Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2007, 04:20 PM   #81
Psycho8137
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho8137 Send a message via AIM to Psycho8137 Send a message via MSN to Psycho8137 Send a message via Yahoo to Psycho8137 Send a message via Skype™ to Psycho8137
Default Re: At least 31 dead at Virginia Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
Pardon my language in advance, but that guy deserves it. Plus, you won't be able to see my cussing! Yay filters! ^_^

The guy is so full of bull****, that he needs to burn in hell. Games do not do that to people. And if they do, then they are seriously ****ed up.

Also, I would like to see what the real motive was for the shooting. What'd be ironic is if that kid got tired of that guy's crap and went ape-****.

^^^ Tass
Psycho8137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #82
Loot You
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolTorrent View Post
I saw something about this in my Sophomore studies class when we turned on the TV. I knew instantly that it'd be on FFR when I got home.

I'm not going to read this. I don't feel like feeling morbid while I get interviewed at Baskin Robbins.
31 flavors, 31 deaths, just thought I'd mention that

this is a horrible waste of life. especially the fact that it's college students who are just trying to make it in the world and are about to finish up their education and REALLY begin their life... it's sad.

also to blame this on video games is completely inappropriate. They shouldn't point their fingers at them every time a shooting occurs in the U.S.
Loot You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:30 PM   #83
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loot You View Post
also to blame this on video games is completely inappropriate. They shouldn't point their fingers at them every time a shooting occurs in the U.S.
Not to mention europe has the exact same vices we do and the have nowhere near our crime rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 04:43 PM   #84
cC@Zz
FFR Player

I found out about this during school today. Not to many of the teachers knew about it. One of my friends told me about and I thought he was joking at first since no one else seemed to have known about it.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #85
lumphoboextreme
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Yahoo to lumphoboextreme Send a message via Skype™ to lumphoboextreme

no one even mentioned it at my school. i know a kid who goes there too..
Old 04-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #86
Arthur122368
FFR Player

It didn't get mentioned at my school. I didn't even know about it until someone mentioned it seconds before I opened Chit-Chat from my IRC channel. I seriously hate when people blame violence for video games.

EDIT: My bad, old account, this is Fluorescent.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM   #87
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias

I found out about this while I was out today. I happened to be passing a TV and saw something about breaking news, and I stopped to watch, which happens to be uncharacteristic of me.

I can't express how deeply I feel for the people who are involved, those who lost people they knew. I also feel deeply for the person who caused this all. I will never claim to rationalize something like this; quite the opposite. But to be driven so far as to kill and hurt and destroy the lives of so many people, there must have been something terribly wrong.

I wish I could see into the minds of some of these people who do these things. Can it really be so bad, so unbearable, that they have no other options? I can't imagine it.

Regardless, God rest their souls. If you don't believe in God, then may their bodies return to the earth without further disturbance. No one deserves this fate.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:15 PM   #88
madmatt621
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to madmatt621 Send a message via AIM to madmatt621 Send a message via MSN to madmatt621 Send a message via Yahoo to madmatt621 Send a message via Skype™ to madmatt621
Default Re: At least 33 dead at Virginia Tech

*Turning on CCN*

33 DEAD AT VIRGINIA TECH
madmatt621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #89
6 p01nt3d*st@r
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to 6 p01nt3d*st@r

i saw that on the news, its horrable
what els is sad is that my teachers son died this week=(

6 p01nt3d*st@r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:20 PM   #90
hyprskillz
FFR Player

Nobody isn't sure at this point whether the gunman is a student or not but why he pulled this off is beyond me. Tragic and horrific nevertheless.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #91
eGeNeMo0re1
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to eGeNeMo0re1

yea i know its on the news now cnn
eGeNeMo0re1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #92
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

I'm starting to hear he was searching for his ex-girlfriend. One of his victims was the new boyfriend. Whether this is true or not, I can't say.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:26 PM   #93
cC@Zz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer View Post
I'm starting to hear he was searching for his ex-girlfriend. One of his victims was the new boyfriend. Whether this is true or not, I can't say.
Could be. If thats true, I find it strange he would kill all those people who had nothing to do with it.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:28 PM   #94
jamuko
FFR Player

I woke up to this today... just horrible. I live in VA and have for pretty much all of my life, so I know a bunch of people who go to Tech.

Thanks to Facebook I was assured the safety of most of the people I know there, but dang. My condolences to all friends and family of the victims.
I shoot eye beams at the things I hate and make them explode! (Yay!)
So Happy! Smile! Hello! It's a picnic every day
There's lots of happiness in my pocket
So let's play forever~
jamuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #95
stfuitsbrandon
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to stfuitsbrandon

the thing that sucks is, my school doesnt tell us any news, i just heard it from a friend. this is honestly so horrible, all i can do is pray for all the familys that have to go through this. and i hope you please do the same.

srsly, dis wuz epik b ond buhleaf
stfuitsbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:53 PM   #96
bmfer
FFR Player

i'm wasthing nbc nightly news and it is f$%k up!
bmfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #97
FluorescentArmy
Forum User

Send a message via AIM to FluorescentArmy Send a message via Yahoo to FluorescentArmy

It must be hectic down there.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #98
stfuitsbrandon
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to stfuitsbrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmatt621 View Post
Major School Shootings* of Past 10 Years:

Greenville, Texas. March 7, 2007. A 16-year-old male high school student fatally shot himself while in the band hallway area of the school around 7:15 a.m. No other students were injured. More than 100 parents rushed to the school to remove their students.
— Tacoma, Wash. Jan. 3, 2007. An 18-year-old male high school student was arrested for shooting and killing a 17-year-old male student at their school. The suspect allegedly shot the victim in the face and then stood over him, firing twice more.
— Springfield Township, Pa. Dec. 12, 2006. A 16-year-old male high school shot and killed himself with an AK-47 assault rifle in the hallway of his high school. The student, reportedly despondent over his grades, had the gun concealed in a camouflage duffle bag and fired one round in the ceiling to warn other students to get out of the way before committing suicide.
— Katy, Texas. Oct. 17, 2006. A 16-year-old male high school sophomore committed suicide by shooting himself with a handgun in the school's cafeteria courtyard.
— Nickel Mines, Pa., Oct. 2, 2006. A truck driver walked into a one-room Amish schoolhouse with two rifles, a semi-automatic handgun, and 600 rounds of ammunition, selected all the female students, and shot them execution-style, killing five and seriously wounding six. The man then shot himself, apparently having left suicide notes beforehand.
— Cazenovia, Wis., Sept. 29, 2006. A student walked into a rural school with a pistol and a rifle and shot the principal several times, critically injuring him.
— Bailey, Colo. Sept. 27, 2006. A lone gunman enters a high school and holds six female students hostage, sexually assaults them, kills one of them, and then himself after a four-hour standoff.
— Pittsburgh, Pa. Sept. 17, 2006. Five Duquesne University basketball players are wounded after a shooting on campus after a dance. One of the two shooters was allegedly upset that his date had talked to one of the athletes.
— Hillsborough, N.C. Aug. 30, 2006. After shooting his father to death, a student open fires at his high school, injuring two students. Deputies found guns, ammunition, and homemade pipe bombs in the student's car. The student had emailed Columbine High's principal, telling him that it was "time the world remembered" the shootings at Columbine.
— Essex, Vt. Aug. 24, 2006. A gunman shoots five people, killing two of them, in a rampage through two houses and an elementary school, before wounding himself.
— Red Lake Indian Reservation, Minn. March 21, 2005. The worst school-related shooting incident since the Columbine shootings in April of 1999. Ten killed (shooter killed nine and then himself) and seven injured in rampage by high school student.
— Cumberland City, Tenn. March 2, 2005. School bus driver shot and killed while driving a school bus carrying approximately 20 students by a 14-year-old student who had been reported to administrators by the driver for chewing tobacco on the bus.
— Nine Mile Falls, Wash. Dec. 10, 2004. A 16-year-old high school junior committed suicide at the high school's entryway. A canister holding fireworks, shotgun shells, and rifle cartridges was found in a backpack belonging to the student.
— Joyce, Wash. March 17, 2004. A 13-year-old student shot and killed himself in a school classroom where about 20 other students were present. The boy reportedly brought a .22-caliber rifle hidden in a guitar case and pulled it out during the 10 a.m. class.
— Philadelphia, Pa. Feb. 11, 2004. A 10-year-old student was shot in the face and died after being shot outside a Philadelphia elementary school. A 56-year-old female school crossing guard was also shot in the foot as she tried to scurry children across the street as bullets were flying and children were on the playground.
— Washington, D.C. Feb. 2, 2004. A 17-year-old male high school student died after being shot several times and another student was injured after shots were fired near the school's cafeteria.
— Henderson, Nev. Jan. 21, 2004. Gunman shoots and kills a hostage in his car on school campus. The gunman was allegedly looking for his ex-girlfriend as he searched the school full of children in an after-school program.
— Cold Spring, Minn. Sept. 24, 2003. Two students shot and killed by a 15-year-old boy at Rocori High School.
— Red Lion, Pa. April 24, 2003. Principal of Red Lion Area Junior High is fatally shot in the chest by a 14-year-old student, who then committed suicide, as students gather in the cafeteria for breakfast.
— New Orleans, La. April 14, 2003. One 15-year-old killed and three students wounded at John McDonough High School by gunfire from four teenagers in a gang-related shooting.
— October 7, 2002. Bowie, Md. A 13-year-old by was shot and critically wounded by the DC-area sniper outside Benjamin Tasker Middle School.
— New York, N.Y. Jan. 15, 2002. Two students at Martin Luther King Junior High School in Manhattan were seriously wounded when an 18-year-old opened fire in the school.
— Caro, Mich.. Nov. 12, 2001. A 17-year-old student took two hostages and the Caro Learning Center before killing himself.
— Ennis, Texas. May 15, 2001. A 16-year-old sophomore upset over his relationship with a girl, took 17 hostages in English class, and shot and killed himself and the girl.
— Gary, Ind. March 30, 2001. 17-year-old expelled from Lew Wallace High School kills classmate.
— Granite Hills, Calif. March 22, 2001. One teacher and three students wounded by a student at Granite Hills school.
— Willamsport, Pa. March 7, 2001. Classmate wounded by a 14-year-old girl, in the cafeteria of Bishop Newuman High School.
— Santee, Calif. March 5, 2001. A 15-year-old student killed two fellow students and wounded 13 others, while firing from a bathroom at Santana High School in San Diego County.
— Baltimore, Md. Jan. 17, 2001. 17-year-old student shot and killed in front of Lake Clifton-Eastern High School.
— New Orleans, La. Sept. 26, 2000. Two students wounded in a gun fight at Woodson Middle School.
— Lake Worth, Fla. May 26, 2000. A 13-year-old honor killed his English teacher, Barry Grunow, on the last day of classes after the teacher refused to let him talk to two girls in his classroom.
— Mount Morris Township, Mich. Feb. 29, 2000. A 6-year-old boy shot and killed a 6-year-old girl at Buell Elementary School with a .32 caliber handgun.
— Fort Gibson, Okla. Dec. 6, 2000. A 13-year-old boy, armed with a handgun, opened fire outside Fort Gibson Middle school, wounding four classmates.
— Deming, N.M. Nov. 19, 1999. 12-year-old boy came to school dressed in camouflage and shoots 13-year-old girl with a .22 caliber as students were returning from lunch.
— Conyers, Georgia. May 20, 1999. 15-year-old sophomore opens fire with a rifle and a handgun on Heritage High School students arriving for classes, injuring six.
— Littleton, Colo. April 20, 1999. Students Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 23 before killing themselves at Columbine High School.
— Springfield, Ore. May 21, 1998. Two teenagers were killed and more than 20 people hurt when a teenage boy opened fire at a high school after killing his parents. Kip Kinkel, 17, was sentenced to nearly 112 years in prison.
— Fayetteville, Tenn. May 19, 1998. Three days before his graduation, an honor student opened fire at a high school, killing a classmate who was dating his ex-girlfriend. Jacob Davis, 18, was sentenced to life in prison.
— Jonesboro, Ark. March 24, 1998. Two boys, ages 11 and 13, fired on their middle school from nearby woods, killing four girls and a teacher and wounding 10 others. Both boys were later convicted of murder and can be held until age 21.
— West Paducah, Ky. Dec. 1, 1997. Three students were killed and five wounded at a high school. Michael Carneal, then 14, later pleaded guilty but mentally ill to murder and is serving life in prison.
— Pearl, Miss. Oct. 1, 1997. Sixteen-year-old Luke Woodham of fatally shot two students and wounded seven others after stabbing his mother to death. He was sentenced the following year to three life sentences.

Number of major school shootings* by states from above:

Texas: 3
Washington: 3
Pennsylvania: 6
Wisconsin: 1
Colorado: 2
North Carolina: 1
Vermont: 1
Minnesota: 2
Tennessee: 2
Washington DC: 1
Nevada: 1
Louisiana: 2
Maryland: 2
New York: 1
Michigan: 2
Indiana: 1
California: 2
Florida: 1
Oklahoma:
New Mexico:
Georgia: 1
Oregon: 1
Arkansas: 1
Kentucky: 1
Mississippi: 1

Major school shootings have involved 25 of the 50 states.
*- Does not include 4/16/2007 West Virginia shooting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266374,00.html
thats so scary, i already showed it to most of my friends. my school actually just had a gun threat last year, and i was forced to go to school by my parents. we had cops walking down EVERY hall. nothing ended up happening but it was the scariest day of my life. also the year before that we had 4 bomb threats within one week. i really dont like how unsafe schools are getting

srsly, dis wuz epik b ond buhleaf
stfuitsbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:05 PM   #99
FluorescentArmy
Forum User

Send a message via AIM to FluorescentArmy Send a message via Yahoo to FluorescentArmy

Wow, I didn't think that PA had that many serious school shootings. I remember hearing about the AK-47 one.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #100
Loot You
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stfuitsbrandon View Post
thats so scary, i already showed it to most of my friends. my school actually just had a gun threat last year, and i was forced to go to school by my parents. we had cops walking down EVERY hall. nothing ended up happening but it was the scariest day of my life. also the year before that we had 4 bomb threats within one week. i really dont like how unsafe schools are getting
I agree, I'm in michigan and we had around 12 bomb threats in one year a while back.. and that was just on the middle school. Another school 20 minutes away or so had one today, too.
Loot You is offline   Reply With Quote