85
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

And I thought Tass was a little full of himself before...
Old 04-11-2006, 06:32 AM   #86
Wilkin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Wilkin

Full? Looks like he's overflowing.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #87
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

First of all, I don't know why XXII is even an example. No one cheated. Everyone got mad and quit. Guido raised a very good point: the tribal game ended before it even began. This game was played to the end. That's not to say that things went wrong, but tricks are pulled in pretty much every game. We don't allow people who have real life interactions to play together anymore, because people railed about the unfairness and the cheating involved there, but those games were not thrown out just because one side ended up with an unfair advantage (and they were unfair advantages -- in one instance, the wolves knew all the specials by night two, and in the other, one wolf went out on the first day, and the humans were absolutely certain of it).

Blah's plan was incredible. He talked it over with the host and with a member of TWC, neither of whom saw a problem at the time. Had someone caught the flaw and pointed it out, only to have Blah go through with it anyway, this would be a different story. You can't get mad because someone exploits a loophole. You certainly can't throw out a game that lasted to the end -- especially a one-wolf victory. Give credit where it is due, get over it, and move on.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #88
talisman
Resident Penguin

look blah did nothing wrong... impersonation through behavior is brilliant and an excellent way to capitalize on the situation. It was mead's fault for letting that question go without making tps add a clarifying phrase to it that dealt with the issue of certainty. Because to me it's quite clear that the question by itself assumes a very high degree of certainty, probably the highest, and there's no way afro was 100% certain that he was being truthful about tass, because he had never conversed with tass on real sns about being wolves together.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:30 PM   #89
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

that's not the point, what amanda said is 100 % the point, and that's all there is to it... throw out every other game where people met IRL which then gave info to the wolves. That, or just leave this the hell alone and move on and we'll make a rule that what i did can't be done in the future

Old 04-11-2006, 01:02 PM   #90
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

There's a big difference between those games and this one, though.

Here, the game was broken. There, it was just hastened.

Amanda, blah exploiting a loophole is completely irrelevant to the outcome of the game. It was the false report of information that tainted the game in such a way that no (realistic) outcome would be legitimate. Imagine if the host gave a seer a false report and that got someone lynched. A game centered around such false information that the players are told should be accepted to be true just isn't right.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:23 PM   #91
talisman
Resident Penguin

that is the point, because that's why it should at least be asterisked, in my opinion. What you did had nothing to do with it, it was what mead didn't do that affected the game. The question was slightly ambiguous, and that ambiguity should have been addressed.

Note that if the ambiguity HAD been addressed before the question was asked/answered, afro could have just said "I don't know" and still been telling the truth, and then tps wouldn't have known that he was a wolf and that would have been the end of that, wolves still probably would have won.

If you do count it, you have to asterisk it.

edit: addressed at blah, when I hit submit it did nothing til just a few seconds ago.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #92
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'm not saying it shouldn't be asterisked, or go down as a contested game. I'm saying it shouldn't go off the record.

And, really, Blah's plan had a profound effect on the outcome of the game. I'm not saying the wolves wouldn't have won without it, but it definitely helped.

I'm really sort of confused by your use of the word "broken" to describe the game. The game should be recorded, regardless of the outcome. Blah's right -- learn from it and make a new rule. Don't pretend it didn't happen.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #93
talisman
Resident Penguin

I would agree to that compromise, mainly because I really don't give a **** about the SPREADSHEET or anything like that.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #94
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Tass does.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #95
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

It's obvious that Tass simply doesn't want it on his record of being lynched as a human.

I have no problem at throwing an asterisk on it, but I don't want it thrown out simply because the records keeper was lynched. That's just plain stupid.
Old 04-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #96
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Why does it matter if games count? It's not like it erases the game from the public mind. Blah's plan will be remembered. Stats mean ****, there isn't a hall of fame or anything. The only one who keeps them is Tass. They are a nice addition, but does a game counting or not really make any difference?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:21 PM   #97
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

The issue I'm taking is with repeating the 29th game, rather than moving on to 30. I also like the history thread. It's a good reference for the game.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #98
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
The different between this and Tribal & TWG XXII is that those games were AGREED to be won by 1 specific team, and therefore went into the records as such. No "cheating" of any kind happened in those games and they were both ended early because of things the host did.
Uh, no, Tass, not everyone agreed. That was you being bullheaded and thinking you were right. Take offense to that comment if you want, but keep in mind you're doing the same thing here.

Personally, I don't care anymore. The game was handled incorrectly, and there was some misinformation. You know what the best thing to do is? Make a compromise to set things straight.

The game was mishandled. So the records won't be full. Keep it as TWG XXIX. Everybody that was lynched/wolfed before the Afrobean questioning incident has the information go on their records.

For example: I was lynched on Night 1, and that was not a consequence of blah's strategy. It WILL go on my record. Tass's lynching was a consequence of blah's strategy. It WILL NOT go on his record.

blah will get his win as a consolation for his well-played strategy that simply worked through mere result of circumstance.

The game will be asterisked with an explanation of what happened. That way, we can all stop bitching and move on. IT'S A GAME. Give it up, and let's get on with XXX. I don't want to see a three-month hiatus of TWG because we all couldn't agree on such a trivial issue yet again.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 04-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #99
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda
The issue I'm taking is with repeating the 29th game, rather than moving on to 30. I also like the history thread. It's a good reference for the game.
Same here.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:04 PM   #100
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

IMO this was as much a real game as any other. If what happened to Tass happened to anyone else, it wouldn't even matter and no one would be arguing.

Just shut the hell up and get over it. Start a new game. Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Closed Thread