Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 03:23 AM   #961
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Or, just refuse to play people who exploit them.

See, my way at least tries to make a change for the better.

Edit: I can understand it in a tournament setting. Even though I'll never do it and never even try to learn how, I get why you do it. All I'm asking is that you don't do it against random people or people you know won't be doing it.

Last edited by Squeek; 10-31-2007 at 03:31 AM..
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:26 AM   #962
Rszkwski623
FFR Player

Update: The Summit
Type: Stage
World: Ice Climbers

not going to ruin the suprise. go to the website and see the first picture. Not an amazing suprise, but it's nice to know sakurai cares. XD

Rszkwski623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:47 AM   #963
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rszkwski623 View Post
Update: The Summit
Type: Stage
World: Ice Climbers

not going to ruin the suprise. go to the website and see the first picture. Not an amazing suprise, but it's nice to know sakurai cares. XD
Sliding down the mountain... I wonder how hard that'll be. It kind of reminds me of Big Blue from Melee when you touch the street you stay with it and go right on the screen.

PS: I'm at school right now.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:16 AM   #964
masterhickle
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to masterhickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttoxin View Post
Sliding down the mountain... I wonder how hard that'll be. It kind of reminds me of Big Blue from Melee when you touch the street you stay with it and go right on the screen.
It does kinda remind me of Big Blue too. I don't think it'll be too hard - Big Blue wasn't really that bad, I used falling on the road as more of a getaway than anything.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #965
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Who the f*** cares about the glitches ? I just want to play a newer version of smash. You Squeek, act like we pros aren't going to figure out a way to play on a whole new level again. Seriously enough with the "glitches". It's about this game which i'm dying to play regardless of whether i'll be able to wave dash or not.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:32 PM   #966
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I said it before. I really want to play it too. I just don't want my online experience ruined because some of you competitive-mode people can't / won't differentiate between tournaments and casual online play.

And don't say it won't happen because so many people have already confirmed that it happens all the time with other games.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:09 PM   #967
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
Or, just refuse to play people who exploit them.

See, my way at least tries to make a change for the better.

Edit: I can understand it in a tournament setting. Even though I'll never do it and never even try to learn how, I get why you do it. All I'm asking is that you don't do it against random people or people you know won't be doing it.
If I start playing smash, I'll only be playing it to become the best. I'll have "fun" matches here and there, but it will be mostly practice. Just like halo 3's infection. Its a "fun" game that I've only played twice.
l2awr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #968
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

If i feel like my pride as a good smash bros. player is in danger you can count on me and many others to go all out tourny if it comes to that point. I will most definitely play my hardest everytime. To me it just sounds like you're annoyed with the idea of getting your ass whooped mercilessly. Find sucky friends is all i've got to say with you if you play on a lower lever of competition. You decide whether you're gonna let it ruin your gameplay or not. Either find it fun to get better and better til eventually your a "tourny bum". Or continue to suck.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #969
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

..and you act like wavedash is auto-win or something. I don't know how glitches are in Mario Kart, I've only played a few times, but I noticed some guy will fly all over the screen and take off like triple the normal speed right before I beat them.. and a person that doesn't wavedash or l-cancel can beat someone that does. It just takes an insane amount of carefulness and reading. Wavedashing and l-canceling you just allow you to be better without needing so much of those things. Wavedashing is no groundbreaking find. You act like it's going to take your stock away instantly. People are going to cheat, there's no getting around it... but luckily smash has, and I believe this, the best community out of any other game. Most people that are going to play this game respect it enough not to cheat to the extent that is not already there to be done. All they did was find something and put it to a good use. It's going to happen in this game, too. So, as soon as it happens, you'll never play online again.. or will you just play and quit out everytime someone does it until you finally find someone that doesn't do it? Just get over it and play the game, **** happens.
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #970
zidart
FFR Player

this new stage has become my favorite so far XD. filled with changes and at the end giant fishes.

seriously if brawl has glitches, i hope those glitches are something negative because they ruin the whole on-line experience, true wavedash is not auto-win but it's annoying
zidart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #971
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I just don't understand what you people don't get about how you will most most definitely lose to someone who L-cancels consistently. Wave dashing unless your marth isn't as important. Someone Who L-cancels consistently moves around the stage faster overall than usual allowing you to execute your attacks with swift speed and power. Squeek would never want to play me. I would create my own master Final Destination stage on brawl and always play on it lol.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #972
Aleste
stating the obvious.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Aleste Send a message via MSN to Aleste

i like the new stage, too. It seems like all the stages are much more dynamic in brawl. i was reading an article about the forthcoming shooter Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and EA created an in game matching system for their multiplayer. More wii games should do this... Brawl probably won't, but it would've been nice.

Quote:
Luckily, getting into a match will be much easier than with most online Nintendo-based games. No friend codes to be seen here--instead, you'll use EA's "EA Nation" Web portal to set up an account and then log in through the game's front end itself. The EA Nation login will let you browse for running games online, and you'll be able to jump into or out of games that are running at any time, rather than being required to join a game's lobby before it starts.
Heroes 2 Article

having to exchange friend codes is a hassle. They did say that there'd be random matches in brawl, right?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 PM   #973
sjoecool1991
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I hate playing games competitively, thats why I hate tournament rules in SSBM, it takes away from the fun of the game.
Same will go for SSBB.

Also, I agree will Squeek, playing with people who exploit glitches, especially wave dashing, is no fun at all.
sjoecool1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #974
RoastedNoob
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Random battles, yes.. and L-cancelling may double your speed, but it's still not the deciding factor. L-cancelling raises your defense and offense by a huge amount and over-all speed. Wavedashing raises your maneuverability, and over-all speed. The true deciding factor in a game of smash, though... Is predicting and staying unpredictable. If you know what your enemy is going to do, you don't need any advanced technique. You can go the whole game using one attack and fourstock them if you truly are that good at reading someone. That's what it all boils down to, reading and mindgames. imo lol

EDIT: It's still the same damn game, no fun is taken away.

Last edited by RoastedNoob; 10-31-2007 at 06:55 PM..
RoastedNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 PM   #975
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastedNoob View Post
EDIT: It's still the same damn game, no fun is taken away.
It's a fun game when everyone plays fairly.

For example, back when I was young, I loved racing other people. I wouldn't always win, but I was one of the best racers on the schoolyard. Say someone started using those shoes with wheels on them to win races. That's cheating (and would likely make them slower, but just bear with the example), but other people see it and go "hey that's how I could beat Squeek!" Then everyone's doing that. They're no longer actually racing. They're sliding. Now there's no more races.

I don't want the fun of the game ruined. The interview with those guys said there's less of a gap between newbies and veterans. That's a good thing because my friends absolutely refused to play Melee with me after a while.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM   #976
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I don't want the fun of the game ruined. The interview with those guys said there's less of a gap between newbies and veterans. That's a good thing because my friends absolutely refused to play Melee with me after a while.
Either they really sucked, you were really good, or both. Either way, I would've kept on playing against you, and everytime I would think, "Ok, I'm guna beat him this time. I have to!" Seems kind of stupid to stop playing a game because somebody else is better than you. I know I won't stop playing because somebody's better than me during Brawl. If somebody is better than me (which there will be thousands of people), I'll keep practicing until I beat them. And Squeek if you do get Brawl, I'll make sure you are that person, or one of those people.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:20 PM   #977
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

They probably really sucked.

With 5 stock and team matches, I'd get ten kills off and they'd get... zero.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:21 PM   #978
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

ROFL then yeah they sucked.

EDIT: If the glitches are as small as wave dashing or l cancelling then you can't call that cheating. BOOHOO GET OVER IT. PEOPLE WILL EXPLOIT GLITCHES IN THIS GAME. And i can't wait to play them.

Last edited by korny; 10-31-2007 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-31-2007, 08:22 PM   #979
Rszkwski623
FFR Player

Nothing confirmed, but I heard that the delay was because of Super Mario Galaxy being releasing right before Brawl comes out which would cause competetion between their own games.

Sorry for inturrupting, o.oV

Last edited by Rszkwski623; 10-31-2007 at 08:25 PM.. Reason: accidentally interupted the main argument at the moment
Rszkwski623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:23 PM   #980
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
They probably really sucked.

With 5 stock and team matches, I'd get ten kills off and they'd get... zero.
lmao... you must live in a neighborhood with bad gamers then. I'd absolutly HATE that. Atleast I would as I think back, because I probably wouldn't have been as much of a videogame fan as I am now, which isn't saying much.