Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 11:37 AM   #81
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Re: TWG XCI: Waned Lichens

Because the same reason why it used to be the case that if you survived night one people thought you were a wolf, if Afro doesn't painstakingly overanalyze everything no matter what, people will think he's a wolf
Old 11-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #82
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
An alibi for what? Did someone accuse you of something?
hey, nothing wrong with fending arfo away

if you considered his theory only arfo and I would have been potential suspects as far as we know. If not him it's me. I think this game merits a little more defensiveness than would normally be expected of every player.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:44 AM   #83
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

The over analysis is normal and I've come to expect it from Afro. However I feel like he's giving off a subtle undertone of

"I'm not stupid, I can't have been involved with this wolving"

And i don't like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #84
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

What I'm getting at, Manti, is that the undertones you're getting could possibly be "Since I -am- a wolf, but have to over-analyze to not blow my cover, I can only overanalyze what I've got, which isn't much"
Old 11-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #85
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Not that I necessarily agree with you that Afro's giving off a wolfy undertone, just suggesting what could lead to him giving off such an undertone.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #86
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Also, why do I always think of something else to add after posting, when I can't edit?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:56 AM   #87
iggymatrixcounter
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iggymatrixcounter

viccia

This post screams out to me because I think she half jokingly said it to see if it would stick or not. She says that the night kill gives us more to talk about, but does not offer up anything to say. And she separates herself from having done the kill because she would have gone for "afro or iggy" which is clearly not the case because afro and I would have had a high chance of being guarded.

Couple that with my ever present theory that wolves are heard but not seen, stressing that every wolf knows he needs to post but has troubles posting because he has to be careful not to reveal anything.

Have at it.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #88
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
things
I'm not stupid, I can't have been involved with wolfing freaky.

I already wanted freaky killed and I was planning on getting him lynched today. Would be pretty stupid of me to wolf my lynch choice.

And I'm not stupid.

Manti, if you want me deaded, you'll have a better chance at going for me at night I think. I probably won't be guarded. The guardian will probably be too busy guarding you, because odds are that the person who got the role is one of the less confident players with a lot less experience.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #89
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

No I would go for afro or you because you, iggy, have been known to pretty much single-handedly win games for the humans. You'd be a reasonable threat to the wolf team alive so I'd think you'd be a very sensible kill being as how (no offense to the rest of you) I find you to be the best player here currently...

Afro because I left him alive as a human last game to hopefully cause problems for the humans and it backfired and he managed to pin nearly the entire wolf team (whether or not he realized it at the time).

I said that taking into the account that there's 1 guard a night and there's PLENTY of better options to try and kill than freaky. Regardless of whether or not you two are worth guarding only one of you can be. If I were a wolf I wouldn't waste a kill on someone who blatantly said they'd be inactive as opposed to a player of a higher caliber.

manti because I think he jumped the gun a bit without really having much reasoning behind it except to maybe throw some attention on someone else to be safe.

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #90
Viccica
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Viccica Send a message via MSN to Viccica

There would be way more risks leaving one of you alive than starting to off you guys as a whole. That's my view on who I would wolf.

And yeah, it was me posting jokingly but I don't want to come right out and be like 'HEY BECAUSE OF THIS KILL I THINK MANTI IS A WOLF'. It'd draw attention to me to back up my theory and I really don't have one, it was just a hunch and until I was more sure about anything I didn't want to take any blind leap into the unknown and put a vote on him...

In view of current events in the banking market, does that refer to me or to you?

Sincerely,

Your Client
Eco Friendly
~Chu
Old 11-18-2009, 12:45 PM   #91
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Quote:
No I would go for afro or you because you, iggy, have been known to pretty much single-handedly win games for the humans. You'd be a reasonable threat to the wolf team alive so I'd think you'd be a very sensible kill being as how (no offense to the rest of you) I find you to be the best player here currently...

Afro because I left him alive as a human last game to hopefully cause problems for the humans and it backfired and he managed to pin nearly the entire wolf team (whether or not he realized it at the time).
They'd also, for the exact same reasons, be solid guardian choices as well, making them worse wolf choices.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:49 PM   #92
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
No I would go for afro or you because you, iggy, have been known to pretty much single-handedly win games for the humans.
Maybe I missed that game, but I thought the most recent game he played was the one where my lucky seerings and his skills (with some help from roundbox the wolf slave/bitch too) won the game for the wolves

vicc for not getting her facts straight
Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #93
tupacodaman
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to tupacodaman

jk I'll probably change to someone else after I read all of viccica's posts. I've only looked at some players' posts so far and haven't gotten to hers
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM   #94
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viccica View Post
Iggy, like manti, plays the Tass school of thought. He wins games, yes, but he is able to do so by running alliances, by abusing blues, by using exclusive information to pick who to lynch.

He isn't much more of a threat to the wolves than most of the rest of the active players this game. Then again, the wolves PROBABLY wouldn't be aware of this (as most people still believe manti will be able to win these seer-less games just because he's manti), so you're probably right anyway in saying the wolves would probably want him dead.

Quote:
I only really hit Syhto hard. The remaining three were in line for my suspect list by the end, but Syhto was really the only one of you that I was truly aiming for, especially earlier on.

But we all saw how that fell apart during the last day.

ps dev, bro, you are really bad at outthinking kill choices. No matter how you slice it, the wolves overcompensated WAY too much in killing freaky. They could have taken a semi-risky choice with one of the vets who could POSSIBLY be guarded, or they could go after a middle-of-the-road player who would almost definitely not be guarded. Instead, they went for someone who was a likely day 1 lynch candidate ostensibly to ENSURE that they wouldn't get blocked.

ps tupac, you're forgetting the game we had just a couple games back where iggy led the alliance to kill 4 wolves in 3 days. Yes, not all of the wolves going down were DIRECTLY and ONLY from him, but he was a MAJOR contributor, being the alliance leader and bringing down the lynch on the 4th wolf on the 3rd day without the help of any of the vets as I recall.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #95
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

You're assuming, of course, that the only reason they picked Frealky was that they were sure he woudln't be guarded. We have no way to know what plan the wolves are hatching, and we have no way to know what might have been said betwen Freaky and people who aren't ourselves to have made wolves decide he needed to die.

We lack enough information to decide exactly why they picked Freaky, and "Because they didn't want the kill guarded" doesn't even work for the reasons you already described.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #96
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Also, I don't think he was a likely day one lynch candidate, and nothing you've suggested so far in the thread would have convinced me if you tried to gun for him today.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:26 PM   #97
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You're assuming, of course, that the only reason they picked Frealky was that they were sure he woudln't be guarded. We have no way to know what plan the wolves are hatching, and we have no way to know what might have been said betwen Freaky and people who aren't ourselves to have made wolves decide he needed to die.
The only thing he could have said to motivate the wolves to kill him would be "I am the guardian".

Quote:
We lack enough information to decide exactly why they picked Freaky, and "Because they didn't want the kill guarded" doesn't even work for the reasons you already described.
Why doesn't it? He wouldn't be guarded (I even said this BEFORE he was killed), so they decided to kill him. Rather than using their brain to pick the BEST kill choice who wouldn't be guarded, they apparently just grabbed any old one they could.

Quote:
Also, I don't think he was a likely day one lynch candidate, and nothing you've suggested so far in the thread would have convinced me if you tried to gun for him today.
I don't need to convince you. All I need is a few others who would agree with me, of which there was already at least 1 or 2. If I pushed hard with help from them, I could have wrangled up one or two more which would be more than enough to secure the lynch.

Dev, I'm going to vote for you. You seem to believe that the wolves had some HIGHER purpose for killing freaky. You seem to be arguing way too hard when I say it was probably just a shoddy choice made to avoid the guardian. Why would you argue so hard to push away from this idea? What benefit does it net you? Does it help us find wolves to CONTINUE to second-guess the wolves motives, to think they had some higher purpose in killing freaky? And what is this apparently higher purpose? The wolves are not some higher deity beyond our understanding. So please, if it wasn't a dumbass mistake, and it wasn't someone like fiction or me doing it for the challenge, what was it?

You're reminding me a little of manti here. Seeming to take offense by me calling the wolves out as fools. Why would you be offended by this? The wolves made a bad choice. I think an insult is perfectly applicable here. The wolves are dumb for killing freaky. They should have left him alive and let me and fiction lynch him today.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 PM   #98
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Afro, seriously? You're voting to lynch me because I'm pointing out flaws in logic, and suggesting that we put some more thought and effort into gathering useful information before making decisions? Do you even know who I am?
Old 11-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #99
devonin
Very Grave Indeed

Though I like how you point out that a reasonable justification for killing him is that -you- are a wolf.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:29 PM   #100
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

I know that afro is usually aggressive but right now it seems like he's throwing all of his suspects at random. "Hey guys I know all 4 wolves already ^_^" on n1 just seems like a distraction to get attention away from him.

Try to attack me afro. Try me.
Closed Thread