Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-3-2005, 08:14 PM   #81
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tsuteto Send a message via MSN to Tsuteto

You're welcome.

Oh, and to stay on topic... I still think the little argument between Tass and Afro was funny.
Old 01-3-2005, 08:15 PM   #82
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Yea for Tass.
Nay for emccky. Maybe a one game ban, but like blah said, it's a first offense, and if this doesn't get through to him, then it's serious.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 01-3-2005, 08:19 PM   #83
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Hey guys, how about you stupid acting like little children and stay on topic.

YES for Tass, though I think he should be able to try to host. He won't get enough votes anyway, so it won't matter either way.

NO for emccky. I cheated in TWG5 and nothing happened. Others have cheated in the past and nothing happened. Also, there hasn't been a really official declaration of the rules yet, so those who haven't really played much before don't know all the rules 100%. I think this should just be a warning. Any further badness and he gets a temp ban.

And yeah, if you want to post your own ideas for hosting and all that, go to the thread I made. Keep all that discussion out of this. Also, Tsuteto, repeatedly saying the convo was funny is NOT staying on topic. And I better get in on the next game! I've died Night 1 and 2 in the past two games, and I want to actually play next time!!

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-3-2005, 08:19 PM   #84
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

There needs to be more rules for TWG.

Like a warning system, what is defined as cheating, and soforth.
Old 01-3-2005, 08:22 PM   #85
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
And yeah, if you want to post your own ideas for hosting and all that, go to the thread I made. Keep all that discussion out of this. Also, Tsuteto, repeatedly saying the convo was funny is NOT staying on topic. And I better get in on the next game! I've died Night 1 and 2 in the past two games, and I want to actually play next time!!
Yeah, I know. But it's more on topic if I say it than don't.

And I know what you mean. From the jTWG, I got killed the first night. I'm just saying that it was because the wolves feared me. XD
Old 01-4-2005, 07:31 AM   #86
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I would like the use this thread to appoligize for my behavior yesterday. I was out of line, and it was uncalled for.

I was having an EXTREMELY rough day yesterday, for reasons I would rather not go into on the forums. I'd be glad to chat on AIM about it, as it will help me cope.

But still, Tass should be allowed to host.
Old 01-4-2005, 12:29 PM   #87
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Meh, you're allowed to have bad days. That's one of the reasons why I rarely care as to how my life goes though.

As for this whole Tass ordeal... I'm not saying anything about this, mostly due to me not knowing what has happened. I'll have to go back and read the TWG.

And yay! I should be able to signup! 5:00 PM EST is 3:00 PM MST, which is my time I believe.
Old 01-4-2005, 02:13 PM   #88
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
see my post above... panda pwnd me big time... even though i never talked to her.
At least not about anything related to the game.. and I'm told you sent the one conversation we had to someone else for "analysis."

As much as Tass annoys me during this game (I wanted to keep you alive to the end just to rub that "allstar" bullshit in your face), I don't think he should be banned. He takes it FAR too seriously, but it should be his choice to quit playing, not ours.

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU:
The fact that you follow someone so blindly makes it outrageously easy to kill you. This game was put in the CT forum because it was supposed to spark our creativity and (dare I say it!) ability to THINK CRITICALLY. I'm starting to agree with Q that it should be taken from this forum, because it really has nothing to do with critical thinking. Yes, this latest story was excellent and should have inspired us to great works of thought and roleplaying, but it DIDN'T. It was a bunch of sheep following the sort-of intelligent-sounding guesses of one person. I'm suspicious that LD continued to rely on Tasselfoot's judgement even after we killed Tass. That's freaking ridiculous, people. Play this game for YOURSELF. The power you give Tass makes it possible for him to manipulate any of you, whether he is a human or a wolf.

Chardish mentioned getting rid of alliances. All I have to say about that is, in the real game, with cards, a narrator, and people sitting in a circle in their living room, there are no alliances. I'm a purist. Whatever.

And as for this nonsense about my gathering of information being illegal. Bull. Guido originally told me he was human. The conversation went a little like, Panda: "Damn, nothing special. Again. You?" Guido: "Nope. I was a mason last time." And then I voted for LD and Jpec died. Jpec had been a mason before the role-reassigning, and Guido got a little confused and thought he, LD, and Jpec were masons, so he mentioned that he'd messed up in letting Jpec die, and when I asked why, he told me he was a mason. After accidentally signing into AIM under Guido's screenname (curse you, auto log-in!), I got the already mentioned IMs from LD and Eyespew. Guido told me LD was a mason so that I wouldn't vote to lynch him anymore. You make it sound like I performed sexual favors in return for the information I received. There was nothing illegal about it -- that kind of information is shared in alliances, and I (albeit accidentally and unwillingly) found myself sort of wedged in an alliance. I will admit I felt sort of ashamed when, after being asked if he had seen my PM, Guido replied, "No, we have honor." Oops.

As for killings.. Cypher was kind of a random pick. At the time the vote to kill him was sent, Alain didn't even know he was playing the game. I just mentioned to Afro that I thought Cypher would make a good night 1 (and then I felt guilty when I learned about your cool siggie). Afro, I think, thought all the wolves had to send in a PM about who should die, so he PMed Chardish and told him to kill Cypher. Whoops. Game on! Sorry, buddy.

I should mention, now, that I had an elaborate post typed up, but my computer has been blocked from the intarweb, so I'm using my roommate's computer. Sigh.

Anyway. After night 1, things got tricky. The three wolves had one AIM chat together where we shared strategy. Then we decided that, since I would be at Guido's house for a large part of the game, conversation with me and either Alain or Afro would be too risky, since (to Guido's knowledge, at least), I've never spoken to either of them, and since Guido knows I think the alliances are a bad idea, he'd know I couldn't have any good reasons to talk to them at this point. So when I left for Waco, all I knew was that EB was the guardian and he was the next pick for a violent death. :/ I was tired enough when Guido announced the next death that I actually found it kind of hard to feign surprise.

When I found out the special roles (save for Eyespew), I had maybe five minutes to myself, while Guido was distracted by family, to have a quick IM conversation with Afro and to send very cryptic, short PMs to Alain giving him the information I had, and a tidbit I'd picked up reading over Guido's shoulder (Eyespew: If me or LD dies, it was Tass). Alain chose the next two kills (Emccky and Tass), and the night I left Guido's house was the night Alain went out of town. He sent me a PM with his plan for the rest of the game, his password, a phone number where I could reach him, and a post he'd written.

This is where I panicked. I didn't think I could do it -- I had to work, I had to avoid the suspicions of my boyfriend, and now I had to be two people?

But, like I said, the blind following the blind made it pretty easy. I just had to play into the image of the simple-minded girlfriend-of-genius many people have made for me, and watch how the bandwagons went. Instalynches became my best friend.

While I ultimately enjoyed playing this, and got lots of laughs from my conversations with clueless humans...
Panda: I think you're right about Afro, Blah, and Hans
Eyespew: It's definitely more information than we've had any other game. Being a mason lets you use the process of elimination.
(note: above conversation is from memory, all the logs are on my worthless, blocked computer)
...I will most likely be sitting out for a while. School is starting, and I have to get my ass in gear if I have a prayer of successfully transferring to a much, much better school. I've also been cast in a play that will take up most of my time starting Monday, and I'm still on the crew team, and spring is always very busy for us. So it's possible that I may come here just to play or to watch Guido on the cam I got him for Christmas. =)

Thank you many, TWG.
Old 01-4-2005, 02:18 PM   #89
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

well said , and I don't think I'm a follower, despite how much tass wishes I would baa, but you make the correct arguemnt, and i hope some people take it to heart.

Old 01-4-2005, 02:41 PM   #90
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

If I had stayed in the game, I would have been sure to NOT wolf Tass. That's another mistake I think Alain made. If Tass never got wolf'd, eventually all the humans would be like "OK, Tass would be wolfed under all circumstances except if he's a wolf." Then Tass would get lynch'd. That would be an even greater blow to Tass ego than merely not winning- his team losing and him gettting lynch'd.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretchy
A lot of stuff that I'm not going to quote
Very well put.
Old 01-4-2005, 02:48 PM   #91
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchypanda
At least not about anything related to the game.. and I'm told you sent the one conversation we had to someone else for "analysis."

As much as Tass annoys me during this game (I wanted to keep you alive to the end just to rub that "allstar" bullshit in your face), I don't think he should be banned. He takes it FAR too seriously, but it should be his choice to quit playing, not ours.

AS FOR THE REST OF YOU:
The fact that you follow someone so blindly makes it outrageously easy to kill you. This game was put in the CT forum because it was supposed to spark our creativity and (dare I say it!) ability to THINK CRITICALLY. I'm starting to agree with Q that it should be taken from this forum, because it really has nothing to do with critical thinking. Yes, this latest story was excellent and should have inspired us to great works of thought and roleplaying, but it DIDN'T. It was a bunch of sheep following the sort-of intelligent-sounding guesses of one person. I'm suspicious that LD continued to rely on Tasselfoot's judgement even after we killed Tass. That's freaking ridiculous, people. Play this game for YOURSELF. The power you give Tass makes it possible for him to manipulate any of you, whether he is a human or a wolf.

Chardish mentioned getting rid of alliances. All I have to say about that is, in the real game, with cards, a narrator, and people sitting in a circle in their living room, there are no alliances. I'm a purist. Whatever.

And as for this nonsense about my gathering of information being illegal. Bull. Guido originally told me he was human. The conversation went a little like, Panda: "Damn, nothing special. Again. You?" Guido: "Nope. I was a mason last time." And then I voted for LD and Jpec died. Jpec had been a mason before the role-reassigning, and Guido got a little confused and thought he, LD, and Jpec were masons, so he mentioned that he'd messed up in letting Jpec die, and when I asked why, he told me he was a mason. After accidentally signing into AIM under Guido's screenname (curse you, auto log-in!), I got the already mentioned IMs from LD and Eyespew. Guido told me LD was a mason so that I wouldn't vote to lynch him anymore. You make it sound like I performed sexual favors in return for the information I received. There was nothing illegal about it -- that kind of information is shared in alliances, and I (albeit accidentally and unwillingly) found myself sort of wedged in an alliance. I will admit I felt sort of ashamed when, after being asked if he had seen my PM, Guido replied, "No, we have honor." Oops.

As for killings.. Cypher was kind of a random pick. At the time the vote to kill him was sent, Alain didn't even know he was playing the game. I just mentioned to Afro that I thought Cypher would make a good night 1 (and then I felt guilty when I learned about your cool siggie). Afro, I think, thought all the wolves had to send in a PM about who should die, so he PMed Chardish and told him to kill Cypher. Whoops. Game on! Sorry, buddy.

I should mention, now, that I had an elaborate post typed up, but my computer has been blocked from the intarweb, so I'm using my roommate's computer. Sigh.

Anyway. After night 1, things got tricky. The three wolves had one AIM chat together where we shared strategy. Then we decided that, since I would be at Guido's house for a large part of the game, conversation with me and either Alain or Afro would be too risky, since (to Guido's knowledge, at least), I've never spoken to either of them, and since Guido knows I think the alliances are a bad idea, he'd know I couldn't have any good reasons to talk to them at this point. So when I left for Waco, all I knew was that EB was the guardian and he was the next pick for a violent death. :/ I was tired enough when Guido announced the next death that I actually found it kind of hard to feign surprise.

When I found out the special roles (save for Eyespew), I had maybe five minutes to myself, while Guido was distracted by family, to have a quick IM conversation with Afro and to send very cryptic, short PMs to Alain giving him the information I had, and a tidbit I'd picked up reading over Guido's shoulder (Eyespew: If me or LD dies, it was Tass). Alain chose the next two kills (Emccky and Tass), and the night I left Guido's house was the night Alain went out of town. He sent me a PM with his plan for the rest of the game, his password, a phone number where I could reach him, and a post he'd written.

This is where I panicked. I didn't think I could do it -- I had to work, I had to avoid the suspicions of my boyfriend, and now I had to be two people?

But, like I said, the blind following the blind made it pretty easy. I just had to play into the image of the simple-minded girlfriend-of-genius many people have made for me, and watch how the bandwagons went. Instalynches became my best friend.

While I ultimately enjoyed playing this, and got lots of laughs from my conversations with clueless humans...
Panda: I think you're right about Afro, Blah, and Hans
Eyespew: It's definitely more information than we've had any other game. Being a mason lets you use the process of elimination.
(note: above conversation is from memory, all the logs are on my worthless, blocked computer)
...I will most likely be sitting out for a while. School is starting, and I have to get my ass in gear if I have a prayer of successfully transferring to a much, much better school. I've also been cast in a play that will take up most of my time starting Monday, and I'm still on the crew team, and spring is always very busy for us. So it's possible that I may come here just to play or to watch Guido on the cam I got him for Christmas. =)

Thank you many, TWG.
QFT

And Afrobean, I think that would have been a better idea as well. You could have easily pinned it on Tass because people think he'd immediately be wolfed. When the psycic was killed, they had no way to know for sure that you were a wolf.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-4-2005, 02:58 PM   #92
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

well said also panda... but, a few things.

1. i think i talked to you for about 20 seconds before you left for waco, and not about TWG... so, i had no twg conversation with you this game...
2. i talked with alain for about 20 seconds also. it went like this... Blah: i told Alain we all jumped on him. Me: WTF would you do that for?!?! Alain then votes for me... I IM Alain and try to reason with him (obviously that wouldn't do any good, same thing with Afro... but at least he got his just due)
3. who followed me blindly? EB told me and Afro he was the guardian... good plan in theory, in that 1 was the wolf, and that person was lynched for killing him... LD (and later eyespew) came to me as a mason... and i worked WITH him this game. in no way did any of the masons follow me blindly. i figured out on my own that guido was the 3rd, but i was never told that. nor did i talk to guido at all this game either.
4. i'm fairly confident that had you kept me alive, at least alain would have died. most likely you would have still won panda, but it would have just been you, and it would have been close. of course this is just my opinion...
Old 01-4-2005, 03:02 PM   #93
flypie743
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to flypie743

Are people from the jTWG allowed to sign up for the real TWG?

IF YOU ARE THE BOMB YOU WILL CLICK THIS and if you dont, you suck.
Old 01-4-2005, 03:03 PM   #94
Tsuteto
FFR Player

Hey, I've already been killed the first night, so I'm pretty sure I'm allowed.
Old 01-4-2005, 03:30 PM   #95
flypie743
FFR Player

Yeah, I mean the people who are still playing in jTWG. I don't think it is fair that the main players of TWG don't get spots, especially when the jTWG people are still in their own game...

Old 01-4-2005, 03:30 PM   #96
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypie743
Are people from the jTWG allowed to sign up for the real TWG?
Yes, Chardish came to the jTWG signups thread and said that jTWG members would not be turned away from the next TWG.

EDIT: if others feel the same as Flypie about jTWG people who are still playing, I'd gladly step out of jTWG for the real one.
Old 01-4-2005, 03:43 PM   #97
flypie743
FFR Player

I mean if they are already in a game I don't think it is fair that they can be in TWO games at the same time. You know? But it they are dead that is another story. If they are active/alive in jTWG I don't think it is fair to other people that want to play in TWG.

Old 01-4-2005, 03:56 PM   #98
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

I pm'd Chardish and he said I could sign up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 01-4-2005, 04:09 PM   #99
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypie743
I mean if they are already in a game I don't think it is fair that they can be in TWO games at the same time. You know? But it they are dead that is another story. If they are active/alive in jTWG I don't think it is fair to other people that want to play in TWG.
Some people playing jTWG have also been waiting a long time to get in...

I'd gladly step out of jTWG, but I don't see the point. Thankfully, Chardish is allowing us to play.
Old 01-4-2005, 04:12 PM   #100
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

No matter how often you all say I screwed up, remember that my strategy kept me alive and won the game.